Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer 2011 Anime

+8
NeverSleep
Entropy
SPARTAN 119
Five_X
Alfisti
Kiskaloo
Piero
MadHatChemist
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Summer 2011 Anime - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer 2011 Anime

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 22:01

sentai filmworks have announced the licensing of a number of Summer 2011 shows for release in 2012:

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée
Kami-sama no Memo-chō
No. 6
RO-KYU-BU FAST BREAK!

Also, they will release Senkou no Night Raid on the 16th of this month in Blu-ray.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 23:25

In my case I've dropped pretty much all the cute-service shows I'd started watching after a few episodes. Pure cute service doesn't really do it for me, I can appreciate cute but there's got to be some actual meat in there for me to be very appreciative. I have enjoyed Usagi Drop and Kamisama Dolls quite a bit though (although Kamisama dolls suffers somewhat from it's use of risque humour -I can actually appreciate risque humour but the stuff in Kamisama Dolls seems really cliched and typical).

Speaking of risque humour, I gave R-15 a chance. After all Ore no Imouto and B Gata H Kei also has horrible sounding premises and were good shows. But R-15 is lame and frankly kind of a bit much for me.

I dropped Blood C for being boring, and I'm not really inclined to dig into Appleseed XIII due to the crummy looking CGI and the fact that the heroine seemed so whiny compared to what I'd seen of her in a different version of Appleseed.

So I guess here's what I'm still more or less keeping up with:

Kamisama Dolls -generally pretty good although some cliches
No.6 -was losing me a bit but started picking up again
Usagi Drop -quite good although some of the artwork in the latest episode seemed pretty low detail

Carryovers:

Hanasaku Iroha -thought I felt it's been losing it a bit lately
Steinsgate
Tiger and Bunny (actually dropped this after one episode the season it started, but restarted it recently on someone's recommendation and found I liked it)

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 16:19

Mid-season review:

Blade - Better than Iron Man or Wolverine, but not as good as X-Men.

Blood-C - Things got real in Episode 06 and the show's violence level went up significantly (to the point they had to "light censor" the more graphic parts).

Dantalian no Shoka - Not sure about this one, but I think that is in no small part I don't understand what's going on.

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée - While Yune p0wns Rin for cuteness, I'd choose Rin every time if I was to adopt one of them. I'd watch this show just for Yune's "daw" factor, but there is some meat on the bones of this story. Alice Blanche is very annoying, but I am interested to see what develops between her sister Camille and Claude.

Kamisama no Memochou - Saved from being a show for lolicons (j/k) thanks to the strong story and interesting supporting cast.

Kamisama Dolls - Likely winner for "Most Disappointing" in that I am very interested in what I think is the main theme, but while Utao is hella cute, I find her presence to be detrimental to the show. I accept Hibino needs massive knockers to appeal to the Breast Otaku and I am sure Utao is Utao because this season's shows generally seem to demand a strong "cuteness factor". But this show could have been a contender if it had been more willing to not succumb to the tropes.

Mawaru Penguindrum - I still have no real clue what this show is about, though Episode 06 at least helped explain why Ringo is as nutty as a fruitcake. I swear this show's line-art is being drawn by SHAFT and Best Brains is just doing the ink and paint. Smile

Nekogami Yaoorozu - Like ice cream - a nice treat on a Summer's day.

THE iDOLM@STER - Like cotton candy - very sweet, but very insubstantial. The OAV was significantly better.

Usagi Drop - Hands down my favorite of the season and a clear finalist for a "Best of" award at the end of the year.

YuruYuri - Can't get enough Kyōko Toshinō and I am not ashamed to admit it.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 15:35

I never would have guessed it from the first episode, but I'm actually finding Ro-kyu-bu better than average for its genre. Tomoka's crush on Subaru is adorable in a "Nadeko pinning for Araragi" kind of way - they need to start dating once she's a little older. And while some of the episodes are the usual harem show antics, some of the plots are actually pretty interesting - the struggle to win their first game and the tactics involved, Why Natsuhi and Maho don't get along, etc. And weirdly for a harem show, I actually like two of the male characters - Subaru and Natsuhi. Could do with less lolicon fanservice though.

Of course, its nowhere near as good as Ikoku Meiro no Croisee but "cute plus plot" shows as good as IMnC are rather rare.

(If you're into the genre, make sure you watch Kurenai (the TV series, no the OVAs) at some point. I recently rewatched it and its every bit as good as I remember it being in 2008.)

Kiskaloo wrote:
Kamisama no Memochou - Saved from being a show for lolicons (j/k) thanks to the strong story and interesting supporting cast.

To be honest, I never thought Alice was that loli-looking until I saw a picture of her next to the male lead drawn by the original artist.

Kiskaloo wrote:
Kamisama Dolls - Likely winner for "Most Disappointing" in that I am very interested in what I think is the main theme, but while Utao is hella cute, I find her presence to be detrimental to the show. I accept Hibino needs massive knockers to appeal to the Breast Otaku and I am sure Utao is Utao because this season's shows generally seem to demand a strong "cuteness factor". But this show could have been a contender if it had been more willing to not succumb to the tropes.

I don't know, I personally think that Utao adds a lot to the show. That Kyohei is both reliant on her power and obligated to keep her safe adds a lot of tension and his interactions with her actually helped flesh out his character a lot. Plus, I love the way she treats Kukuri as if it were a pet of some kind. And I loved the scene with Hibino talking to Aki last episode too. Overall, this is definitely a favourite of the season.

I will, however, admit that the "cake" scene in episode three got in the way. That's what the staff gets for spending several minutes of an episode on a freaking omake from the manga that wasn't even that lengthy in the original.

Kiskaloo wrote:
THE iDOLM@STER - Like cotton candy - very sweet, but very insubstantial. The OAV was significantly better.

Eheh... my friend and I actually decided to catch up on Idolmaster last night (after a Redline screening, which was amazing) by marathoning 5-8 in one go, they watched the OVA for kicks. It felt like going from Kanon 2006 to Kanon 2002.

I find it hard to give an overall rating for this one... I loved episode 1 and the whole 5-8 strech (well, six was so-so), but episodes 2-4 were frankly awful.

Nobody seems to be mentioning Hanasaku Iroha or Steins;Gate despite the fact they're still running. Hanasaku Iroha has picked up again in recent weeks after a week episode 14-17 stretch - episode 20 in particular was very impressive - and Steins:Gate has been strong pretty much throughout.

0utf0xZer0

Forum Posts : 265

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 15:51

0utf0xZer0 wrote:Nobody seems to be mentioning Hanasaku Iroha or Steins;Gate despite the fact they're still running. Hanasaku Iroha has picked up again in recent weeks after a week episode 14-17 stretch - episode 20 in particular was very impressive - and Steins:Gate has been strong pretty much throughout.

I continue to enjoy Hanasaku Iroha immensely. As for Steins;Gate, the second half has been significantly better than the first. The show should have been 13 episodes, instead of 26, as tighter pacing and less "dipshit Okarin" would have done wonders. Nichijou also has been solid it's entire run.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 12:29

Damn am I late on this. However... ON WITH DA SHOWZ!!

Nothing much caught my interest this season.

Mayo Chiki = It looks cute to feed my diabbeetus addiction and it's got a trap...and trap's are funny. I don't care what anybody says. Yes Baka to Test has one too, but the animation in the trailers kinda turned me off.

Blood-C = Rated R Cardcaptors FTW!!

R-15 = From my guess it's "What if Francesca Luchinni's(from Strike Witches for those who don't know) family went roughshod over a high school?"

Blade = Fuck yeah, 'nuff said.

Kamisama Dolls = Interesting school premise....and no loli's this time. Thank the good lord we're getting back to 1980's standard of realism decency here.

Manyuu Hiken­chou = A series about powerful breasts...didn't know Ikki Tousen needed a spin-off, but oh well; I'm game. If nothing else it should be at least LOL-tastic in one form or another.

EDIT: Reviews later when I have a day off...which might be some time next month...maybe. Just in time for Fall. Razz

boomer_gonz

Forum Posts : 2574

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 17:19

WOO!! Reviews by the day until I'm caught up...sort of.

Mayo-Chiki- (1&2)
- The trap is a reverse trap so points already for catching me off guard and also for an ultra-funny intro. So far, it's awkwardly funny; but enjoyably so. The circumstances of the story also earn points as it is unique in its premise. Strangely enough though; The character of Kanade Suzutsuki reminds me a lot of Dr. Sakurai from Kengo Yonekura's Pink Sniper.

boomer_gonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 23:07

The promo episode for the second series of Working!! is out. The series itself starts on October 1st.

And I really enjoyed Episode 4.5 of Ikoku Meiro no Croisée.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 3:07

Anyone watched this week's Kamisama Dolls yet? Really intense episode. And Kana Hanazawa really surprised me as Miharu... I know that she's apparently mentioned wanting to play an evil character, but damn, that was the voice behind Nadeko, Tenshi/Kanade, Mayuri, and even little Tomoka?

Awesome Steins;Gate this week too. The plot direction makes me think the writers might have been Ever 17 fans, which is cool since that's my favourite visual novel ever.

As for Ikoku Meiro no Croisee... am I the only one who can't shake the thought that Camille may have kinky intentions towards Claude?

I know that Kana Hanazawa apparently said something about wanting to play an evil character in the past, but she seemed really
into it in this week's Kamisama Dolls. Seriously, that was the voice
actress behind Nadeko, Kanade, Mayuri, and even little Tomoka, and who
is supposedly a bit shy IRL?

0utf0xZer0

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 4:20

Kiskaloo wrote:The promo episode for the second series of Working!! is out. The series itself starts on October 1st.
Eeexcellent...
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 4:37

0utf0xZer0 wrote:Anyone watched this week's Kamisama Dolls yet? Really intense episode.

Yeah, it was solid.

0utf0xZer0 wrote:As for Ikoku Meiro no Croisee... am I the only one who can't shake the thought that Camille may have kinky intentions towards Claude?

I believe she has feelings for him, but his lower station in life probably precludes any hope of acting on them.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 16:59

Just caught up with Mayo Chiki! (anime that is; manga downloading as I type this) and I must say that it surprises the hell out of me.

With so many overlapping plot circles going on, it would normally be easy to get lost, but I haven't felt that way yet. What's also great about this series is the concept I haven't scene since Ramna 1/2; the double harem.

Although I admit that it IS rare due to the fact that it's very difficult to successfully pull off; but in Mayo Chiki! it's done superbly. Here's to hoping the latest epi, won't dash my hopes of putting this series on my top 10.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 4:20

Since I don't know where else to put it: and interesting and fun interview with Takatsu Ayana (Kirino, Azusa) and Kana Hanazawa (Nadeko, Tenshi, Kuroneko, Mayuri, etc) on loli characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4z4O_NGHlI&feature=channel_video_title

LOL at the bit about Yuuki Aoi... for those that don't know about her, consider that she's wearing heels in these pictures:
http://hashihime.blogspot.com/2011/04/yuuki-aoi-kotobuki-minako-hayami-saori.html

boomer_gonz wrote:Just caught up with Mayo Chiki! (anime that is; manga downloading as I type this) and I must say that it surprises the hell out of me.

With so many overlapping plot circles going on, it would normally be easy to get lost, but I haven't felt that way yet. What's also great about this series is the concept I haven't scene since Ramna 1/2; the double harem.

Although I admit that it IS rare due to the fact that it's very difficult to successfully pull off; but in Mayo Chiki! it's done superbly. Here's to hoping the latest epi, won't dash my hopes of putting this series on my top 10.

Hmmm... I originally intended to watch Mayo Chiki with my girlfriend but
she started watching on her own and got way ahead of me. Hadn't though
to catch up because I assumed it was just a generic harem that happened
to have one really interesting kinky girl in it... might have to try
and catch up, although that'll be hard with my schedule.
0utf0xZer0
0utf0xZer0

Male

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 13:24

Piero wrote:I dropped Blood C for being boring...

It is anything but, now. It's so intense they have to censor it.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 19:51

Just got done watching the first episode of Manyuu Hiken­chou and all I have to say is "...Really?"

The fan service is first rate, but that is the only thing even remotely appealing so far. The mention and off-screen imagery of "breast slashing" sent chills up my spine as it gave me memories of Tears of the Sun(excellent movie BTW); only to be let down later as the "slashing" isn't so much actual slashing Afro Samurai- style as it is to deflation by sword...like a leaking balloon...yeeeah.

Add to it that, the main character "absorbs" the breasts she enhances and after the initial laughs, logic kicks in and it gets really silly in a bad way.

I'm gonna give it the mandatory three episode test, but I have little hope for this series.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 18:19

Mayo-Chiki!! continues to impress with it's adorable content. Look forward to the next epi.

Just saw the first episode of Kamisama Dolls; and my first impression is "Hmm....i---nteresting; tell me more Watson."

Through the first part of the epi. I couldn't help go through the cliche's.

Super explosion to start the show, wussy protagonist, crazy hot female who just happens to be protagonist's childhood friend, also I couldn't help but laugh when it was mentioned that said female turned down every caller, but is endeared to said protagonist. I actually screamed, "Dude, take a hint! She wants you to wheel her!!"(thanks nacht Very Happy )

But then it was all like "Dude, someone freakin' exploded...Scanners-style!!"

So now I am invested. More later.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 20:07

You know, as much as I like Ro-Kyu-Bu, I must admit I can't imagine myself wearing the series t-shirt:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10161763
...who buys these things?

boomer_gonz wrote:Mayo-Chiki!! continues to impress with it's adorable content. Look forward to the next epi.

Just saw the first episode of Kamisama Dolls; and my first impression is "Hmm....i---nteresting; tell me more Watson."

Through the first part of the epi. I couldn't help go through the cliche's.

Super explosion to start the show, wussy protagonist, crazy hot female who just happens to be protagonist's childhood friend, also I couldn't help but laugh when it was mentioned that said female turned down every caller, but is endeared to said protagonist. I actually screamed, "Dude, take a hint! She wants you to wheel her!!"(thanks nacht Very Happy )

But then it was all like "Dude, someone freakin' exploded...Scanners-style!!"

So now I am invested. More later.

My observation on Kyohei is that he's at his best when he's acting as a big brother to Utao, I think Hibino actually makes the same observation within the show itself.
0utf0xZer0
0utf0xZer0

Male

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 20:47

boomer_gonz wrote:Mayo-Chiki!! continues to impress with it's adorable content. Look forward to the next epi.

A handful of last season's shows are soon to end, so I guess I'll give Mayo Chiki another chance (the first two episodes did not wow me, so I stopped watching).

boomer_gonz wrote:Just saw the first episode of Kamisama Dolls; and my first impression is "Hmm....i---nteresting; tell me more Watson."

I'm also invested so I will finish it, but at the moment I firmly believe it could have been a good bit better than it is.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 17:58

Usagi Drop: A++

The final chorus of the OP is "Just wanna make you happy" and every minute of this show did just that.

I wish it had run 111 episodes.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropy Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 18:48

Kiskaloo wrote:Usagi Drop: A++

The final chorus of the OP is "Just wanna make you happy" and every minute of this show did just that.

I wish it had run 111 episodes.

Just pray as hard as you can that they don't decide to do a second season, yeah?
Entropy
Entropy

Male

Forum Posts : 347

Original Characters : Livia/Nero

Comments : The wonderful human being previously known as tsundere357

Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 21:08

Entropy wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:Usagi Drop: A++

Just pray as hard as you can that they don't decide to do a second season, yeah?

Honestly, yes. I want to remember this show as the gem it was and if they muffed it during a second season, my soul would literally be crushed.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 15:33

Blade - B+

I'm a huge fan of the movies with Wesley Snipes, so I was pre-disposed to like this. Even so, it did not disappoint (well, except for Episode 11) and the tie-ins with Wolverine were appropriate to the story and not just a way to try and draw viewers.

I'd like to see this collaboration extended to other Marvel properties.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 19 Sep 2011 - 9:15

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee - A

In a Summer anime season where you could not swing a stuffed neko-busu without hitting a cute girl, Yune was the most adorable.

And yet, this show was so much more than just "cute girl being cute", especially episode 11.

Another one I hope they don't do a sequel to. Let me remember the magic.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 19 Sep 2011 - 20:38

Yuruyuri - A-

I enjoyed it because of Kyōko Toshinō, but the whole show's ridiculousness just made me LOL in enjoyment.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 17:27; edited 2 times in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropy Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 19:47

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee was a relatively good slice-of-life with an interesting premise that made decent use of a historical setting to tell a story that was good enough to hold my attention the whole way through. That being said, I can't see myself going back and watching it again (unless they do something awesome like a French dub). There wasn't much that stood out about it. In some ways I hope for a sequel to this one in particular, because there seemed to be two prominent plot lines that just didn't go anywhere, and they both have potential (SPOILER) like Camille and Claude's possible love and Yune's sister (SPOILER). Seems like a waste to just end it where it did.

No. 6 was surprisingly good for an 11-episode sci-fi/dystopia, sort of like the one above I think it would have been better if it were given more time to develop and flesh out the world. The world and the character interactions were engaging and the primary relationship was very well done. The themes, art, and animation were stand-out, which is expected of Bones. I would recommend it, even if the yaoi themes aren't your thing.

Mawaru Penguindrum keeps getting better and deeper as things go wrong. It's a strange but working mixture of supernatural/sci-fi wackiness, trippiness, comedy, philosophical themes, and heavy drama that seems purely one-of-a-kind. Easily my favorite anime original since Madoka earlier this year.

Usagi Drop was a faithful adaptation that really captured the simultaneously mature and child-like feel of the manga. I sort of feel cheated, though, as I feel it would have been really nice to go into the anime not already knowing the story, but I still found myself waiting for it every week. Unfortunately I also knows what happens AFTER the anime story ends in the manga, and my biggest advice would be pretend like there is no more and not to seek out any manga chapters after Vol. 4.

Nichijou appears to be ending on an appropriately heartwarming note. Though I frequently felt like the comedy in the show was rather hit-and-miss, there are some episodes that are unforgettable. It will go up there as a classic of comedy anime, I think, like Pani Poni Dash or Lucky Star.
Entropy
Entropy

Male

Forum Posts : 347

Original Characters : Livia/Nero

Comments : The wonderful human being previously known as tsundere357

Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 20:00

Entropy wrote:Mawaru Penguindrum keeps getting better and deeper as things go wrong.

The more I watch it, the less I understand it, but I do want to stick around to see how it ends.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 23 Sep 2011 - 11:52

The iDOLM@STER [Part I] - C+

Lots of cute girls being cute, but that was it. Little story. Little characterization. Little interest to watch it again.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 8:04; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 19:44

Kamisama no Memochou: B+

Overall, a NEET show to watch. Wink

Seriously, I enjoyed the show, especially the last episode, which tied up everything nicely.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 21:08

Kamisama Dolls: B

Coulda been an a contender if it had taken itself more seriously.

Nekogami Yaoyorozu: B

Very enjoyable and light fare.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 29 Sep 2011 - 21:00

Blood-C: B+

The stand-out surprise of the season. The second half was an entirely different show than the first half and as far away from CLAMP's usual fare as, say, SHAFT! doing a film noir anime. The last two episodes were in the Puella Magi Madoka Magica school of screwing with your audience's mind.

If Tarantino directed anime, he'd have directed Blood-C as the violence and gore pay are as shocking and over the top as we have seen in some of his films.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 17:35

Dantalian no Shoka - B

Still not fully cognizant on what was happening, but I did find it interesting and enjoyable.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist Tue 25 Oct 2011 - 0:12

Usagi Drop -- Best of the Summer shows. It had cuteness that didn't degenerate into Moe-blob moronicity. Rin was both cute and realistic. Daikichi was clearly the most manly male character of the year so far.

No. 6 -- This show had somuch potential, but wasted it on silly plots, Gaia mysticism, and BL.

Nekogami Yaoyorozu -- I've only gotten half-way, but liked that faxt that they dispensed with the Moe and gave their characters some attitude.

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee -- Another cute show with a cute Loli, and though it was int he Moe-style, it carried itself well.

Kamisama Dolls -- Overall I enjoyed the show, particularly the parts where the characters go bat-s**t insane. Too bad it left off without a good end (from what I've heard, there probably won't be a second season)

Kami-sama no Memo-cho
-- The arcs were overall hit-and-miss, but the last one sealed it as a good series to check out.

Yuru Yuri -- You can't go wrong with ridiculous lesbianic antics!

Morita-san wa Mukuchi -- Short and lowkey, It is good in small doses, which is good because it is only 3 minutes long.
MadHatChemist
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 13:05

NIS America announced that they will be releasing Usagi Drop this August. The Usagi Drop Complete Series Premium Edition consists of 11 episodes on 2 Blu-rays and 2 DVD and comes in a highly collectible sturdy slipcase with the hardcover art book depicting the various joys and tribulations Daikichi & Rin experience during their first year together.

cheers
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Tue 24 Jul 2012 - 2:37

I am late to this party, but I'm finally watching Usagi Drop - this show was exactly what I needed after today. It cleanses the soul, and makes you realise that despite tribulations, all will work out if you work hard enough at being a parent - at being a man.

It REALLY speaks to me as a father - I look forward to having a similar relationship with my daughter that Daikichi has with Rin.
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 24 Jul 2012 - 8:58

That show was a sheet cake of victory.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2