Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons)

+31
JameyoftheMegacosmos
Officer_Charon
Robert Frazer
Verisus
ChaosKin640
Hondo Sackett
Marx Gant
Professor Voodoo
Awinnell
boomer_gonz
Darkstar117
MP5
Lyndist
tremec6speed
maverick375
WEBER
Alfisti
Kiskaloo
Jacen Starslayer
Schaschanist
FearTheLASERFACE
SPARTAN 119
TTIO
rshackleford
West Nile
Wileama
rusty-spring
LoC978
ElfenMagix
Nachtsider
emperor
35 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) - Page 3 Empty Re: So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons)

Post by Nachtsider Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 11:31

This is why I haven't touched 616 Punisher in forever.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) - Page 3 Empty Re: So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons)

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 13:43

Chaoskin640 wrote:you might be interested in this little number:
Verisus wrote:If we're bringing in flintlocks, then how about something I spotted on TVtropes a while back
Nachtsider wrote: That tacticool flintlock.

Is.

Bad.

Ass.

Robert Frazer wrote:On the topic of firearm/blade interfaces... an eternal classic.
Elio: Every one of you is a bad influence and a corrupter of otherwise well-trained cyborgs.

Along the same lines...here's a good reason I didn't take Marisa with me to the Musee de la Marine in Paris;
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) - Page 3 Img_1210

Marisa: Hand canon!

Voodoo: No, Mari...it's meant to be mounted on the gunwale of a ship...that's what the heavy lugs on the side are for.

Marisa: But the sailors in olden times didn't have my strong cyborg hands...I could totally use that without a mount!

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3428

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 16:03

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) - Page 3 Nock_v10

The Henry Nock Volley guns are the most famous and were designed by James Wilson and some 600 were made around 1780. They were used on board ships in the fighting tops of naval vessels. Henry Nock became sole supplier of these weapons to the British Navy. All seven barrels fire at once, this considerable flash is purported to have risked setting fire to the sails. The first few weapons were rifled, but that made them difficult to load as well as delivering an uncomfortable recoil.

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Forum Posts : 2131

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 16:34

A little something that could be hidden in Rache's Bra...
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) - Page 3 620

From: http://www.lrpstore.com/DENIX-Derringer-Flintlock-Pistol--Circa-18th-Century/p--620/
8cm Barrel Length, 18cm Overall Length

OK, maybe not in Rachel's bra but its concealable.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Fri 15 Apr 2011 - 21:25

Mon ami, I get the impression that you could hide a knee mortar in Rachel's bra...

Officer_Charon

Forum Posts : 1472

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 15 Apr 2011 - 21:37

Officer_Charon wrote:Mon ami, I get the impression that you could hide a knee mortar in Rachel's bra...
Agapita: I've just had a great idea for next time we need some covert firepower.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 15 Apr 2011 - 22:07

Say all you want about the Imperial Japanese Army, but the knee mortar was one of the more brilliant weapons of all time.

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 9:55

Really only used by Monty or Jethro to aid in making forward progress through thick jungle... but I guess if, at some point, they just can't avoid getting uncivilized it could be pressed into service to fill other roles:

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) - Page 3 Machete2

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 14:49

Nachtsider wrote:Say all you want about the Imperial Japanese Army, but the knee mortar was one of the more brilliant weapons of all time.

as long as you weren't stupid enough to actually try and fire it on your knees

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Forum Posts : 2131

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 17:56

Oh, but of course. You're meant to rest that sucker against the ground; its recoil is considerable. I thought all the broken thighbones that resulted from misconception were hilarious. Yes, I am a horrible man.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 9:31

Ever since I saw it, my favorite weapons are those created made by Metal Storm Limited. Here's why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEu9LLQpOF8

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Male

Forum Posts : 167

Fan of : Crossovers

Original Characters : Henrietta and Jose

Comments : Very interested in the series. Like to learn more.

Registration date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 4:46

For a primary I would always love a H&K MP7 or a FN P90 as a CQB... or even a SCAR L... or an MP5... Oh man, there are so many good weapons out there so I don't really know what to choose Puzzled . Then as a longer range rifle I would prefer the STG 58 (FN FAL). But overall, I love the Steyr AUG because you can use it as anything This is my gun

And, as a secondary, a FN Five-Seven would be great but it's quite large so I would use something smaller but still powerfull... Sig Sauer P239 with 40. S&W rounds... or maybe a Sig P226.

I don't really know... depends on the situation I guess Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ProjectZ Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 9:04

primary- FN P90
secondary- my guitar
ProjectZ
ProjectZ

Male

Forum Posts : 42

Fan of : GsG (duh), FLCL, Soul Eater, Elfen Lied, Hetalia, K-on!

Original Characters : A few in the works, but nothing I'm willing to show yet

Comments : I don't always read Yuri.
But when I do, I prefer "Girl Friends"

Registration date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 21:16

El KaBong?
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 7:50

Let's see, where to begin?
For the weapons in the column, I chose the AK-103 because I just love Russian guns and am a Kalashnikov fanboy Smile . And there must be reason why so many people the world over use Kalashnikovs, right? The 103 uses a 7.62x39mm cartridge and is bassically a combination of the AKM, AK-47 and AK-47M. The HMAR sight, because I think it looked cool on COD MW3 and gives the option of telescopic or reflex sights. I'll switch between the GP-25 and XM-26 shotgun depending on the situation. Shotgun in CQC/indoors, G-launcher in open combat.
My secondary, the mighty hammer Mjolnir? C'mon, it's Mjolnir, Thor's unstopable hammer.
Seriously though, I was using the Berretta M93R for it's machinegun capabilities in a handgun sized package.
(BTW, I don't actually own any firearms, and the biggest one I've fired is a slug gun So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) - Page 3 61015, so I'm not an expert on this stuff)

As far as OCs, I won't giove reasons, the list is too long (most of the reasons are I think the gun is cool):

Vicotiria (cyborg):
-FN F2000 (Primary)
-Berretta M93R (Secondary)
-Berretta M92 (Modified to fire home made depleted unranium rounds)
-Berretta M92 (Suppressed)
-AA-12 (36 round drum)
-SiG 550 (Century magazine)
-RPG-7
-MAG-7 (Backup)
-Denel-Mechang NTW 20
-M240 (only in Iraq)
-Fragmentation grenades
-Concusion grenades
-Incendiary grenades
-Flash grenades
-HE grenades
-Bo Shuriken

Andromeda (Handler):
-FN F2000 (Primary)
-Berretta M93R (Shared secondary)
-Berretta M92 (Shared secondary)

Mercedes (Cyborg):
-Chey Tec M200 intervention (Shared Primary)
-H&K Mk. 23 (Secondary)
-Skorpion x2 (Shared Primary)
-Desert Eagle .50 (Backup)
-Flash grenades
-M14 EBR (Iraq only)

Barry (Handler):
-Mk. 23 (Only weapon)
-FAMAS (Iraq)

Claes (cyborg):
-MP5 (Primary)
-VP-70 (Secondary)
-Makarov (Backup)
-Flash grenades

Samuel (Handler):
-AK-103, -104, and -105 (Primary)
-Stechkin (Secondary)
-Makarov (Backup)
-LPO 50 flame thrower
-VSS
-AK-47 (Nostalgia)
-Bixon B-2
-Hecate (Foreign Legion/Iraq)
-A number of other Russian firearms I can't remember
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 8:02

Since you're not to familiar with guns, I'll point a few things out.

*I'll state that we only use DU in tank armor and shells because they have enough engine power or shell propellant to make use of them. If you can't actually get a depleted uranium slug up to a massive velocity, it's useless. So I can't imagine anything short of a .50 BMG would use it.

*The Mk23 SOCOM is a bit large for most adult males, so I can't imagine any female would carry one (Mercedes?)

*The Beretta 93r (there's no M) isn't really a machine-gun in the package of a handgun. It has terrible recoil, and the burst limits your rate of fire. If anything, the Glock 18, an Uzi or Skorpion are much more logical choices for machine pistols.
John_234
John_234

Male

Forum Posts : 469

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Taking a break for a while.

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 8:18

John_234 wrote:Since you're not to familiar with guns, I'll point a few things out.

*I'll state that we only use DU in tank armor and shells because they have enough engine power or shell propellant to make use of them. If you can't actually get a depleted uranium slug up to a massive velocity, it's useless. So I can't imagine anything short of a .50 BMG would use it.

*The Mk23 SOCOM is a bit large for most adult males, so I can't imagine any female would carry one (Mercedes?)

*The Beretta 93r (there's no M) isn't really a machine-gun in the package of a handgun. It has terrible recoil, and the burst limits your rate of fire. If anything, the Glock 18, an Uzi or Skorpion are much more logical choices for machine pistols.

What gave away that I'm not familiar with guns? Razz

In all seriousness though, my sources probably aren't the most reliable (mainly I like a gun on a game so I look at the wiki). And I try to stay away from the ever popular Glock if possible, I don't know why, and I'm doing a complete overhall, so chances are, with luck, things might turn slightly more realistic So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) - Page 3 61015.

And isn't the Uzi a bit big to fit in a shoulder holster and be hidden under a shirt? Micro/Mini Uzi, perhaps, (because I gather one of them is fairly small, but I can't remember which), but not regular Uzi. And the 93R takes the same magazines as the M92, which you see a lot of Padania using, so if worst comes to worst, she can always take ammo from enemy corpses.

If you can sugest anything to use instead of a replacement for the Mk. 23 (probably something that's likely to be used by MI:6), I'd be greatful. P99 perhaps? And don't say the Glock. I just don't like 'em, too mainstream.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 8:26

Yeah, I meant the Uzi family. The Mini Uzi is quite handy, and the Micro is nearly pistol sized. My point is though that the Beretta 93r was pretty much a failed concept, and is really just a cool guy gun. Which is perfectly fine if you like that sort of weapon.

As for the Mk23 replacement. A H&K USP .45? An HK 45? If you like HK, they have newer guns that work really well. There's also the S&W M&P, which I adore, the Beretta PX4 series (excellent stuff), the Springfield XD, and the Glock. The Glock, even if it's super common, is probably only used by two or three fratello on the site, to be honest.

That said, MI-6? Either the Browning Hi Power in some form, as it's the traditional British 9mm pistol, a Glock 17 (the most common one in UK these days) or a Sig pistol, notably the P226, P228/P229 and P225. All nine-milimeters. A H&K P30 or P2000 could also work, though they'd be very slightly out of place.
John_234
John_234

Male

Forum Posts : 469

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Taking a break for a while.

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 8:41

John_234 wrote:Yeah, I meant the Uzi family. The Mini Uzi is quite handy, and the Micro is nearly pistol sized. My point is though that the Beretta 93r was pretty much a failed concept, and is really just a cool guy gun. Which is perfectly fine if you like that sort of weapon.
That's pretty much my original reason for picking it, everything thereafter was a bonus So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) - Page 3 61015.

John_234 wrote:As for the Mk23 replacement. A H&K USP .45? An HK 45? If you like HK, they have newer guns that work really well. There's also the S&W M&P, which I adore, the Beretta PX4 series (excellent stuff), the Springfield XD, and the Glock. The Glock, even if it's super common, is probably only used by two or three fratello on the site, to be honest.
It's not that other Fratelli use it, it's just that in most action movies I watch and games I play (with the exception of WWII era stuff), I see a Glock. It's a bit like Henrietta, like her at first, but them story focusses on her too long and I get tired of her.

John_234 wrote:That said, MI-6? Either the Browning Hi Power in some form, as it's the traditional British 9mm pistol, a Glock 17 (the most common one in UK these days) or a Sig pistol, notably the P226, P228/P229 and P225. All nine-milimeters. A H&K P30 or P2000 could also work, though they'd be very slightly out of place.
Think I'll go with the Browning High Power.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 14:18

well...the only firearm i would wield is BARRETT m82a1,AW50,NTW20,PGM hecate II
and any semiautomatic sniper rifle+sig-p228+cz 75+scar-H for my sidearm.
the reason is,i'm more like a close quarter shapshooter(mw3,mw2 css,name it)and go killing with a big bang
making my enemy think 4 time when facing me(true story).....also i love wielding .50 caliber gun...i love it when the 50 caliber recoil hit my shoulder....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3