Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello guys! I'm from HK

+5
Sakura
Nachtsider
Tommygunner70
LoC978
Probit Return
9 posters

Go down

Hello guys! I'm from HK Empty Hello guys! I'm from HK

Post by Guest Sun 16 Mar 2008 - 11:00

Hello everybody cheers ~~I'm from Hong Kong, and live in China for studying now.
Actually I knew the gunslinger girl series for a long time, since the first season of anime came out, but I was unable to watch this awesome anime online (or download it) at that time because I was still using 56k and slow as hell bang head , so I was not a fan of gunslinger girl until I saw the second season recently and it recall my interest to gunslinger girl~~~
I love the first season of gunslinger girl anime, and I already go through all the volumes of comics which had been published study
I am a fan of Triela, she is smart, cool, strong, and awesome. And I appreciate that she's being so kind and friendly to other girls, too.
Hellshire is nice also. I like him too. I think he is the best handler inside the social welfare agency(And I think Jean is the worst... poor rico)
I can read a bit Japanese, though my ability is not strong enough to make a translation of the comics, if someone have trouble to realize certain scenes in comics(which in Japanese) or doujinshi(fans comic), you can find me, maybe I can explain it to you.
And I love drawing, so maybe I will post some fanart of gunslinger girl in the future.
And, well, sorry for my poor English, it's not my first language. sweat

Back to top Go down

Hello guys! I'm from HK Empty Re: Hello guys! I'm from HK

Post by Probit Return Sun 16 Mar 2008 - 12:31

Welcome to the forums. Lots to do here so have fun.

I have to say though, in my opinion, Jean is far from the worst handler. I'm sure we can all agree that that title belongs to the handler of a certain blonde haired girl with braids.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sun 16 Mar 2008 - 13:33

welcome.
when I first read the title of the thread, I thought you meant you worked for Heckler & Koch Laughing
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Sun 16 Mar 2008 - 14:29

Welcome shikiwu.

Well i am sure you'll find a friend in Nachtsider then. i seem to recall that he is Chinese as well.
Anyway, you're english is pretty good. I still have to get used to making the 'I' when refering to my self a capital. my native language is dutch, and we dont make our 'I' form in capitals, only when at the start of a written line.

Speaking of languages, head on over to the 'Behind Closed Doors...' Section, Loads of 'English Scanlations' there. at least 3 Volumes which i have/am working on.

Have fun Wink
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 16 Mar 2008 - 15:22

Tommy is right, Shikiwu - you do have a fellow countryman in the form of me. And there's nothing wrong with your English - you're doing just fine. Welcome to the forum!

*sings* Lord, hear me now... Junkboats and English boys... Crashing out into the mouths... Electric fences and guns...
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Sun 16 Mar 2008 - 19:51

Hi Shikiwu, it's nice to meet you. From what you wrote I consider your English pretty good. Hope you have fun on the forums. I look forward to some of your fanart.
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Mar 2008 - 3:23

Probit Return:
Nice to meet you.
Well I didn't think Jean is the worst before, since he saved Rico in Volume 6 and allowed her to play on the beach, made him more like an amiable brother. Until in Chapter 50 he gave Rico a hug and thinking "This is my cyborg. My tool for revenge on Pandania." inside his mind, it changed my view to him....
Anyway I take back my words....since I have totally forgotten Elsa's handler. sweat

LoC978:
Thanks.
Haha,it would be pretty cool if I worked for Heckler & Koch, unfortunately I'm not. Laughing

Tommygunner70:
Nice to meet you Tommy. I have read some of your scanlation of the comics, and it really surprised me that you are from Dutch because in my view Japanese is difficult to foreigner, since the "kanji" are hard to regonize if you are not a native speaker. And you do a great job on the scanlation. It rocks. :iia:

Nachtsider:
You are Chinese too? ni hao~~ Very Happy

Sakura:
Thank you, nice to meet you~^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 17 Mar 2008 - 3:42

Shikiwu - wo mei wen ti! Ni ne? Duo me xing yun zhao dao yi ker tong pao zhai zhe li!
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Mar 2008 - 4:08

Nachtsider:
wo ye shi~~haha wo shou~~duo duo guan zhao~~ High Five
zhe li hai you qi ta tong pao ma?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 17 Mar 2008 - 7:38

Hmm. Rang wo jian cha yi xia.

Wo men hao xiang ker yi bao kuo Doomknight 2020. Sui ran wo chi dao Utsurokuri her Sasahara17 shi dong fang ren, wo pu da ching chu ta men shi tong pao huo ze pu shi...
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Mar 2008 - 8:40

x_x

Chinese invasion!! Laughing

Youkoso! We got more on the team~

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Mon 17 Mar 2008 - 8:48

Wo de zhong wen to tai hao, ru guo wo dong shuo le Very Happy wo she zai fei lu bin lai, ru guo wo she zhong guo ren.
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Mon 17 Mar 2008 - 10:05

shikiwu wrote:Tommygunner70:
Nice to meet you Tommy. I have read some of your scanlation of the comics, and it really surprised me that you are from Dutch because in my view Japanese is difficult to foreigner, since the "kanji" are hard to regonize if you are not a native speaker. And you do a great job on the scanlation. It rocks. :iia:

Wow, hold on there. you're giving me false credits there.
If you have read some of my scanlations allready, then i guess that you at least ones have seen the "Read me.JPG" I put in everytime. Its lists who provided the translations, who provided the Raws/scans. and who did the scanlation.
I my self only understand a small amount of words in japanese, and i can read about 2 to 4 charaters of Kanji.
I am trying to learn the language slowly but surely. but it isn't easy.

as for doing scanlations; it doesn't take any knowladge of Japanese to do that. i just use a mix of common sense and referance like the page numbers, the story its self, amount of ballon's and such to make sure that i am doing it right.

there have been cases when there were errors with the translations that i had, but there were allways ways to fix it.

Nachtsider wrote:
shikiwu wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:Shikiwu - wo mei wen ti! Ni ne? Duo me xing yun zhao dao yi ker tong pao zhai zhe li!
Nachtsider:
wo ye shi~~haha wo shou~~duo duo guan zhao~~ High Five
zhe li hai you qi ta tong pao ma?
Hmm. Rang wo jian cha yi xia.
Wo men hao xiang ker yi bao kuo Doomknight 2020. Sui ran wo chi dao Utsurokuri her Sasahara17 shi dong fang ren, wo pu da ching chu ta men shi tong pao huo ze pu shi...

Would you two be so kind as to do the same thing i do when speaking a none-english language, (which is either Dutch or German.) and write the translations in a post as well?

I am wondering what i am missing from the converstation.

That reminds me. shikiwu, "Dutch" is what you call somebody from my country or the language. my country in english is refered to as "Holland." or "The Netherlands." but either of them is acceptible.

"Netherlands" in dutch would be spelled "Nederland". now the reason why there isn't an 'S' at the back is because in Dutch 'Nederlands' refers to our language and not to our country.

Pretty confusing uh?

(just so you dont get the wrong idea; i am not taking offense that you got it wrong. i am telling you so that you can improve your engish a bit more ^_^)
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 17 Mar 2008 - 10:18

Oops - sorry, Tommy. The transcript thus far is as follows:

Shikiwu: "How do you do?"

Nacht: "I'm very well - what of yourself? How fortunate to find a fellow countryperson here on the forum!"

Shikiwu: "Just as glad to know of another being here! Are there any more?"

Nacht: "Hmm. Let me go check. We can definitely count in Doomknight 2020. I'm not sure about Utsurokuri and Sasahara - they're definitely Asian, but their ethnicity is uncertain to me."
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Mon 17 Mar 2008 - 10:38

Ah, i see.

Thanks for the Trans Nachtsider.
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Mar 2008 - 11:00

Nachtsider:
o~~hao xiang you dian xiao, bu guo hai hao ba﹐bi jin zhe ge shi wai guo lun tan ma~~neng you ji ge tong pao jiu hen bu cuo la Smile
(oh it seems that not much Chinese people here, but it's ok since this is a foreign forum~ I'm glad that there are some countryman here)

Panzer IV:
haha yes Chinese invasion Laughing
Arigatou~ hajimemashite, watashi wa shikiwu des, douzo yoroshiku~
(thank you~ nice to meet you, I am shikiwu, hope we can be friends~)

WestNile:
ni de zhong wen hai bu cuo, wo neng kan ming bai ni de zhong wen, ni zai fei lu bin ma? wo men de tong pao zhen shi wu chu bu zhai hahaha~~ High Five
(I can understand your Chinese and I think your Chinese is pretty good, you are in Phillipine? We have so many countrymen all over the world hahaha)

Tommygunner70:
Ohoh, sorry for the inconvenience, I will add Englinsh after the Chinese words.

Wow, hold on there. you're giving me false credits there.
If you have read some of my scanlations allready, then i guess that you at least ones have seen the "Read me.JPG" I put in everytime....

AhAhAh~~~~!! Guh?
*hands up* yes officer I have not read the "Read me.JPG" before I read the scanlation..... 50 Lashes!
When I read the scanlation, I have skipped some part of the comics (just read few scenes which I interested in) therefore I didn't notice that there was a readme file.....
I apologize for my careless mistake...

Anyway, making scanlation need to be patient and spend lot of time and efforts, I appreciate your hard work. Smile

Japanese really hard to learn, since there are so many words which have similar meaning and make people confusing. Anyway, Ganbade(<-japanese, means keep hard work and try your best)~

That reminds me. shikiwu, "Dutch" is what you call somebody from my country or the language. my country in english is refered to as "Holland." or "The Netherlands." but either of them is acceptible.

When you said you are a dutch I can immediately regonize that you come from Holland, however I mixed up "Dutch" and "Holland" these two English words....I forgot they are two different concepts and have different meanings in English at that time...meh it proved that my English is poor sweat sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Mon 17 Mar 2008 - 14:24

shikiwu wrote:
Tommygunner70:
Ohoh, sorry for the inconvenience, I will add Englinsh after the Chinese words.
No problem.

Actually, the words you said to Panzer in Japanese, i was able to understand. Wink but anything more complex is beyond me sadly.

shikiwu wrote:AhAhAh~~~~!! Guh?
*hands up* yes officer I have not read the "Read me.JPG" before I read the scanlation..... 50 Lashes!
When I read the scanlation, I have skipped some part of the comics (just read few scenes which I interested in) therefore I didn't notice that there was a readme file.....
I apologize for my careless mistake...

Dont worry, happens to the best of us. i actually realized that i messed up one of those "Read me" pages in the Volume 8 chapter 40. I wrote Chapter 45 instead of 40. had to re-upload the whole package just for that small of a correction :p

shikiwu wrote:Anyway, making scanlation need to be patient and spend lot of time and efforts, I appreciate your hard work. Smile

You and everyone else who cant fully understand japanese. Smile

shikiwu wrote:Japanese really hard to learn, since there are so many words which have similar meaning and make people confusing. Anyway, Ganbade(<-japanese, means keep hard work and try your best)~
Thank you, and yeah, it is hard to learn. but there is one detail about the Japanese language that isn't very confusing form me: Words with more then one meaning depending on the use.
The dutch language knows many words which sometimes can have up to 3 meanings.

BTW: I believe it's spelled "Ganbatte"

shikiwu wrote:When you said you are a dutch I can immediately regonize that you come from Holland, however I mixed up "Dutch" and "Holland" these two English words....I forgot they are two different concepts and have different meanings in English at that time...meh it proved that my English is poor sweat sorry

Once again, Dont worry about it Shikiwu.
Mistakes like that are common.
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Thu 20 Mar 2008 - 7:39

Until in Chapter 50 he gave Rico a hug and thinking "This is my cyborg. My tool for revenge on Pandania." inside his mind, it changed my view to him

Oh! Now I know what Jean thinking with that behavior.

🇲🇸
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Utsurokuri Thu 20 Mar 2008 - 16:00

Sadly and she is my favorite character out of them all. T^T

Ni hao.

I am Chinese but sadly I live in Canada so I don't really know a lot of chinese. I can speak it fine but typing is a different matter unless you and Nacht teach me. XP

Anyways welcome to the forum~ -hugs for you-
Utsurokuri
Utsurokuri

Female

Forum Posts : 101

Fan of : -points to avatar-

Original Characters : TBA

Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 23:03

OMG another Triela fan! I'm a huge Triela fan! She's my favorite girl character in the history of all movies, manga, anime, and video games. :yaay: I hope you like it here! I love your avatar! <3 ^_^
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Apr 2008 - 5:04

I have exam before so I didn't come to see this intro post for a period of time, sorry for the late response.

Tommy: So the dutch language is more difficult than Japanese, then?
Yup, "Ganbade" should be "Ganbatte". HongKong teenagers like using Japanese in their daily life (or used in joking), and they always speak the word "Ganbatte" wrong as "Ganbade", haha

emperor: That's why I don't like him now. Holier-than-thou

Utsurokuri: That's OK. My cousins live in Canada too, and they can't type Chinese as well. Thanks for the warm welcome hug. Very Happy

Triela: *shake hand* Yup, Triela is awesome!! dancin\\' I'm glad to see that there are many Triela fans in this forum.

And, well, I have posted my fanart in the forum, as I have promised in this intro post.
BTW, thanks for the warm welcome, minna!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down