Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merging Fanon.

+5
Whatface
Nachtsider
Kiskaloo
ElfenMagix
sasahara17
9 posters

Go down

Merging Fanon. Empty Merging Fanon.

Post by sasahara17 Sat 4 Jul 2009 - 22:11

This thread exists for the purposes of merging the continuities of several GSG fanfiction into one cohesive timeline. So far we have Elfen , possibly Boomer since he's working with Elfen already, and myself. Anybody else?

I'll try to keep this as spoiler free as possible.
So far, the important things to note about the I-CARE verse in relation to the canon-verse are...

+ Elsa de Sica is alive. I make no secret she survives the end of Marked. She survives and doesn't bother to correct anyone after they think she died. She's lost an eye, but her skill as a gunman is only rivaled by one other.

+ Claes becomes a lone operative after faking her own demise on Lorenzo's orders. She becomes an infiltration bad ass and spymistress by the start of Echoes. She is partially responsible for the leak in Cyborg tech and is constantly haunted by this.

+ Pino (and by extension Franco, Franco and Christiano) is also still alive having become skilled enough to beat Triela several times, incuding that one time he was supposed to die.

+ The final battle in Marked inadvertedly caused the leak of Cyborg tech.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Merging Fanon. Empty Re: Merging Fanon.

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 4 Jul 2009 - 22:32

The only issue, as I stated in the PM to Sasahara is his definition of "8 years later." other than that, everything hinges on his placement to the Solution's Resolution story written by me. In Sasahara's Universe- somethings happen before and somethings happen after, and thus I stated how it would fit and how things could go along if things are merged. It is only a proposal.

Boomer and I are merging our two universes with Alpha and Francesca being the SWAs first cyborgs, their untimely disappearences and their later findings and reunification with the SWA many years later. In both branches of this part, both are considered MIA/KIA and searches for the bodies ceased shortly after. Francesca was found in Solution's Resolutions and later rebuilt. Adding Sasahara's story to the tail end of this universe seemed to be the right thing to do in my mind.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 4 Jul 2009 - 22:44

My OC universe takes place in conjunction with the manga universe (so 2004-2006 based on how I read the manga timeline).

In the current story I am working on, Franco, Franca and Cristiano all survived the crash (which took place roughly a year prior to the story itself). Claes is now paired with my OC fratello - officially on a "temporary" basis.

Pia, Elsa, Beatrice and Silvia are all dead (as I assume Bicé and Silvia didn't survive Venice). One of the second gens seen in the end of Volume 8 is the roomate of my OC cyborg and I've given her the name Ilaria Sandrelli.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 0:40

The only continuity that my fanfic universe can be considered compatible with is the canon continuity, in that events in my fics are penned in such a way that canonical events still unfold as they actually do. Any fics in which my universe crosses over with that of another author has to be considered a splinter continuity that diverges from my main narrative.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 18:49

The authors within the fandom have created their own story/time lines in respect to the Genre of GsG. That does not change.

In all due respect to the writers and authors here, what is being proposed here is a merging of ideas and characters because some OC Universes run too closely in parallel. In doing so, maybe a better story can be created through collaberation of forces.

For example: Boomer and I have created 2 separate characters (Alpha and Francesca, respectively) that they run almost together in their separate origins stories. We decided to merge them to create a better and more facetted story to their shared origins. Thusly, we are hammering out such a couple of stories based on this merger.

In seeing Sasahara's story line, there are parallels in his ideas and with my last story: Solution's Resolution. In discussion with Sasahara about possibly merging the two universes, which also hinges on Boomer in agreeing as well. Sasahara gave his OK thus far and I'm waiting on Boomer.

I am not trying to tie up the GsG OC Universe into a neat pretty package. What I'm trying to do is to start a collaberation among writers and creations of stories. Everyone one else can either join this merger, merge with other or stand alone. its all on them, no one is being forced to do anything they do not want to do here.

With a collaberation of ideas and stories, characters can be shared more freely (I know this breaks my "Do Not Use Without Permission" clause of my characters) because there would be more trust among authors about respecting characters and ideas. This is what I'm simply trying to do.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 19:39

Well we can also always take the Marvel and DC Comics angle and do a "one shot".

That is what I did with Never Play an Ace When a Two Will Do, treating it as a "special" that happened outside my established OC universe.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 21:02

That would be something to see:
GsG - The Final Battle...

All the OCs are gathered in one final engagement against Padania and their associates in the underworld. Italy is just but a prize for winner takes all.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 21:04

Crisis of Infinite Gunslinger Girls!
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Mon 6 Jul 2009 - 4:21

Naw, with all the OCs we have running about, the rebels will have their asses whupped in no time.

Sure they seem to be a on a roll in canon (alas, poor Bice), but with the the expanded SWA, Childville, Handsome Men, maybe timetravellers from the future I-CARE (what you did say ALL the OCs), and a whole buch of other related agencies... we should have at LEAST 50+ fratello pairs now on the SWA side. I'd wager that's a bit much for even the toughest and most well trained extremist orginisation.

And then we have Biff and Brit... Man that's just NOT fair.

EDIT - Write this story from the POV of the bad guys, where a horde of supersoldier little girls are ripping them to pieces. It'll be a real horror show.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Mon 6 Jul 2009 - 5:27

Bad guys have G.D. Wallez. He owns half the planet.
Whatface
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 880

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Mon 6 Jul 2009 - 6:17

Wallez? Oh yeah, forgot about him (and his bigass personal ride). Yep, Wallez (with enough prep) and Biff are probably an even match. It's like evil Batman vs Superman.

Well... let those two go play in a corner somewhere while the everyone else tries to kill each other.

BTW, think a ERS equpiied GSG will match up well against the tank?
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Mon 6 Jul 2009 - 10:08

ElfenMagix wrote:That would be something to see:
GsG - The Final Battle...

All the OCs are gathered in one final engagement against Padania and their associates in the underworld. Italy is just but a prize for winner takes all.

Nacht and I brainstormed on such a project quite some time ago and the project is still outlined although shelved currently in lieu of other engagements.

The basic plot is that The deed is done, thy will be gone. Mission Accomplished!

The Padanian Militia, The Unified Red Brigade, the CRG, the PRF, and even what remains of the Five Republics Faction; have all been decimated and thoroughly annihilated. For the government of Italy, there is just one loose end to tie up.

What results is the full might of the SWA compound against the Italian Army and the NOCS. The uber-OC fic.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 6 Jul 2009 - 10:10

sasahara17 wrote:... but with the the expanded SWA, Childville, Handsome Men, maybe timetravellers from the future I-CARE (what you did say ALL the OCs), and a whole buch of other related agencies... we should have at LEAST 50+ fratello pairs now on the SWA side. I'd wager that's a bit much for even the toughest and most well trained extremist orginisation.

And then we have Biff and Brit... Man that's just NOT fair.
50? In the GsG OCWiki, there are already 53 cyborgs! (with 29 handlers.) This includes Biff and Britney! Evil
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Tue 7 Jul 2009 - 19:19

boomer_gonz wrote:Nacht and I brainstormed on such a project quite some time ago and the project is still outlined although shelved currently in lieu of other engagements.

The basic plot is that The deed is done, thy will be gone. Mission Accomplished!
Oh this sounds like a good one. Care to explain in further detail? Would the order to 'shut down' the cyborg program would come 'politely' first with the armed response coming at the SWA's refusal to close shop, or did the government just attack without warning with the intent of wiping out everybody ever involved with the program?

How would they fight back with the might of an army bearing down on them? Would they try hanging onto their base, or would they disperse throughout Italy and use gurella tatics? Or perhaps would it be a mad dash to get out of the counrty alltogether?

If this takes place in fanon, I am also curious how the SWA's sister agencies would react to seeing
their Italian counterpart suddenly being attacked by their own country.
Obviously, I can name some nations out there who would do everything
in their power to keep a supersoldier program this successful even in peacetime, so the thought of launching something like this is unthinkable. How would they react to watching
Italy try to make a bury the SWA (literally)? Would they offer asylum to the besieged staff?

You have piked my curiosity.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 6:25

Ah....I got this question when reading at Elfen's first reply.

How many OC merging in one fiction?
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 11:02

Emperor- Currently 2 (Boomer and I for Alpha and Francesca OCs), and Sasahara makes 3 once we make the details sorted out on how his I-CARE universe fits into ours.

Others are welcomed to join or to merge with others if they like. The merging is to make story writing easier when characters can be shared. Nothing more.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 16:20

Speaking of that, what do you need to know about my fic to accommodate the merger anyway?
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 17:32

Just to see where things fit.

The OC Wiki has some info (see: GsG OC History Timeline and individual characters/stories {Francesca, Alpha, Solution's Resolution}, just to name a few)

At 3/4 the end of Solution's Resolution, the Orginal Cyborg Francesca was found in a god-awful shape. Rebuilding her would have been a daunting task with a good chance that she would not survive the rebuild at all. But, Francesca had within her a secret- she survived over 10 years without the conditioning medication. This being 10/2011, at the same time, all the First Gen cyborgs were facing their End of Life Limits. With what was found in Francesca and compared to the other girls, was that the conditioning medication was a slow poison, killing the girls. Long story short, the girls now face a normal life with a new forumulation of the conditioning drug. At the same time, the girls were rebuilt to an adjusted age (about mid to late teens for most of them).

This would fit with your I-CARE universe in that the girls (were and) can be built to an older age. Question is, where does I-CARE fit into this universe. As I see it, about 4 more years from Solution's Resolution (which happened in 2011) and just at the end of UN Resolution (which I'm writing, is in the Summer of 2013).

Interesting thing is- Boomer's Character 'Alpha' (in this Universe) is expected to return in 2012, and as of the writing of UN Resolution, is a part of its actions. In UN Resolution, it becomes a Alphabet Soup of Agencies, all trying to destroy or restore the Italian government and the SWA which has been frozen and mandated to shut down due to the Violation of UN Resolution #A/RES/54/263 ("the use of children as soliders in conflicts, both domestic and international, is deemed as an illegal act..."), a resolution that Italy itself signed as one of the UN Members. The characters of the story, will either rescue the Italian Government (which is under UN Sanctioned Control) and the SWA (which has been disbanded while it is under investigation), or die trying. With Multi-Million Euro Price Tags on their heads for reward of capture, its not going to be easy.

After UN Resolution, the world will be awaken to the use of cybernetics, and more and more people, organizations and governments will be using them. Some will be illegal... I can see here is where I-Care is created and involved.

In doing your math, "8 years after..." would put it as 2004 - 2006 as a date area where things begin, which would coincide with the GsG Time Line on the Wiki (link above). So everything would start to fit with the meger of the universes.

Any Questions?
No, I did not have it planned out.
No, I'm not trying to take over the world... too much responsibility with that!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 23:03

Hm, that might prove to be a bit difficult. The more I think about this, the more difficult I can see the merger being.

This is a bit long and ramble like, so please bear with me.

A key difficulty of said merger is in your story the issue with the shortened lifespan having being resolved. In my original plan, this was not the case. One of the original themes of the story for Claes and Triela is the fact they are well past the estimated end of their useful lives. With most of their peers either dead (Beatrice, at least seemingly if Ruckus ever gets finished) or hospitalised (Rico & Henrietta), Claes and Triela are the last of a dying breed.

This may not be as pronounced in Claes' character (who is a tried undercover operative who faked her death-another problem), But Triela's entire character arc centers around her ability to get around these issues. The older cyborg thing can be accomodated easily, but the key aspect here is the obselecene of the two veterans in the face of a younger, seemingly better, generation (Elsa has a whole set of other problems to worry about). I could change this to accomodate the merger, but I risk gutting their characters.

As to the UN resolution, I could accomodate that but I would have to rewrite and rethink large sections of the existing plot to do so. Notice how Wilfred has no idea what a cyborg is in the first chapter of Echoes, nor had my idea included prothetics bieng widespead around the world. I'd have to completely rework that. I'd be willing to do so, but damn this is serious work.

Again I have concerns that doing this would cause ore issues with my characters. The overall most important theme of Echoes is the right to 'play god' and how the staff of St-1, who have no say in the bigger picture, have to deal with the knowledge of the world of powerful cyborg assassins. I fear much of the shock value of having to live with this knowledge would be reduced if prosthetics were wide spread. Also the sheer 'larger than life' feel of cyborg on cyborg fights, which even trained elite soldiers would have difficulty matching considering the radical advances in the field, would be imenently reduced.

As to the leak of cybernetic prothetics, I may have noted before that Claes is (partially) responsible for that. Her entire character arc revolves around her trying to deal with her guilt over her mistake and her frustratiuon at not being able to complete her work because of her body.

The final issue is the state of the SWA. I may not have said this before, but it is absolutely crucial that the SWA remains intact and hidden at the time of Echoes. There is an entire story arc devoted to St-1 going to Italy on Pinocchio's request (yes he is still alive in Echoes) to stop a rouge faction of the 5R from revealing child cyborgs to the world at large (again-another problem right there).

Most of these problems seem to have arisen because I've kept the developing plot of Echoes secret, so I must apologize. As you can tell, the plot is actually very deep (only one other besides myself knows the whole thing, and he hasn't logged on for a while), so even the slightest change requires alot of thought.

I'll have to do some REAL thinking if I have to make this merger work.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 23:41

There's enough gaps and wiggle room to make it work.

When the 'world learns about cyborgs', its the top level governments that learn, since many of them are using cyborgs themselves for secret things. Some nations share technology yet many do not. A lot of international agencies become aware of them, and some want them for themselves. Same with some double agents who share information with their criminal counterparts.

The everyday man does not the know the difference between an advanced cybernetic prosthetics vs. a peg leg and a hook ended arm, and believe them to be the same no matter how advanced the prosthetics is. They do not see the brain/device connection as a union like one sees their own leg is connected to the brain.

I never went through the details of the age advancement of the cyborgs. except for Francesca and Rachel (in UN Resolution). In Gumball Slinger (2012) I will explain Claes as this will be the mission she retrains to be a lone operative in, but she will be in her late teens in advancement.

Dont change everything. Only unite those pieces that fit together and leave it at that. All other details can be left out as they stand on their own. Any continuity errors would be minor at best, and forgivable. The point is is you need any of my OCs, it would be fine. Read up on their characters and idosyncrocies. The canon characters are canon characters- Except for Jean Croche- He's a Cyborg. Had to do that to him.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 0:13

Would I be too much of a killjoy if I didn't even try? I have multiple continuities even among my own characters. Diana for instance, exists in a continuity that deviates from canon just after the Pinocchio arc (two of them actually, as The Huntress' Dilemma differs from the RPG it's based upon), while Gina is in a continuity set sometime after recent story events in the manga. And while there's technically nothing preventing Gina and Rosalia from sharing a continuity, I tend to think of them as occupying seperate continuities as well...

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 17:02

My stories exist in an AU all their own (Due largely to Elsa being revived), so any hopes of fanon inclusion go out the window. Though when I finally get around to finishing up the big three, I plan to create a more fanon inspired AU project (Tentatively titled The Probit-verse AU). Basically, Luca, whom has no connection to any of the big three, replaces Elsa as Adrie's roommate. Luca, also being a second gen cyborg, would establish the timeline further along than the others, since in my continuity, the second gens haven't appeared yet. It's kind of the reason I haven't written anything more with Luca, since I plan to explore more of her in that, along with certain events that can't happen in my original stories due to whatever circumstances prevent them.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content