Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons)

+31
JameyoftheMegacosmos
Officer_Charon
Robert Frazer
Verisus
ChaosKin640
Hondo Sackett
Marx Gant
Professor Voodoo
Awinnell
boomer_gonz
Darkstar117
MP5
Lyndist
tremec6speed
maverick375
WEBER
Alfisti
Kiskaloo
Jacen Starslayer
Schaschanist
FearTheLASERFACE
SPARTAN 119
TTIO
rshackleford
West Nile
Wileama
rusty-spring
LoC978
ElfenMagix
Nachtsider
emperor
35 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Empty So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons)

Post by Guest Sun 6 Jul 2008 - 19:21

Yeah we see your weapons preference under your screen name...But you should tell us why! Very Happy

Primary: X-M8SDM 5.56mm x 45mm NATO
Secondary: H&K Mk23 .45ACP

Primary: Well, I chose the X-M8 because I like the way how it can change parts to suit the mission. In order to go from a Basic Rifleman component, all I need to do is slap on a scope and change the BR barrel to the SDM barrel. It's chambered for the NATO 5.56 round, easing collateral/structural damage in heavily populated environments (I.E Italy *Cough* *Cough*) unlike that dreaded AK-47 and its 7.62 round.

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) 300px-XM8_-_Final_Version

Secondary: I chose the Mk 23 since its chambered for the .45ACP round just like the M1911 "The Forty five) It can be modded with a Picatinny rail, where I can add laser sights and a flashlight if needed. Also, I enjoy the fact that it can be suppressed. Which is perfect for sensitive
operations. Plus, Sam Fisher recommends it. Wink

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) 300px-DSCF1083

Back to top Go down

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Empty Re: So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons)

Post by emperor Sun 6 Jul 2008 - 20:12

Primary: X-M8SDM 5.56mm x 45mm NATO

- But it stop making this gun alpready?

:catdz:
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Empty Re: So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons)

Post by Nachtsider Sun 6 Jul 2008 - 21:21

Yup, they stopped making it, all right.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 6 Jul 2008 - 22:26

GIMME SOMETHING I CAN USE!!!
Uhm... you guys know what I mean...
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 6 Jul 2008 - 23:10

I chose the G36E for many of the same reasons as why you chose the X-M8.
The best argument is since it uses a short stroke gas system, hot gases never directly come in contact with its inner workings. Meaning important parts won't overheat and jam. The second best argument is that it has possibly the coolest carry handle EVAR. Meaning it can be held on to when the rest of the weapon is still in its Amati instrument case.
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Item_HK_g36
I chose the USP .45 to keep with the H&K theme. It was also used in Metal gear solid...to kill my favorite character none the less.. snipe snow

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Usp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 6 Jul 2008 - 23:59

emperor wrote:Primary: X-M8SDM 5.56mm x 45mm NATO

- But it stop making this gun alpready?

:catdz:

Yeah they did, but it makes my OC cyborg unique. ^^ In real life I would opt for the FN SCAR.

coolest carry handle EVAR. Meaning it can be held on to when the rest of the weapon is still in its Amati instrument case.

I have a violin case but no weapons. >.< I guess the XM8 will fit in a violin case. In that case, an AT-4 will fit in a tuba case. But I highly doubt that Amati makes Tubas...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 0:44

In reality, it is very VERY difficult to try fitting a submachinegun inside a violin case unless you modified the inside of the case :p

I don't have any picture of it, but I use the M1A1 Thompson primarily due to its rate of fire and stopping power. I don't care about the range; I'm more of a close quarters combatant

Second, I take the .45 M1911A1 because...it uses the same round as the Thompson. Ease myself as I only have to take one type of ammunition :p

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 1:56

well, back when I had guns listed there... I had the M4 because it's what I get issued at work (my rifle of choice would actually be the TEI M89SR, pass-throughs and structural damage be damned), and my secondary was a GLOCK 36, cause it's reliable, concealable, comfortable for concealed carry, and a .45... I also listed 'various knives', because I usually carry two or three, and have a somewhat ridiculous collection of 'em.
as for the 6K and the 5-ton wrecker, well... I use 'em a lot, and it wouldn't be hard to kill someone with either.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 2:55

Panzer IV wrote:In reality, it is very VERY difficult to try fitting a submachinegun inside a violin case unless you modified the inside of the case :p

I don't have any picture of it, but I use the M1A1 Thompson primarily due to its rate of fire and stopping power. I don't care about the range; I'm more of a close quarters combatant

Second, I take the .45 M1911A1 because...it uses the same round as the Thompson. Ease myself as I only have to take one type of ammunition :p

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Suitcase_gun

I would go with the H&K5K but it has limited stopping power and as well as body armor penetration ... But I hear that there's a trigger on the suitcase handle...So you can shoot it from the suit case. If I went with the 5K I would be using the 9mm round, if I used the 9mm I would use the M9...Though Tommy in the violin case wouldn't be bad.

Last edited by Farbanti on Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 2:58; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 2:55

Reading through, I don't think I've ever put down any real weapons into that profile slot... Puzzled sweat

I tend to make light of everything.

But lately I've been looking at a Springfield XD if that adds any relevancy to my post. Razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 6:00

Sn1p3r W01f wrote:The second best argument is that it has possibly the coolest carry handle EVAR. Meaning it can be held on to when the rest of the weapon is still in its Amati instrument case.
You could but you have two small problems. First the optic kind of gives away the fact it's not the handle to a violin case. Second being that well, someones eventually going to recognize a G36 handle for what it is, thus negating the use of putting the weapon in a violin case...
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 7:05

FAMAS

At burst-fire mode i can snipe people with little problem with recoil.
at full automatic. i pawn your ass

design wise: unique= badass
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 10:01

rusty-spring wrote:But lately I've been looking at a Springfield XD if that adds any relevancy to my post. Razz
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Springfield_xd_tactical_5_inch
awesome weapon. If my brother didn't already own a few different models of it, I'd snap one up. (also, I'm the family GLOCK man)
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 16:04

This one got me intrigued, and wonder why others are not using it though like it's .45 counterpart- is made by everyone! Even Sig Arms makes the 1911 in both the .45 and in this version!!!

The Super 38 version of the 1911...
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Smith_170257

If there is no image, you can go here.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 17:06

My favorite weapons are:
1. B+T APR 308

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Bt_apr308-2

2. B+T MP9, submachine gun

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Bt_mp9_0

3. Sphinx 3000, 9 mm Parabellum, first gun.

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Sphinx_3000t

4. Walther PPS, 9 mm Parabellum, second gun.

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Walther_pps_1

You must have a second gun, when you will stay alive. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 19:40

Look close to the MP7
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 21:15

It's rather different actually, Emperor. The thing's smaller, easier to wield with one hand, and fires a more conventional round (9mm).
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 21:56

emperor wrote:

Look close to the MP7

Kinda looks like a clone of the Steyer TMP 9mm submachine gun also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 22:00

Unless I'm very much mistaken, the MP9's an upgraded TMP of sorts.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 23:25

Did someone say "minigun potato cannon?"

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Taterday6

No?...Dang...
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 9 Jul 2008 - 0:37

Rusty wrote:No?...Dang...
you did, and :iia:
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rshackleford Wed 9 Jul 2008 - 0:53

The MP9 isn't a clone of the TMP, it essentially is the TMP. Brugger and Thomet bought the rights and designs from Steyr and modified the weapon.
rshackleford
rshackleford

Male

Forum Posts : 85

Fan of : Leon the Professional

Registration date : 2008-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Jul 2008 - 7:11

rshackleford wrote:The MP9 isn't a clone of the TMP, it essentially is the TMP. Brugger and Thomet bought the rights and designs from Steyr and modified the weapon.

Wow, I never knew that. As it doesn't come along with the "Made in China" label I'm good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Jul 2008 - 10:41

AK-47 by Norinco are really good lately, but i like original from Izhevsk more Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by rshackleford Wed 9 Jul 2008 - 11:43

What's wrong with Chinese weapons? NORINCO has a history of making reliable and durable guns.
rshackleford
rshackleford

Male

Forum Posts : 85

Fan of : Leon the Professional

Registration date : 2008-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Wed 9 Jul 2008 - 13:10

rusty-spring wrote:Did someone say "minigun potato cannon?"

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Taterday6

No?...Dang...

YEAH!!! Very Happy Best ever gun? :iiams:
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 9 Jul 2008 - 20:24

rshackleford wrote:What's wrong with Chinese weapons? NORINCO has a history of making reliable and durable guns.
Norinco's new QBZ rifle ain't nothing to sneeze at. No sir.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Jul 2008 - 23:15

Nachtsider wrote:
rshackleford wrote:What's wrong with Chinese weapons? NORINCO has a history of making reliable and durable guns.
Norinco's new QBZ rifle ain't nothing to sneeze at. No sir.

[rant]@#$%![/rant]
Gesundheit?
I just have a dislike for Chinese weapons, guess you can call it a personal preference. Any pistol or rifle made from the USA, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, or Austria is fine with me.

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Thu 10 Jul 2008 - 23:37

Yo! Tone down that agro bro!

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Picture-3-7
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 4:14

Hmm. I'm going for this gun. But it rare. This gun is called M1911 Custom. It from Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4. So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) 1911custom

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 15:46

My experience with firearms is limited to playing Call of Duty, firing a BB gun, and a hands-on display where I handled a few unloaded US military weapons and used the training simulator for the FGM-148 Javelin missile launcher (apparently I can hit a Soviet-made BMP APC.... if it's not moving... and I have the element of surprise.)

But in the event of shit really hitting the fan, i.e. (insert country here) invades, alien invasion, zombie apocalypse etc,

M4 carbine/ M203 grenade launcher
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) M4andM203

For vehicles, FGM-148 Javelin missile launcher (pictured with yours truly)
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) FGM-148

For structures and zombie hordes, Mk 153 SMAW with thermobaric rockets.
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) SMAW
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by FearTheLASERFACE Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 16:12

For a primary, id probably take an AK-47 Kalashinikov with M203/GP-45, assuming I can't get my hands on the new M320 launcher.

CQB: Model 1887, or AA-12.

sidearm: M1911.45, Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum, M9, or Colt Cobra .38 Special for concealed carry. Eh, screw it, I'll take all of them. Razz
FearTheLASERFACE
FearTheLASERFACE

Male

Forum Posts : 201

Original Characters : Subject 2-Alpha, Serina, Sarah, James Antolini, Jack Vesputchi

Comments : Kalashnikov sounds so much more bad*** than AK-47

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 17:25

My own favorites:
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Sterling03
Sterling L2A3 mk. 4
Just cause of the awesome look.

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) 1287740858
Beretta M93R

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) M79-1
M79
Or
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Gl06-2
B+T GL-06
For some fast cleaning.

Emilie's Favorites:
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Bt_mp9_3
B+T MP9 with Silencer, tactical sight and red dot.
Just for some barrage firing during some missions.

So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) 1287829331
FN P90
Hey, she's a Belgian!!

Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 816

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 17:51

I picked out each of the weapons of my OC's for a certain reason.

Jay - "Versatility"
Beretta 93R - t's compact (the size of a handgun), has a high rate of fire (1100 round's a minute when firing in 3-round burst mode), and can use any 92 series magazine that he finds in addition to the 20 extended mag that it comes with and for mission in confined spaces it comes with a detachable stock so that he can use it as a replacement for Sub-machine guns.

H&K MG36 - I picked it out so that he would have a weapon that could either be used as a DMR or for suppression fire.

Simone: - Movie weapons and Specialized weapons.

Sako (Mosin-Nagant) M28-57 - It's a Finnish Mosin-Nagant clone that is chambered to the 7.62mm x 54mm (the same round used in Rico's Dragunov) as opposed to the Finnish variant 7.62mm x 53mm. Note this is similar to the rifle that Simo Hayha used during the 'winter war.'

Taurus Raging Bull - It's a .454 Casull revolver, granting her knockdown capability and stopping power. Note this is her defense gun.

A sawed-off Winchester 1887 lever-action shotgun clone - so that she could pull of 'stylish' Terminator 2 sling-cocking action...

AWC Amphibian II (Suppressed Ruger Mark II) - It's her mission piece. It fires a .22LR round that is effectively silenced allowing her to get close and shot someone even in a busy crowd.

Anzio-20 Mag-Fed - It's a Anti-material rifle that fires the 20mm Vulcan round. It is her 'big gun' and what she uses against hardened targets and targets several miles away. She typically has for it Armor-Piercing and High-explosive rounds.
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by FearTheLASERFACE Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 18:01

somewhat In depth

For a primary, id probably take an AK-47 Kalashinikov just because its simply awesome. I'd attach a M203 or GP-25 grenade launcher, assuming I can't get my hands on the new M320 launcher.

CQB: Model 1887 w/large loop cuz flip-cocking is awesome, or AA-12 because its a fully automatic shotgun, which obviously dominates in CQB.

sidearm: M1911.45 because its got a nice history, Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum for its power, M9 "just because", or Colt Cobra .38 Special for concealed carry.
FearTheLASERFACE
FearTheLASERFACE

Male

Forum Posts : 201

Original Characters : Subject 2-Alpha, Serina, Sarah, James Antolini, Jack Vesputchi

Comments : Kalashnikov sounds so much more bad*** than AK-47

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 18:03

MasterChiefSnake wrote:Hmm. I'm going for this gun. But it rare. This gun is called M1911 Custom. It from Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4. So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) 1911custom
How it is Rare? Besides it being a 'Game gun'. Hundreds, if not Thousands of them have been made AND parts for any 1911 will fit into that frame and slide.
Look it up if you dont believe me:
http://www.m1911.org/m1911dt.htm

You want to talk about rare; Fernando's American Arms Model 1981/84 16 round .45ACP 1911 variant is as rare as they can get. American Arms was sued out of existance in the mid 1980's by anti-gun lobbyists, and the remains of this particular gun was scooped up by the Government Agencies for their current stock. Perhaps less than 1000 units are left world wide. Only units that comes close are Rock Island Armory's Mil Spec High Cap 1911-A2, STI International and SVI-Infinity Firearms. No one else makes a 16 round 1911 in .45ACP. Fernando has 2 AA M1981/84s. Since they were sued out of exsitence before the Internet and the Government has control of most of them, it will be rare to find it on the internet.

American Arms made the Model 1981 and Model 1984 to be the Roll Royces of the 1911 series. They added other safety features that were not in style at the time in these and in Government made standard 1911s/1911As, and were 99% compatible with other 1911 (except for the M1981/84 because it used a wider frame). Their problem was that they made cheap knock offs of other guns, which also sold cheaply in the streets. They were sued for creating cheap street guns.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 20:51

Jacen Starslayer wrote:
Sako (Mosin-Nagant) M28-57 - It's a Finnish Mosin-Nagant clone that is chambered to the 7.62mm x 54mm (the same round used in Rico's Dragunov) as opposed to the Finnish variant 7.62mm x 53mm. Note this is similar to the rifle that Simo Hayha used during the 'winter war.'

So, does she use only iron sights like Hahya did (so he couldn't be spotted by the glare of a scope)?
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 21:17

I actually question a cyborg's need for a scope sometimes, given their enhanced eyesight.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 21:24

Nachtsider wrote:I actually question a cyborg's need for a scope sometimes, given their enhanced eyesight.

I still don't believe they have telescopic vision ala The Six Million Dollar Man, Henrietta in -IL TEATRINO- notwithstanding.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 21:41

schaschanist wrote:My own favorites:
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Sterling03
Sterling L2A3 mk. 4
Just cause of the awesome look.
Agreed. I originally gave one of these to Monty (though the suppressed version), but later dropped it from her weapons lineup as it wasn't really serving a purpose.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by WEBER Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 21:51

My all time favorite gun is and most likely always be the Browning M2HB.
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) BrowningM2
As well as its newer model, the M3, with twice the fire rate of the M2. Seeing as these aren't practicle for the foot soldier, I would also go with Kel Tec's new RFB.So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Keltec
As for the sidearm, they original 1911. So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) Colt-1911-1
And my EM weapon, Triela's good old SIG P230SL.
WEBER
WEBER

Forum Posts : 94

Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 21:24

SPARTAN 119 wrote:
Jacen Starslayer wrote:

So, does she use only iron sights like Hahya did (so he couldn't be spotted by the glare of a scope)?

Of course, that was the main reason it was picked. Only her Anzio has a scope, and she only uses that at ranges greater than a mile away.
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Wed 12 Jan 2011 - 0:24

By this point in "Light" I have both Jamie and Michael using anything they can get their hands on. Their primaries were definitely chosen for reason, though.

Jamie:
-M24A3 Sniper Weapons System: The A3 was chambered in 338 Lapua Magnum, for that extra long reach. The 338LM has a brutal recoil and was eventually (2009) replaced by the 300 Win Mag in the M24E1, which has 1K yard effective range (338LM rated out to 1200yards) and doesn't beat up the shooter. The A3 is often seen with a suppressor, but I never chose to use it in my story as all of her shots are more dramatics than surprise.
-H&K G36: Since Jamie was also occasionally going to be in an assault role, I chose the G36 since it would easily fit into a guitar case and are reliable as Hell.
-Walther PPS: Jamie's conceal piece, I chose it for it's small size (a must on an attractive young woman), and relatively large capacity for a sub-compact.
-Other Guns: Beretta M9, Springfield 1911 A1.

-Michael:
-Alexander Arms Ar-15 in .50 Beowulf: I wanted Michael to have a weapon that screams overkill, and nothing's better for that than a .50. "His" choice was for a rifle with material stopping and penetration power "just in case"...
-Smith & Wesson M&P 40 full-size: My personal favorite, a reliable and easy to handle 16 shots of 40-cal power. "None of this metric shit. If you want death in your hands, you make sure your gun has two numbers and at least one 4 in it."
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Wed 12 Jan 2011 - 0:50

I like the look of the classic AK even though I've sen some nice looking, newer
versions out there. I imagine my fan fiction older brother giving his younger charge a Kalashnikov 'cause it's cheap and is a sturdy design like the cyborg he trains.
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Fri 11 Feb 2011 - 12:28

AK-47 is good but it have a lot of recoil.Any versions

if i must choice gun in special missions(in house or some misson need mobility,hit and run or scout misson..v...v...) i I choose AR-15:Light,low recoil and have a high rate of fire.I never use a M4A1 so i don't know about it

sidearm i choose colt M1911. it a best handgun
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Forum Posts : 476

Fan of : Yu Aida

Original Characters : Phong Linh . Silvya SilverFox

Comments : I'm back

Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Fri 11 Feb 2011 - 20:30

Like Jacen, I have my reasons for picking out the weapons for my Primary Fratello, the McDonnells:

Allison

IWI CTAR-21 Tavor Compact carbine: Picked because I like the bullpup design, allowing for a longer effective range in a smaller package and its ability to use STANAG 30-round 5.56mm magazines, easing logistics for feeding the weapon's ammunition. However, I took the liberty of describing this weapon as slightly modified for Allison's tastes, eschewing the OEM MARS red dot and going for an EOTech holographic weapon sight, and instead of using regular M16-style magazines, I went with aftermarket MagPul PMAG polymer magazines which include a window to take a quick count of remaining ammunition. In addition, it is a weapon that will accept magazines from her partner's primary weapon should the need ever arise, and vice versa.

Kimber Custom TLE/RL II: This one had more simple justification-- any operator worth their salt with the funding to do so should have a pistol in .45ACP. As the Kimber is a modern, up-to-date copy of the 1911 Government design, it uses a platform so well-proven, that the design has remained essentially the same for a century. Her Kimber is her most trusted weapon, given the fact that it is compact enough and light enough to operate from a moving vehicle while she is driving, and it is powerful enough to bring down what she hits with it. It is also capable of suppressed operation without a change in the powder load of the ammunition, as the .45ACP is a subsonic round. Its slim, single-stack design also makes it more comfortable and practical to carry concealed. In addition, the plethora of aftermarket parts available include the LaserMax guide rod laser sight, which replaces the return spring guide rod and provides a laser sight without altering the profile of the weapon. Like her Tavor, her Kimber accepts the same ammunition and magazines as her partner's sidearm should the need to share ammunition arise.

Brian

Heckler & Koch HK416 10.5 inch carbine: Chambered in 5.56mmx45 NATO, the HK416 is an improvement on the Colt M4A1 design in that it uses a short-stroke gas piston system like the one found in the G36 to operate and cycle the weapon rather than the direct-impingement gas system traditionally found in M4's and M16 rifles, which have problems in muddier and dustier environments that cause reliability problems in the weapon's operation due to their tendency to foul not only with the introduction of environmental contaminants, but also the carbon buildup from propellant gases that directly operate the cycling mechanism. In addition, Brian, being a former SAS member, can appreciate that the HK416 already comes with a monolithic upper rail and three other accessory rails designed to mount optics and other accessories that will allow him to customize his weapon for each mission. Like Allison's Tavor, the HK416 feeds from 30-round STANAG magazines, and so can also accept MagPul PMAGs should the need arise.

Kimber Stainless II: Essentially the same weapon as Allison's Custom TLE/RL II, except that it lacks the rail for attaching weapon lights or Laser Aiming Modules. It also bears a stainless-steel finish, which is more resistant to corrosion.
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkstar117 Sun 27 Feb 2011 - 14:50

Either one of these.
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) DSC02767e

Another wife at the range picture. She does love the SCAR.
So...You kill with what gun now? (Your Favorite weapons) ViewFile
Darkstar117
Darkstar117

Male

Forum Posts : 72

Comments : King of Golf Ramp, Kandahar Airbase, Afghanistan.

Registration date : 2010-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Sun 27 Feb 2011 - 16:17

you have TWO of these things? Wow... how much did they run you, and are they the civilian semi-auto versions?
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sun 27 Feb 2011 - 16:44

My weapon choices ...easy.

The Mossberg 590A1 is basically the swiss army knife of shotguns. Not only can it be outfitted with a pistol grip, adjustable stock, and bayonet; I have also seen urban examples with stock-less pistol handles, pistol grip pumps, drum magazines, and door breaches to boot. Also not to mention the versatility of the 12-gauge cartridge. Personally, I prefer slugs.

The MP5K-N is another versatile weapon in a very nice compact design rivaling most pistols. Selective-fire capability, a 9mm 32-round magazine, and a threaded barrel to accommodate most suppressors. A solid weapon whenever stealth is required over brute force as well as a suppression weapon keeping my opponents pinned down as I reload my shotty.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkstar117 Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 13:32

MP5 wrote:you have TWO of these things? Wow... how much did they run you, and are they the civilian semi-auto versions?

Yeah, I ended up with two of them. They are FN SCAR 16S', so they are the semi-auto version. I got them on sale at a local gun store for ~$2K/ea, which was $350 lower than usual. Had to do something with the money I saved on my last deployment.

One of these days, I'm gonna get the camera back out and do another photo review of them.
Darkstar117
Darkstar117

Male

Forum Posts : 72

Comments : King of Golf Ramp, Kandahar Airbase, Afghanistan.

Registration date : 2010-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next