Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings to All Fans of GsG!

+3
topgearbrzgt86
Thescarredman
Pyeknu
7 posters

Go down

Greetings to All Fans of GsG! Empty Greetings to All Fans of GsG!

Post by Pyeknu Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 15:51

Hello, everyone,

It actually surprised me that GsG is so popular in places years after the anime and manga ended that there's a live chat board about the series.  Which is good.  While I haven't personally written GsG-specific fanfics in the past, I have used them as templates for characters in my stories.

To explain:  In the universe of my stories, there is a race of bioroids (biological androids) called the Avalonians.  Beings who could be moulded as perfect replicas of any humanoid girl with iron-based blood in the known galaxy.  For over a century, they were genetically enslaved to a race of technological savants called the Niphentaxians until they were finally liberated and made their way to become allies with the Terrans.  As my stories are based mostly in the universe of Urusei Yatsura, I have Moroboshi Ataru as the man who usually leads in the Avalonians' liberation.

Given the incredible ability of the Avalon bioroid factory and the Niphentaxians mad obsession with all things Terran, I show many times that it's possible for Avalonian replicas of fictional characters to be created.  The girls of GsG were among several such groups of characters to make an appearance in my latest chain of stories, centred around Phoenix From the Ashes.  In that story, all the cyborg characters were all duplicated as young adults (physically around 20 years of age) and were designed and programmed as "lethal eye candy" to serve as bodyguards for their masters.  Thanks in part to two of Ataru's friends, they were liberated and allowed effectively to live their own lives, eventually coming to serve as infantry soldiers in the 1st Battalion of the Canadian Guards.  Since few of the girls of GsG got family names in the manga or anime, I had to borrow the fratello names to make them seem "normal":  Henrietta Croce, Rico Croce, Triela Hilshire, Claes Johansson, Angelica Toni, Elsa da Sica, Elizavéta Aleksánna Baránovskaja, Beatrice Bernardo, Silvia Dante and Chiara Giacomo.  And while there were some people who didn't care for the whole concept of GsG when they learned of these girls, they're accepted as part of the crew of the starship HMCS Haida.

For those interested in reading about these replicas of the GsG girls, go to Fanfiction.net and read A Nice Quiet Place and Avalonians and Questors under my writer's name.  Note that A&Q is no longer seen as part of the proper PFTA continuity; I'll get to rewriting it sometime in the future.

I also did two entries in the late Anime Addventure where I had the real GsG girls become Avalonians.  You can read them at the current site which is at "addventure dot cf".  Look for my writer's name there "Gorgo" and search for "The Black Maidens of New Avalon" and "The Soldiers' Sanction"; I have the girls of Noir and the A-Team from the movie guest-star there.

If I do further stories with the GsG girls, their being Avalonians - in effect, restored to full organic humanity - will always be a theme.

Cheers!
Pyeknu
Pyeknu

Male

Forum Posts : 2

Fan of : All the girls

Original Characters : None yet

Comments : Have been attracted to both the tragedy and the horror of GsG from the start. When I write about the cyborgs, I always make them grown up and somehow escape their fate.

Registration date : 2017-06-08

Back to top Go down

Greetings to All Fans of GsG! Empty Re: Greetings to All Fans of GsG!

Post by Thescarredman Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 16:58

Welcome to the forum. As you can see, there's a rather extensive archive of discussions, fanfic, and extended-universe stories. Mayhap you've come to the right place.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 17:07

Hello, and welcome to the madhouse. I think you'll like it here. 

*dumps large pile of forms on the counter* Now, if you could just fill those out, read and initial each page of contract, then sign there, there and... just there on the liability waiver and non-disclosure agreement, that'd be great. 

There's a chair over there and a coffee machine around the corner, return the papers when you're done and we'll look to getting you properly inducted by one of our cyborgs or staff. Make sure you don't give them coffee... bad stuff happens.

Just so you know, we have Skype meetings every Saturday night, feel free to join.

topgearbrzgt86

Male

Forum Posts : 453

Fan of : Top Gear, Initial D, etc.

Original Characters : Jim, Jamiebel, Davina, Bernan, Frédéric. (More to come.)

Comments : You have to leave the space. All the time you have to leave the space!
-Fernando Alonso

Registration date : 2013-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyeknu Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 17:30

topgearbrzgt86 wrote:Hello, and welcome to the madhouse. I think you'll like it here. 

*dumps large pile of forms on the counter* Now, if you could just fill those out, read and initial each page of contract, then sign there, there and... just there on the liability waiver and non-disclosure agreement, that'd be great. 

There's a chair over there and a coffee machine around the corner, return the papers when you're done and we'll look to getting you properly inducted by one of our cyborgs or staff. Make sure you don't give them coffee... bad stuff happens.

Just so you know, we have Skype meetings every Saturday night, feel free to join.

LOL!  Thanks for the invite, but I don't do Skype.  Sorry...
Pyeknu
Pyeknu

Male

Forum Posts : 2

Fan of : All the girls

Original Characters : None yet

Comments : Have been attracted to both the tragedy and the horror of GsG from the start. When I write about the cyborgs, I always make them grown up and somehow escape their fate.

Registration date : 2017-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 17:34

It's all good, on the Skype front; as for the paperwork - No real due date to these papers, but it is highly recommended that you get these done as soon as possible - and in triplicate; the pink copy you mail in, the goldenrod copy you keep, and the white copy you turn in - so that we may make your transition into the madhouse as smooth as possible.

topgearbrzgt86

Male

Forum Posts : 453

Fan of : Top Gear, Initial D, etc.

Original Characters : Jim, Jamiebel, Davina, Bernan, Frédéric. (More to come.)

Comments : You have to leave the space. All the time you have to leave the space!
-Fernando Alonso

Registration date : 2013-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 19:20

Hello and welcome. I see TG has already given you your paperwork, so that's excellent. Pay attention in the induction, there is a test at the end.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Sat 10 Jun 2017 - 3:53

Xin chào and welcome to the madhouse lad.
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Forum Posts : 476

Fan of : Yu Aida

Original Characters : Phong Linh . Silvya SilverFox

Comments : I'm back

Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 8:31

Welcome, and feel free to make yourself at home! Very Happy
PSVT
PSVT

Male

Forum Posts : 556

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Tue 20 Jun 2017 - 0:16

Pyeknu wrote:Thanks for the invite, but I don't do Skype.  Sorry...

Now we do Discord (for text chat)

Join the Unofficial Cyborg Central Discord
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1211

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down