Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LYNDIST

+2
Lyndist
Nachtsider
6 posters

Go down

LYNDIST Empty LYNDIST

Post by Nachtsider Sun 17 Apr 2011 - 0:53

A romantic dinner? Seriously?

Keep doing stuff like that and you won't last long here, pal.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

LYNDIST Empty Re: LYNDIST

Post by Lyndist Sun 17 Apr 2011 - 9:08

Yah. a romantic dinner, what is the problem?

or .... you jealous of me.pal
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Forum Posts : 476

Fan of : Yu Aida

Original Characters : Phong Linh . Silvya SilverFox

Comments : I'm back

Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 17 Apr 2011 - 11:48

Wow. Just wow. You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?

Your words made her very nervous, genius. She told me so. You don't even know her (you met her over the INTERNET, for goodness' sakes) and you already want a romantic dinner? Any girl would end up thinking twice about meeting you.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Sun 17 Apr 2011 - 12:37

oh ... I'm sorry

I just want a meeting between friends. The more crowded the more pleased - if you can join it would be fun

What about romantic dinner .... it's a good idea - really. I want a good memory - and there is nothing more than a nice dinner with one lovely girl

I do not fly to the U.S. daily
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Sun 17 Apr 2011 - 13:12

What you said in the other topic made me feel really uncomfortable. It came on as very strong to make a simple meet up into a romantic thing when we don't know each other.

Last edited by Triela on Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 1:38; edited 1 time in total
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 1:29

possible language differences make us misunderstand

I want a meeting between friends. perhaps "romantic dinner" is a strong word and make people misunderstand here. When Triela replied that she was in New York . I think "Wow, a girl (and she's very pretty) would lead me to visit - maybe I should invite her to dinner" - and write it out

First , I want to invite people to a dinner, chat, meet and have a fun time-no more no less .When it comes to candles, good food and music: I want a perfect dinner and make a good impression - and I want to joking a little(I also have little jokes when talking about "romantic dinner" at the other threads). I do not know anything about New York and did not know how to ride the subway - I think I need a guide, and more great than when it was a lovely girl

But tell the true: I am a guy, and a dinner with a beautiful girl in a beautiful country - it is truly amazing

If this makes people misunderstand and have bad impression on me, too bad - my bad English made ​​me be misunderstood

I'm sorry
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 3:18

Lyndist, I too live in NYC.
I'll make this point loud and clear. Dont come here. Dont let me know you are here. Dont let somebody tell me that you scared the shit out of them. I can be and will be a very vindictive person wen need be.

What you said in this and other posts here, regardless of it being Bad English or Not, should have been your responsibility check and recheck what you said and how you say it. You did not.

Lyndist wrote:If this makes people misunderstand and have bad impression on me, too bad - my bad English made ​​me be misunderstood
'too bad' make you sound like you dont care even though you are trying to apologize. Again- your responsibility check and recheck what you said and how you say it. You did not.

Triela - if this happens again, PM me and we'll exchange personal info, and I'll be where ever I have to be as fast as I can be.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 4:03

I see that you are older than me (48 years old compared to 26 years). At my place, we were always taught to respect the elderly. and I respect you as a friend that have the same interests - on the internet, we have equality.

I repeat again: I'm not good at English, my grammar is the worst in class. and I hard to say exactly like you. So do not search every word I said and speculated about my attitude .I tried politely as possible OK

I want a fun trip. not mean to rude or offensive. I have little jokes about the dinner-and that's all. and you jump as if I had offended Triela . If Triela not like it, I can not do anything about it - so, what the problem is ?. I can not go to her house and forced her to have dinner with me. You guys do not have a little humor

The first post in the topic I made ​​it clear: Shopping, buy some manga gunslinger girl, find a place to shoot several guns that I have ever used. and find a restaurant to eat, chat

I say loud and clear: I do not want any misunderstanding about the attitude or my behavior anymore. I respect everybody in here like you respect me

say about you ElfenMagix : I do not know what you can do and do not want to know. America has laws - like in this forum. If you have a hostile attitude - I'm ready and absolutely no fear.

Last edited by lyndist on Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 4:43; edited 1 time in total
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 4:25

also talk about a romantic dinner: it was a joke. and I do not care about it very much

I told I was going to New York and if I want to meet people on the forum in New York. Triela say "I'm in New York and I'm free. " I joking that "I prefer a romantic dinner. " then people jumped in and believe that is true. WOW - if I say I came to blow the white house - bet you also believe that is true

Nachtsider first, then the next ElfenMagix. WOW. I initially thought "this is a joke. " but there ElfenMagix hostile with me - and I do not like that
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 15:24

Understand something, boss... even though you considered it a joke, it definitely didn't come across like that. Especially for Triela, who has had a rough time lately.

I know it's exciting to meet folks in real life whom you know from the internet: I get it. But making a joke like that is not appropriate at all.

These guys are protective of Triela because they've known her for a while, they've helped her through some tough times, and they don't want to see her get hurt. It's something that happens too often.

With a few poorly-chosen words, you said the exact wrong thing, designed to bring out fear in Triela, and the protective big brother in her friends here.

Next time, perhaps consider choosing your words with greater care, and realise that what you consider to be friendly, the rest of us consider to be dangerous.
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 16:38

I don't know what happened and i don't really want to know it.

But let tell you something:
I NEVER was the best in English, never had spoken English before school and really hated it in school cause of my bad skills.
But since I'm here i learned really alot about English, grammar, sentence structure, word order and other specialties of that language.
I still learn every day and I'm not the best but i managed to discuss and think complete in English.

I know how important the word order in sentences is, it's nearly exactly the same like in German, a simple misplaced word changes the complete meaning of a statement.
Maybe it's a bit different in other culture's languages but in English it's very important.
I don't mean it bad, i just say that as a German guy who had similar problems earlier.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 816

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 20:20

Charon kinda voiced exactly what I was feeling. Thanks for your words you guys, you really are the big brothers I never had. :3

Lyndist, I don't want to make you feel too bad, I just expressed my feelings about how I felt. You made me feel uncomfortable, and to say that to a young girl on the internet whom you you don't know it's natural to feel uneasy, especially when I said I might meet up with you.

Don't let not knowing english very well impede you from knowing how it would make people feel. If you said what you said in any language the reaction would pretty much be the same. The little red flag goes up regardless of the language.
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 21:51

Lyndist,
There are laws in America and in other nations in this planet. Big deal, the laws of the US does not apply to this forum for the location of this forum and its server is not in the US.

You feel afraid of me? Big deal, Now you have some idea on how Triela might be feeling. But I'm going to tell you this.

Chill.

Since day one, since you have posted here on various threads, you try to make yourself the know-it-all and the be-all of everything weapons, military and war. You have gotten on a lot of people's nerves, especially to some of us- the Administrators of this forum. Especially with me. I have basically had enough of what you have to say, and now you scared a member? You are damned lucky I did not press the Ban button on you and your rotating IP numbers. Consider it as a second chance.

I am not talking about this whole issue with Triela, but this is just the tip of an iceberg of other issues that adds up to one big problem that has you as its center. I am willing to help out any member of this forum when I have the time and energy to do so. All they have to do is ask. At worse, I will say, No. But not knowing English, in an English centered forum that this is is going to cause you misunderstandings that will lead to problems. I say is you should think on what you written then make sure it is what you want to say before you send it. If you get it right, trigger-happy people will not be so eager to shot first and ask questions later.

As you see, there are many people here who do not speak English as their native language. They do not have the problems you do because they try to say what they want to say in English and check to see if it is what they want to say. You're not alone in this.

All I can say at this point is 'Do Better.'

I just received a complaint form another member that you used his OCs without his permission.

I'm going to find where this was done and I am going to put my admin powers to fix the damage done.

ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 23:49

I would say first: I'm not afraid of you - I respect you. As I said, "on the internet - we are all equal. " We need not be hostile to each other, all just a misunderstanding. OK. Let me repeat once again: It's all a misunderstanding

If I cause trouble on the forum, as moderator - you can PM me so I can fix them. Do not delete or lock threads of others without speaking to them -If you find the information I have provided false or useless-Speak to me and I will not post them up again.

Triela - I sincerely apologize for the trouble I caused you. I do not have any bad intentions when I planned to visit your city. But what happens these days that makes you feel uncomfortable when you see me. I completely understand and make an appointment again another time - when all the misunderstandings are resolved. -I will invite you to a meal, as friends have the same interests .I was also jealous because you have good friends on the forum - which is rare in modern times

Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 23:59

These are my last words in this Topic - I do not want to add more misunderstandings.
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 1:09

Okay, show's over.

Let this be a lesson to you, lyndist, that you ought to watch what you say here and elsewhere.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down