Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleda Claes Johanson

+27
Tross
Schaschanist
overkill13
Pinakbet
galatia9
Trimutius
MadHatChemist
Alfisti
Professor Voodoo
Awinnell
DaGuyEvery1Knows
Robert Frazer
theprodigalson
maverick375
boomer_gonz
MikhailN
Kiskaloo
TTIO
Totoum
West Nile
Wileama
LoC978
Danjo3
sasahara17
ElfenMagix
Nachtsider
emperor
31 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Fleda  Claes  Johanson - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleda Claes Johanson

Post by Nachtsider Sat 20 Feb 2010 - 5:15

Which language version?

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sat 20 Feb 2010 - 9:00

its Klise in the English version

Last edited by Awinnell on Sat 20 Feb 2010 - 12:47; edited 1 time in total

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Forum Posts : 2131

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 20 Feb 2010 - 9:19

Ah, okay.

I pronounce it CLA-EEES. With the A as pronounced in 'after'.

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by DaGuyEvery1Knows Sat 20 Feb 2010 - 13:43

lol 'K. I saw her name could be a last name too, but I might be mistaken. I think that was slightly spelled differently.

DaGuyEvery1Knows

Forum Posts : 102

Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 3 Apr 2010 - 19:23

Triela: Claes, this is getting seriously ridiculous...you have to put some of these books in storage.

Fleda  Claes  Johanson - Page 4 Claes10

Claes: But...no! There's plenty of room for a few more!

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3428

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 3 Apr 2010 - 23:31

Something's telling me that Claes is a distant relative of Yomiko Readman...

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 2:27

Professor Voodoo wrote:Triela: Claes, this is getting seriously ridiculous...you have to put some of these books in storage.

Reminds me of studying for my advandement to candidacy oral exams...

MadHatChemist

Forum Posts : 441

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by DaGuyEvery1Knows Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 15:41

I love reading as much as she does, but after an hour and a half, I can't read another word. Hissy fit MeganeMoe

DaGuyEvery1Knows

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 19:17

DaGuyEvery1Knows wrote:I love reading as much as she does, but after an hour and a half, I can't read another word.
Haven't seen you around for a while 'Guy...how was the race in Fontana?

Professor Voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by DaGuyEvery1Knows Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 21:33

Professor Voodoo wrote:
DaGuyEvery1Knows wrote:I love reading as much as she does, but after an hour and a half, I can't read another word.
Haven't seen you around for a while 'Guy...how was the race in Fontana?
XP It was okay. Kinda boring, since we didn't get seats too close to the race. It was a beautiful view of the mountains, too. It was raining everywhere else but the track. But thanks for asking! Yeah, I've been busy with a bunch of school work XP How's it been?
DaGuyEvery1Knows
DaGuyEvery1Knows

Male

Fan of : Triela, Claes, Henrietta

Original Characters : Roberto, Estela, Scott, Dalia, Julian, Jasmin, Oliver, Bellissa

Comments : "Momma didn't raise no fool."
"The elephant never forgets, but I forget what the elephant remembered."

Back to top Go down

Post by Trimutius Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 9:06

emperor wrote:although she is revealed to be the only normal, healthy subject before undergoing cybernetic surgery.
When was it revealed? (I'm just curious a bit actually, i just can't remember where could i find some information about Claes in manga)
Trimutius
Trimutius

Male

Forum Posts : 16

Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 17:13

Trimutius wrote:
emperor wrote:although she is revealed to be the only normal, healthy subject before undergoing cybernetic surgery.
When was it revealed? (I'm just curious a bit actually, i just can't remember where could i find some information about Claes in manga)

Whatever sent her to the SWA has yet to be revealed. Nachtsider thinks the pictures of her make her look sickly, but she looks like a normal 10-year old girl to me. Go figure
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 17:38

I had asumed since it is said somewhere that her parents gave her to the agency that the dad was a researcher or proffessor of some sort and handed her over as a guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 17:44

crazyidiot78 wrote:I had asumed since it is said somewhere that her parents gave her to the agency that the dad was a researcher or proffessor of some sort and handed her over as a guinea pig

Her father was a professor and instilled in her a love of books, but that's all we know.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trimutius Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 18:40

Kiskaloo wrote:

Whatever sent her to the SWA has yet to be revealed. Nachtsider thinks the pictures of her make her look sickly, but she looks like a normal 10-year old girl to me. Go figure
But it could be anything. Not sickness but maybe some kind of accident then...
Trimutius
Trimutius

Male

Forum Posts : 16

Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 10:05

Fleda  Claes  Johanson - Page 4 Captur19
Translation from the anime...
On 10th Birthday Fleda Claes Johansson.
Photo of the day of her 10th birthday.
Has just received a book as a gift.
Since his father was a university professor, his house was covered with books.
So she showed her interest in books at home right from childhood.
Parents cultivate the interests of the child choosing books appropriate framework as a gift
It doesn't really reveal anything we didn't already know. Based on her size and behavior in the manga & anime I don't believe anyone thinks Claes was still 10 when she was converted to a cyborg, so anything could have happened during those missing 2-3 years.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 11:07

Professor Voodoo wrote:It doesn't really reveal anything we didn't already know. Based on her size and behavior in the manga & anime I don't believe anyone thinks Claes was still 10 when she was converted to a cyborg, so anything could have happened during those missing 2-3 years.
So true.
In my OC Universe, Claes was an accident between a fierce fight between her parents in a drunken rage, and she trying to get in between them was traumatized by severe injury (perhaps being accidentally thrown out the window or down a flight of stairs; I prefer the window). This would put one (the father) or both parents in jail. This would explain why we do not hear from either from her parents, and like Angie and Henrietta (and later Petrushka), was quickly sent to the SWA without either of their approval.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 20:28

My exact word was 'fragile', actually. She doesn't look like a robust child in those photos.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Fleda  Claes  Johanson - Page 4 Empty interesting observation

Post by galatia9 Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 0:37

I was rereading the manga Vol 4 Ch 18 during vacation and came across this. Claes goes to the indoor firing range and the guy at the desk stops her and says she needs a handler to go in. Then he says, "I remember you. You shot the vice president, right? You had a G.I.'s cap on. You've changed. I didn't recognize you at first." But Claes obviously has no idea what he's talking about.

I don't think it's a case of mistaken identity, since I'm sure the guy at the desk must know the members of Section 2 by sight, even though he doesn't realize Claes is no longer training for missions with her handler. And the G.I.'s cap she wears in Vol 2 Ch 6 during the gun mishandling incident with Henrietta could be the one she wore during the assassination.

Going by this, there must have been some important missions for Claes and Raballo in the past that we haven't seen, even if it did not involve building actual combat experience for her.

By the way, I've only read through Vol 6, so if there's more of her past that is revealed in later volumes, I'm not familiar with it. (Reading through this thread, however, I gathered there wasn't any.)

Also, I was surprised to see no speculation in this thread about why Claes can't be rebonded to another handler, since her conditioning has obviously made her forget Raballo completely, except as a vague father figure who took her fishing and taught her the value of quiet times.

And does anyone else wonder why Raballo's room at the SWA was kept for him, along with all his books and his bed and desk, though he's long gone?

Linda S.
galatia9
galatia9
galatia9

Female

Forum Posts : 8

Original Characters : Maxim Apricale

Registration date : 2010-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 0:46

I'm inclined to think that Claes saw at least some field experience before Raballo died. Hell, I've written a whole fanfic on the subject.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 0:48

When he says "Shot the VP" he means the H&K VP70z pistol, not the Vice President, since Italy does not have such an office. Wink
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 0:55

Well, despite that being the case, I still stand by my previous statement.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by galatia9 Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 2:05

Kiskaloo wrote:When he says "Shot the VP" he means the H&K VP70z pistol, not the Vice President, since Italy does not have such an office. Wink
The English version has "vice president" written out, not an abbreviation. A visiting official, perhaps?

Linda S.
galatia9
galatia9
galatia9

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 2:15

galatia9 wrote: there must have been some important missions for Claes and Raballo in the past that we haven't seen, even if it did not involve building actual combat experience for her.
That's an interesting train of thought. During the indoor shooting range incident Claes seems much more competent than Henrietta (she immediately knows something has gone wrong when 'Etta's SIG jams), so she & Raballo may have been out getting some experience.
I've only read through Vol 6, so if there's more of her past that is revealed in later volumes, I'm not familiar with it.
Sadly, no. Beyond what you've seen already it's all conjecture.
I was surprised to see no speculation in this thread about why Claes can't be rebonded to another handler,
It isn't really her role in the story...I think she's much more interesting as the sole non-combatant contrasted against the dormitory full of killers. That said I think things are heating up in Chapter 77...if one of the other girls dies Claes may be called into action as a replacement. Just my conjecture...we haven't seen an English translation of the chapter yet.
does anyone else wonder why Raballo's room at the SWA was kept for him, along with all his books and his bed and desk, though he's long gone?
I like to think Jean has a lot to do with it. He was obviously friendly with Raballo, respecting the man enough to seek him out and recruit him. And while he is almost certainly the one who had to orchestrate his assassination I see the lingering strings of his affection for the MP Captain in Jean's treatment of Claes. Contrary to the way he treats the other girls (Rico in particular) he seems genuinely concerned for Claes, as if looking after her somehow keeps the memory of Raballo alive.
The English version has "vice president" written out, not an abbreviation. A visiting official, perhaps?
I dare say it's just a translation slip-up.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 2:18

I just verified it with my copy, and she's right...

And what's funny, the Scandlation that Tommy did also has it. Since he had help from a Japanese assistant in translating, I think that the word was actually Vice President in Japanese.

Fleda  Claes  Johanson - Page 4 V4Ch18P28
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by galatia9 Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 2:39

Professor Voodoo wrote: It isn't really her role in the story...I think she's much more interesting as the sole non-combatant contrasted against the dormitory full of killers. That said I think things are heating up in Chapter 77...if one of the other girls dies Claes may be called into action as a replacement. Just my conjecture...we haven't seen an English translation of the chapter yet.
Oh, I agree, she's much more poignant and interesting a character as a non-combatant. But I did like seeing her brought in as the decoy in the first anime series, and I wouldn't mind seeing her rebonded somehow to another handler. It seems she could be very effective.
I like to think Jean has a lot to do with it. He was obviously friendly with Raballo, respecting the man enough to seek him out and recruit him. And while he is almost certainly the one who had to orchestrate his assassination I see the lingering strings of his affection for the MP Captain in Jean's treatment of Claes. Contrary to the way he treats the other girls (Rico in particular) he seems genuinely concerned for Claes, as if looking after her somehow keeps the memory of Raballo alive.
I didn't catch the inference that Raballo was assassinated, with or without Jean's knowledge. Jean does seem much more kind to Claes than he does to the other girls, but that could just be because he never sees her out in the field in a working context. He doesn't consider her a combat weapon like he does the others. Maybe he sees her more as a diagnostic tool that has to be preserved for further effective use.

Linda S.
galatia9
galatia9
galatia9

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 2:56

galatia9 wrote:I didn't catch the inference that Raballo was assassinated, with or without Jean's knowledge. Jean does seem much more kind to Claes than he does to the other girls, but that could just be because he never sees her out in the field in a working context. He doesn't consider her a combat weapon like he does the others. Maybe he sees her more as a diagnostic tool that has to be preserved for further effective use.
I think that that particular inference was a conglomeration of things. In having Raballo hand Claes her glasses and key to his room I get the impression he was half expecting to be off'd by the Agency. As to whether it was with Jean's knowledge or not, I personally believe it was; Jean seems to have the sort of drive that would allow him to make a call like that. He may not be happy about it, and it probably eats him up inside from time to time (and as Voodoo pointed out, that may be why Jean is more concerned for her well being), but if Raballo was going to the press then it was a move that needed to be made... so Jean made it.

As to an in-universe reason why she couldn't be bonded with another handler... one possiblity could lie in Raballo's final "order" to her, which I believe ran something along the lines of "be kind and gentle". Perhaps it's a glitch in the Gen1 conditioning (which I see as being pretty experimental, trying new things with each girl) that meant that more deep-seeded order could not be erased easily. From a bean-counting perspective, perhaps the level of work and conditionig needed to wipe Claes clean for a new handler would just knock too much time off her remaining lifespan to make it a viable investment. At least compared to the useful purpose she's currently serving as a testbed.

I dunno, I'm just speculating here so...
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 3:14

The more I think about it, the more I think Rabello's assassination death was faked.

-Rabello wanted to retire. But Jean gave him an offer he could not resist. I think that offer was a cybernetic knee.
-Rabello was given Claes, who for some reason cant shoot straight! Yes she's viscous, yes she can kill and has done so in the past. But she cant hit the broadside of a square and seems to get hurt on missions.
-Rabello takes Claes out to teach her things more important in life. And he continues with her training. Any missions Claes goes onto, she improves but is still sloppy. If she 'assassinated the Vice President' it must be here.

At this point I believe that Rabello finds a Padania agent reporter in the newspaper company and needs to lure him out. Strange, Rabello does not have his cane.

-Rabello mets up with Claes before he leaves. Again, he does not have his cane. Maybe he got his cybernetic knee? His knees has always given him trouble and grimaced in pain, he always leaned on that cane. Here he is seemingly pain free and without the cane. Plus he gave what seems to be a final farewell to Claes.

Question, if he was going to dump information to the reporter, why not bring Claes too? In the Video Game, Ernesto did just that to Pia.

-Rabello makes an appointment to meet up with the reporter.
-Jean comes back saying that Rabello is dead. Jean looks like he just look like he just did a mission.

To me it seems too obvious. I think the reporter got killed and Rabello was left to retire. It may be a long shot, but still a possibility.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 11:34

Professor Voodoo wrote:
galatia9 wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:When he says "Shot the VP" he means the H&K VP70z pistol, not the Vice President, since Italy does not have such an office. Wink
I dare say it's just a translation slip-up.

Yup. ADV's translation left a number of things to be desired. Hopefully Seven Seas will be a bit more diligent.

Personally, I think the only "mission" Raballo and Claes went on was the one where she killed those two punks in the Rome Metro. Claes herself noted that when they were not training, they were out fishing.

It may very well have been the thought of putting Claes into service that triggered in him the idea to blow the cover on the cyborg program.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 11:43

ElfenMagix wrote:Rabello wanted to retire. But Jean gave him an offer he could not resist. I think that offer was a cybernetic knee.

Raballo didn't want to retire. The reason he took Claes was that after three years (her projected lifespan), Jean would make it happen for Raballo to return to active duty.

ElfenMagix wrote:Rabello was given Claes, who for some reason cant shoot straight!

Maybe Raballo was just a poor instructor. He was a leader of men, not a trainer of them.

ElfenMagix wrote:Question, if he was going to dump information to the reporter, why not bring Claes too?

Because it you think you might not make the meet, why risk the cyborg, as well? The general consensus I have read here and elsewhere is that Raballo's goal was was to "free" Claes and the other girls from their roles as "murder machines". If he took Claes with him, Section 2 would have had to respond in kind and bring multiple fratelli with them to prevent them from reaching the meeting.

ElfenMagix wrote:To me it seems too obvious. I think the reporter got killed and Rabello was left to retire. It may be a long shot, but still a possibility.

No offense, but such a scenario would totally ruin the poignancy of not just their fratello, but Claes as a character. She's my favorite because I think Raballo sacrificed himself trying to save her and if he just was tired of her and wanted out, then Yu never should have written them into the story to begin with.

I'm sticking with the majority view on this one - Raballo was killed to protect the Agency.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 13:24

Kisk, you are right on the returning to duty.
But he can't on that bad knee, which is the reason why he was forced to retire in the first place.

I'm sticking with that consensus too but the conspiracy theorist in me says that there is something a lot more in this than meets the eye.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 14:12

Professor Voodoo wrote:I dare say it's just a translation slip-up.

Just want to confirm this by saying that the french version mentions the name of a weapon and not "vice president".
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 14:23

Totoum wrote:

Just want to confirm this by saying that the french version mentions the name of a weapon and not "vice president".

The original Japanese is "VP", whereas Vice President would normally be shortened to "V.P.".

Also, by saying "You shot the Vice President" implies that the Vice President shot is common knowledge and that would mean the Italian Vice President, except that Italy has no such office. So if Yu actually meant Vice President, he would have had to expand it to say "You shot Vice President (last name) of (country)" to give the reader context.

However, since the VP70 is prominently displayed on the cover of Volume 4 (of which Chapter 18 is the first one), it should be clear to a reader that "the VP" means the VP70.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinakbet Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 23:59

Professor Voodoo wrote:Triela: Claes, this is getting seriously ridiculous...you have to put some of these books in storage.

Triela=Teddy Bears
Claes=Books

Let's see who can engulf the room with her possessions first. :lol!: ROFLCOPTER! Full of Win
Pinakbet
Pinakbet

Male

Forum Posts : 19

Fan of : football, his heritage, pinakbet, exercising

Original Characters : Triela, Henrietta, Angelica

Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by galatia9 Wed 1 Dec 2010 - 1:52

I thought Raballo's death was very strange and unexpected, but I didn't give it much consideration the first time I read it. But it did seem very suspect.

As for the probable translation error, the guy behind the desk saying the name of the weapon does make a lot more sense in context. He deifnitely seems to be remembering the misfiring incident with Henrietta, Claes and the handlers. It was the cap Claes was wearing that day, too.

Linda S.
galatia9
galatia9
galatia9

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 1 Dec 2010 - 2:15

Kiskaloo wrote:
Totoum wrote:

The original Japanese is "VP", whereas Vice President would normally be shortened to "V.P.".

Also, by saying "You shot the Vice President" implies that the Vice President shot is common knowledge and that would mean the Italian Vice President, except that Italy has no such office. So if Yu actually meant Vice President, he would have had to expand it to say "You shot Vice President (last name) of (country)" to give the reader context.

However, since the VP70 is prominently displayed on the cover of Volume 4 (of which Chapter 18 is the first one), it should be clear to a reader that "the VP" means the VP70.

I can understand ADV doing this, but Tommy? He's Dutch, speaks/writes English but does not know all the idiosyncrasies of English. He knows some Japanese and with his helper who was Japanese, he created the scandlation. This is either one weird coincidence or as we used to joke around, ADV stole 'our' (really Tommy's) translations!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 1 Dec 2010 - 3:54

Maybe we could ask him.

Also, without meaning any offense, Raballo's death being orchestrated by the Agency is actually pretty obvious.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by galatia9 Wed 1 Dec 2010 - 13:03

It seems that Raballo knew he was at risk already.

Linda S.
galatia9
galatia9
galatia9

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by overkill13 Fri 3 Dec 2010 - 9:40

Well, he was planning on selling government secrets to the newspapers. It's not uncommon in fiction and probably in real life for people to dissapear or have an accident over something like this.

overkill13

Male

Forum Posts : 29

Fan of : I like a lot of things.

Comments : Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Tue 25 Jan 2011 - 16:03

Found an interesting picture of Claes in the world wide web:
Spoiler:

I think this is an Artwork done by somebody (i don't know who), but i like it.
Showing all her hobbies in one picture.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 816

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 25 Jan 2011 - 16:17

Yeah that picture has made the rounds of this forum.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross Wed 5 Sep 2012 - 19:54

I just noticed something interesting. After reading Chapter 6 again, I noticed that after the flashbook ends, and Claes wakes up on the bed in Raballo's room, the book next to her is Le Lys dans le Valee, the book she later refers to in Chapter 12. Well, actually, it's Le Lis dans la Vallee, but I'm assuming she's reading the Italian translation. You have to look closely at that particular panel to notice that, but it also has Balzac's name as the author, so I know that's the book. study
Tross
Tross

Male

Forum Posts : 122

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : None. I don't write fanfic.

Comments : N/A

Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Thu 6 Sep 2012 - 1:28

translation of italian word,from japanese really twisting....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 21:32

The real reason why Claes isn't allowed to use the computer.....

I guess they will need to make stronger key boards

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Wed 9 Jan 2019 - 14:47

Does anybody besides me think that Claes's garden is really weird?

Start with the perimeter: a brick wall too low to actually keep anything out. I think this is just her way of establishing a boundary, and saying, "This is mine." Using such a solid and enduring material for it seems an attempt to give permanence and solidity to a very ephemeral and uncertain life. After all, the girl doesn't know who she was or what will become of her. She's subject to impulses she doesn't understand. And any of the doctor's 'experiments' might be the end of her. With her reading and other interests, she seems to be pursuing a sense of predictability in her life.

Now, the flora. It seems she only has half a dozen plants in a space that could easily accommodate ten times that many. From a distance, Claes's little horticulture project looks lonely and barren. Even stranger, she doesn't actually plant them in the ground, instead keeping them in pots sunk into the earth. Her plants are located in the enclosure, but they aren't really a part of it. Both these conditions seem to be allegories for her life at the Agency.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Jan 2019 - 19:36

You know to be honest I never really thought about it.  Perhaps its just a bad attempt at raised beds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 19 Jan 2019 - 17:15

I've never thought about it much, either. I always assumed she just grew some herbs for cooking (not that we ever saw her cook).

Frankly, I love your interpretation TSM.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Sun 3 Feb 2019 - 21:17

Second Kisk's comments: great interpretation of her unique garden Scarredman
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT Mon 11 Feb 2019 - 22:47

I think that's probably the most accurate description of Claes's psychological situation summed up in her garden.
PSVT
PSVT

Male

Forum Posts : 556

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4