Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things that destroy cyborgs.

+8
Alfisti
FireTrooper113
boomer_gonz
Thescarredman
Odon
tremec6speed
Three Dog
San and Flo
12 posters

Go down

Things that destroy cyborgs. Empty Things that destroy cyborgs.

Post by San and Flo Fri 27 May 2016 - 0:13

.50 calibre weapons

20mm weapons

eye-shots

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trailer

Baby by Justin Bieber

Deadly explosions

Cancer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The AK 47 is the Great Equalizer.
San and Flo
San and Flo

Male

Forum Posts : 121

Fan of : Beatrice, Henrietta, Rico and Triela.

Original Characters : San and Letrice, Lawrence and Onyx

Comments : Let's see how many mags I can waste on one body.

Registration date : 2016-05-11
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Things that destroy cyborgs. Empty Re: Things that destroy cyborgs.

Post by Three Dog Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 8:32

I imagine airborne asphyxiation like chlorine gas, nitrogen, or phosgene would also put a cybrog out of comission, if not kill. I'm not sure how effective nerve agents would be since 'borgs seem to be able to shrug off getting shot or stabbed pretty well, so who knows what's going on with their nervous system.

Oh, and Vogon poetry. Razz

Things that destroy cyborgs. TheThreeTavaren_zps87e08285
Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret
slander boldly, something always sticks
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 16:23

Padania's secret weapon: Things that destroy cyborgs. Serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fimg.diytrade.com%2Fcdimg%2F1762207%2F25650357%2F0%2F1335429013%2F100_Pure_California_Prune_Juice_with_150mL_Capacity
Triela: Ok girls, we're done for....
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Sat 23 Jul 2016 - 7:42

Barrett .50 rifles firing Mk211 Raufous rounds
SPAS-15 shotguns loaded with barrier-penetration magnum slugs
RPG-7 launcher with thermobaric warhead
Directional mines
Lure the cyborgs into a building, then collapse it with a muffler charge - two carbombs, one on each side of the building, detonated simultaneously by radio.
Another cyborg, freshly reconditioned to remove any emotional attachments.

"I had a dream. We were together in my dream. We were brother and sister, father and mother, wife and husband. And both of us were both."
-- The Princess and the Warrior

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 484

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 22:06

Strange not to see you playing something like this for laughs, Odon.

What can destroy a cyborg?

The death of her handler. Unrequited love. Overconditioning. A distracted Section Two surgeon. They're really quite fragile, in their own way.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2230

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 2:01

I'm gonna go with...Power Tools.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 5:05

boomer_gonz wrote:I'm gonna go with...Power Tools.
But they already used those on Triela in Amsterdam and she came back better...stronger...faster!

"I had a dream. We were together in my dream. We were brother and sister, father and mother, wife and husband. And both of us were both."

Odon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Wed 27 Jul 2016 - 11:05

Odon wrote:
But they already used those on Triela in Amsterdam and she came back better...stronger...faster!
And like usual, her work is never over.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by FireTrooper113 Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 21:58

Odon wrote:

This sounds like a rejected Billy Mays commercial.
FireTrooper113
FireTrooper113

Male

Forum Posts : 87

Fan of : The original five cyborgs and their handlers.

Original Characters : Not something I'm interested in, at least for now.

Comments : Most like to see things in black and white, I see them in gray. ....Pink would be nice, or red, hell let's throw some green in there too.

Registration date : 2014-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Wed 21 Dec 2016 - 17:20

Diving past 30 meters, if you follow Voodoo's stories. If not, then simple immersion would do the trick. Don't know how long they can hold their breath, but there must be a limit.

Likewise, falling from a height. We know that the girls' cyborg anatomy allows them to make some astounding jumps, both vertical and horizontal, but the soft human brain inside that carbon-fiber-reinforced skull can only handle so much jostling. Pino knocked Triela out with a hard blow to the chin; how much harder a head strike would it take to kill?
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 25 Dec 2016 - 19:08

Thescarredman wrote:Diving past 30 meters, if you follow Voodoo's stories. If not, then simple immersion would do the trick. Don't know how long they can hold their breath, but there must be a limit.

Likewise, falling from a height. We know that the girls' cyborg anatomy allows them to make some astounding jumps, both vertical and horizontal, but the soft human brain inside that carbon-fiber-reinforced skull can only handle so much jostling. Pino knocked Triela out with a hard blow to the chin; how much harder a head strike would it take to kill?
I always liked Voodoo's 30m rule, not just because it gave us Marisa, but also because it was an extra twist in the tail for any cyborg going swimming.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Sun 25 Dec 2016 - 21:07

In 'Rehabilitation Branch,' Jack snorkels with Angel, but he won't allow her to SCUBA dive. Perhaps he's been talking to someone.

If only my life was as simple as Rico's ... or Jean's.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT Mon 26 Dec 2016 - 22:57

Thescarredman wrote:Pino knocked Triela out with a hard blow to the chin; how much harder a head strike would it take to kill?

I'd imagine the same amount of force as for a normal human. It's their one major weakness (in multiple ways, but we're just focusing on the physical), that they have regular human brains instead of microprocessors in their heads. Thus, any brain trauma very likely will severely kill or injure the cyborgs. I don't know what effect the conditioning medication would have, but in terms of physical injury, I'd suspect probably not much if at all.

Alfisti wrote:I always liked Voodoo's 30m rule, not just because it gave us Marisa, but also because it was an extra twist in the tail for any cyborg going swimming.

Indeed. But, still, Marisa. Very Happy

Overall, I think cyborgs are actually a lot more fragile than we'd like to believe. Sure, they're capable of sustaining a lot of damage, but how much of it is due to innate protection and how much of it is due to the conditioning medication making them ignore their pain. Indeed, ignoring shots to the eyes, even regular pistol rounds can kill a cyborg like any normal human if the bleeding isn't addressed soon enough. It's just that the cyborgs aren't going to flinch upon being hit, and are likely to rip the head off of the shooter.

The perfect might be the enemy of the good. Then again, so is the mediocre.
PSVT
PSVT

Male

Forum Posts : 556

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 27 Dec 2016 - 2:02

PSVT wrote:Overall, I think cyborgs are actually a lot more fragile than we'd like to believe. Sure, they're capable of sustaining a lot of damage, but how much of it is due to innate protection and how much of it is due to the conditioning medication making them ignore their pain. Indeed, ignoring shots to the eyes, even regular pistol rounds can kill a cyborg like any normal human if the bleeding isn't addressed soon enough. It's just that the cyborgs aren't going to flinch upon being hit, and are likely to rip the head off of the shooter.
Agreed, I think the major difference between a cyborg and a regular human is the ability to absorb damage and keep fighting. We know that the cyborgs are better protected in some places: the head for example I believe can canonically repel small arms fire (how that treats the brain though, who knows), and I suspect that there is a reduced chance of a hit penetrating to anything vital. However, once they are hit the clock is ticking... again possibly slower than for a normal human, but still ticking.

Or course, the other advantage of a cyborg is that they're much faster put back into the field again after.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Wed 28 Dec 2016 - 3:46

PSVT wrote:
Thescarredman wrote:Pino knocked Triela out with a hard blow to the chin; how much harder a head strike would it take to kill?

I'd imagine the same amount of force as for a normal human. It's their one major weakness (in multiple ways, but we're just focusing on the physical), that they have regular human brains instead of microprocessors in their heads. Thus, any brain trauma very likely will severely kill or injure the cyborgs. I don't know what effect the conditioning medication would have, but in terms of physical injury, I'd suspect probably not much if at all.

Alfisti wrote:I always liked Voodoo's 30m rule, not just because it gave us Marisa, but also because it was an extra twist in the tail for any cyborg going swimming.

Indeed. But, still, Marisa. Very Happy

Overall, I think cyborgs are actually a lot more fragile than we'd like to believe. Sure, they're capable of sustaining a lot of damage, but how much of it is due to innate protection and how much of it is due to the conditioning medication making them ignore their pain. Indeed, ignoring shots to the eyes, even regular pistol rounds can kill a cyborg like any normal human if the bleeding isn't addressed soon enough. It's just that the cyborgs aren't going to flinch upon being hit, and are likely to rip the head off of the shooter.
I think what you said was flawed , From the viewpoint of a trainee doctor .

Our cyborgs , medical perspective , are extremely durable with extremely high physical strength and extremely formidable spirit , with replaceable body parts . These things makes them the perfect , the dream of all mankind so far .

For example :Triela had lost an eye in battle with Pino and then was replaced by a different eye ( I do not know if it was her old eye or an artificial eye) And in her last battle, she had lost an arm and a leg but do not bleed (seriously, the wound closed itself) she hardly felt the pain and can still fight effectively to the last minute . Also there are another chapter in which she was transplanted a new leg by SWA doctors , as I remember is because she is growing in height . She also still has periods, and can give birth normally (in theory). In fact . Triela really is a unique case : She was one of the first generation, but unlike the others, she still can maintain the function of a normal body. Hormones are secreted steadily help her continue to grow and mature as a normal person . Her bones continued to grow and the muscles continue to develop (her boobs) . Claes , although also is a first generation , was forced to take testosterone pills to maintain the functions of her body 

If the story continued and they can continue research to 3rd or 4th generation . It is likely that we will see the Call of duty : Advanced warfare in reality and people will abandon their natural limbs in exchange for artificial limbs, daily.

"Your world as you knew it is gone. How far would you go to bring it back? "
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Forum Posts : 476

Fan of : Yu Aida

Original Characters : Phong Linh . Silvya SilverFox

Comments : I'm back

Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by funkmachine Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 22:34

Triela is probably on a mix grow hormone and steroids as part of her anti rejection meds.
That would make there grow.
Also there probably mechanical valves on the larger blood vessels to stop any major blood loss by just shutting off blood flow.
Like wise such vessels are probably armoured, with say braided kevlar around the outside.
It wouldn't stop a bullet but it might stop a knife or a fragment or lump of shrapnel.

funkmachine

Male

Forum Posts : 95

Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Sun 8 Jan 2017 - 21:27

We're only 10 years away from the timeline of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but I believe we'll be able to voluntarily replace existing limbs and organs with better mechanical counterparts much sooner than 2027. 

Without the crazy ability to fire off Claymore pellets out of our spine, that is.

"Your world as you knew it is gone. How far would you go to bring it back? "
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Forum Posts : 476

Fan of : Yu Aida

Original Characters : Phong Linh . Silvya SilverFox

Comments : I'm back

Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 29 Aug 2018 - 6:26

San and Flo wrote:.50 calibre weapons

20mm weapons

eye-shots

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trailer

Baby by Justin Bieber

Deadly explosions

Cancer

Things that destroy cyborgs. 3Wpxt2J

Things that destroy cyborgs. Lazor2

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Wed 29 Aug 2018 - 7:37

Now I'm gonna have to look that song up.

If only my life was as simple as Rico's ... or Jean's.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Fri 1 Dec 2023 - 22:55

Three Dog wrote:I imagine airborne asphyxiation like chlorine gas, nitrogen, or phosgene would also put a cyborg out of commission, if not kill. I'm not sure how effective nerve agents would be since 'borgs seem to be able to shrug off getting shot or stabbed pretty well, so who knows what's going on with their nervous system.

Oh, and Vogon poetry. Razz
From what I read on wikipedia, nerve agents would affect cyborgs too.

However, you could have a scene where Marisa was in a room that was flooded with gas (the kind that kills by asphyxiation) but survives because she can hold her breath for long periods of time (20 minutes according to Professor Voodoo's first story, but she has to saturate her blood with oxygen first so that may not be practical).

And she would probably enjoy Vogon poetry.

Odon

Male

Thescarredman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down