Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you became a handler...

+13
John_234
Hamster
Awinnell
MP5
Wingdking
Professor Voodoo
tremec6speed
Officer_Charon
Il Direttore
Kiskaloo
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika
boomer_gonz
Alfisti
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

If you became a handler... - Page 4 Empty Re: If you became a handler...

Post by Il Direttore Sat 11 May 2013 - 22:15

Alfisti wrote:
Alfisti wrote:On a side note, I'll be testing my theory on the 135i's pocket Grand Touring/continent-munching credentials next week by driving to Canberra and back. Not a huge trip admittedly but still enough to get some idea.
Also, 135i pocket-GT credentials: confirmed.
If you became a handler... - Page 4 8730633966_57eaaa9f91_b

After four hours sleep and fifteen solid behind the wheel, I got out in Canberra feeling relatively fresh. So notch that one up as a win.

I just wish it had a slightly larger fuel tank.

So, since you're Australian, does that mean that most everyone else will be more than satisfied with the fuel tank size?

Il Direttore

Forum Posts : 1003

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 11 May 2013 - 22:25

El Conservatore wrote:
Alfisti wrote:I just wish it had a slightly larger fuel tank.
So, since you're Australian, does that mean that most everyone else will be more than satisfied with the fuel tank size?
*Shrugs* Don't know, you tell me. On the highway the range calculator is saying about 650km (a smidge over 400miles) to a tank.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Sun 12 May 2013 - 8:28

We've had this discussion before, guys. Extra fuel capacity is nice, but not essential to travel in well-populated countries where filling stations are frequent. Otherwise a big tank just adds weight and lowers fuel efficiency. Unless you're chasing someone flat-out for two hundred miles, idling for six hours a day, or driving across Russia, big tanks are necessities only in special markets.

Thescarredman

Forum Posts : 2226

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 13 May 2013 - 4:28

Thescarredman wrote:We've had this discussion before, guys. Extra fuel capacity is nice, but not essential to travel in well-populated countries where filling stations are frequent. Otherwise a big tank just adds weight and lowers fuel efficiency. Unless you're chasing someone flat-out for two hundred miles, idling for six hours a day, or driving across Russia, big tanks are necessities only in special markets.
Funny you should mention Russia... because guess what J+M are doing right at this moment Razz

Admittedly they're an extreme case.

I actually agree with you... mostly. The rest being tempered by the fact that I live in what is probably considered a "special market" (Landcruisers are sold here with long-range tanks as standard), so part of me won't be convinced that, when it comes to range, more is not better.

That said: in all reality, my preference for a car with intergalactic cruising range is just personal taste. If I'm driving long distance, once I'm going, I would really prefer not to stop if at all possible, and instead just let the miles roll away under the tyres. In that respect, big fuel capacity is a bit like having big power: not a necessity, but it sure makes life easier and more relaxing.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Sun 2 Jun 2013 - 18:41

For the Social Welfare Agency i would suggest that:
If you became a handler... - Page 4 Large
If you became a handler... - Page 4 Large If you became a handler... - Page 4 Large
Audi's "Security" Version of the A8 L.
Features:
W12 Engine, bullet proof and of course, Audi's understatement, (aside the respect with more than 2,5 tons of weight.....).
Plus I guess the blue flashlights are already inculded. Razz

Schaschanist

Forum Posts : 816

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Sun 2 Jun 2013 - 19:36

Hey, glad yer back Schas, hadn't read from you in a while! Smile

tremec6speed

Forum Posts : 2037

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 3 Jun 2013 - 1:18

Schaschanist wrote:For the Social Welfare Agency i would suggest that:
If you became a handler... - Page 4 Large
If you became a handler... - Page 4 Large If you became a handler... - Page 4 Large
Audi's "Security" Version of the A8 L.
Features:
W12 Engine, bullet proof and of course, Audi's understatement, (aside the respect with more than 2,5 tons of weight.....).
Plus I guess the blue flashlights are already inculded. Razz
You have no idea how much I want a magnetic flashy light for the top of my car...

As to the A8: probably a bit much for a handler to buy/run on his own, but a definite possibility as an agency pool car.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 21:27

Alfisti wrote:But... I dunno... maybe it looks better in the metal but the more pictures I saw the more top and tail heavy it looked: the "big-hatch" proportions just don't seem to have worked so well on the smaller 3-series, particularly with the lower front of the new model. Long story short: it was struck from the lineup for being ugly.  If you became a handler... - Page 4 61015
So, I actually got a chance to look at a 3GT in the metal today... and it looks much better than in pictures. If they do a diesel x-drive version, it may well be a contender should I need to replace J+M's Audi.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 29 Sep 2013 - 3:21

A mate of mine recently bought himself an E30 325i coupe: a rather nice, unmolested (bar being dropped about an inch), 1990 model. Aside from the minor issue of being red it's pretty much perfect.

Since I'm apparently "the driver" (Puzzled ) in my group of friends, I got to have a go. After getting used to the high clutch take-up, I can honestly say I quite like that: it feels light, nicely balanced, and with a decent amount of power. Double bonus it starts every time and the aircon works. About the only thing it needed to be properly everyday usable would be cruise control (saver of licenses); for a fratello on a budget, a well-maintained example probably would not be a bad option... we'll see how this one goes reliability wise.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 21:02

I didn't realize MINI actually put the Rolls Royce Edition into production as the MINI Inspired by Goodwood.

So if I was a handler, that would be Option 2 instead of the DS4 as it uses the Cooper S mechanicals.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 6:11

Forget the BMW, the VWs, and the Polestar V60.

This is what I would have:
If you became a handler... - Page 4 Volvo-concept-estaste-5

And I would drive around listening to the theme from The Saint all the time.

Now there's just the small issue of getting Volvo to actually build the thing.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 May 2016 - 5:09

I would definitely drive a Maseratti Quattroporte S!
If you became a handler... - Page 4 IH3A0814
It is the perfect ride for a handler because:
1 - It is quintessentially Italian!!! The best luxury car ever made.
2 - It can go from 0 to 100 km/h in just 5.1 sec. Not the fastest but with more reliability. 
3 - It has a top speed of 285 km/h. Great for those high speed chases, just in case.

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Fri 6 May 2016 - 21:04

While I certainly understand and appreciate fancier cars like the Maseratti Quattroporte S, or Jose's Porche,  exploring possible enemy hideouts might require more common models like the Dacia, Fiat Tipo 1.3 multijet 2, or the Citrogen C4, or the Opel Adam, Volkswagen sedans too fit right in with population.
(souped up of course)
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 7 May 2016 - 2:22

Ashesofanotherlife wrote:I would definitely drive a Maseratti Quattroporte S!
If you became a handler... - Page 4 IH3A0814
It is the perfect ride for a handler because:
1 - It is quintessentially Italian!!! The best luxury car ever made.
2 - It can go from 0 to 100 km/h in just 5.1 sec. Not the fastest but with more reliability. 
3 - It has a top speed of 285 km/h. Great for those high speed chases, just in case.
It is, indeed, just flat out a really nice place to be (I had to make myself scarce for a bit today, so wound up doing the car-dealership crawl). Razz

That said, no interest in it's little (for a given value of "little", it's still a large executive saloon) brother, the Ghibli?
If you became a handler... - Page 4 2014-maserati-ghibli-s-q4-inline01-photo-586827-s-original

tremec6speed wrote:While I certainly understand and appreciate fancier cars like the Maseratti Quattroporte S, or Jose's Porche,  exploring possible enemy hideouts might require more common models like the Dacia, Fiat Tipo 1.3 multijet 2, or the Citrogen C4, or the Opel Adam, Volkswagen sedans too fit right in with population.
(souped up of course)

That's what the motorpool is for.  Wink
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum