Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A GSG Review I Found...

4 posters

Go down

A GSG Review I Found... Empty A GSG Review I Found...

Post by Triela Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 23:55

I was browsing through Tumblr and I saw that someone had recently reviewed my favorite anime and gave it a 1 out of 5. They call it a "feminist" review. Curious I read the review, I love reading any review of this series. It is anything but a feminist review, this was a feminazi review. What I read shocked me and had me laughing at the absurdity of it all. 

Apparently Gunslinger Girl was ruined by the male gaze and is nothing but a lolicon anime. Ummmm I don't know if this person has ever seen a show MEANT to be a creepy lolicon show or if this person saw GSG and just assumed that's all lolicon is... A show with young girls as main characters. Apparently rape can never be used to form a tragic backstory ever now. Now Henrietta is being "objectified" because while she's shooting her P-90 in episode one, there's a shot of her legs. SO SCANDALOUS!!! The reviewer said that it was creepy that the show is emphasizing how young and small they are. Ummm it IS meant to show how small they are because they're little girls who were reborn as cyborgs, not for men to ogle their feet that barely touch the ground. -_- Apparently Henrietta getting up after crouching to advance into the room is explicitly sexual. Riiiiight... NO I could go on and on about how WRONG this person is. Tumblr has feminists (me) and then there are "feminists" (her). 

Here's the full review for a good laugh: http://thelilinblog.tumblr.com/post/139363223268/gunslinger-girl-tenkū-no-escaflowne-madhouse
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

A GSG Review I Found... Empty Re: A GSG Review I Found...

Post by FireTrooper113 Tue 16 Feb 2016 - 11:50

Couldn't get halfway through the first paragraph before my eyes crossed.
FireTrooper113
FireTrooper113

Male

Forum Posts : 87

Fan of : The original five cyborgs and their handlers.

Original Characters : Not something I'm interested in, at least for now.

Comments : Most like to see things in black and white, I see them in gray. ....Pink would be nice, or red, hell let's throw some green in there too.

Registration date : 2014-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Tue 16 Feb 2016 - 14:51

Reminds me of a review I once read about Heinlein's "Starship Troopers' (the excellent book, not the lame series of movies) where the critic ranted endlessly about the essential wrongness of books that glorify war and militarism in general (if you've never read it, 'Starship Troopers' is a lot of things, but it isn't a novel that glorifies war.). When he started referring to Heinlein's Mobile Infantrymen as 'swaggering leather boys', I knew the putz was reviewing a book he'd never read.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT Tue 16 Feb 2016 - 21:00

I skimmed through the post , and even then it was pretty damned obvious that the person hadn't really watched the show, even despite her admission of not going past three episodes near the end of her diatribe. For that much I certainly wouldn't consider it a review. More of an ill-informed rant about something that has little to do with the actual show. So... Go figure Hopefully people who see that non-review recognize it for what it is, but I doubt it will change by much the opinions of those people interested in the show and those who aren't, especially when there are many more unbiased reviews from people who actually bothered to watch the show out there.
PSVT
PSVT

Male

Forum Posts : 556

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down