Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Titles You Want Licensed

+16
Officer_Charon
MadHatChemist
Probit Return
boomer_gonz
Nuke is Good
Triela
Alfisti
Sakura
rusty-spring
Totoum
0utf0xZer0
Five_X
Piero
Kiskaloo
Robert Frazer
Ggultra2764
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anime Titles You Want Licensed - Page 2 Empty Re: Anime Titles You Want Licensed

Post by Piero Sat 26 Feb 2011 - 19:46

It appears that Ga-Rei Zero has been delayed until April because Funimation decided to skip over doing seperate Bluray and DVD sets and just do a single release that includes both. Guess that explains why it isn't out yet.

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Anime Titles You Want Licensed - Page 2 Empty Re: Anime Titles You Want Licensed

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 26 Feb 2011 - 19:55

Piero wrote:It appears that Ga-Rei Zero has been delayed until April because Funimation decided to skip over doing seperate Bluray and DVD sets and just do a single release that includes both. Guess that explains why it isn't out yet.

Yup. Which is kind of odd, to be honest, but I am glad R1 is getting Blu-ray (I believe it only came out in DVD in Japan - at least that is the only fansub I could find). Might still be on sale at The Right Stuff (I think the sale is still going).

Rosario + Vampire (and Capu2) are only coming out in R1 DVD, though. I have the Blu-ray fansubs, but I bought the DVDs to support the R1 release since I love the show (as a guilty pleasure).

Just annoyed that Summer Wars is taking it's own sweet tine to ship. Was released on the 15th, supposedly, but The Right Stuff has yet to get their supply.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sat 26 Feb 2011 - 20:07

Definitely considering getting the limited edition of Ga-Rei Zero. It's only a few dollars more than the standard, it ships earlier, and the box looks awesome. Plus since it's Ga-Rei Zero I assume whatever "premium item" they're including won't be something embarassing like the panties that were included with Strike Witches and Najica Blitz Tactics. Laughing

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good Sat 26 Feb 2011 - 22:52

Piero wrote:Definitely considering getting the limited edition of Ga-Rei Zero. It's only a few dollars more than the standard, it ships earlier, and the box looks awesome. Plus since it's Ga-Rei Zero I assume whatever "premium item" they're including won't be something embarassing like the panties that were included with Strike Witches and Najica Blitz Tactics. Laughing

I have the Najica Thin-Pak, during the age of when ADV did not put extras at all in those. I would think Central Park Media back in the day would do that with Agent Aika.

Nuke is Good

Forum Posts : 326

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 Sun 27 Feb 2011 - 5:11

Kiskaloo wrote:
Piero wrote:It appears that Ga-Rei Zero has been delayed until April because Funimation decided to skip over doing seperate Bluray and DVD sets and just do a single release that includes both. Guess that explains why it isn't out yet.

Yup. Which is kind of odd, to be honest, but I am glad R1 is getting Blu-ray (I believe it only came out in DVD in Japan - at least that is the only fansub I could find). Might still be on sale at The Right Stuff (I think the sale is still going).

The initial volume by volume release of Ga-rei Zero was DVD only, but it got a bluray box set in mid-2010. The bluray box actually enjoyed sales not far off the R2 Clannad season 1 bluray box (4.4K vs. 4.9K) and came very close to matching the average per volume sales of the DVD version, the only Bluray box set I can think of that has done so, although Haruhi managed 34K Bluray boxes to 41K first run DVDs. (Clannad's Bluray box is enitrely different - 4.9K Blurays vs. 24.8K DVDs).

This being said, none of the big bluray subbing groups did the Japanese release. I seem to remember this is because nobody uploaded ISOs to Japanese P2P (unusual for such a popular anime), and the upcoming Funimation release likely deterred them from spending $330 for legit discs. Most of the big bluray subbing groups prefer to do their own encodes rather than using a raw provider's rip.

0utf0xZer0

Forum Posts : 265

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Feb 2011 - 20:03

The Gundam don't get the licensed is Gundam ZZ, Victory Gundam, and Gundam X. But Turn A Gundam is ready to get licensed for Bandai in this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 17:15

The latest catalog arrived from The Right Stuff:

so ra no wo to has been licensed by Nozomi Entertainment, but DVD only. Puzzled

Eden of the East arrives this month, in both DVD and BRD.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 17:21

Five_X wrote:I hope Kara no Kyoukai gets licensed. I need to complete my Type-Moon collection. Also, it is awesome.

As of now, Kara no Kyoukai is licensed:

Kiskaloo wrote:Not a specific Winter 2011 anime, but on February 8th, Aniplex USA will release the Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of sinners Blu-ray box set in the USA through The Right Stuff. The set will include the 8th bonus chapter as well as all the other bonuses of the Japanese box set, including an English version of the Visual Chronicle Book (with staff interviews, every key visual from the franchise, illustrations from each movie, and artwork for DVD packages).

The price will be $400, which is over $200 cheaper than the Japanese BRD release on February 2nd. Both the Japanese and English sets will include English subtitles, so it sounds like Aniplex is shipping the same package in both markets, just with the extra English translations of the Visual Chronicle book for the USA release.

SPARTAN 119

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropy Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 17:32

Kiskaloo wrote:The latest catalog arrived from The Right Stuff:

so ra no wo to has been licensed by Nozomi Entertainment, but DVD only. Puzzled

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US

Entropy

Forum Posts : 347

Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 17:38

Problem, Blu-Ray players? *trollface.jpg*
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 19:05

Seconded. Razz
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropy Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 19:09

Obviously Nozomi just has something against the Blu-Rayvolution.
Entropy
Entropy

Male

Forum Posts : 347

Original Characters : Livia/Nero

Comments : The wonderful human being previously known as tsundere357

Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 18:51

Just picked up the Working!/Wagnaria!! complete DVD Premium edition from RightStuf. NIS America did the right thing and skipped English dubs entirely, and (arguably) cleaned up the subs a bit. There's a few spots where I can't tell if the fan-subs are more accurate or not, but they were certainly funnier.

The Premium edition also comes with a huge artbox (8"x11") and a production design artbook. Inside are character sketches, location designs, and even a few floor plans of the restaurant. There's also some 4-frame comics. it's pretty nice.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 18:57

maverick375 wrote:Just picked up the Working!/Wagnaria!! complete DVD Premium edition from RightStuf.

Mine's in the mail, along with the Blu-ray of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 17:36

maverick375 wrote:Just picked up the Working!/Wagnaria!! complete DVD Premium edition from RightStuf. The Premium edition also comes with a huge artbox (8"x11") and a production design artbook. Inside are character sketches, location designs, and even a few floor plans of the restaurant. There's also some 4-frame comics. it's pretty nice.

The Postman just dropped mine off. Now this is how a Premium Box should be done. Good
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 28 May 2011 - 14:00

Spice and Wolf 2 has been licensed in Blu-ray, as has Angel Beats. Just pre-ordered both.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum