Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rico

+30
Three Dog
Thescarredman
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika
Schaschanist
Odon
tremec6speed
Verisus
hydra282
sdp2501
overkill13
Pinakbet
Kiara
Triela
boomer_gonz
Ghostfriendly
Alfisti
Professor Voodoo
MikhailN
MadHatChemist
SPARTAN 119
Awinnell
Five_X
Totoum
Danjo3
Robert Frazer
ElfenMagix
Kiskaloo
destroyer
Nachtsider
emperor
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rico - Page 2 Empty Re: Rico

Post by Ghostfriendly Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 17:09

Triela can remember dreaming about Raquel vaguely too, can't she? Only Henrietta manged to block her traumatic experience until the agency made her remember in that recent chapter with the water tank.

And didn't Angelica just have happy dreams about her dog? She probably didn't dream about good times with her family, since that would link to the repressed memory of her father running her over.

Even if Rico remembers her past, she's probably supressing her fear of becoming helpless and being rejected, causing it to filter through in dream.

Do people think Rico remembering her past was intentional or non-intentional on the part of the SWA?

Ghostfriendly

Forum Posts : 149

Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 17:22

Ghostfriendly wrote:Do people think Rico remembering her past was intentional or non-intentional on the part of the SWA?

I believe it's unintentional, but some have put forward that Jean allowed Rico to remember to control her through fear - "Disappoint me and I'll take away your mobility."

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 17:26

Very few ppl in real life remember their dreams. The same applies to the GsG girls. Yu only has shown that a couple of them remember their dreams, and those dreams bother them. Again, like real life- to many those dreams that are remembered as often the ones that shook their beings to their internal cores.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostfriendly Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 17:48

Kiskaloo wrote:
Ghostfriendly wrote:Do people think Rico remembering her past was intentional or non-intentional on the part of the SWA?

I believe it's unintentional, but some have put forward that Jean allowed Rico to remember to control her through fear - "Disappoint me and I'll take away your mobility."

Jean could probably manipulate a terrorist like that, but to do that to Rico I think he would need to understand her feelings more than he's willing to, and treat her as person rather than a tool.

Elfenmagix wrote:Very few ppl in real life remember their dreams. The same applies to the GsG girls. Yu only has shown that a couple of them remember their dreams, and those dreams bother them. Again, like real life- to many those dreams that are remembered as often the ones that shook their beings to their internal cores.

If the dream represented something they'd been suppressing before they remembered it, it certainly would shake them.

Ghostfriendly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 18:00

Ghostfriendly wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:

Jean could probably manipulate a terrorist like that, but to do that to Rico I think he would need to understand her feelings more than he's willing to, and treat her as person rather than a tool.

Jean pretty much did treat Rico as a tool, to be thrown away when no longer of use and replaced. He seems to have mellowed out a bit after Angelica died.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostfriendly Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 18:17

Kiskaloo wrote:Jean pretty much did treat Rico as a tool, to be thrown away when no longer of use and replaced. He seems to have mellowed out a bit after Angelica died.

Because he was pleased with Rico for taking Angelica's death in such an unemotional and tool-like way. Strange man.

With Beatrice and Angelica, Jean seems to be going out of his way to shield Rico from the death of other girls. If she really started being afraid of her own death, he would call her useless, but maybe he wouldn't order her to keep on fighting anyway. Having Rico as a 'tool of vengence' means he can think of revenge when he thinks of Erica and Sophia, and not the pain and fear they must've suffered when they died.

Ghostfriendly

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 19:09

Ghostfriendly wrote: Only Henrietta manged to block her traumatic experience until the agency made her remember in that recent chapter with the water tank.
Alternately, we've only now gotten a glimpse of her dream. Henrietta may have been dreaming that every night since her conversion.

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3428

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 19:38

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Ghostfriendly wrote: Only Henrietta manged to block her traumatic experience until the agency made her remember in that recent chapter with the water tank.
Alternately, we've only now gotten a glimpse of her dream. Henrietta may have been dreaming that every night since her conversion.

Based on the effect it seems to have had on her, I would be more inclined to think this is something new...

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 22:11

Kiskaloo wrote:
Professor Voodoo wrote:

Based on the effect it seems to have had on her, I would be more inclined to think this is something new...
It maybe new that she remembers. But everybody dreams in their sleep; its part of the sleep cycle under the R.E.M. cycle. On average a person goes through 6 - 10 REM cycles in an average 8 hour sleep; as my memory serves me right on this. There is on record of 1 man who does not REM Sleep due to a head injury (surviving a bullet through the brain). As I remember (info needs to be verified), he died within a year from not being able to REM in his sleep. He also showed signs of deteriorating metal stability, degrading to full blown insanity in the end.

So sleep and dreams, as intergral as they are to the human condition, the girls must have it. Whether they remember their dreams remains to be seen; as most people on the planet do not remember their average dreams on most nights.

ElfenMagix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiara Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 4:18

my favorite character beside Bea and Ange
Kiara
Kiara

Male

Forum Posts : 14

Fan of : Beatrice

Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinakbet Tue 30 Nov 2010 - 23:47

Kiskaloo wrote:
Five_X wrote:Rico is still cute!

That is all.

Only Series 1 and manga Rico. She's hella creepy in -IL TEATRINO-.

Ditto
Pinakbet
Pinakbet

Male

Forum Posts : 19

Fan of : football, his heritage, pinakbet, exercising

Original Characters : Triela, Henrietta, Angelica

Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by overkill13 Fri 3 Dec 2010 - 10:01

I still like Rico. She is still cute and innocent and she's very fast and efficient. In Ep1 of Il Teatrino she tosses one guy and shoots another in the legs in one incredibly fast motion. Also a sequence in the second intro shows her chasing the Padania on the rooftops, presumably before Bea shoots the roof out, and she pulls he pistol to take two shots, lighning quick. Jean has her do some pretty nasty stuff, but that's an extension of Jean's hate.

Jean, if you really look at it, is actually much more supportive of Rico than anyone cares to consider. Yes, he has hit her as "dicipline", Hillshire almost hit Triella too, but Jean also made a point to tell Rico she's done a good job on several occasions and unlike Raballo, Lauro and Marco, he's never called Rico useless. Verbal insults have been shown to be far more traumatic to the girls. Jean was also quite quick to jump into the water to save her. Personally I think Jean has some very surpressed love for Rico, it is often overrided by his hate for the FRF and he does not know how to express it.

Let the hate begin...

overkill13

Male

Forum Posts : 29

Fan of : I like a lot of things.

Comments : Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 3 Dec 2010 - 13:36

overkill13 wrote:Let the hate begin...
All those are very valid points.

But one thing can be said- Rico never failed on the field or in practice.
Whether this has to do with Rico's construction or to Jean's care, training and conditioning medication dosage, remains to be seen.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 4 Dec 2010 - 0:27

overkill13 wrote:Jean, if you really look at it, is actually much more supportive of Rico than anyone cares to consider. Yes, he has hit her as "dicipline", Hillshire almost hit Triella too, but Jean also made a point to tell Rico she's done a good job on several occasions and unlike Raballo, Lauro and Marco, he's never called Rico useless. Verbal insults have been shown to be far more traumatic to the girls. Jean was also quite quick to jump into the water to save her. Personally I think Jean has some very surpressed love for Rico, it is often overrided by his hate for the FRF and he does not know how to express it.

Let the hate begin...
More like let the love begin. We think alike. High Five
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 4 Dec 2010 - 0:46

ElfenMagix wrote: Rico never failed on the field or in practice.
I'm not sure if I'd go that far,
Rico - Page 2 Rico_j10
but to be certain Jean has never been heard suggesting that his own cyborg should be reconditioned. Is it because Rico is really reliable in the field...or is there attachment which Jean won't acknowledge publically? Who knows...that's why I really like Jean's character.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 4 Dec 2010 - 2:49

Jean just has overwhelmingly high standards. IIRC, the grouping Rico achieved was pretty decent.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 4 Dec 2010 - 9:22

In this I have to agree, and perhaps this could be from Jean being from possibly a strict military background. He expects nothing but the very best from Rico, and thus will settle for nothing less.

My true gripe with Jean it appears his quest for vengeance overshadows his judgement and thus he 'acts' out in frustration at Rico as opposed to anger. For every time Rico does not meet Jean's standards, it is another Padania member that is not dead.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by overkill13 Sat 4 Dec 2010 - 12:10

I'm more or less indifferent to Jean. I certainly don't hate him. He's standoffish with Rico and his hatred for the Padania has gotten the better of him, but even Jose lost his head in volume 11 and like I said, I think he has a lot of repressed love that he has no idea how to express.

The Jean/Rico situation could even be compared to Jose/Henrietta. Rico could very well be Jean's replacement for Enrica, but because he was seldom available for Enrica he never really knew how to love a child. Whereas Jose spent so much time with Enrica he developed a much more conventional relationship with her and then Henrietta. Rico's level of conditioning might even be attributed to this. If Enrica was frequently and openly upset with Jean, he may have developed a disdain for the behaviour and conditioned Rico more heavily in order to avoid it with her.

overkill13

Male

Forum Posts : 29

Fan of : I like a lot of things.

Comments : Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 4 Dec 2010 - 21:20

Rico's level of conditioning is actually quite debatable.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 4 Dec 2010 - 21:34

Nachtsider wrote:Rico's level of conditioning is actually quite debatable.
Well that gets the mental gears turning.

Ostensibly Jean has Rico on pretty high conditioning...but that's never really confirmed is it? He just recommends that Giuse up Henrietta's levels, never telling us what Rico (or Claes, whom he is also responsible for) is getting.

Despite the assumption that Rico is on high levels we never see her display any Beatrice-like behavior. All of her easy-going traits could be attributed to her natural personality as easily as conditioning drugs. She does seem to be living dependency symptom free longer than both Triela & Henrietta...although
Spoiler:

That's some serious food for thought, Nacht.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 4 Dec 2010 - 21:57

I imagine Rico has the recommended level of conditioning, which is more than what we know Henrietta and Triela have. I tend to think that Angelica also had recommended levels. Claes may very well be on "maintenance levels" to keep her systems in check.

I'm guessing that Henrietta has now been conditioned significanrly since she now exhibits similar behavior to Beatrice.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by sdp2501 Sun 2 Jan 2011 - 11:35

This is my gun kawai

rico was over conditioned i recon.

i also bet gose hates jean's guts for the way he treats rico Rico - Page 2 34844
sdp2501
sdp2501

Forum Posts : 132

Fan of : Rico, Gunslinger girl, Slpiknot, Asking Alexandria, Killswitch Engage, SUICIDE SILENCE, canibal corpse, buttered toffie popcorn XD, Xbox 360

Original Characters : Kiyra, Ryu

Comments : I will drag you. To oblivion, even if I must die.

Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 Sun 2 Jan 2011 - 16:05

I don't think he hates him, he just doesn't like Jean's discipline approach.
hydra282
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Forum Posts : 358

Fan of : Henrietta! Beatrice! Elsa!

Original Characters : Zaron + Josie +

Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Sun 2 Jan 2011 - 18:16

Jose and Jean are brothers. Of corse he might be angered for the way he treats Rico, but he understands that she is his cyborg. Jose defiantly doesn't hate him for it.
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by sdp2501 Sun 30 Jan 2011 - 10:58

Pinakbet wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:
Five_X wrote:Rico is still cute!

That is all.

Only Series 1 and manga Rico. She's hella creepy in -IL TEATRINO-.

Ditto

lol i know.

she looks like that hamster from bedtime stories XD This is my gun THOSE DAMN EYES

"im looking at you...
im comeing to get you"
sdp2501
sdp2501

Fan of : Rico, Gunslinger girl, Slpiknot, Asking Alexandria, Killswitch Engage, SUICIDE SILENCE, canibal corpse, buttered toffie popcorn XD, Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Verisus Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 2:24

Being new here I thought I'd add my 2 cents about Rico.

Personally i don't actually see Rico as emotionless, she only seems to be that way when with Jean, with the other girls she seems perfectly normal (or as normal as these girls get), for example, jumping on the beds before that mission with Angelica. Even some scenes with Jean she seems relatively well adjusted, like playing with the dog on the beach while Jean watches.

I think that it's mainly the expectations of Jean that cause her to act emotionless while on the job, rather than the effect of the conditioning.

Still, it would be interesting to know what level of conditioning she is under
Verisus
Verisus

Male

Forum Posts : 27

Fan of : Rico

Registration date : 2011-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 7:35

I'd agree, Rico's hardly emotionless, however she's also permanently happy, which is unusual given the girls' circumstances. From that I'd say her conditioning level is quite high but, as Voodoo pointed out elsewhere on the forum: she's happy, she's skilled, Jean is doing something right there.

On the job though, all the girls are quite emotionless (minus the odd glitch... like going ape with a P90). Wink
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Verisus Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 0:56

Yeah, though Rico being happy is understandable given that she remembers her previous life and considers almost ANYTHING an improvement
Verisus
Verisus

Male

Forum Posts : 27

Fan of : Rico

Registration date : 2011-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Tue 8 Mar 2011 - 6:21

I like the part where Rico asks Henrietta never to leave her because she gets lonely. I guess Jean allows some hints of caring and affection every now and then, but perhaps not enough for little Rico.
Go figure
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Thu 10 Mar 2011 - 1:05

Wasn't it cute how Jean gave Rico the cuddling pillow. D'awwwwww.

I guess even Jean acknowledges her need for comfort, even if he doesn't feel capable of giving that comfort himself.

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 482

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 10 Mar 2011 - 5:54

Odon wrote:Wasn't it cute how Jean gave Rico the cuddling pillow. D'awwwwww.

I guess even Jean acknowledges her need for comfort, even if he doesn't feel capable of giving that comfort himself.
Perhaps he knew what was likely to happen to Henrietta and was making an attempt at consoling Rico with a pre-emptive gift.

Anybody notice that Enrica had a long body-pillow too?
Rico - Page 2 Captur35
A gift from older brother Jean perhaps? Maybe that's his thing.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 10 Mar 2011 - 8:13

Jean has a cuddling pillow with a full-length image of Ferro printed on it.

He tell me.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Thu 10 Mar 2011 - 8:49

Nachtsider wrote:Jean has a cuddling pillow with a full-length image of Ferro printed on it.

He tell me.
After i have seen what Petra did with the Giacomo Dante target print at the range, i have an image of her in my brain where she has something similar, a body-size-pillow with a print of Dante to punch it. Rico - Page 2 86919
And i have another image of her in my brain where she has a pillow with a full-size-body-print of Sandro on it (you know, for the sleepless nights just whistlin' )
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 816

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by sdp2501 Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 7:10

tremec6speed wrote:I like the part where Rico asks Henrietta never to leave her because she gets lonely. I guess Jean allows some hints of caring and affection every now and then, but perhaps not enough for little Rico.
Go figure

i agree. he seems not to be as harshe after the end of season 2 and even more so after angelica dies.

also i just had a brainwave do you think Rico sad any thing to anyone about her nightmare. and do you think it forshadowes anything
sdp2501
sdp2501

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 8:36

She might - just MIGHT - have confided in Henrietta (the closest thing to a friend Rico has) and/or Triela ('older sister' to every first-gen). Although the argument is equally valid that Rico just kept quiet and opted to stay as optimistic as always.

That's the weakness of GSG. We don't get to see enough of the cyborgs' interactions with one another.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 8:50

What Nightmare do you mean?
Both Rico and Triela were shocked as 'Robotic-Henrietta' entered the room but i haven't seen or read anything about a nightmare.
Of course, it's really sad and shocking to see your best friend has forgotten you and anything else.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 11:06

I'm not entirely sure myself, although I've heard talk that Rico sometimes gets bad dreams of being disabled again and confined once more to her hospital bed.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 11:45

Nachtsider wrote:I'm not entirely sure myself, although I've heard talk that Rico sometimes gets bad dreams of being disabled again and confined once more to her hospital bed.
Funny, Emilie's nightmare are always about getting disassembled or amputated. (Deepest fear of Emilie, introduced by the happenening that brought her to the agency).
They should speak together about their nightmares. (Maybe in a next chapter of my fiction in fact that it plays more or less beside the original Manga.)
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 13:45

schaschanist wrote:What Nightmare do you mean?

The dream where she wakes up in a hospital room with no arms or legs and Jean orders her to follow him. She's unable to, so he tells her she's useless to him and walks away.

It's implied that her new body is very important to her and a powerful motivator for her to perform well and why she's actually happy to be a killer (not because she's a psychopath who enjoys killing, but because through killing she proves her worthiness to keep her body).
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 13:53

Kiskaloo wrote:
schaschanist wrote:What Nightmare do you mean?

The dream where she wakes up in a hospital room with no arms or legs and Jean orders her to follow him. She's unable to, so he tells her she's useless to him and walks away.

It's implied that her new body is very important to her and a powerful motivator for her to perform well and why she's actually happy to be a killer (not because she's a psychopath who enjoys killing, but because through killing she proves her worthiness to keep her body).
And which chapter? That is what i wanted to know.
I want to see this with my own eyes.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 13:57

schaschanist wrote:And which chapter? That is what i wanted to know.

It's the opening to Volume 06, which is Chapter 28.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 14:52

He said "Found it, Read it and Loved it" and wrote a note in his sketch book to use Rico's nightmare for a next chapter.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostfriendly Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 17:45

chpts 84-87:
Ghostfriendly
Ghostfriendly

Male

Fan of : Rico and Triela, Triela and Rico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 4:05

Ghostfriendly wrote:
chpts 84-87:
are you sure? because what i see,Rico shot Jean and Giacomo with 20mm Denel sniper rifle,nt a .50cal round
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostfriendly Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 5:01

GattoNero wrote:
Ghostfriendly wrote:
chpts 84-87:
are you sure? because what i see,Rico shot Jean and Giacomo with 20mm Denel sniper rifle,nt a .50cal round

Bow to your superior knowledge. A large anti-materiel round in any case.
Ghostfriendly
Ghostfriendly

Male

Fan of : Rico and Triela, Triela and Rico

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 22:08

Verisus wrote:Being new here I thought I'd add my 2 cents about Rico.

Personally i don't actually see Rico as emotionless, she only seems to be that way when with Jean, with the other girls she seems perfectly normal (or as normal as these girls get), for example, jumping on the beds before that mission with Angelica. Even some scenes with Jean she seems relatively well adjusted, like playing with the dog on the beach while Jean watches.

I think that it's mainly the expectations of Jean that cause her to act emotionless while on the job, rather than the effect of the conditioning.

Still, it would be interesting to know what level of conditioning she is under

I always thought Rico was pretty smart, and probably not heavily conditioned - I actually think that her 'not needing' much conditioning is mentioned somewhere in the manga, though I don't know where. Rico knows what she is to Jean: a tool, a killing machine. And a cyborg handler who thinks the answer to every behavioral tic is 'more conditioning' needs to be handled carefully. If i were Rico, I wouldn't crack a smile around him unless he told me to.

I wonder if she remembers her real name?
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 22:20

I think Rico remembers a lot more than even Jean thinks. I'd go so far as to say she knows exactly where her old home is and who her family are, and could waltz over to visit them if she so felt like it. But she doesn't want to, as she prefers her life at the Agency.

Which leads me to believe that yes, her conditioning is lower than popularly thought. Jean's way of exercising control over her is by playing up to her sense of gratitude to the Agency, not by zonking her out on the meds.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 22:48

Jean uses "the suggested amount". That does not necessarily imply that "the suggested amount" is administered daily via a horse syringe. Smile

We know Rico remembers her parents (including her father's job) and her life before the Agency. But then I do not believe conditioning medication dampens memories. Belesario stated at Lake Maggiore how they do it and he did not mention the conditioning medication as part of the process.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 8:21

Kiskaloo wrote:Belesario stated at Lake Maggiore how they do it and he did not mention the conditioning medication as part of the process.
If memory serves me correctly, the conditioning isn't involved at all. I can't remeber exactly what he said, but from what i do recall is that if you stimulate certain parts of the brain with electricity, they forget.

And I wanted to add that Rico is up there with Triela in my books Rico - Page 2 735198. FULL OF WIN!

A thought just occoured to me: The most Badass (in my opinion at least judging from combat effectiveness and I'm happy for people to correct me if I'm wrong) cyborgs are blond - [Rico and Triela], folowed by maroon - [Beatrice], then brunettes - [Henrietta], and finally black hair - [Angelica and Claes]. Wonder if there's some sort of hidden message, or am I over thinking this? I have also noticed a number of blue eyed blond haired people in the series, and I remember a certain dictator who liked people like that. Yeah, I'm over thinking this Rico - Page 2 167166.

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 8:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : F***ing spelling)
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 8:46

Angie in her prime was an amazing soldier. And Elsa made a whole bunch of noob mistakes on the job.

Myth busted. Razz
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 8:58

Nachtsider wrote:Angie in her prime was an amazing soldier. And Elsa made a whole bunch of noob mistakes on the job.

Myth busted. Razz
Phew Rico - Page 2 61015, I was getting a littla paranoid that Yu might actually be a Nazi trying to convert us to the Nazi way of thinking, take over the world, and bring about the next apocalypse! Rico - Page 2 249988 (I've been concentrating on my Strike Witches fic too much, I got nazis on the brain pan - at least I think that's the expression. And I just like apocalypses, such a fun genre)

Thanks for bringing me back to reality, man. Boring, regular, no fun at all, reality.

Though, as I recall, Elsa only started making mistakes after she saw how Jose showed a little care for 'Etta, and Elsa got distracted because of jealousy. Since Elsa loved Lauro so much, she began to wonder why he didn't threat her like Jose treated 'Etta. Henceforth, jelousy and wondering if her handler really cared for her distracted her from the mission, and unltimately ended in tradgedy.
Aww fuck! Rico - Page 2 167166I just opened a like tne whole new cans of worms, and on poor wittle Wico's thwead. (let the hate mail begin Rico - Page 2 423829 *sigh*)

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 8:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Makin' it easier to read, kind of)
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 9:31

Nachtsider wrote:Angie in her prime was an amazing soldier. And Elsa made a whole bunch of noob mistakes on the job.

Myth busted. Razz

Then again, Elsa only made mistakes in the anime, which was not written by Yu. In the manga, Jean noted had been one of their more effective agents.

So perhaps "Plausible". Wink
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 17:31

Kiskaloo wrote:

Myth busted. Razz

Then again, Elsa only made mistakes in the anime, which was not written by Yu. In the manga, Jean noted had been one of their more effective agents.

Indeed, not for nothing Jean and Jose had described the Lauro-Elsa fratelló as a "great fratello" .
Goooooooo Lauro!
lolz Very Happy
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 20:36

tremec6speed wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:

Myth busted. Razz

Indeed, not for nothing Jean and Jose had described the Lauro-Elsa fratelló as a "great fratello" .
Goooooooo Lauro!
lolz Very Happy
To blame anything on the girls, you need to see who trained them. Marco was the best at what he did and he handed that training down to Angie. Lauro? We don't know and maybe will never know.

I have been pointing what was said about the Lauro/Elsa team for years only to be shot down, and now they get recognition? Gees - thanks a lot. I need to go vent on a newbie! RAWR!!!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 23:44

ElfenMagix wrote:I have been pointing what was said about the Lauro/Elsa team for years
only to be shot down, and now they get recognition? Gees - thanks a lot.
I need to go vent on a newbie! RAWR!!!
I get the horrible feeling that this discussion is likr the whole Petra argument Rico - Page 2 367.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 9:39

Nachtsider wrote:Jean has a cuddling pillow with a full-length image of Ferro printed on it.

He tell me.

Rico - Page 2 1935963106 ROTFL
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 20:42

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:I have been pointing what was said about the Lauro/Elsa team for years
I get the horrible feeling that this discussion is likr the whole Petra argument Rico - Page 2 367.
That as the main troll bait before Petra/'Sandro came into GsG.
Mind you, Elsa/Lauro was in V1, and Petra/'Sandro was inV6/V7. We had several years to point out the arguments then!
emperor wrote:

He tell me.

Rico - Page 2 1935963106 ROTFL

Rico - Page 2 Otaku-dating-motivator-001
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 22:46

Rico is a very earnest little girl with a lot of Joi de vie, I think; a little butterfly chaser. But she knows Jean isn't into that, and so she keeps herself in check around him - mostly. Remember the scene where she was tightrope walking on the curb, and Jean pulled her down and told her to be sensible?

As a parent, Jean has turned out more like his father than he'd be comfortable admitting to. Then again, he'd probably be offended at the suggestion that he's Rico's surrogate parent.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 20 Apr 2012 - 2:20

ElfenMagix wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:
That as the main troll bait before Petra/'Sandro came into GsG.
Mind you, Elsa/Lauro was in V1, and Petra/'Sandro was inV6/V7. We had several years to point out the arguments then!
You're gonna hunt me down and kill me now, aren't you, Elfen?

Thescarredman wrote:As a parent, Jean has turned out more like his father than he'd be
comfortable admitting to. Then again, he'd probably be offended at the
suggestion that he's Rico's surrogate parent.
I think you hit the nail on the head.
I'd have to say, Jean is probably the best (or most effective) Handler out of the lot, or at least level with Bernardo (who we don't hear enough about to make any solid obsevations). Evryone else has trouble with thier 'borgs.
Elsa commits homicide/suicide, Henrietta goes apeshit whenever Jose's in danger, Triela runs away from Hillshire, Angie has a mentle breakdown and Marco doesn't do that much to help, Petra is in love with 'Sandro, and Roballo went ond got himself killed, scaring Claes for life. What has Rico done? Got pulled of the curb and told to be snesible.

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 2:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mis-spelt a name)
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next