Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The little things

+9
MP5
Professor Voodoo
Robert Frazer
ElfenMagix
Nachtsider
Danjo3
Kiskaloo
boomer_gonz
Alfisti
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The little things Empty The little things

Post by Alfisti Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 12:07

Watches and other accessories:
The little things Untitled-Scanned-35-modcopy

I figure this sort of goes in apparrel.

So, quote from a friend who used to run a prestige car dealership: "Whenever a man walks in to the showroom I immediately look at his shoes and his watch. Doesn't matter what the rest of his clothing looks like, those are the two places a man will spend money on."

Probably not quite so accurate now, but it was at the time. Anyway, just curious: what sort of little things do your OCs carry with them and why? Watches, jewelry, even I guess personal electronics goods.

To start the ball rolling, I was trying to work out time-pieces for Monty and Jethro today... and it proved to be significantly more difficult than I expected.

Jethro eventually wound up with the German Navy version of the IWC/Porsche Design Ocean 2000... notably the de-magnetized version for mine-clearance divers but with the civillian titanium band.

The little things Ml_image.654321

It's an automatic movement watch, waterproof down to 2000m and, more importantly meets the BUND standard for accuracy of 0 - +8 seconds per day. That makes it of chronometer standandard (-4 - +4 sec a day), just with a positive bias. The other reasons it got chosen was partly IWC's excellent name, and partly the design itself. It's a nice, sleek, simple design that Jethro would be able to wear anywhere: from building sites, to clubs, to black tie dinners.

I eventually gave in on trying to find a ladies watch I liked for Monty. For some reason everyone wanted to put diamonds and other extraneous garbage on them. Instead she gets Breitlings's Aerospace Titanium with co-pilot attachment.

The little things 3425379605_b79555ee30_o

Yeah, I know, it's Quartz, and at 42mm will be gigantic on her wrist, but hey, oversized watches is the style right now Razz As for the quartz part, there is method in the madness. I did look for an automatic watch for her, but drew continuous blanks for something that offered chronometer accuracy, with a chronograph funcionality, decent water resistance and a decently clean design. Quartz is of course more accurate than automatic as well and the Breitling did offer a cleaner look. It also has a few other features useful to Monty. For starters it displays a number of different time zones at once, and more importantly; has NVG compatible backlighting.

Besides, Breitling run an aerobatic school (or did last time I checked) and who doesn't love that?

I guess the other thing to put in here would be Monty's iPhone (which I'm sure there's no need for a picture of). Again simple reasoning behind this: it's useful. If you arrive in a new city, Google Maps is damn good to have around and I'm sure a fair few other apps could be put to GSG use. Moreover, in lets her check for emailed instructions from SWA HQ and, in terms of communicating with Jethro on missions: a young girl texting and talking on a mobile draws far less attention than a young girl with an ear-bug talking on a radio.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

The little things Empty Re: The little things

Post by boomer_gonz Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 13:05

Okies, I'll have a go at this.

Alpha carries a watch at all times. However, the fact of his occupation is that they constantly get damaged or lost. A Casio timepiece with ALL functions is his usual choice, but he'll quickly discard whatever band it has for the silenced-Velcro variety.

Off mission, Alpha usually can be seen carrying a custom PDA; using it to handle most of his 'affairs'.

Alpha is also in possession of a British SAS medallion which once belonged to his trainer and former partner, Nyromi Lautani. It is the one item he would risk his life to retrieve if he were to ever lose it.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 13:35

Well it depends on the timeline.

Prior to 2008, Michele wore a Girard Perregaux Pour Ferrari Mens Watch (retail $11,500):

The little things GirardPerregauxMichele

In 2008, when he took delivery of his Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Fbg by Hermes, he also bought a matching Parmigiani Bugatti Faubourg Watch (retail $235,000):

The little things ParmigianiBugatti

Kara wears a Girard Perregaux Ferrari Ladies Watch in 18kt Yellow Gold(retail north of $10,000):

The little things GirardPerregaux_Kara

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sat 1 Jan 2011 - 14:28; edited 2 times in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 21:37

boomer_gonz wrote:
Alpha is also in possession of a British SAS medallion which once belonged to his trainer and former partner, Nyromi Lautani. It is the one item he would risk his life to retrieve if he were to ever lose it.

I assume the chances of him losing it are, low? Then again, we all have those absent minded moments The little things Icon_razz

@Kisk - Haha, I remember that Bugatti watch being talked about on Top Gear.

I sense a distinct automotive them running through your choices ;P I'm suprised there wasn't something like a Tag Monaco in there as well... Then again Michele's more a Ferrari/F1 sort of bloke isn't he?
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 21:45

Alfisti wrote:@Kisk - Haha, I remember that Bugatti watch being talked about on Top Gear.

Yes, and Kara wears that 1500 quid Bugatti perfume that Jeremy was spraying around the studio with abandon. Evil

I sense a distinct automotive them running through your choices ;P I'm suprised there wasn't something like a Tag Monaco in there as well... Then again Michele's more a Ferrari/F1 sort of bloke isn't he?

Michele is an ex-Ferrari Formula One engineer so that is why he wears Ferrari and bought one for Kara.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 23:39

Kiskaloo wrote:Yes, and Kara wears that 1500 quid Bugatti perfume that Jeremy was spraying around the studio with abandon. Evil

Top Gear tested. Kara approved.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 23:42

boomer_gonz wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:Yes, and Kara wears that 1500 quid Bugatti perfume that Jeremy was spraying around the studio with abandon. Evil

Quoted for Truth!

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 9 Jul 2010 - 22:33; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 0:51

Kiskaloo wrote:
boomer_gonz wrote:

Quoted for Truth!

I've always been a bit curious as to what that stuff actually smelled like... I mean, smells usually associated with Bugatti (to me anyway): leather, hot oil, half-burnt petrol, cooked brakes, possibly a whiff of castor oil. As much as I love all of those, they're not really what I'd want to put on a woman Razz
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 0:53

It smells like money, I imagine. Smile
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 0:56

Kiskaloo wrote:It smells like money, I imagine. The little things Icon_smile

...again, not really a scent I'd put on a woman Razz Not unless it'd been through some sort of conversion process first: Chanel for example Wink
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 1:00

Well I like to think it smells really damn nice if they have the cajones to charge USD3000 for it. Wink

And she's a hot Japanese girl so she has to smell as good as she looks, ne? Good
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 2:32

If anyone is interested, Biff wears a $35 Timex.

The little things 41ZlKDwc8BL._SL500_AA280_
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 2:41

All my OCs, like myself, wear Victorinox Swiss Army timepieces.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 9:50

Kiskaloo wrote:Well I like to think it smells really damn nice if they have the cajones to charge USD3000 for it. The little things Icon_wink

And she's a hot Japanese girl so she has to smell as good as she looks, ne? The little things 2752

Again, faultess reasoning Razz

@Danjo - Haha, good old Timex. A friend of mine at uni uses an, I think mid-70's, manual wind Timex that he got off eBay and it's a sweet bit of gear. I actually wound up giving one to another non-GSG OC Razz

@Nacht - Hmm, interesting. I must admit I often tend to steer clear of giving my characters things that I also own, or think long and hard about it if I do. Stuff I like sure, but not stuff I own. I guess in a way it's a personal fear of letting my own prejudices over-ride what a character should think (the exception to the rule being Jesse, who despite being the opposite sex shares similar styles, views and is effectively a way for me to complain about the world). I mean, there was a bunch of Rolexes that would probably have suited Monty (and solved my size issues), but I steered clear of the brand because, well: that's my watch however it isn't a "Monty" watch and I don't think it suits her personality.

Then again maybe I'm just over-thinking things Razz Either way I don't think there's a right or wrong answer, I just find it interesting how different people go about creating and developing characters.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 15:33

A true covert operator would have a watch that does other things other than tell time....
With Fernando, he has the following (Juanita, Rachel and Francesca wears the ladies version of these):
The little things Wqv_10a
The WQV-10A is the high end current model, featuring 16M colour resolution.

For missions that requires group separation and stealth, they would go for a radio watch, like the XactRadio Watches... with VOX head sets.
The little things Xactradiowatch01

Lastly, for ultimate safety, in case their mission guns gets stolen in a mission, its kinda hard to get shot at if the gun suddenly fails to shoot at all, when the bastard who stole it does not realized that the gun is activated by an RFID Chip in the watch on the owner's arm!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 16:27

Yeah, I know, it's Quartz, and at 42mm will be gigantic on her wrist, but hey, oversized watches is the style right now

One other advantage of big, oversized watches is that in a pinch they can become improvised knuckledusters. There's a nice little segment in On Her Majesty's Secret Service when Bond's been disarmed, but he still puts down one of Blofeld's goons to make his getaway by using his Rolex to give his fist that little extra edge. Of course, that's not so much use for a cyborg who already has sledgehammers for arms anyway, but it's always a feature to add to the list! Wink

Agapita is feminine and likes to sparkle, but with her Christian sensibility there's a guilty nag at the back of her head that draping herself in a carpet of diamonds would be unseemly; but then again, it's the fortune that God sent her... To that end, she will probably wear something dainty, delicate, and valuable, but also discreet - for someone who's wealthy, and proud to be so, but not obnoxiously showy. I'm thinking a Gucci Tournabuoni Ladies' Watch.

The little things 33159206

It's not been too long since Avise left the army and so he still has some residual sense of obligation to being practical rather than fashionable... but in all honesty, he's starting to slouch into the comfortable cushion of the Agency's greater wealth and resources and less rigidly regimented plainclothes life, and is becoming a little bit self-indulgent. The two conflicting moods are reflected in an Alessi Arc Watch, whose chronographs make a concession to usefulness but which has been created first and foremost to be artistic:

The little things Alesal17010_xl

Avise likes both these watches also because Gucci and Alessi are both domestic Italian brands, and he likes supporting local industry...

...Priscilla, Section Two's fashionista, decided not to risk mentioning that the Gucci watch was made in Switzerland and that the Alessi watch was designed by an Anglo-Egyptian! The little things 335755
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 27 Sep 2009 - 1:11

ElfenMagix wrote:A true covert operator would have a watch that does other things other than tell time....

Watch definately needs more in-built laser Razz

ElfenMagix wrote:Lastly, for ultimate safety,
in case their mission guns gets stolen in a mission, its kinda hard to
get shot at if the gun suddenly fails to shoot at all, when the bastard
who stole it does not realized that the gun is activated by an RFID
Chip in the watch on the owner's arm!

I remember the police experimenting with these a couple of years back, can't remember if anything ever came of it though. You heard anything else by any chance?

Robert Frazer wrote:One other advantage of big, oversized watches is that in a pinch they
can become improvised knuckledusters. There's a nice little segment in On Her Majesty's Secret Service
when Bond's been disarmed, but he still puts down one of Blofeld's
goons to make his getaway by using his Rolex to give his fist that
little extra edge. Of course, that's not so much use for a cyborg who
already has sledgehammers for arms anyway, but it's always a feature to
add to the list! The little things Icon_wink

Heavy watch + overpowered adolescent girl + king hit = down for the count

Ahh, Alessi... I have a love/hate relationship with Alessi. A lot of the design they use is fantastic, but a lot of it is also bloody useless. I've got the Stark juicer they did in the 80s (just because every design student should have the shining example of how not to do it)... but I don't juice stuff with it, it sits on my shelf as a display piece. There was a quite good interview with Marc Newson on TV the other night where he was talking about a set of salt and pepper shakers he did for them (I think it ws for them anyway). Effectively he said: yeah, these things are fucking useless, but they look cool!

That said: I do like the watch Razz Will try to include Agapita's Gucci as well if I get to drawing her again.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 30 Sep 2009 - 22:19

As a sucker for all things Russian... I'm sold: Volmax

They currently own, amoung other things, the "Sturmanskie" name, the watch worn by Gagarin during his space flight. Their current stuff is pretty hot too. If I still have cash post-Japan... Monty may yet get a watch change.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 8 Jan 2010 - 16:56

So it looks like Michele's Parmigiani Fleurier Bugatti Faubourg Watch has a big brother:
the Parmigiani Fleurier Bugatti Tourbillon.

The little things Bugatti-16-c-galibier-watch

It costs USD 1.6 million, but a Bugatti 16C Galibier holder is included in the price:

The little things Bugatti-16-c-galibier-concept

(The watch face fits in a receptacle on the dash when not in the wristband.)

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sat 1 Jan 2011 - 14:29; edited 3 times in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Fri 8 Jan 2010 - 20:24

Kiskaloo wrote:So it looks like Michele's Parmigiani Fleurier Bugatti Faubourg Watch has a big brother:
the Parmigiani Fleurier Bugatti Tourbillon.

The little things Bugatti-16-c-galibier-watch

It costs USD 1.6 million, but a Bugatti 16C Galibier holder is included in the price:

The little things Bugatti-16-c-galibier-concept

(The watch face fits in a receptacle on the dash when not in the wristband.)

You know what? I dig it. The little things 2752
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 8 Jan 2010 - 20:30

Haha, nice... I think that was on one of the watch blogs awhile back, but damned if I can remember which one.

I dunno, I'm not a huge fan of Tourbillon movements. I mean, it was meant to add accuracy to a watch by "mitigating the effects of gravity across the barrel". However that was based in Victorian era physics, so in terms of actual practical value it's the watch equivalent of putting 24" spinners on a car. Plus it's significantly more fragile than a regular barrel and escapement.

That said: it looks damn cool (which is why it's almost always on display), is massively expensive and difficult to make and is a fantastic example of the watch-maker's craft... so all good The little things Icon_wink

On the subject of watches. Monty's Brietling recently got changed to a vintage Heuer Camaro:

The little things BlackCamaro?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1247746541803

But on a brown leather rally strap a-la:

The little things Heuercamaro2-1

It's cheaper than the Brietling, still has a chronograph function and is more fitting to her character as she's developed.

Jethro will also be trading his IWC out shortly, though I'm still not sure what for. At the moment it's a two way contest between IWC's Yacht Club II automatic:

The little things YCII?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1245423820644

And Patek Phillipe's Nautilus:

The little things Pic-watch1

As much as the Ocean 2000 is a great watch, both of these watches are far more versatile and better "everyday" watches than it is. Since I can't picture Jethro as the sort to have multiple watches...
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 9 Jan 2010 - 8:30

Alfisti wrote: it's the watch equivalent of putting 24" spinners on a car.
Oh god...that nonsense has spread to Australia?

On the topic of wristwatches:

Elio: (playing up his grumpy old-guy act) Damn it, how much do you people spend on watches anyway!? No wonder I can't get a working fax machine in my office!

A stubborn pragmatist, Elio refuses to spend over 20 euros on a watch unless it does something special. For dive missions he and Marisa each have a Suunto D9 from Finland.
The little things Pr_suu10
In addition to being a watch it's a nitrox capable dive computer that works with a wireless transmitter (screwed into the first stage of the regulator) to report remaining tank pressure right on the diver's wrist. This is redunadant for Marisa, whose mask shows her that information, but the D9 is Elio's primary dive computer.

On land, an old Timex works just fine. Mari would probably just break an expensive watch anyway.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 9 Jan 2010 - 9:38

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Alfisti wrote: it's the watch equivalent of putting 24" spinners on a car.

Oh god...that nonsense has spread to Australia?

Rather sadly yes... fortunately you don't see it too much, but every now and then something drives past that you just wish would scrape up against a curb. In fact, "SUV"s in general piss me off. I mean: I quite like the concept of the "softroader" (hell, I gave one to Jethro). It's a practical estate with a bit of extra ground-clearance for when you need to drive on the beach, up a farming friend's driveway or deal with any road west of Toowoomba (or get out of our local BP for that matter). And I like 4x4s, proper ones, with low-range, locking diffs and so-on because there's a reason for their being. However the concept of the "SUV" as a car for wankers who just want to drive something big narks me. If you need to carry crap: buy a ute. If you have lots of kids: buy a people-mover. The fact that no-one knows how to drive the damn things doesn't help either...

Umm, I'm going to stop here as this is a rant for another time and another thread.

To answer Elio's question though:

Monty's Camaro goes for around the US$2500-3000 mark, depending on condition, how many dials and what movement's powering it (Heuer, and TAG for that matter, have never had a 100% in-house movement).

The IWC Yacht Club II automatic in steel (they did gold and quartz too) also goes for about the same. That's mostly because, in the heedy days of the 1970s and the luxury sports watch, it always played second fiddle to the big two: Audemars Piguet's "Offshore" and...

The Patek Phillipe "Nautilus"... which right now will set it's buyer back around the US$20k mark.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 9 Jul 2010 - 18:03

Michele is going to have to try a bit harder at the Roulette table in Vegas...

The little things Ferrari-watch-by-cabestan

The Scuderia Ferrari One watch by Cabestan. Retail price: €300,000 and you have to be invited to buy one (fortunately, Michele is on the Scuderia's A-List).

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sat 1 Jan 2011 - 14:32; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 9 Jul 2010 - 22:08

Kiskaloo wrote:Michele is going to have to try a bit harder at the Roulette table in Vegas...

The little things Ferrari-watch-by-cabestan

The Scuderia Ferrari One watch by Cabestan. Retail price: €300,000 and you have to be invited to buy one (fortunately, Michele is on the Scuderia's A-List).
Cabestan certainly does some cool looking stuff.

Speaking of higher-end watch releases: MB&F this week (finally) released HM4 "Thunderbolt". This is their first go at an "aviator" watch, and because it's MB&F... they of course couldn't do it normally. The watch world has pretty much been waiting for this one with baited breath since the movement for the watch was previewed at Baselworld earlier this year... and now, after months of teasers, they finally show us the whole thing:

The little things 2431710-7607294-thumbnail

The little things 2431710-7607266-thumbnail

The little things 2431710-7607264-thumbnail

Perhaps strangely the watch is named for the A-10, with the piece resembling said plane's engine mounting configuration:

The little things 2431710-7620118-thumbnail

Aside from the complexity of the movement itself, MB&F also known for pushing what can be done with sapphire crystal. The case here is made from titanium with five seperate sapphire crystals, representing over 100 hours of machining alone.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Fri 9 Jul 2010 - 22:51

Kiskaloo wrote:
Alfisti wrote: MB&F...HM4 "Thunderbolt". This is their first go at an "aviator" watch,
Unique, eye catching designs both, and impressive engineering I'm sure, but would you actually want to wear something like that? Frankly, they're both a bit goofy looking for my taste.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 9 Jul 2010 - 22:53

It likely depends on "the company you keep" and where you keep said company.

A watch like the Cabestan would be something for a Track Day or an Owner's Club meeting or an F1 race. It would unlikely be something you'd wear to the butchers. Smile
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Fri 9 Jul 2010 - 22:54

I think when you pony up the better part of half a million dollars for a watch, you're the one who gets to decide what's goofy or not!
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 10 Jul 2010 - 7:53

Professor Voodoo wrote:Unique, eye catching designs both, and impressive engineering I'm sure, but would you actually want to wear something like that? Frankly, they're both a bit goofy looking for my taste.
Pretty much... the Cabestan doesn't do much for me (they never have), but the HM4 I don't mind... it's the first of MB&F's stuff I've actually liked not just for the technical aspect of it.

Kiskaloo wrote:It likely depends on "the company you keep" and where you keep said company.

A
watch like the Cabestan would be something for a Track Day or an
Owner's Club meeting or an F1 race. It would unlikely be something
you'd wear to the butchers. Smile
Pretty much... though I'm not sure how I'd feel about taking that Cabestan to a track day. The biggest problem with stuff like this is it tends to be kinda fragile... I wouldn't like to drop it or hit it.

But yeah, you'd put them away for special occasions, then use something like a Rolex or a Seiko (or if you're the sort of person who can afford stuff like these, Patek Philippe) as an day to day "beater".
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 22:50

Kara & Allison usually get along great, but there are just some things that are bound to lead to an epic cat-fight:

Such as the last pair of these in the store...

The little things Lambo_10
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 23:39

Hmm, little headlights and tail lights...

Do you remember the shoes that used to light up when you walked on them? (if you don't, I do... only the really cool kids had those when I was in year three).

Marketing genius.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 23:44

Kara: "That's...that's not right..." NO
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 0:12

Alfisti wrote:Hmm, little headlights and tail lights...

Do you remember the shoes that used to light up when you walked on them? (if you don't, I do... only the really cool kids had those when I was in year three).

Marketing genius.

I remember those things... they were so goddamn cool.

And then I grew up.

Professor Voodoo wrote:Kara & Allison usually get along great, but there are just some things that are bound to lead to an epic cat-fight:

Such as the last pair of these in the store...

Allison: I'm no fashion expert, but even I think those are tacky! Guh?
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 26 Jul 2010 - 11:56

Sometimes I really wish I didn't wear glasses so could own a few sets of sunnies (and before you suggest contacts or laser eye surgery: I look ok with glasses on, but completely retarded with them off)...

The little things Moscot-yukel-sunglasses-070910-lg-85814482

These are just retro cool though... Jethro may be getting a frames upgrade.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Mon 26 Jul 2010 - 14:29

Professor Voodoo wrote:

They saw those one day when Michele was drowning in paperwork, Claes had declared it a garden day, and Alpha quite simply...has a truck. Alpha is carrying a few bags for Kara as he suddenly stops as they stare at those shoes in the window a moment after meeting Allison and Jay who is in the same predicament of carrying packages.

Alpha: As I've mentioned before; there is a wide berth between a fanbase and fanatacism. I believe that would be the latter.

Kiskaloo wrote:Kara: "That's...that's not right..." NO

MP5 wrote:Allison: I'm no fashion expert, but even I think those are tacky! Guh?

A minute later, a hand from behind the display retrieves the pair causing the group to look sharply at the boutique's entrance.

A few minutes pass in shocked silence as a couple exit the boutique with the woman wearing the loud (no pun intended) footwear.

Alpha: Hey Kara.

Kara: Yes?

Alpha: You think that maybe she's under the impression that she'll go from 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds with those on?

Kara: -snarf-
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 26 Jul 2010 - 19:37

Kara: More like the guy who bought them hopes it takes 3.5 seconds for her dress to go from 'on' to 'off'."
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 7:08

Allison's birthday finally rolls around. what does the boyfriend get her?

Jay: When I saw this, I immediately thought of you so... well, Happy birthday!

Allison: Oh Jay! It's beautiful, I love it! (gives Jay a kiss)

Sandro: Someone's getting lucky tonight--(gets elbowed in the stomach) Urgh!

Jay: Shut up, Sandro...

So what did Allison get from her new boyfriend? Diamonds? A car? A new turbo?

Well, something along those lines....

The little things Turbopendant

The 14K gold Turbocharger Pendant, complete with a movable turbine mounted on a sealed and permanently lubricated stainless steel bearing with ceramic internals. Priced like a standard diamond ring at $1649 USD and available via WrenchHead Jewelry
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 7:53

I'd be careful wearing that thing when Mari's around... from memory she has a habit of garotting people...

Pretty interesting though, and no small feat of the jeweler's craft either if it's actually got bearings and all in there.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 8:40

if you blow down it do you get Turbo whine ?
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 17:34

Awinnell wrote:if you blow down it do you get Turbo whine ?

Well, if it works anything like the KCT-11 Turbo Keychain, maybe: