Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any ideas?

+6
Piero
Awinnell
Nachtsider
Danjo3
ElfenMagix
TTIO
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Any ideas? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any ideas?

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 22:17

Colonel Marksman wrote:The four-barreled weapon is incapable of jamming, have nearly no recoil...
You never shot a double barrel shotgun with both barrels at once...

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2008 - 16:06

ElfenMagix wrote:
Colonel Marksman wrote:The four-barreled weapon is incapable of jamming, have nearly no recoil...
You never shot a double barrel shotgun with both barrels at once...

Well, perhaps if ALL the barrels launched their payload at the exact same time, then I'd see problems. From what I've seen though, I figured it fired one barrel at a time. I don't see the point of having them all shoot at once, except maybe for a super-powerful shotgun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Sat 30 Aug 2008 - 21:27

Are you talking about the purposed metal storm weapon? That about the only four barrel weapon that remotely sounds close to what your talking about.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2008 - 22:56

Yes it is. It's the weapon of choice for the cyborg we are discussing. A rather... interesting... choice if you ask me.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 18:21

The problem here is I see it the gun itself.

If this 4 barrel is a bullet with a gunpowder casing, then its not going to work, and onw would have to go back to the pre/post American civil war tech of multi-barrel guns of the time. If in having bullets w/casing stacked one behind the other, you fire one bullet, the bullet behind it would have to push out the casing of the bullet before it when its turn comes. Mechanically, it would not work

If this were to be some sort of Rail Gun system, then I can see it working, BUT... the amount ot power One would need to make it work would be like having large 4 car batteries strapped to one's back to power the gun! Outside of that, there is no recoil on a rail gun system; but there is an over heating issues that needs to be dealt with or else your barrel will start to warp after the second round is shot.

ElfenMagix

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 18:28

The metal storm concept uses caseless ammo, hence no need to push out spent casings. Still, I don't believe anyone is fielding such weapons right now. I suggest sticking with a current production semi auto.

As for rail guns, well... they do have recoil. Probably less so then a gunpowder based weapon firing the same round to the same velocity, but they've still got to make that bullet move.

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 19:23

Piero wrote:The metal storm concept uses caseless ammo, hence no need to push out spent casings. Still, I don't believe anyone is fielding such weapons right now.

I have only seen prototypes of it, using scores of barrels in a large cube. And since the weapon is electrically-activated, you'd likely need a good-size battery for power.

Looking at their site, it seems they seem to be concentrating on grenade launching weapons.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 0:05

As for rail guns, well... they do have recoil. Probably less so then a gunpowder based weapon firing the same round to the same velocity, but they've still got to make that bullet move.

The metalstorm 4-barreled handgun shoots 4 bullets before it recoils. And no, it doesn't use gunpowder. It is some form of railgun, but it specifically surges an electrical charge that... gah, I forgot. Anyway, it is incapable of jamming, and there are no shell casings.

It would "jam" if the electronic systems failed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 0:32

Metal Storm is not a railgun. It uses electrical ignition, but chemical propellant.

Metal Storm is currently a developmental system, and Metal Storm based handguns don't seem to be the main priority right now. Stick with an existing revolver or semi auto.

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 0:36

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1151909149/Metal_Storm_Gun
Whatface
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 880

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 8:39

Piero wrote:Metal Storm is not a railgun. It uses electrical ignition, but chemical propellant.

Metal Storm is currently a developmental system, and Metal Storm based handguns don't seem to be the main priority right now. Stick with an existing revolver or semi auto.
Ah, thank you. I couldn't remember.

However, I believe TTIO has a specific ideal in mind, a sort of inspiration if you will, that led to the suggestion of the Metalstorm Handgun. Not just any gun will do.

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 12:09

Whatface wrote:http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1151909149/Metal_Storm_Gun

Someone already posted that, didn't they?

Anyway, I was under the impression that the Metal Storm was already availible, not just a prototype. That's why I chose it. And Marksman, you are absolutely correct. In the end, I picked Metal Storm because it was an existing gun that was reasonably close to what I wanted, even if not precisely there...
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 17:32

TTIO,
Don't let anyone discourage you too much when it comes to weapon choices. Hey, we are talking about child assassin cyborgs here... the metalstorm handgun doesn't compare!

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 20:05

You can have almost any weapon you want. I just like keeping real as possible.

I prefer to have it explained as minimally as possible on the first mention it comes up, and not making up patches for it along the way.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 20:23

ElfenMagix wrote:You can have almost any weapon you want. I just like keeping real as possible.

I prefer to have it explained as minimally as possible on the first mention it comes up, and not making up patches for it along the way.
That's also a good idea. I've fallen victim to that before... it isn't pretty. Suddenly, your great diamond idea becomes a slab of molten ice.

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 12:05

Laughing

In that case, methinks I'll stick with the Metal Storm...
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 22:29

TTIO wrote:Laughing

In that case, methinks I'll stick with the Metal Storm...

Go with what ya know. Smile
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2