Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G.D. Wallez's Ride

+7
Robert Frazer
LoC978
ElfenMagix
Nachtsider
Awinnell
Kiskaloo
boomer_gonz
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

G.D. Wallez's Ride Empty G.D. Wallez's Ride

Post by Guest Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 0:26

G.D. Wallez's Ride DarkKnightMBT
This tank was to be dubbed the “Mini Merkava”. G.D. Wallez, a villain of mine, took over a few nations in eastern Africa and collected them into his own, converting it into a 2nd class nation (with modern skyscraper cities with surrounding poorer urban populations). He wants to have the toughest army in the world (for a good price) and thus buys Dragon Skin body armor for his elites, heavily invests in defense systems, and emphasizes good communication.

Part of having the toughest army means having the toughest tank. Unable to buy the Merkava series of tanks (in the quantity or price he wanted) he decided to build his own. To do this, he had his engineers and Army tank crews and designers from around the world help him. When the plans were finished, it proved too expensive and long-term, but the successful multi-billionaire was determined to have his tank.

So instead they turned to the M60A1 tank (specifically, the Israeli Magach modification), buying large bodies of the tank from American army graveyards and parts from other nations in good, cheap quantities. With this basic body, he had a larger engine for the tank put in the front. The design places the crew in the rear-center, and added a small rear hatch. This rear hatch can be opened partway (as it is an up-down folding door) to allow small arms to be used. A fifth/wounded crew member can be placed here in the case of emergency. In addition, he bought kits and gave his new tank a 120mm smoothbore cannon and a dozer blade. He also made sure the tank treads were well protected. The final touches included added composite armor and installing the internal systems.

After talking to Russia, Wallez managed to buy (and produce, in his own factory) a tank round that was capable of shooting different methods to accomplish a good all-around job. The finished job took only five and a half years to produce and start rolling them out of the factories and was called the Dark Knight Mk1.

When the United States refused to buy (or even look at) the TROPHY anti-RPG system, Wallez opened a contract with RAPHAEL. This pre-detonates most anti-tank rounds like RPGs. This can be noted by small "boxes" on the tank at various angles (the front and rear ends of the armored skirt, and one on back of the turret and on top of the optic periscope.

Wallez has also made a "Gray Knight" variant that is sold to other nations, that lacks the TROPHY system, most communication services, and a 105mm instead of the 120mm cannon. Wallez has also freely given the model to Western nations such as the United States and Israel to study the tank in case they were ever to combat them.

It is this variant that the Covenant Reformation Group has gotten a hold of and uses against the SWA.

WEIGHT: 58 tons (52.6 tonnes)
LENGTH: 30.84 ft (9.40 m) gun forward
..............24.2 ft hull (7.38 m)
SPEED: 35 mph/88.5 kph

ARMOR: 450 mm composite
TROPHY active protection system
PAYLOAD: 42 rounds
ENGINE: MTU 881 diesel engine 1,000 hp

PRIMARY: Rheinmetall 120 mm gun
SECONDARY: 2 x 7.62mm MG (FN MAG)
10 Smoke Grenades
Unit Cost: Classified
Unit Cost (Gray Knight): $3.3 million

NOTABLE FEATURES:
Front-mounted engine for better crew protection
Rear emergency hatch and compartment for 1 other person
Dozer-blade

The tank was done by PaintFan08, see here: http://paintfan08.deviantart.com/
He should have it posted as part of his main gallery soon. I'm glad he put up with my nit-picking.

Last edited by Colonel Marksman on Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 3:01; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

G.D. Wallez's Ride Empty Re: G.D. Wallez's Ride

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 2:31

Alpha sits atop a hill in the Georgian countryside looking down at the latest Ossetian offensive. He spies through his monocular a fleet of four Dark Knight Mk. 1's among other artillery approaching the Russian enclave who happen to be his current retainer. Putting away his monocular, Alpha takes a deep breath and mutters the only appropriate word he can think of.

Alpha: Fuck.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 9:40

Alpha: Damn, and I only have three 9K115-2 Metis-Ms...
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 13:06

Kiskaloo wrote:Alpha: Damn, and I only have three 9K115-2 Metis-Ms...
There's a reason 5 wouldn't help either, even against 1 tank.

TROPHY is an anti-RPG/anti-tank missile system that detects certain signals from a launch triggers the system. It calculates where the shooter is and the projectile's speed and angle. If it will hit the tank, TROPHY launches a counter in the form of a concentrated shotgun, that will pre-detonate the round, turning it to scrap metal before it touches the tank. At least, that's what's believed to be how the system works. It works at multiple angles from multiple attacks. Three shooters could be in three different places and shoot at nearly the same time--same results.

It is so effective that troops standing next to the tank are protected from RPG rounds as well.

NOTE: This is not fiction. This is a real, anti-RPG system that the United States Army has rejected. They are waiting for their own company to build a similar system that uses a missile-to-missile system that won't be around for another 5 years. TROPHY is active now, and serves the Israeli Defense Force.

You could have 16 all launch at the exact same time at all 4 of the tanks, and they will continue rolling as if nothing happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 13:15

I looked it up and it sounds impressive.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 13:23

Kiskaloo wrote:I looked it up and it sounds impressive.

Still, eventually a counter will be developed. There always is...

The Russians have tried that already, but it failed. At the present, the TROPHY is incredibly new, and nobody really knows what it looks like. Exactly how it works is still top-secret for that very reason. But they have created a dummy round that will launch ahead of the RPG that will supposedly activate the system before the actual RPG round hits. There's two problems with this already:
1. The system will detect and identify that RPG,
2. It won't stop a second wave from hitting the real RPG round as well.

Because it identifies RPG rounds, there's no need to worry about it trying to stop petty things like bullets or something slow like someone tossing up a bag.

The Russians have also tried making their own system and failed. Theirs works by a warning system that will alert the tank commander. He can press a button that will pivot the tank's barrel towards the RPG shot, and releases a massive spray of pellets that will protect the tank if it were to be hit... but would be incredibly dangerous to infantry near the tank.

The American version is better, but more expensive, and I'm sure that being a missile-to-missile system won't be as active at TROPHY.

The United States developed the F-22 and F-35. Stealth fighter aircraft. I haven't seen any counters to stealth technology in the 3+ decades it's been around.

I feel bad for the Russians sometimes...

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 13:33

there is a problem,engine cooling ,moving the engine to the front is great for crew protection but it does cause a load of plumbing problems,the Merkava can do it because it was designed that way but a rebuild from a rear engined tank would be different .
anyway Alpha could just call in a Predator armed with CBU -97 and blow it to hell
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 17:18

Awinnell wrote:there is a problem,engine cooling ,moving the engine to the front is great for crew protection but it does cause a load of plumbing problems,the Merkava can do it because it was designed that way but a rebuild from a rear engined tank would be different .
anyway Alpha could just call in a Predator armed with CBU -97 and blow it to hell
This is excellent observation and insight, but I thought of that too (the engine, I mean). The air-intake and coolant system is in the same place as it would be in the rear, just reversed to the front. One [secret] reason I wanted the dozer blade there. The basic outline/frame of the M60 was used, but the entire inside has practically been cleared out. It's no longer an M60. It's so far removed it can't even be considered an M60 (but that's kinda obvious). Armor plating has been added, and the front has been extended, as well as typical M60 upgrade kits.

It's more like converting a pick-up to front-wheel drive than simply adding upgrades and kits to it.

As for the CBU-97 (from a Predator), that is your typical tank destruction for which there's yet any defense.

Wallez's nation is fixed in south-eastern Africa, and first-class nations like the United States and Russia are his allies. I don't know where Alpha is going to get a Predator. I don't expect the Dark Knight to take beatings from the air. If I wanted a tank to do that, I'd give Wallez something that was anti-Warthog, which is of course impossible.

But a CBU97 isn't going to turn it (or them, in this case) into a gigantic fireball that completely incinerates the tank to nothing, either. Blowing a tank to kingdom come is rather difficult these days. Even the IDF have tried to destroy one of their own Merkavas in two bombing runs to keep it from getting captured, and failed. So they closely guarded it instead. The next day, they found the tank in workable condition, hauled it away, replaced parts and fixed it up, and it was up and running again.

And Wallez isn't stupid either. The billionaire that he is, he has satellites monitoring his military operations and his own UAVs. If one of his enemies is capable of moving an aircraft against his tanks and infantry forces, his F-16 pilots are nearby somewhere... provided the enemy has a airbase to launch such an attack left. It all depends on the situation of course.

But the SWA can't call a Predator with CBU-97s against a Gray Knight (lesser production model) with an important hostage inside. That was how they planned to get away with the Pope, but didn't work out that way, they never made it. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 17:25

I'm actually going to write a chapter in one of my fic's where the cyborgs use the rear hatch as an advantage. I'd be hard, but two cyborgs and their handlers could probably open it. Toss in a grenade, and well, there goes the crew, and the tank is still salvageable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 19:46

Only a n00b crew would leave their hatches unlocked during combat.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 22:18

There is no way you are going to sneak about the streets of Rome in that thing! Let alone look for a parking space that would fit it!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 22:28

he'd just have to take up four parking spots (most likely crushing two to four cars in order to park)

comedy win, logistics fail.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Wed 29 Apr 2009 - 3:20

LOLZ, I can see it now.

Wallez: No...no...no...THERE(points), RIGHT THERE! GO! GO! GO!!!

-Just as the Dark Knight Mk. 1's driver 'steps on the gas'; a little Fiat quickly pulls into one of the four parking spaces-

Walez: ...........SHIT!!!!!!!!! MAN THE CANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Wed 29 Apr 2009 - 3:46

Only a n00b crew would leave their hatches unlocked during combat.

That's why can-openers are standard issue for all cyborgs in the field; not only can they unscrew the enemy, but when the battle's over they can prepare your tea back at base!
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 29 Apr 2009 - 12:49

lolz

can openers...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Wed 29 Apr 2009 - 13:04

boomer_gonz wrote:LOLZ, I can see it now.

-Just as the Dark Knight Mk. 1's driver 'steps on the gas'; a little Fiat quickly pulls into one of the four parking spaces-

lolololololololol
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Wed 29 Apr 2009 - 13:16

my driving licence allows me to drive a tank on the public roads !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 29 Apr 2009 - 21:17

Tommygunner70 wrote:
boomer_gonz wrote:LOLZ, I can see it now.

lolololololololol
Laughing :lol!: Evil :lol!: Laughing Laughing :lol!: Evil :lol!: Laughing Laughing :lol!: Evil :lol!: Laughing
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2009 - 22:59

Hmm... blow up the Fiat, or just roll over it and park anyway? Maybe blow it up and run over the rest.

LOL!

Humor aside, Nacht, the crew doesn't leave the rear hatch unlocked (which is in itself designed as an emergency exit. It's opened by lever). Rather, the CRG's fitting of the Gray Knight isn't done as well as a full professional army, but ElfenMatrix hit dead center the idea: you can't sneak a tank around Rome (most of the streets around the Vatican are hardly wide enough for a decent-sized car!), and there's not parking space. Providing rear cover for the tank isn't something the CRG planned ahead on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 May 2009 - 0:50

My artist got the link up and going. This was reworked 4 times. If you want to leave comments for the artist directly:

http://paintfan08.deviantart.com/art/Dark-Knight-Main-Battle-Tank-121383533

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 9 Jun 2009 - 14:31

(Damn, I can't believe I forgot about this)

Now onto the real deal. What would Alpha do to stop the fleet of DK MK.1's?

Simple, nothing. Well, nothing in the sense of destroying them so to speak. But shit fails, breaks down, and runs out of gas all the time. The secret is just making them go where you want them to.

Noting that the Ossetian Militia possibly has all their dice rolled on the artillery, they surround the Dark Knight MK. 1's with various other artillery implements and infantry making for a VERY slow moving hodgepodge of a group. Since keeping them from the front lines is priority, and outright destroying them is out of the question with what Alpha's group has for the time being; making them run in circles or at least into the hills and mountains is ideal.

Alpha and his Forsaken 8; will use feint strikes, RPG's and ground charges to scare the bejeesus out of the opposition making them believe that there are hostiles in that direction. Rather then take up defensive positions and actually use their artillery, most likely they will attempt to find a way around the hostiles.

Since most of the ammunition available is likely to be reserved for the main offensive very little of it will be used to actually combat whatever small enclave they encounter relying more on their infantry to do so and Alpha's group will take advantage of this as he and his sharpshooter pick them off a few at a time before falling back and moving ahead of the artillery group once more as they change direction.

They will continue to do this until something breaks down or runs out of gas. In the latter situation they would possibly leave it behind and transfer the gas and munition to be used with the remaining artillery and thus abandoning the main armament. Upon which Alpha will wait overnight to see if the abandoned armament is going to be unguarded and unshadowed. If it is the case, Alpha will order the wrecking boys of the Forsaken 8 to stay behind another night in order to demolish the abandoned armament.

Alpha will continue to do this stopping only to wait for air dropped supplies until either all is lost or the Ossetian's front line is annilated.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 9 Jun 2009 - 14:56

here's another thought... give the location of said tanks to an American news agency, then sit back and watch the carnage escalate. Officers in Old Ironsides and the Big Red One are always lookin' for an excuse to mobilize and head south (well... southeast, usually, but I'm sure they'd welcome a diversion from peacetime busywork). Wink
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Jun 2009 - 23:57

boomer_gonz wrote:(Damn, I can't believe I forgot about this)

Now onto the real deal. What would Alpha do to stop the fleet of DK MK.1's?

Simple, nothing. Well, nothing in the sense of destroying them so to speak. But shit fails, breaks down, and runs out of gas all the time. The secret is just making them go where you want them to.

Noting that the Ossetian Militia possibly has all their dice rolled on the artillery, they surround the Dark Knight MK. 1's with various other artillery implements and infantry making for a VERY slow moving hodgepodge of a group. Since keeping them from the front lines is priority, and outright destroying them is out of the question with what Alpha's group has for the time being; making them run in circles or at least into the hills and mountains is ideal.

Alpha and his Forsaken 8; will use feint strikes, RPG's and ground charges to scare the bejeesus out of the opposition making them believe that there are hostiles in that direction. Rather then take up defensive positions and actually use their artillery, most likely they will attempt to find a way around the hostiles.

Since most of the ammunition available is likely to be reserved for the main offensive very little of it will be used to actually combat whatever small enclave they encounter relying more on their infantry to do so and Alpha's group will take advantage of this as he and his sharpshooter pick them off a few at a time before falling back and moving ahead of the artillery group once more as they change direction.

They will continue to do this until something breaks down or runs out of gas. In the latter situation they would possibly leave it behind and transfer the gas and munition to be used with the remaining artillery and thus abandoning the main armament. Upon which Alpha will wait overnight to see if the abandoned armament is going to be unguarded and unshadowed. If it is the case, Alpha will order the wrecking boys of the Forsaken 8 to stay behind another night in order to demolish the abandoned armament.

Alpha will continue to do this stopping only to wait for air dropped supplies until either all is lost or the Ossetian's front line is annilated.

Puzzled ... Considering:
1. G.D. Wallez has a standing army of 9 million (troops)
.... a. Over 50% of that 9 million is better trained and more experienced than most American Spec Ops
.... b. 100,000+ of those troops are equipped as American Spec Ops, with 5 years of constant combat experience
.... c. A good number of the officers in the military include men trained as mechanics/medics
.... d. Such mechanics/medics receive supplies and training from schools in America as a requirement
.... e. Members who go 1 month without combat must complete a week of combat training

2. G.D. Wallez's central commands has constant satellite intelligence
.... a. The crews that run his central commands drill frequently
.... b. The same crews were trained by the IDF

3. In addition, G.D. Wallez has a fully-capable modern military
.... a. The pilots are also trained by the IDF
.... b. The pilots run combat missions with the IDF and dogfight frequently
.... c. The pilots have access to the most sophisticated and modern technology next to the United States
.... d. The same pilots also have those excellent ground crews from point 1d.

4. Wallez's personal "honor guard" are the best mercenaries in the world, that trains and leads his army
.... a. These mercenaries include Western fighter pilots
.... b. These mercenaries include Western tank operators

.... your plans will have to be more complex than that. Wallez takes great pride in his tanks, but he knows they're not invincible.

When your personal paycheck shows 100+ billion dollars on it, you can pretty much do anything in the world you damn well please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 0:58

Godhax? In fanfic? Inconceivable!
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 1:01

...I thought the dude had a small country...
and the IDF couldn't even come close to training intelligence crews/pilots for that large a fighting force. You're talking more people than are in the entire Defense Force.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 1:09

Wouldn't nine million make his army bigger then China's? Puzzled

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 2:22

Also the above situation I'm referring to is THIS.

If G. D. Wallez wishes to side with the Ossetian's in this conflict the Russians WILL know about it and (knowing from history how the Russians react to such things) view it as an act of agression. Hence a declaration of war from not only the Russians, but through allied obligations; most of the nations sitting on the UN Security Council. Supplying rebels is one thing as conflict is good for buisness as Alpha would say. However, I don't see G. D. Wallez giving the UN a reason to "ruin a good thing".

The situation I've detailed above is in the instance that the Ossetians have "acquired" such artillery and are transporting them to the front line. The Russians have acquired intel on the matter and wish to keep these reinforcements from the front line without having to commit any of their main forces. Remebering his effectivness in putting down various Chechen seperatists movements in the past, the Russians commission Alpha once more to prevent the conflict from lasting longer than it has to.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 8:17

US army 1,454,515 personnel
UK army 95,560
Russian 1,037,000 currently active

Last edited by Awinnell on Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 9:27; edited 1 time in total
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 9:23

Well in that case, I'd just nuke the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure, ya know...
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 9:23

Piero wrote:Wouldn't nine million make his army bigger then China's? Puzzled

By a factor of three. The PLA has 2.25 million under arms on active duty and another .75 million in the reserves.

At 9 million, G.D.'s army is as large as the top active duty eight armies of the planet combined (China, United States, India, North Korea, Russia, Pakistan, South Korea and Iran).
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 10:36

Kiskaloo wrote:Well in that case, I'd just nuke the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure, ya know...
Or just get ONE Xenomorph egg inside Razz
Whatface
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 880

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 16:12

Wallez's nation comprises of Somalia, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Djibouti (the latter under invasion and annexation). His draft is ages 16-35, and both males and females must serve Active Duty.

There are almost 20 million persons fit for military service.

Now, while this does seem like a lot of Godhax, most of the infantry are only tactically well-trained (barrel rolls, marksmanship, knife fighting, basic survival, etc), and most of the military is ill-equipped.

Example, a standard Marine may have a radio, his M-16, 3 magazines of ammunition, his sidearm, small med kit, sleeping bag, emergency rations, binoculars, combat knife, some rope, 2 fragmentation grenades, and 3 rounds for his grenade launcher on his M-16, plus all cleaning kits to maintain all said equipment, and a change of clothes.
This one Marine knows every battle plan, the chain of command, and who to contact when in what scenario.

Most of the soldiers in Wallez's army have an AK-47 with 1 magazine, and... well... shoes (unless someone stole them). He knows that the men wearing green uniforms with M-16s and not AK-47-type weapons are people to be shot at.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 16:50

Colonel Marksman wrote:Now, while this does seem like a lot of Godhax, most of the infantry are only tactically well-trained (barrel rolls, marksmanship, knife fighting, basic survival, etc)...

And yet:

Colonel Marksman wrote:G.D. Wallez has a standing army of 9 million (troops)...(with o)ver 50% of that 9 million...better trained and more experienced than most American Spec Ops...100,000+ of those troops are equipped as American Spec Ops, with 5 years of constant combat experience...(and m)embers who go 1 month without combat must complete a week of combat training.

So you still have 4.5 million men trained better and with more combat experience than a United States Special Forces soldier. They may not be as well-equipped, but they still should be very formidable.

That is still more men under arms then China, the United States and India (the #1, 2 and 3 armed forces) combined and they are all better trained and have more combat experience than every man under arms in China, the US and India.

And the 100,000 men who are equal to a United States Special Forces soldier in terms of equipment, training and combat experience likely outnumber the standing special forces unit membership in the United States armed forces.

Colonel Marksman wrote:(a)nd most of the military is ill-equipped.

Well the infantry, perhaps, but the Air Force sounds pretty well-equipped:

Colonel Marksman wrote:G.D. Wallez has a fully-capable modern military (with) pilots...trained by the IDF (and who) have access to the most sophisticated and modern technology next to the United States (and benefit from) excellent ground crews.

So even if the armed forces of the world have better equipment in general then G.D. Wallez's troops, I can only think of the following for the rest of the world's armed forces:

G.D. Wallez's Ride Numbers
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 18:31

Lol.

Numbers haven't stopped armed forces from winning in the past. Israel is a very good example. I mean, win a war within a week's time when you're outnumbered 4 to 1?

Besides, America doesn't have a military draft in effect at the moment. While Wallez has 20 million total ready for military service (at the most), with 9 million serving, America has 59 million males alone.

And were Russia and America to commit all of their forces into invading Wallez's nation, Wallez would be outnumbered (over 10 million military personnel) and his air force would probably be decimated fairly easily.

But you forget that wars are not fought in large, open-area grounds, where both sides send waves of troops at each other until the victor pushes the other side. However, Wallez did learn from history. Black Hawk Down, for instance, involved hundreds, maybe 1,000+ Somali casualties (wounded and killed) to less than 150 American casualties. Wallez learned the reasons and took those thousands of Somalis shooting at the Americans and turned them into semi-controlled marksmen.

Most of the warfare anyone will be conducting against Wallez will be guerrilla urban combat. Once you take over the nation (actually "win" the war), it will be like trying to hold Iraq with 80% of the population trained as well as you are, shooting back at you, rather than minor forces supported by ill-equipped and trained terrorist groups.

Regardless of what enemy nation takes over a city, the army designated to hold the city is up against the entire population of civilians. This is why if an enemy army invades California, it is utterly doomed. People there are terrified of anything as they rely on the government to help them. In Texas, the enemy army is doomed. They're going to be facing an entire armed population, most of whom are willing to fight back. The only sure way to stop the fighting would simply be to nuke the state, which requires losing all of the resources. In these cases, regardless of how well-trained your military is, your intelligence and security means absolutely nothing.

And that is Wallez's greatest strength in his army. The fact that a great majority of the civilian population are trained members of a military, marksmen, and tactical warriors.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 21:17

just one thing... it's still godhax to claim the nations you listed have the resources to support such a force. In reality the fighting forces in that area are comprised mainly of underfed, illiterate conscripts. Putting together the infrastructure to train that many people (even half-assed training such as the Afghanis receive) would take decades... and it would have to start with a basic education.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 22:40

One properly placed Nuetron Bomb Device (ancient '80s Nuclear device that kills people but keeps property and items intact) and its all over for Wallez.

But we're too nice to take such options.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 22:56

lolz... Neutron bomb...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 0:11

LoC978 wrote:just one thing... it's still godhax to claim the nations you listed have the resources to support such a force. In reality the fighting forces in that area are comprised mainly of underfed, illiterate conscripts. Putting together the infrastructure to train that many people (even half-assed training such as the Afghanis receive) would take decades... and it would have to start with a basic education.

You haven't read up on Wallez's methods and his background fluff have you? You think he just walked into those nations and claimed they were his?

In the beginning...

Wallez was poor. His father always had plans for "get rich quick" schemes but ended up going deeper into debt. He had a loving mother who became a Christian and took him to church. This angered his drunk father who beat him if he went, and he beat her. Eventually, Mr. Wallez killed his wife for insurance money and moved to Central America.

George Douglas had a history of father-replacements who brought him up the way he is now. These men fed him wisdom, strength, and the complex psychopathic mind. This part of his history is not important for this discussion.

When Wallez turned 17, he turned on his father and just before he killed him, won the lottery... a big one. He entered to win another lottery contest the following year and won a second time. He crammed most everything into a 5% high yield CD, finished High School, and moved back to the United States. There he started a degree to become a medical surgeon. As he was halfway through, he stopped to turn to law, and then business law.

As an A+ student with a lot of money, he wormed his way through society and struck it rich and very, very lucky. It was agreed between a group of men, they would combine their shares in a world-wide mega-company (I won't state exactly what company, but just imagine 1 man owning every single share provided by Wal-Mart) and voted to turn this corporation into a propiertership, with Wallez as the head. Their total shares overrides the other shareholders' votes, and thus all of the shares suddenly consolidated to Wallez, all tens of thousands of them.

Wallez again stuffs almost everything into a short-term, high-yield CD. As time goes on, he begins to buy smaller companies that are going out of business or don't have a lot of shares.

Soon, he owns a grocery store, a paper factory, and a truck delivery service. He discovered he can recycle money back to himself in this way. The grocery store and delivery service buys paper from the paper factory while the paper factory also sold to other companies. The truck delivery service transported food and paper, and provided delivery service to other companies. The paper factory and truck delivery service were able to get catered events from the grocery store.

Eventually, Wallez held those three, plus an oil industry (drilling in Antarctica), cell phone company, and a health/life insurance company (and he then had all of his employees buy insurance plans from his own insurance company), plus a dying construction company that now builds and repairs locations for all of his businesses.

In this time, Wallez bought the shares to All Factor, the best and most sophisticated mercenary service company in the world at the time (supplying even helicopter and aircraft pilots). He used this mercenary company to take over Somalia. He backed his efforts with promise of peace and unity, and with his slippery, snake-like tongue, the world heard his words and cheered him on.

With Somalia in his hands, he made some offers to the people. He took all of those companies he owns and planted them in Somalia (including All Factor). This provided jobs for the people, food, and currency circulation. He required that everyone join his military, giving them additional benefits. At first, it started much like a gang or drug lord, but being so professional and powerful, quickly overran and consumed most of the resistance.

He then consolidated his gains into surrounding nations, and provided cheap protection from pirates to shipping companies moving through the area or on their way from Africa to Asia.

You have to understand, Wallez's personal paycheck (his personal paycheck, not his total profits) exceeds 10 times the GDP of Somalia, Kenya, Ethiopia, and Djibouti combined.

One of the most important decisions Wallez made was that he did not instigate very strict gun laws. If you owned a gun, it was yours, regardless of the mechanism or whatever.

So, you know about Black Hawk Down, right? Everyone? You know of that? Well imagine if those Marines driving through the streets and the helicopters in the area were up against all of those people shooting at them and fighting them, trained once a month for a week's boot camp (while being fed sufficiently) by Black Water. That's the idea behind Wallez's army.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 0:27

Like I said, I'd nuke the site from orbit (will, sub-orbit using SLBMs and ICBMs).

I mean it's Africa. Who'd give a rat's ass if we turned it into a radioactive crater?

Come to think of it, that crater would be a great place for the world to store their civilian nuclear powerplant and medical waste. Good
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 0:34

Kiskaloo wrote:Like I said, I'd nuke the site from orbit (will, sub-orbit using SLBMs and ICBMs).

I mean it's Africa. Who'd give a rat's ass if we turned it into a radioactive crater?

Come to think of it, that crater would be a great place for the world to store their civilian nuclear powerplant and medical waste. Good

Guh... is Nuke the answer to everything? Because Wallez never anticipated long-distance WMD, he's not very well protected for it. (Then again, neither is the United States, but they at least have some defense systems). Good luck finding a nation willing to support a nuking though... unless of course you steal some... Muh-m-muhahahaha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 0:48

Colonel Marksman wrote:Guh... is Nuke the answer to everything?

G.D. Wallez's Ride Nukes
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 5:08

Colonel Marksman wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:Like I said, I'd nuke the site from orbit (will, sub-orbit using SLBMs and ICBMs).

Guh... is Nuke the answer to everything? Because Wallez never anticipated long-distance WMD, he's not very well protected for it. (Then again, neither is the United States, but they at least have some defense systems). Good luck finding a nation willing to support a nuking though... unless of course you steal some... Muh-m-muhahahaha!

Well isn't Wallez in an African region, the uranium mines are there, you don't need to launch them just use MAD (mutually assured destruction) to keep the other nuke wielding countries in check
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 6:57

guess he's immune to Murphy's Law, then. that was one smooth rise to power.
*shrug*
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 10:49

I don't know. If Marksman's fanfic is to be believed shite happens to Wallez all the time.

Wallez(walking through the doors of his mansion): Dammi----t! Dammit all the the eighth circle of HELL!!!
Wallez's Butler: Is everything alright, sir?
Wallez: No James everything is NOT alright. I died again...twice...IN ONE WEEK!!
James: Terrible to hear that , sir. Would you prefer a hot bath to calm your nerves, Master G?"
Wallez: ...Yeah sure, that sounds nice. I'm going to the cellar for a snack first.
James: Very good sir. We've received some fine and tender acquisitions that should satiate your palette.
Wallez: Excellent. Oh, and James; don't forget my rubber duck and battleships.
James: Of course not Master G.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 12:17

no need for nukes,just use religion instead , there'll be so much infighting and argueing the area will stay a 13th century backwater, instead of having to be nuked into one !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 12:30

of course food is the other reason why an army of 9 million is unlikely, if you feed them yourself the cost is astronomical,plus you would need the infrastructure in place to transport said food ,if they feed themselves they spend most of their time looking for or farming their own food,unless of course you ration the food of everyone in your nation severely and engage in large scale farming improvement,like the UK during WW II,which given the region is unlikely to result in any immediate improvement to crop yield ,and still requires you to have the infrastruture in place to move it all around !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 13:53

LoC978 wrote:guess he's immune to Murphy's Law, then. that was one smooth rise to power.
*shrug*

My excuse? It's fiction. Razz

And geez, Kiskaloo, how many of those posters do you have up your sleeve? Would you mind e-mailing all of them to me?

Awinnell wrote:of course food is the other reason why an army of 9 million is unlikely, if you feed them yourself the cost is astronomical,plus you would need the infrastructure in place to transport said food ,if they feed themselves they spend most of their time looking for or farming their own food,unless of course you ration the food of everyone in your nation severely and engage in large scale farming improvement,like the UK during WW II,which given the region is unlikely to result in any immediate improvement to crop yield ,and still requires you to have the infrastruture in place to move it all around !

You're talking about a man who basically owns Wal-Mart all to himself, and you're questioning a shortage of food? Lolz, I'm kidding.

Yes well, like I said, most of Wallez's army is simply a person who is dubbed a citizen of his nation, who shows up for mandatory combat training once a month for the free food and occasion there's other accomadations.

"Iz nice to be par' o' diz nation. I like da food, da training, and ah, da growing econoomy."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 14:05

Colonel Marksman wrote:And geez, Kiskaloo, how many of those posters do you have up your sleeve? Would you mind e-mailing all of them to me?

I keep them all here.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 1:16

I see we have many of the same ones...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 9:03

ooo mind if i take advantage of this...
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum