Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model 1911 Custom (MGS)

+4
Officer_Charon
Professor Voodoo
Nachtsider
Awinnell
8 posters

Go down

Model 1911 Custom (MGS) Empty Model 1911 Custom (MGS)

Post by Guest Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 4:45

Model 1911 Custom (MGS) 1911custom
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) M1911g1
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) 3556559869_e3fabf0fa1
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) 3556560087_fb0bf11285
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) 3557371006_370598e058
The legendary custom handgun used by Naked Snake during Operation Snake Eater in 1964.
Even after 40 years, this gun is still in prime condition. Its parts work together with watch-like precision, resulting in both unparalleled performance and remarkably facile handling. Uses 45-caliber ammo. Holds 7 rounds.
Has an extremely high fire rate and high stopping power.

Type: Pistol (Handgun)
Weight: 1.0kg
Range: 100.0m
Power: 450
Caliber: .45 ACP
Magazine Capacity: 7+1
CQC Compatibility: Yes
Customization: Suppressor (1911)
DMG (Damage): D
SHK (Shock): C
PNT (Penetration): E
STB (Stability): A
RLD (Reload): S
LKD (Locked): S

Well I love this gun and the game. This gun is possible to be appear in real-life. Rumor is, Hideo Kojima owned this gun.

Last edited by MasterChiefSnake on Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 21:53; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Model 1911 Custom (MGS) Empty Re: Model 1911 Custom (MGS)

Post by Awinnell Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 7:47

Nice gun, but your point Is ?
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 9:04

Awinnell wrote:Nice gun, but your point Is ?
Thank you. Very Happy But I don't know what the point Is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 9:10

His point is that he's a big fan of Snake and Snake's weapons. So much so that he sees it fit to make a thread about Snake's pistol.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 9:46

Model 1911 Custom (MGS) Boxiet10

you mean this guy?
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 10:14

XD Yep, you're right Nachtsider. I am the fan of Metal Gear Solid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 16:35

Thought you were talking about an entirely different Snake there...
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) Snake210
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 18:54

Up top, Prof! *highfive*
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 19:35

I never understood how the guards in the original Metal Gear could not figure out that the damn cardboard box wasn't just moving, but generally stalking them.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 21:35

I prefer the Operator pistol better. that thing had a built-in guide rod laser sight.
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 21:51

MP5 wrote:I prefer the Operator pistol better. that thing had a built-in guide rod laser sight.
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) Snake_.45
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) Mgs4_operator_9
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) Mgs4_operator_5
Metal Gear Solid 4
vs.
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) 3556485681_fd5bf40d79
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) 3557295642_a15fc268b5
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) 3556486339_8bf4bb21b3
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) 3557296682_36af885bc7
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) 1071-operator-2
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) 1070-operator-1
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) 1069-operator
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) 1075-operator-6
Model 1911 Custom (MGS) 1073-operator-4
Real-Life

Can you compare the Springfield Operator?

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 22:08

The springfield operator in-game probably used an aftermarket LaserMax Guide Rod Sight
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 7:54

well if you want a really silenced gun ,try the De lisle silenced carbine .45

Model 1911 Custom (MGS) Delisl10

have to be within 2 ft of it to hear it
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 18:23

The 4th picture of the first series shows the barrel is plugged solid, making it a cheap toy.

Also looking at the others, its a standard 1911 with a Beaver Tail safety and Spurless Officer's hammer and lightened trigger. Also, each group of each gun is of a different 1911. Numbers, Logos, etc does not match from group to group. But the first gun on the first series does not have a beaver tail.

Really, get off the hype. You're talking about a gun that exists in games, and not in real life, though there are silenced 1911s out there. Its amazing how you go from one gun (that does not have a rail system on it) to another (that does), and think its the same gun! How does Rabello said it? Oh yeah, "You Think this Boishe Attitude if going to save you? You think that 1911s are all the same?!!"

Listen, I take the 1911 very seriously (in fact, I owned a couple of them and will be getting another when the time is right). In fact I take all guns seriously. A gun in a game is not the same as a gun in real life. You shoot somebody with a real gun, its not 10points on your score! Grow up and take things seriously. Dont Glorify a piece of metal, respect it.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 0:33

ElfenMagix wrote:The 4th picture of the first series shows the barrel is plugged solid, making it a cheap toy.

Also looking at the others, its a standard 1911 with a Beaver Tail safety and Spurless Officer's hammer and lightened trigger. Also, each group of each gun is of a different 1911. Numbers, Logos, etc does not match from group to group. But the first gun on the first series does not have a beaver tail.

Really, get off the hype. You're talking about a gun that exists in games, and not in real life, though there are silenced 1911s out there. Its amazing how you go from one gun (that does not have a rail system on it) to another (that does), and think its the same gun! How does Rabello said it? Oh yeah, "You Think this Boishe Attitude if going to save you? You think that 1911s are all the same?!!"

Listen, I take the 1911 very seriously (in fact, I owned a couple of them and will be getting another when the time is right). In fact I take all guns seriously. A gun in a game is not the same as a gun in real life. You shoot somebody with a real gun, its not 10points on your score! Grow up and take things seriously. Dont Glorify a piece of metal, respect it.
Ah, come on. I love Model 1911 pistol. But I rather choose 9mm Beretta Model 92FS. .45 is stronger than 9mm. So I choose, MEU(SOC) pistol. The Marine version of Model 1911. Because I want to be soldier. I'm going for USAF combat pilot first. Then I'm convert it to USMC soldier. I am interest in US military and JSDF.

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 1:23

MasterChiefSnake wrote:Because I want to be soldier. I'm going for USAF combat pilot first. Then I'm convert it to USMC soldier. I am interest in US military and JSDF.

Tomodachi, if you call a Marine a "soldier" you won't survive your first day. Trust me on this.

Elfen takes his weapons very seriously, because he's had to live by them. Anyone who has ever had to entrust their life to one will never, NEVER treat them as anything other than a tool to be respected. It just so happens that the item you're putting a lot of attention and child-like love towards, based on your experience from a game, is one that he's used in real life.

Those of us who have served in the military feel the same way about kids who talk about Call of Duty like it's a new gospel in the Bible.

It's great that you have a gun that you like... but understand that it is not a toy. It is not an idol. It is not something to idly praise, having never touched, never operated, never fired, never felt the recoil from, never smelt the burnt cordite and burning lubricant.

Do yourself a favor, if you can. Go to your local gun range. See if they have pistols to rent for use on their lanes. Fire about 100 rounds on several different types, and see what feels good to you. Remember that a gun is a tool intended for one thing only: removing someone's soul from their body.

Once you realise that this may be something that you will have to use to protect yourself or those you love, you may understand why Elfen takes his 1911's so seriously.
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 2:15

Officer_Charon wrote:
MasterChiefSnake wrote:Because I want to be soldier. I'm going for USAF combat pilot first. Then I'm convert it to USMC soldier. I am interest in US military and JSDF.

Tomodachi, if you call a Marine a "soldier" you won't survive your first day. Trust me on this.

Elfen takes his weapons very seriously, because he's had to live by them. Anyone who has ever had to entrust their life to one will never, NEVER treat them as anything other than a tool to be respected. It just so happens that the item you're putting a lot of attention and child-like love towards, based on your experience from a game, is one that he's used in real life.

Those of us who have served in the military feel the same way about kids who talk about Call of Duty like it's a new gospel in the Bible.

It's great that you have a gun that you like... but understand that it is not a toy. It is not an idol. It is not something to idly praise, having never touched, never operated, never fired, never felt the recoil from, never smelt the burnt cordite and burning lubricant.

Do yourself a favor, if you can. Go to your local gun range. See if they have pistols to rent for use on their lanes. Fire about 100 rounds on several different types, and see what feels good to you. Remember that a gun is a tool intended for one thing only: removing someone's soul from their body.

Once you realise that this may be something that you will have to use to protect yourself or those you love, you may understand why Elfen takes his 1911's so seriously.
I see. It the tough job. By the way. I am Call of Duty fan. Fine I trust you and Elfen. This gun is airsoft. It used for fun and training. But I decided to stay with USAF combat pilot and carry my own pistol with me. I want to live. It the serious hard time to work as Marine. They must to be professional soldier am I correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 4:45

My friend, there was no doubt in my mind that you were a Call of Duty fan.

I think you'll find that the reality of being a combat pilot is not at all what you imagine it to be now. If you are serious about it, then I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor.
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 7:10

Officer_Charon wrote:I think you'll find that the reality of being a combat pilot is not at all what you imagine it to be now. If you are serious about it, then I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor.
Yeah. I also fan of Ace Combat. But I like to see come out for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. I have Microsoft FSX (Flight Simulator X) on my PC.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 18:42

Thank you Officer Charon for the fine comments.

Master Chief Snake, You are too into games so deeply that it worries me. According to your age on what you posted, you're 19. At 19, you should be getting serious about what long term career goals you are to make for your life and your future family. You should be still in school at this point and learning how to fly in fight school, because the military will not pay for you to crash their planes. Military options should be Officer status when you get in. No pilot in the Airforce, Navy or Marines are lower than a Major, and many are Captains. ROTC is a big step to getting this this status. But unless you want to be a 'Lifer', your military career, even as a pilot, will be a good 10 years. You still have another 45+ to live your life, what now?

Like Officer Charon stated, I am a fanatical fan of the 1911. Its the only gun that I have used with zero issues and malfunctions. But my care of the weapon was a daily routine of checking it and not feeding it shitty rounds. Some would say that I cared for that gun better than I did my children, but that is another story. It is one of the few guns I know that you can dunk in water and you can shoot it without problems after taking it out of the water. I can not say that for the Barretta, and I know from experience (with early models) the Glock. They hit water, you have to dry them out before firing them. Though I will say that the Barretta and Glocks are great guns but I would not stake my life on one unless its my only choice.

The USMC MEU (SOC) is something the Marines created from common 1911 stock they had leftover from WWII, literally. They created this gun in response to failures of the Barretta pistols (after getting wet in the jungles and sand in the dessert). Its not the best 1911 out there but it is a better pistol than most 1911s, Glocks, and Barretta.

Another chief complaint, the 9mm is a defensive round. This means that if you shoot someone with it, depending on where they get shot, they will survive. A .45ACP is what they call a ManStopper. The 9mm has a bad habit of going through people. A .45ACP tranfers all its engery the body, disrupting cells and organs, putting the person in a state of shock. Very few have been hit by a .45 without body armour and got up to continue fighting. This is why police officers in shot outs with the 9mm have to hit a perpetrator more than once to take him down!

But it is as I say, it is not the gun that wins a gun fight, its the idiot behind the trigger.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 18:49

One caveat to that, Elfen: My Glock is a Gen2 21, and has stood up pretty well to abuse sustained from daily rigors of patrolling in an area with a high salt marsh content, and has fired (under range conditions) after being dropped in a mud puddle in late spring, just to illustrate a point made by our armorer Sgt. I don't know about Gen1 Glocks, but the Gen2+ have apparently worked out the kinks in their weather-proofing. *grins*
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 19:01

didn't mythbusters fire one underwater?
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 19:04

If they did, I missed that episode. Sounds like a worthy hunt!
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 19:31

The Glock 17 may be equipped with an optional set of maritime spring cups for use in water environments. Maritime spring cups are not intended for submerged firing, but for surface use by special ops teams who operate in and around water.
The maritime spring cups are two small parts within the firing pin assembly and are not included on any Model 17 sold by Glock (civilians can only get them through 3rd parties).

They insure that water can pass by the firing pin within the firing pin channel, thus preventing the creation of hydraulic force within the firing pin channel -- which would slow the firing pin down, causing light primer strikes.
With the special cups, the action will cycle reliably while submersed, if a little bit slower. NATO specification ammunition (such as Winchester's Ranger RA9124N) with waterproof sealed primers and case mouths is recommended.

Although you may install the maritime spring cups on any Glock model, *only* the Glock 17 was designed and intended to use the modified spring cups for aquatic firing -- and only then using 9mm ball ammunition to remain within acceptable pressure limits.

The foolhardy who insist on living dangerously must keep several things in mind: The Glock 17 must be fully submersed underwater. There must not be any air left within the pistol as the muzzle is pointed towards the surface of the water after submersion to allow the air in the barrel to escape. Use only full metal jacket, ball-type ammunition because the water within the barrel can spread a hollow point out within the barrel upon firing. This increases the bearing surface of the bullet to the barrel and could catastrophically increase pressures.

Even if the barrel doesn't burst, the expanded bullet would get even bigger upon exiting into the water and would slow down very quickly while tumbling. Accuracy would be terrible.

The marinized Glock 17 is primarily for use by various Special Warfare units operating in aquatic environments. At least one specialized Scuba diving group regularly uses G17's to dispatch sharks where they dive. The Glock 17 using NATO specification ball ammunition will completely penetrate a minimum of one 1/2" pine board at a distance of ten feet from the muzzle when fired underwater.

Trained personnel who use Glocks underwater know they must obey several rules:
1) use only a Glock Model 17 with amphibious spring cups (reliability issue);
2) use only 9mm FMJ subsonic, sealed primer ammo;
3) completely immerse the pistol and get *all* the air out of the barrel;
4) wear protective ear plugs, gloves, wet suit, face mask, etc.;
5) do not fire near solid objects or in enclosed spaces to prevent return
concussion.

However, any Glock -- even those not equipped with maritime spring cups -- will normally fire while submersed underwater. But doing so may generate excessive internal pressure and may cause the pistol to literally blow up. This is especially true with the use of high-pressure rounds (such as the .40 S&W/357 SIG) or hollow-point bullets.

I recall a reported incident where a Glockster on a boating holiday decided to show some friends how his Glock would fire underwater (because Tommy Lee Jones said so in the movies). He stuck his hand overboard, pulled the trigger and came back with a bunch of shredded plastic and a badly injured hand.

Another reported case was the Glockster who decided to try out his Glock 23 .40 S&W in the swimming pool after seeing pictures of Glocks being fired underwater on the web. He was totally submerged, with the gun, as he fired at a piece of wood on the bottom of his pool. The Glock did fire, the .40 S&W FMJ round left the barrel and went into the wood.

The chamber also exploded and implanted shrapnel into his leg. Thinking that the water would muffle the blast, he did not wear hearing protection (the blast is actually about 4 times louder underwater). He is now mostly deaf in one ear and hears high-pitched tones most of his waking life.

Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 12 Jan 2011 - 14:52

Officer_Charon wrote:One caveat to that, Elfen: My Glock is a Gen2 21, and has stood up pretty well to abuse sustained from daily rigors of patrolling in an area with a high salt marsh content, and has fired (under range conditions) after being dropped in a mud puddle in late spring, just to illustrate a point made by our armorer Sgt. I don't know about Gen1 Glocks, but the Gen2+ have apparently worked out the kinks in their weather-proofing. *grins*
I'm glad for you that they did. I remember too many horror stories with first gen Glocks, including one of an officer that dropped his and it fell apart in pieces on impact. Something about a retaining cap for the slide spring popping off and the gun just became pieces at that point. The 1911 has the same issue, all non-revolver type pistols do but only if the weapon is cheaply made or is a design/manufacture flaw from the factory.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 1:58

ElfenMagix wrote:Thank you Officer Charon for the fine comments.
The USMC MEU (SOC) is something the Marines created from common 1911 stock they had leftover from WWII, literally. They created this gun in response to failures of the Barretta pistols (after getting wet in the jungles and sand in the dessert). Its not the best 1911 out there but it is a better pistol than most 1911s, Glocks, and Barretta.

Another chief complaint, the 9mm is a defensive round. This means that if you shoot someone with it, depending on where they get shot, they will survive. A .45ACP is what they call a ManStopper. The 9mm has a bad habit of going through people. A .45ACP tranfers all its engery the body, disrupting cells and organs, putting the person in a state of shock. Very few have been hit by a .45 without body armour and got up to continue fighting. This is why police officers in shot outs with the 9mm have to hit a perpetrator more than once to take him down!

But it is as I say, it is not the gun that wins a gun fight, its the idiot behind the trigger.
While you obviously know what you're saying, I have to call BS on the 9 versus .45 comparison. That's entirely misleading. Both have similar performance when they use ball ammunition. Each will penetrate roughly three feet of flesh or ballistic gelatin with minimal transfer of energy and likely punch through with minimal tissue damage. This is absolute. An expanding bullet *tends* to penetrate less and dump all energy, but not always, depending on clothing and conditions. Bullets are unpredictable in that sense.

Ever heard of the Marshal ballistic studies? It was the one that found a 125 grain JHP .357 Magnum has a 90% first-hit stop. Guess what was the second-highest? 115 grn JHP 9mm Parabellum at about 85%, then followed by .45 ACP in JHP and FMJ. Again... bullets are unpredictable.

Also, I think you got the MEU story wrong. The USMC Force Recon had been using M1911A1s... for a long time, well before the Beretta 92 was adopted. It was also hard to maintain after so many years (they stopped making new M1911A1s after WW2) so they had to find parts commercially, primarily through custom gunmakers and some large companies like Kimber. Eventually, they decided they had to adopt a pistol to simplify logistics, under a blanket term called the "M45," which was two generations of MEU pistols made by smaller gun makers, and the ICQB (Interim CQB Pistol) by Kimber over the years. All of this took place independently of the M9's reliability issues, which mostly plagued the Navy SEALS (leading to the P226 and M11) and were ironed out by the early 2000's.
John_234
John_234

Male

Forum Posts : 469

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Taking a break for a while.

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down