Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Properly Scare a Gunslinger Girl

+25
SPARTAN 119
Triela Hilshire
Plaxy
MP5
Jacen Starslayer
Kiskaloo
boomer_gonz
Robert Frazer
Alfisti
FearTheLASERFACE
Professor Voodoo
zarien85
Ggultra2764
Sheo Darren
Awinnell
Sakura
emperor
Nachtsider
West Nile
Danjo3
KodokuRyuu
LoC978
ElfenMagix
Wileama
sasahara17
29 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How to Properly Scare a Gunslinger Girl - Page 5 Empty Re: How to Properly Scare a Gunslinger Girl

Post by Alfisti Sat 4 Sep 2010 - 22:19

Robert Frazer wrote:A cyborg might have an odious personality, but in battle at least she should be superior. Having a cyborg suddenly aim five feet to left of everything if it happens to be a Wednesday defeats the point of a $200M superhuman - it'd be like designing a tank with all of the crew positions on the outside of the hull.
Well the Italians already manage to make cars that randomly catch fire if it's full moon on a wet sunday (there's a reason I keep a fire-extinguisher bolted into the passenger footwell) so... How to Properly Scare a Gunslinger Girl - Page 5 Icon_razz

I think in terms of the cyborgs' combat abilities, strengths and flaws, we tend to measure them in relation to other cyborgs (yes, there's always going to be stand-out humans, like Pino, but I'm talking generalities). So even a cyborg who's only fair to middling at something is still pretty damn good by "regular" standards. More to the point though, while they have cybernetic, super solider bodies, encycolpedic knowledge of weapons and tactics and so on, their brains are still all squishy and biological, with all the pros and cons that brings (and to me at least, the idea that mentally they're still human is one of the cornerstones of the series). Because of that, yes there will always be those cyborgs who are generally better or generally poorer at things or are naturals at stuff. No-one's good at everything though, and in the case of the cyborgs I think a lot of that falls to training. An encyclopedic knowledge of firearms will tell you where the safety is and which end to hold but it won't make you good with a particular weapon without practice. It won't garner those little instinctive reflex actions that make you an expert with something. In the same manner you can know everything there is to know about cars, but that won't make you a good driver without practice. Or a good writer without sitting down and actually hashing out some words.

Take Monty for example: her strengths lie in intelligence, espionage, stealth and various forms of crime. Basically the stuff that she does day to day and she's damn good at them. However if you dropped her onto the room-clearing exercise or into a firefight then she's going to be pretty average (by cyborg standards). Same goes for firearms training, while she's deadly accurate with the PPK Monty lacks the wide firearms familiarity that the other girls seem to have. Again it's by virtue of not having a chance to train.

And then of course there's her social issues.

The flip side of the coin is that, if you know what your strengths are you can play to them. So in the limited time that Monty's back at the SWA and can get in some range time she'll concentrate on keeping up to standard with her PPK (maybe put a mag or two through a Skorpion or AK47... the things she encounters on a more regular basis) rather than trying to become an expert on everything. It simply suits her role better.

One day this'll of course probably come back to bite her in the arse.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

How to Properly Scare a Gunslinger Girl - Page 5 Empty Re: How to Properly Scare a Gunslinger Girl

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 4 Sep 2010 - 22:29

Kara is average with a weapon (I assume Triela is the ace), which is why she uses a modular system like the HK XM8 as it helps reinforce her familiarity.

Same with driving. She's helped in no small part by having an exotic car with exotic performance at her command.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 4 Sep 2010 - 23:44

In agreeing with Alfisti, This is why I keep my little team limited. Types of hand guns- 1 (1911 series) for most, 2 for Fernando and Rachel (1911 and the .32NAA). Long arms? None for most, only Rachel and Fernando trained on them but Fernando does not expect to use them as he stated tot he SWA that he would not be doing sniping missions nor would anyone else in his team. Martial Arts varies. Fernando knows 4 styles and is a black belt in 2, and knows several styles of sword fighting. Along with Gymnastics, he mixes them into his own style of fighting. Rachel knows what her father taught her- basic Karate and judo moves with emphasis on killing and crippling blows (same stuff used in anti-rape defense courses). She also mixes gymnastics with her moves as well. Juanita knows basic Judo and Karate from what the agency and Fernando has taught her but nothing more and she is not a fighter. Francesca- who knows what Felix taught her. But its advanced more than just ripping off limbs and beating in heads with the limb as a club.

All their styles are very different but they mesh together nicely. Rachel is not a room clearer but that's basically her style, run in and pick off targets. Fernando tends to be similar since he learned in the streets of NYC to shoot first and ask questions never. Juanita will (usually) hide behind Fernando (or some other large object) and shoot at anything that moves. Francesca was taught to charge in and shoot at what she can pick off, which is why she got hit in UN Resolution. Fernando & Juanita are basically in intelligence, espionage and infiltration agents; and have been caught with their pants down on missions because of bad intell on the agency part. Though Francesca was trained in espionage and infiltration, she never used those skills until recently, and she was taught long ago by Felix. Rachel is not trained, and thus remains silently at Fernando's side until he tells her to go and kill.

Out of all the girls out there, Francesca was one of the first to live her fear of losing her handler on a mission. In fact she had front row tickets in Section C for it. With repressed memories and bringing them out, Francesca now understands that in the circumstances of her Handler's murder, there was nothing she could have done and she is lucky to be alive herself. If the bullet would have been off 6 inches to the left, it would have been Francesca that would have gotten the bullet in the back of the head and not Felix.

Felix was an interesting character. Similar to Fernando but some 15 years older and some 10 years in the past. He does not have the luck or genetic quirks Fernando has and lastly, was on the verge of burnout from his Spanish Agency denial of doing whats right. Though the SWA had sparked his interest, he was getting bored with the job of supervising others, esp. Jean who he kept butting heads with. His relationship was probably the only saving grace he had for the SWA. he did his best in training Francesca but was leery of what the SWA Med Techs were dong to her. In the least, they made an interesting team.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 1:08

Jacen Starslayer wrote:
Jay: I'd still rather have a burger and fries.
I imagine that whenever Fernando & his merry band is "home" at the compound on Fridays he makes a tradition of lighting up the charcoal pit and grilling for lunch...something the rest of Sectio 2 looks forward to.

Jay: (watching Fernando work with wide eyes) Master...teach me your secrets...

Fernando: Aww Jay...come on man...don't I have a big enough entourage already? I can't take on one more student!

Rico: (holding her plate) Two more Mr. G...I come with him!
Robert Frazer wrote:This isn't Starcraft, there aren't going to be legions of powergamers filling forums with abuse about the balance and demanding a Blue Response.
Well, that was confusing, but I think I get the idea (I fail at videogame lingo). Writers are certainly under no obligation to provide X number of strengths and X number of weaknesses to make their character believeable, but at the same time relevant foibles make for an interesting story, and provide obstacles for a character to overcome as he or she develops.
You've already done a good job of this with both Avise & Agapita, proven by the fact that plenty of readers eagerly wait to see where the next step in their personal journey's will take them.
Having a cyborg suddenly aim five feet to left of everything if it happens to be a Wednesday defeats the point of a $200M superhuman
That seems a rather arbitrary weakness (yes, I understand you're going for hyperbole) but if a writer can concoct a relevant reason why the cyborg begins losing her aim I'd accept it.

Funny how your cost estimates for a brand-new cyborg keep creeping up...100 million in Lamb & Tyger...158 million for Agapita in Occupational Hazards...now 200 million? No wonder the SWA can't get new toner cartriges for the fax machine!

Alfisti wrote:Take Monty for example:... while she's deadly accurate with the PPK Monty lacks the wide firearms familiarity that the other girls seem to have.
Kiskaloo wrote:Kara is average with a weapon (I assume Triela is the ace), which is why she uses a modular system like the HK XM8 as it helps reinforce her familiarity.
ElfenMagix wrote:I keep my little team limited. Types of hand guns- 1 (1911 series) for most, 2 for Fernando and Rachel (1911 and the .32NAA). Long arms? None for most, only Rachel and Fernando trained on them
While for some exotic firearms are a principle draw of GsG it seems to me that the amount of weaponry detail in a given story is directly proportional to the author's interest in the subject.

I fall into the group that doesn't tend to include much detail about armament...I'll mention something if it appears in canon, or in the OC works of an author whose character I'm borrowing, but as far as my own fratello goes; they carry what's convenient.

Elio gave Marisa a Beretta 92 because the armoury had stacks of them available, and when he had to replace his own side-arm he just grabbed another one for himself. As long as it's reliable, easy to get ammo for and shoots reasonably straight my two OC's really don't care what they use.

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3428

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 2:24

I think weaknesses that impact a cyborgs work performance are much more interesting then those that only make an appearance during their off time. It makes the character more believable and relatable. Take Triela for example. When it comes to CQB, she’s the best there is, yet her over confidence caused her to get her ass kicked twice (and almost killed). It’s Triela’s flaws, more then anything else, that endear her to the fandom. Let’s face it; it’s hard to relate to little miss super-cyborg who’s only hang up is having to sleep with a night light. Bottom line – it’s extremely difficult for a reader to care about a Mary Sue. It’s like cheering on a runner in a one man race. You know he’s going to win from the very start, so what’s the point?

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Forum Posts : 2609

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 7:58

Professor Voodoo wrote:While for some exotic firearms are a principle draw of GsG it seems to me that the amount of weaponry detail in a given story is directly proportional to the author's interest in the subject.

I fall into the group that doesn't tend to include much detail about armament...I'll mention something if it appears in canon, or in the OC works of an author whose character I'm borrowing, but as far as my own fratello goes; they carry what's convenient.

Elio gave Marisa a Beretta 92 because the armoury had stacks of them available, and when he had to replace his own side-arm he just grabbed another one for himself. As long as it's reliable, easy to get ammo for and shoots reasonably straight my two OC's really don't care what they use.
I was under the impression that Mari kinda liked the 92 because it was large and loud...

I used to be big into guns (MP5 can probably attest to this), but not so much anymore. My own interest as of now I'd best describe as "passing": I look up and learn things out of curiosity, but at the end of the day I don't really care. My major reason for investigating weapons now is from a character building standpoint; what does this gun (and how the owner uses it and interacts with it) say about the character. It's the same philosophy I apply to clothes, cars, watches and so on.

Which also gives the exception to the rule: I will geek about weapons my characters use. I did a lot of reading before settleing on Monty's PPK, and then my immediate reaction after settling on it was to go and attemt to learn everything there is to know about PPKs (short of actually getting one to play with... thanks Australian gun laws). That in part stems from doing comics rather than writing. I can't write "she drew her pistol and flicked off the safety". I actually need to be able to show, with resonable accuracy, how the safety is operated.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 11:04

Professor Voodoo wrote:While for some exotic firearms are a principle draw of GsG it seems to me that the amount of weaponry detail in a given story is directly proportional to the author's interest in the subject.

Strangely, the weapons used by my OCs are the same weapons I have used at one time or another, excluding the number of revolvers and other weapons I do not list. In short, I kept the number of weapons down to a minimum. I also kept the most reliable and abundant around, with the exception of the .32NAA which is more of an exotic pocket gun rather than a standard.

Ammo is another issue to deal with. I basically took the Duex Ex Machina route with Leon sending Fernando the special ammo the .32NAA uses and anything else Fernando's team needs.

ElfenMagix

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 12:02

Professor Voodoo wrote:Elio gave Marisa a Beretta 92 because the armoury had stacks of them available, and when he had to replace his own side-arm he just grabbed another one for himself. As long as it's reliable, easy to get ammo for and shoots reasonably straight my two OC's really don't care what they use.
A man after my own heart.

What’s this? I’m getting a vision. I see… an Elio and Marisa guest appearance. How to Properly Scare a Gunslinger Girl - Page 5 684325

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 19:34

Alfisti wrote:I was under the impression that Mari kinda liked the 92 because it was large and loud...
You have a point...given her personality she might have loved a .50 caliber Israeli hand-cannon even more, but the 92 is what her handler gave her on "wake-up day" so she's attached to it, a trait I see in all the girls.

That said, she still considers a hand-to-hand victory worth 3 firearm kills.

That in part stems from doing comics rather than writing. I can't write "she drew her pistol and flicked off the safety". I actually need to be able to show, with resonable accuracy, how the safety is operated.
An attention to detail we all appreciate. If you draw the weapons half as accurately as you did that dive helmet you have achieved epic win.

ElfenMagix wrote:Strangely, the weapons used by my OCs are the same weapons I have used at one time or another,
That's not strange at all. More than any other author here you draw from your own life and real people you know. There's something to be said for personal experience.

Danjo3 wrote:I see… an Elio and Marisa guest appearance.
Be my guest...as I said on Elfen's wiki I consider them "public property." I've even intergrated elements other writers have attributed to them into my own tales.

Elio: Voodoo what the bloody hell are you doing!? I don't want Marisa learning about the kind of things Britney does!

Marisa: What kind of things?

Professor Voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 20:31

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Danjo3 wrote:I see… an Elio and Marisa guest appearance.
Be my guest...as I said on Elfen's wiki I consider them "public property." I've even intergrated elements other writers have attributed to them into my own tales.

Elio: Voodoo what the bloody hell are you doing!? I don't want Marisa learning about the kind of things Britney does!

Marisa: What kind of things?
*Rachel drops off a Victoria Secrets Catalog on Marisa's bed*

1/2 hour later, Marisa returns to her room after scuba practice in the agency pool. She picks up the catalog and reads it.

Marisa: Who is Victoria and what is her secret?
Cyborgs within hearing range in their rooms: Read The Catalog!!!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 21:25

Going off on a bit of a tangent here, but Elfen's post reminds me of what is perhaps my favourite political anecdote. I often use it as a signature on other internet forums.

Sir Alan Lascelles was a courtier who held a variety of posts in the first half of the twentieth century and was George VI's and Elizabeth II's Private Secretary. His journals were published a couple of years ago, and in it I found this absolute gem:

"There was a young clerk who reacted strongly to one of Curzon's memoranda. He thought that it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, "Round Objects". Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"

It's an impeccablly wry observation, doubly so because while the event is clear, the meaning is not. Is Sir Alan, by recording this, criticising Curzon for his stuffy inarticulateness and myopic inability to understand an implicit remark - or, by contrast, is he smiling with Curzon as the Viceroy wittily responds in kind and takes a novice to task for not being able to voice his concerns, schooling him in communication?
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Mon 6 Sep 2010 - 1:17

Professor Voodoo wrote:Elio: Voodoo what the bloody hell are you doing!? I don't want Marisa learning about the kind of things Britney does!

Britney: Alright Marisa, the last part of the employment process is an interview with Amadeo.

Marisa: It won’t take too long will it? I’m starting a new chapter this afternoon.

Britney: Nah, just two, maybe three hours.

Marisa: Wow! It must be really intense.

Britney: (under her breath) You have no idea…

Amadeo: Hi Marisa. Ready to get started?

Marisa: All set, and here’s my resume.

Amadeo: I don’t think we’ll be needing that.

Several hours later

Voodoo: Britney, have you seen Marisa? She’s holding up my whole damn story.

Britney: Yeah, she’s doing a casting call with Amadeo.

Voodoo: Oh okay, that’s cool, as long as it’s… WHAT THE F*CK!!!
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Mon 6 Sep 2010 - 2:15

Danjo3 wrote:
Professor Voodoo wrote:Elio: Voodoo what the bloody hell are you doing!? I don't want Marisa learning about the kind of things Britney does!

Britney: Alright Marisa, the last part of the employment process is an interview with Amadeo.

Marisa: It won’t take too long will it? I’m starting a new chapter this afternoon.

Britney: Nah, just two, maybe three hours.

Marisa: Wow! It must be really intense.

Britney: (under her breath) You have no idea…

Amadeo: Hi Marisa. Ready to get started?

Marisa: All set, and here’s my resume.

Amadeo: I don’t think we’ll be needing that.

Several hours later

Voodoo: Britney, have you seen Marisa? She’s holding up my whole damn story.

Britney: Yeah, she’s doing a casting call with Amadeo.

Voodoo: Oh okay, that’s cool, as long as it’s… WHAT THE F*CK!!!

LMAO! I get the feeling that Amadeo is in for some shit. LOL
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 6 Sep 2010 - 4:48

Professor Voodoo wrote:That said, she still considers a hand-to-hand victory worth 3 firearm kills.
Monty: Seriously, what is with the body count hangup? I still don't get it.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Mon 6 Sep 2010 - 6:13

Alfisti wrote: Monty: Seriously, what is with the body count hangup? I still don't get it.
What’s not to get? Psychotic cyborgs are fun.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Mon 6 Sep 2010 - 7:55

Alfisti wrote:Monty: Seriously, what is with the body count hangup? I still don't get it.

Well, what do points make?

How to Properly Scare a Gunslinger Girl - Page 5 Bruce_Forsyth

Prizes!
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 6 Sep 2010 - 9:35

Danjo3 wrote:
Alfisti wrote: Monty: Seriously, what is with the body count hangup? I still don't get it.
Henrietta (V2; Pasta Prince Story): But last month I killed ten people. That's probably more than Triela!

Rachel: Blame Henrietta, she's the one that started it.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 2:06

ElfenMagix wrote:
Danjo3 wrote:
Henrietta (V2; Pasta Prince Story): But last month I killed ten people. That's probably more than Triela!
I don’t have a problem with them keeping a tally of their kills. That’s pretty much just a way of gauging their work performance. But when you get in to behavior like trophy collecting, well then we’re talking about a cyborg who’s not quite right in the head. That’s some Jeffrey Dahmer shit there. Time to send them in for a complete brain overhaul.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 2:42

Danjo3 wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:
Danjo3 wrote:
I don’t have a problem with them keeping a tally of their kills. That’s pretty much just a way of gauging their work performance. But when you get in to behavior like trophy collecting, well then we’re talking about a cyborg who’s not quite right in the head. That’s some Jeffrey Dahmer shit there. Time to send them in for a complete brain overhaul.
Oh neither do I, however I don't think it's something Monty would be impressed by (like, even less than usual)...

Monty: It's just so... crass. Taking professional pride in a job well done sure, but keeping a tally?

Of course, another factor could be that I imagine Monty's body count is, by the nature of her work, lower than average.

Monty: And what about the SPECTRE base we cleared out the other month?

Alfisti: That's not becoming part of your continuity till I've had a good long think about it.

Marisa: Besides, they weren't Padanians or Mafia, they don't count.

Monty: Speaking of people who could use a brain overhaul.

Marisa: Hey! I keep count but I don't have trophies!

Elio: Only because I don't let you.

Marisa: But the finger was really COOL.

Last edited by Alfisti on Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 10:24; edited 1 time in total
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 8:40

And what does little Britney think?

Britney: I think it’s the most disgusting thing I’ve ever heard of! Granted I’ve never killed anyone, but if I ever did, I wouldn’t be grabbing any take out. And considering Biff tends to leave our marks in pieces anyway, it would be easy to throw a little in a doggy bag, but god damn…

Biff: Brit, once I’m finished with one of our marks, I usually spend the next 15 minutes holding your hair while you throw up.

Britney: It was just the one time, and that was your fault for going all psychopath.

Biff: What do you mean?

Britney: When you squashed that guy’s head, a piece of brain flew into my mouth. God, just thinking about it makes me want to hurl again.

Biff: Hey, I didn’t like the way he was looking at you.

Britney: Oh, so you thought it was preferable to splatter his brains all over me? Do you know it’s impossible to get brain juice out of cashmere?

Biff: I’ve warned you not to stand so close.

Britney: Biff, I’ve tried standing in the next room and I still end up dodging body parts. And you wonder why I’m always buying new clothes…
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 12:45

Alfisti wrote:Marisa: Hey! I keep count but I don't have trophies!

Marisa: But the finger was really COOL.

Michele (sotto voice): "I've seen that little lady come back from a mission and she always has bits and pieces of her mark all over her clothes. I'm kind of surprised Elio hasn't taken to adding ScotchGuard to the rinse cycle..."

Clayland (also sotto voice): "Says the man who has a box of Pecard leather care products shipped over from Wisconsin once a month to keep Kara's and Claes' boots, shoes, jackets and gloves presentable after their missions."
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 16:02

What does Jay think about the concept of Trophies?

Jay: Well...my first set of throwing knives came from the assassin, Pinocchio. I never got the pleasure of facing him but the idea of using objects as a distraction allowed me to 'almost' a hit on Alpha-sensei. And that stiletto over there was from my first mission and this bowie knife here...I'm not sure where I got it nor that Thor M9 Resolver or that Taurus PT24/7. I think that they were given to me by a girl...Oh well.

Priscilla: It happens Jay, she must not meant much to you.

Jay: Somehow, I get the feeling that I respected her but we were on opposing sides in the end.
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 16:04

Alfisti wrote:Monty: Speaking of people who could use a brain overhaul.

Marisa: Hey! I keep count but I don't have trophies!

Marisa: There were those human teeth necklaces during the Great Section II Panty Raid, but that's a secret so nobody tell Elio...please?
Danjo3 wrote:
And you wonder why I’m always buying new clothes…
Elio: Biff, mate...have you considered shopping at discount stores for her mission clothes? You two go to the United States often enough, are you familiar with Wal-Mart?

Britney: Ewww! That's even worse than getting brains in my mouth!
Michele (sotto voice): "I've seen that little lady come back from a mission and she always has bits and pieces of her mark all over her clothes. I'm kind of surprised Elio hasn't taken to adding ScotchGuard to the rinse cycle..."

Clayland (also sotto voice): "Says the man who has a box of Pecard leather care products shipped over from Wisconsin once a month to keep Kara's and Claes' boots, shoes, jackets and gloves presentable after their missions."
Yes, ScotchGuard has been a part of Elio's shopping list since the very beginning. Even when she's not on a mission Mari is a bit hard on her clothing.

But didn't both Kara & Noel both ruin very expensive outfits on their respective first missions?
JacenStarslayer wrote:Priscilla: It happens Jay, she must not meant much to you.
It's natural for the cyborgs to get jealous & aggressive around other woman, but is it rubbing off on Priscilla?
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 17:42

V10 (V11?), when the girls were cleaning out Angie's room, they discovered that she kept a cache of trophies from mission, from weapons to who knows what they she picked up, and even a few medals (that I remember, I might be wrong; but I guess maybe Marco gave them to her). So in that, I wold gather that a few girls would keep trophies, just like the girl-boys keep trophies of their panty raids!

Rachel (Showing off 1911 that she keeps under her pillow, like her 'dad'): Shit... No one is going to make a trophy out of my panties. They all belong to daddy... since he bought them for me with his own money. It not like I get an allowance! Stop looking at me like that!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 21:39

Professor Voodoo wrote:But didn't both Kara & Noel both ruin very expensive outfits on their respective first missions?

Noël did indeed in Once Again. And since that sequence was also in the Pactio re-image, so did Kara.

In Kara's "original" first mission - Christenings - she was dressed casually and probably had some spatter and definite GSR since all of her kills were at very close range.

ElfenMagix wrote:V10 (V11?), when the girls were cleaning out Angie's room, they discovered that she kept a cache of trophies from mission, from weapons to who knows what they she picked up, and even a few medals (that I remember, I might be wrong; but I guess maybe Marco gave them to her).

Triela, Henrietta and Rico clean her room at the end of Volume 9, but all they show is clothes, bedding, a wall calendar of dogs and a decorative box.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 2:18; edited 2 times in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 2:26

ElfenMagix wrote:Rachel: Shit... No one is going to make a trophy out of my panties.
Stefano: I really hate to see anyone left out, so I’ll take a pair from ya. But if it’s alright, I’d kind of like to get them at the end of the day, if you know what I mean.

Rachel: Why don’t you run on back to Disney and harass Selena Gomez?
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 6:45

Allison: The only trophies I've ever collected were dream cars taken from a target. I actually had the pleasure of owning a Lamborghini for a little while, and I really wish I'd driven it more often. I made the mistake of bringing it out on a mission, and it later got blown to bits by an RPG... (she wipes a tear that streaked from her eye) God, I miss that car... Anyway, such trophies are rare and hard to come by, and that's pretty much the main reason I only have three main cars that I do drive.

Kara: But you've got 'Sonia' and 'Catherine' now, don't you? And that '66 Corvette which Alpha gave to you as a sort of birthday present? I haven't seen any of those since you brought them here. Where are they?

Allison: Locked up in an off-site storage garage. No way in hell am I risking them being victims of one of Marisa's many 'accidents'. And at least, if anything happens to the three cars I *do* have here, Q-branch already knows what to do with them.

Marisa: Are you still sore about the Delta? That was ages ago, Allison, give me a break!

MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 14:38

Jay: [pulls out notepad and starts to write] Note to self, set up booby traps in room as a method to prevent Marisa from entering...
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 16:43

Rachel: What if said booby trap catches Allison entering the room?
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 17:02

Jay: Then I'll have to free her from the carbon-fiber net.
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 20:36

Jacen Starslayer wrote:Jay: Then I'll have to free her from the carbon-fiber net.
Monty: Kinky... Though I don't think "freeing the princess" type heroics count if you caused the problem in the first place.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 22:02

Jay: Fine then how would you keep Marisa out of your things?
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 22:16

Allison: Uh Jay, she's barely ever here. All Marisa would ever find is paper. Lots and lots of paper. And also, Mont--Monique is right. freeing me from a net won't get you closer to second base if you set the net up in the first place.
MP5
MP5

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 22:58

Rachel: If it were me, Jay would be faced with my knee to his groin once he got me out of his trap.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 23:02

Jay: ...Fine, I won't booby-trap my room...
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 23:29

Rachel: Good girl-boy cyborg. Now go ask Cleas for a doughnut or what ever pastry she might have. Best to ask her around 2pm...

*2pm Jay ask Cleas for some pastry as Rachel explained.

Cleas: RACHEL! STOP SENDING THESE BOYS INTO MY ROOM DURING TEA AND CAKE TIME!!!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 23:47

Jay: But I like tea and cake...
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Fri 10 Sep 2010 - 2:07

Jean: Now you know why we're thinking about transferring all the Girl-boys to the ‘Spare Parts’ division.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 10 Sep 2010 - 8:30

MP5 wrote:Allison: Uh Jay, she's barely ever here. All Marisa would ever find is paper. Lots and lots of paper.

Jacen Starslayer wrote:Jay: Fine then how would you keep Marisa out of your things?
Monty: Your issue not mine, 'cause McDonnell's got it: if at all possible I try to keep at least two sets of national borders between Marisa and myself.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 3:28

Alfisti wrote:
MP5 wrote:Allison: Uh Jay, she's barely ever here. All Marisa would ever find is paper. Lots and lots of paper.

Jacen Starslayer wrote:Jay: Fine then how would you keep Marisa out of your things?
Monty: Your issue not mine, 'cause McDonnell's got it: if at all possible I try to keep at least two sets of national borders between Marisa and myself.

Marisa: (in an offended huff) Hrrumph! You all act as if I've got nothing better to do than mess around with all Jay's broken radios and electronic junk or Allison's toy car collection! I do have about a bazillion euro's woth of dive equipment I have to keep cleaned and maintained remember!

Allison: They're not toys! They're highly detailed collectible models!

Marisa: Whatever...Petra's told us all about how you run them around on your shelf and make engine sounds when you think nobody is watching.

Allison: (grumbling) At least I don't sleep with a stuffed shark...
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 9:53

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Allison: (grumbling) At least I don't sleep with a stuffed shark...

Kara: (looking to her own huge Collie plushie on her bed) "What's wrong with that?" Puzzled
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 10:10

Marisa: But you do sleep with that Speedy Gonzales Plushie that Jay won for you in America, right?

Allison: (blushing furiously) H-how the hell do you know that?!

Marisa: Petra, duh!

Allison: Ugh, that gossipy bitch!
MP5
MP5

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 18:56

Danjo3 wrote:But when you get in to behavior like trophy collecting, well then we’re talking about a cyborg who’s not quite right in the head. That’s some Jeffrey Dahmer shit there. Time to send them in for a complete brain overhaul.

Alpha: Well as Caligula said, "To the victor go the spoils." Right Liesel?

Liesel: Hush you!

Evil

ElfenMagix wrote:Rachel: Good girl-boy cyborg. Now go ask Cleas for a doughnut or what ever pastry she might have. Best to ask her around 2pm...

*2pm Jay ask Cleas for some pastry as Rachel explained.

Cleas: RACHEL! STOP SENDING THESE BOYS INTO MY ROOM DURING TEA AND CAKE TIME!!!

Rachel: But you invite Alpha for tea and cake time whenever he's around.

Claes:That's because I like to watch Triela fidget whenever he's around.

Triela: How to Properly Scare a Gunslinger Girl - Page 5 155674
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Wed 15 Sep 2010 - 2:47

Jay: But I'm different from those other guys, I'm actually useful and not a pervert.
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zarien85 Wed 15 Sep 2010 - 19:04

nice

zarien85

Male

Forum Posts : 113

Fan of : all of them

Original Characters : Cat Jade

Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaxy Fri 24 Sep 2010 - 10:46

Curious How would Triela react to a ghost of Pinnochio haunting her.
Plaxy
Plaxy

Male

Forum Posts : 83

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Soliel(so-lè)

Comments : I've only killed 4....I killed 10 enemies last month... please doctor don't take me off duty.

Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 24 Sep 2010 - 11:02

She'd say "I ain't afraid of no ghost" and kick his ass with silver knuckledusters or summat. Because Triela is just that awesome.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 24 Sep 2010 - 11:07

Nachtsider wrote:She'd say "I ain't afraid of no ghost" and kick his ass with silver knuckledusters or summat. Because Triela is just that awesome.
Who you gonna call?
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Fri 24 Sep 2010 - 11:21

Plaxy wrote:Curious How would Triela react to a ghost of Pinnochio haunting her.
In a non-literal sense; he already is.
How to Properly Scare a Gunslinger Girl - Page 5 Captur16

How to Properly Scare a Gunslinger Girl - Page 5 Captur17
(see Chapter 50)
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 24 Sep 2010 - 12:55

Alfisti wrote:Who you gonna call?

Not Noël. NO
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 24 Sep 2010 - 17:14

Haunted by Pino? Perhaps. Scared by it? No.
Enuff Said!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Hilshire Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 8:40

Two words:
Pop quiz!
Triela Hilshire
Triela Hilshire

Female

Forum Posts : 150

Fan of : Triela, Henrietta, Rico, Beatrice, Angelica, and... Claes.

Original Characters : Karin Hilshire

Comments : Karin Hilshire, WoD character based off of Triela from Gunslinger Girl.

Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 2:14

I might have posted this already, it's been a while, but if the Padanians managed to equip all of their terrorists with cybernetic enhancements that make them ten times as strong as an SWA cyborg, I think that would be pretty effective at making the girls learn the meaning of fear.

Except for Triela. She would just find out what their weakness is (because there's always a weakness) and exploit it to her advantage.
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 2:26

Triela would just continue to rape face like she usually does. Henrietta would go all uber-berseker-style on them, screaming "MY LOVE FOR GIUSE IS LIKE A TRUCK!" as she leaps in, shooting dual-P90s. Rico would be busting caps all John Woo-style, with flights of white pigeons exploding up behind her as she did so in slow-motion, MG3 being hip-fired because that's how Rico rolls, dammit. Priscilla would trip and fall, and have them going all "D'AAAAAW!!!" ... right before Henrietta, Rico and Triela just totally own them.

Claes would read a book about shoes. Because even if they were augmented, Claes would not give a good God-Damn about Padanians.

Coming soon: Gunslinger Girl: FLASH
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 3:22

Officer_Charon wrote:Coming soon: Gunslinger Girl: FLASH
I sure hope it wont end up like Dirty Pair Flash! Yeesh!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sat 18 Dec 2010 - 19:09

Well what I can see happening to scare each girl based on personality and how they react to things happening randomly IE: 'Etta's camera being stolen and her nearly ripping the thief apart with her bare hands.

So...

Angelica - Dyeing and Marco going far more then just knocking her down. (IE: Hitting and other things. I recall in her debute episode Marco knocked her to the ground.)

I think just sealing her in a glass coffin (with air tanks.) And dropping her in a sink hole would scare her enough.

Henrietta - Jose being killed or hurt in any form. Becoming like Elsa and killing herself and Jose.

Knocking her and Jose out (make sure Jose is knocked out for the count), cover her face in fake blood do the same to Jose and when she wakes up she'll think she did it and tried to do the same to herself.

Triela - I don't know why but I can see Triela being afraid of zombies, and watching the grounds at night for hours with a gun ready incase.

Replace real gun with realistic fake and have everyone else dress as Zombies and run around the grounds yelling BRAINS and then shooting red paintballs at her window. Wait for the 'I KNEW IT' And then terrified shriek at the fact her gun isn't real.

Then run like hell when she realizes your not a real zombie.

Claes - I can honestly see her afraid of heights.

Bungee jumping should do it nicely.

Rico - Sharks, great whites, hammerheads even tiny ones. It doesn't matter I think they would all manage to make Rico squeal run away or scream. Especially if she is afraid of water.

Just tied her down with extra strangth steel chains and ropes and sit her infront of all three JAWS movies, add in other B-movies such as Sharktopus and have her watch it for twenty four hours.

Release her and then ask all the girls if they want to see the new Shark exibit at an Aquarium. Make Rico required to go and see your movie induced conditioning blossom with her twitching and running for all exits.

Make her participate in the tide pool exibit at that.
Storm
Storm

Female

Forum Posts : 39

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : May/Alfred Fratello Aileen/Rodrigo Fratello and Alexander/Markus fratello.

Comments : I'm a ninja!

Registration date : 2010-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by zarien85 Sun 19 Dec 2010 - 20:50

ROTFL

zarien85

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Sun 19 Dec 2010 - 20:57

ElfenMagix wrote:
Officer_Charon wrote:Coming soon: Gunslinger Girl: FLASH
I sure hope it wont end up like Dirty Pair Flash! Yeesh!

That's the point! *grins* Rico's hair is changed to look like DP:F! Kei's, complete with dye-streak. Triela's masculine attire gets trimmed down to boy-shorts and a trimmed waistcoat, and she's apparently... "matured" somewhat. Henrietta has suddenly become proficient with knives, as well as the afore-mentioned l33t dual-wielding skillz (playing too much Call of Duty? *grins*). Claes manages to lose her glasses at least once an episode, with commensurate property damage and body count. Petra... is still Petra. With longer hair. And she can never keep her clothes on.
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by zarien85 Sun 19 Dec 2010 - 21:06

can't wait to see it or read it

zarien85

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next