Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photomanip - this is just downright scary!

+11
ElfenMagix
tremec6speed
Triela
Sakura
Thanatos
emperor
Probit Return
West Nile
Utsurokuri
Nachtsider
Tommygunner70
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Photomanip - this is just downright scary! Empty Photomanip - this is just downright scary!

Post by Guest Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 17:41

I'm not sure if this is the right place for photomanips, but it seems to fit. ^_^

Anyway, my friend sent me a picture of "The Loli Van", and the thought that immediately struck me was, "Damn, that thing looks just like the SWA Mobile Unit in chapter 27!" It was, fatefully, even at the same angle. Disturbed but amused, I decided to make a manip to see just how close they actually were.

Verdict?

The Original:
Photomanip - this is just downright scary! 40db55b9

The Clone:

Photomanip - this is just downright scary! WRYYYYYY2

I guess now we know what Aida-sensei uses for photo references, eh? (I bet he drives that thing to work! XD)

I, personally, find it rather teriffying. ^_^U But it's FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S TRUE.

Back to top Go down

Photomanip - this is just downright scary! Empty Re: Photomanip - this is just downright scary!

Post by Tommygunner70 Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 18:29

Now that is fucking halerious!
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Photomanip - this is just downright scary! Empty Re: Photomanip - this is just downright scary!

Post by Nachtsider Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 19:42

Given Yu's... predisposal to... certain things, Miiko, I'm not as surprised as I should be.

That vehicle's gonna be dubbed the SWA Partyvan from now on.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 20:21

Laughing LOL

That's some excellent PS work. Hell, if it was stacked inbetween regular pages my brain would freeze for at least 5 seconds going *WTH?* before I'd get the idea that it must be altered.

p.s. - Can you post the original manga image (if you havev it on hand)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 20:59

Tommygunner70 wrote:Now that is fucking halerious!

Thanks! ^-^

Although I think the speech bubbles could have been funnier. BUT THAT IMAGE SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 21:04

Nachtsider wrote:That vehicle's gonna be dubbed the SWA Partyvan from now on.

HAHAHAHA! When the van's a-rockin', don't come a-knockin'? *SHOT*

Nachtsider wrote:Given Yu's... predisposal to... certain things, Miiko, I'm not as surprised as I should be.

...This makes me cry. ;___; See, I always thought we fans were just reading too much into it. I imagined Aida-sensei would laugh at fans who think some handlers might feel the same way. The worst part is, I don't know whether to be gratified that 'Etta's love isn't one-sided, or disgusted that the affirmation has to be so...graphic. >.<

You don't make a girl laugh and then crush her soul, Nacht! You just don't! ;_____; (<-- this is my status for the next WEEK.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 21:09

3klicks wrote:Laughing LOL

That's some excellent PS work. Hell, if it was stacked inbetween regular pages my brain would freeze for at least 5 seconds going *WTH?* before I'd get the idea that it must be altered.

p.s. - Can you post the original manga image (if you havev it on hand)?

Thanks! Hehe, making this DID make my brain freeze. XD It still hasn't started back up! See, what's scary is that it took very, very little altering - I've never Photoshopped anything like that before and it just WORKED. Because basically, they're the same picture.

Original is here! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 21:16

Miiko Ashida wrote:You don't make a girl laugh and then crush her soul, Nacht! You just don't! ;_____; (<-- this is my status for the next WEEK.)

That bit I'm fully aware of, given the fact that I'm married. But, oh, Miiko - I never meant to make you cry, and I'm sorry if I did. I guess not everyone's got a bizarre sense of humor like my wife and I...
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 22:05

Nachtsider wrote:That bit I'm fully aware of, given the fact that I'm married. But, oh, Miiko - I never meant to make you cry, and I'm sorry if I did. I guess not everyone's got a bizarre sense of humor like my wife and I...

*sniffle* It's...it's not your...fault! *sniff* You only reminded me of HIS treachery! Curse you, Aida Yu! The one male mangaka I thought I could TRUST! NO (<- this smiley would be better without sunglasses, so you could see my Giant Shoujo Tears. But I suppose we can't have everything.)

I'll find it funny when I recover. But I'm just going through the grieving process again - first I had to let go of my 'ship for them, and now I have to give up the acceptance I'd gained of their platonic-ness. Nothing is permanent in this life. Oh, cruel, cruel world.

You're lucky to have found someone who understands you. As I understand it, this is not a common thing!

...You know, you being married has caused me to have a revelation. Apparently, not only is everyone in the GSG fandom male when I had assumed them to be female, but they're all in their twenties, as well. Now not only do I feel a weird sense of "otherness", but I realize that OMG, EVERYONE IS OLDER THAN ME. Cue insecruity! Am I young and immature and completely out of the loop about what adults are like? Waaaah! (Two emotional breakdowns in as many hours - that has to be a new sort of record for me! XD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Utsurokuri Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 22:05

LOL! this is down right...I can't even find a word for it.

It's alright Nacht everyone is a little bizarre in their own way....I think? So your not alone in that department. XD

@Miiko Oh would like me to make myself sparse then? XD -joking-

Last edited by Utsurokuri on Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 22:08; edited 1 time in total
Utsurokuri
Utsurokuri

Female

Forum Posts : 101

Fan of : -points to avatar-

Original Characters : TBA

Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 22:08

Oh... my... gosh... well, excellent find, Miiko!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 22:39

Utsurokuri wrote:LOL! this is down right...I can't even find a word for it.

Haha, I'm glad for you? ...I think?

Utsurokuri wrote:@Miiko Oh would like me to make myself sparse then? XD -joking-

...I'm so confused! O.O

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 22:41

Colonel Marksman wrote:Oh... my... gosh... well, excellent find, Miiko!

Ehehe. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 22:42

Miiko Ashida wrote:

The Clone:

I guess now we know what Aida-sensei uses for photo references, eh? (I bet he drives that thing to work! XD)

I, personally, find it rather teriffying. ^_^U But it's FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S TRUE.

Laughing :lollol: Laughing
well looking at what Yu Aida use to do (doujinshi) the posibility is not hard to imagine
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 22:50

He's from Japan, Miiko. The land of bukakkes, Sakura Sena and lascivious tentacles - the land where Chris Hansen would have a field day if he decided to run an enjoh kosai service that was secretly a front to arrest people with... unnatural tendences. You should therefore know what to expect. But Idle Talk isn't the final product, and you can therefore accept Henrietta and Giuseppe being platonic like they are in the series proper.

Thing is, myself and a lot of the other people here were drawn to Gunslinger Girl in no small way due to the tech involved. Firearms, cybernetics, black-ops, special weapons and tactics - most of this stuff is largely geared towards a male audience. Although there are women who are into this category of interests (my wife is one), I think it's safe to say that their numbers aren't as large as those of their male counterparts. Don't worry about being young or immature - youth isn't a bad thing, and you've proven yourself to be wonderfully mature, judging from all you've contributed. And we've got two female members who are your juniors - Triela and DarlingRose.

Thanks for the kind words regarding my marriage, Miiko. It's true that my wife and I complement each other in every possible way - this phenomenon often freaks people out. Likes, dislikes, blood group, hospital of birth... the list is endless!
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 22:57

*puts the doujinshi foulder in his recycling bin and emties it*

if my girlfriend catches me with this i won't blame her if she left me...
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 23:00

The only pictures a man in a relationship should look at in that way are pictures of his woman, and his woman alone.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 23:46

West Nile wrote:
Miiko Ashida wrote:

The Clone:

Laughing :lollol: Laughing
well looking at what Yu Aida use to do (doujinshi) the posibility is not hard to imagine

...Eep. O.O (I have not seen his fan doujin. I'm really afraid to, now.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 23:58

Nachtsider wrote:He's from Japan, Miiko. The land of bukakkes, Sakura Sena and lascivious tentacles - the land where Chris Hansen would have a field day if he decided to run an enjoh kosai service that was secretly a front to arrest people with... unnatural tendences. You should therefore know what to expect. But Idle Talk isn't the final product, and you can therefore accept Henrietta and Giuseppe being platonic like they are in the series proper.

Thing is, myself and a lot of the other people here were drawn to Gunslinger Girl in no small way due to the tech involved. Firearms, cybernetics, black-ops, special weapons and tactics - most of this stuff is largely geared towards a male audience. Although there are women who are into this category of interests (my wife is one), I think it's safe to say that their numbers aren't as large as those of their male counterparts. Don't worry about being young or immature - youth isn't a bad thing, and you've proven yourself to be wonderfully mature, judging from all you've contributed. And we've got two female members who are your juniors - Triela and DarlingRose.

Thanks for the kind words regarding my marriage, Miiko. It's true that my wife and I complement each other in every possible way - this phenomenon often freaks people out. Likes, dislikes, blood group, hospital of birth... the list is endless!

...I am not even going to wonder what this Sakura Sena thing is, if it's at all like bukakke and tentacle monsters. See, I would be comforted by Idle Talk/Tatakau beign prototypes, except that it's pretty clear to me he only toned it down for the sake of publishability. Which saddens me. And I don't necessarily like to see them as platonic; I just don't like to think they're having gratuitous sex, with 'Etta as young as she is.

I love firearms, and the theory behind the cybernetics fascinates me, but when it comes to details (outside of the specs of a gun) I start to lose interest in such technical areas. ^_^U I'm famously liberal-arts in my tastes in fiction.

I'm glad to know I'm not alone. And that I apparently "contribute", though I must have missed the part where I did that! ;P

That's pretty amazing - even down into details like blood type! I've heard of people finding their "soul mate" or "other self", but that's incredible! Hard to believe people do get lucky like that sometimes, but it's heartening. Smile (And heartwarming!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 0:02

West Nile wrote:*puts the doujinshi foulder in his recycling bin and emties it*

if my girlfriend catches me with this i won't blame her if she left me...

XD Girlfriends usually know their guy looks at "questionable material" regardless of proof. It's a fact of life girls have had eons to come to grips with. Razz

(PS: it's also quite possible your girlfriend looks at some herself, once in a while.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 0:03

My wife and I don't. We consider it akin to cheating.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 0:06

Nachtsider wrote:The only pictures a man in a relationship should look at in that way are pictures of his woman, and his woman alone.

*raises eyebrow* While admirable, that is a very high standard you've just set, my friend.

My friends are lucky if their boyfriends don't cheat on them outright. *tsktsk*

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 0:08

Loyalty is arguably the single most important virtue of them all. The meaning of it ain't lost on me, sistah.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 0:11

I could never cheat on a woman. I'd think of myself as scum. Same goes for if the woman would cheat on me. I have no sypathy for that stuff so I understand where Nacht is coming from.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 0:23

Put it there, pard.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 0:33

Nachtsider wrote:Loyalty is arguably the single most important virtue of them all. The meaning of it ain't lost on me, sistah.

Probit Return wrote:I could never cheat on a woman. I'd think of myself as scum. Same goes
for if the woman would cheat on me. I have no sypathy for that stuff so
I understand where Nacht is coming from.

Hm. What do you know - male kind isn't all composed of the sampling we have here in my podunk town! Who'd have thought? ^_~

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 0:40

Get out of that town, Miiko - stat.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 0:43

I agree with Nacht. Although, you probably won't get any better where ever you go. Then again, I have troubles with trust so my opinion is probably biased.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 4:11

Miiko Ashida wrote:Photomanip - this is just downright scary! WRYYYYYY2

The bleak, bleak visage of the SWA Party Van will haunt me until the day I die. X____X; This is why not to join the PRF, folks. They put you in there. Except the only child inside is Rico, and she, like Chris Hansen, is very interested in what you've been doing lately. And she asks with her fists.

Also, Miiko-san, I feel your pain as re: the whole relationship games that Aida loves to play with Gunslinger Girl. As well as Idle Talk/the Prototype Doujinshi, which gives me great conflict-- I love Early!Petra so much, yet Henrietta and Giuse should...should not be doing that. No. X_X;;; 'Etta is young to even be having such ideas, even if her love is the romantic variety.

HUG 'ETTA MORE IN CANON, GIUSE. THIS IS AN ORDER. X_X;

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 20:58

Loyalty is arguably the single most important virtue of them all. The meaning of it ain't lost on me, sistah.
Here, here! Though my standards are rather ridiculous considering most, (first kiss = wedding day, for example) loyalty to someone I don't think I've met yet (or may have!) is something even my father cannot fathom.

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 23:20

Not cute enough.

Razz
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 1:04

Colonel Marksman wrote:Here, here! Though my standards are rather ridiculous considering most, (first kiss = wedding day, for example) loyalty to someone I don't think I've met yet (or may have!) is something even my father cannot fathom.

If you've met your soulmate, you don't have to wait till your marriage to kiss them.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 12:33

Nachtsider wrote:
Colonel Marksman wrote:Here, here! Though my standards are rather ridiculous considering most, (first kiss = wedding day, for example) loyalty to someone I don't think I've met yet (or may have!) is something even my father cannot fathom.

If you've met your soulmate, you don't have to wait till your marriage to kiss them.

That's the trick: I don't know for sure my soulmate until the wedding day. We basically save it all for our marriage.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Wed 12 Mar 2008 - 6:02

Soulmate's don't exist, no one is made for you... you have to make your self fit for the other and the other must make sacrifices to be fit for you.

as for the porn issue, she understands that guys looks at porn, but lolicon is going to probably be unforgivable...
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 12 Mar 2008 - 6:18

West Nile wrote:Soulmate's don't exist, no one is made for you... you have to make your self fit for the other and the other must make sacrifices to be fit for you.

Don't mean to be rude or anything, Nile, but those are the classic words of somebody who hasn't met his - you keep that style of thinking up and you probably never will. Everyone has a soulmate - the only hitch is whether or not you run into them. Most people don't.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Wed 12 Mar 2008 - 7:41

sorry to burst your bubble but all im trying to say is that believing in soulmates is to believe that love is effortless and easy, like in the movies. in reality love requires a deliberate effort to make it work.

i can say i love someone, but i know that there is no such thing as destiny that will bind us together forever, i know that if the relationship will only work if i continue to put effort in it. desire can only go so far, that is why couples go on divorce in a couple of years
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Wed 12 Mar 2008 - 15:09

West Nile is right, "Soul mate" love may be a beautiful concept and one we all want to have but it just doesn´t exist.

No one is ever 100% made for another person, it always involves commitment and work. That´s one of the most important aspects of a relationship.

Thanatos

Male

Forum Posts : 140

Fan of : Portugal

Original Characters : DUR HUR

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 12 Mar 2008 - 17:30

Perhaps y'all misunderstand me. What I was trying to drive at was that somewhere out there, there always exists someone special - someone who mirrors your likes and dislikes, who understands you on many different levels, whom you can form an affinity almost effortlessly with. In short, a person who's essentially another you, whom you needn't bend over backwards to conform to - someone who wouldn't grumble if you decided to, for instance, go out to watch a soccer match, but want to go to the soccer match as well, and not because they're just trying to make you happy, but because they're soccer fans, too.

I never meant that effort would be unecessary to make a relationship with such a person work. 'Almost effortlessly forming an affinity' with this person is one thing, but making this existing affinity blossom into full-fledged love and maintaining it through loyalty and commitment is, of course, paramount. But where this person is concerned, maintaining loyalty and commitment to the relationship will never, ever seem tedious or chore-like - you'd whole-heartedly enjoy every second of doing so, and the love that blooms from such effort would be an extremely intense one that lasts and lasts. Your soulmate would be the person whom you would always want to spend time with - not because you're trying to please them, but because you truly wish to be with them. The same, of course, would also apply for them.

Get my drift?
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Utsurokuri Wed 12 Mar 2008 - 21:23

@Miiko Ashida: Yeah you should be glad for me that I can't find a word...still can't. XDD

Sparse = Get lost because I make you feel younger...that sounds wrong but you know what I am....wait your only a year younger than me pfft.

@Nacht: A relationship is never a chore nor should it be treated like one the day it becomes like that you might as well fix it or leave it. Everyone apparently thinks i'm in love with my best-friend while she and I don't see anything wrong with two girls loving each other we are just really close.

Not my fault I found someone in my life that can finish my sentences sometimes, know what i'm feeling, and has no problem with my weirdness. XP
Utsurokuri
Utsurokuri

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 12 Mar 2008 - 21:38

At least Utsurokuri understands what I'm saying, and has experienced it to boot. Congratulations, U - I wish you and your friend naught but the best.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Mar 2008 - 0:05

Nachtsider has a particular advantage in wisdom of this matter... he's married... successfully. His deep understanding allows him to hold to his family very dearly.

I'm fortunate to know and understand that love, as most of America views it (I'm not sure what its like around the world), doesn't exist. It's just excited hormones. I don't deem myself wise, but rather unusually lucky.

All a soulmate is, is someone who is destined to be the best other half of you.

But I am a firm believer in something Christians call "unconditional love". What is that?

Imagine this. I beat my wife, knocking her unconscious. I sexually abuse our children. I look at porn and am proud of it. I insult her and call her ugly. I go out late at night and sleep with other women.

She still loves me. Unconditionally. It doesn't matter what I do, she will still love me. That is far, far from this easy love you speak of. A love that is that strong from both spouses will bind the family forever. She will forgive me no matter what I do.

Thus so, I love my soulmate, despite not having known who she is yet, because I am going to marry her who will have this type of love for me, and I for her.

My future wife may hurt me when I discover she slept with someone else, but in essence, I'd most likely (blame myself), and forgive her, I wouldn't stop loving her either. And on top of that, I'd feel sorry for the other guy, and love him too, as if he were my best friend who never betrayed me. Sure it'd be hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 13 Mar 2008 - 0:17

Thanks, Colonel. I've been with her for eight years - I know about true love.

But the 'unconditional love' scenario you put forward doesn't sound like it. It sounds like stupidity. True love is a two-way thing - if the other party does not return your dedication, all bets are off.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Mar 2008 - 10:49

My future wife may hurt me when I discover she slept with someone else, but in essence, I'd most likely (blame myself), and forgive her, I wouldn't stop loving her either. And on top of that, I'd feel sorry for the other guy, and love him too, as if he were my best friend who never betrayed me. Sure it'd be hard.

yeah^^

Well, I'm born in a Catholic family so I'm taught as such. And I do believe in such.

However, my reaction would be slightly...different.

IF I found my future wife sleeping with someone else, I'd blame myself, forgive her and feel sorry for the guy saying: 'HAH! TOO BAD! I HAVE HER VIRGINITY YOU PRICK!! BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!! Now you're forgiven.'

...sort of way.

...don't mind me, I'm just a stressed out High School student working on my EE (Extended Essay)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Mar 2008 - 21:25

But the 'unconditional love' scenario you put forward doesn't sound like it. It sounds like stupidity.
Well, it IS love without condition, afterall. It's a one-way love (and can be two-way, but if the other party stops loving, this one doesn't stop). This is the love Christians should have for their enemies.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Fri 14 Mar 2008 - 2:51

Nachtsider wrote:Perhaps y'all misunderstand me. What I was trying to drive at was that somewhere out there, there always exists someone special - someone who mirrors your likes and dislikes, who understands you on many different levels, whom you can form an affinity almost effortlessly with. In short, a person who's essentially another you, whom you needn't bend over backwards to conform to - someone who wouldn't grumble if you decided to, for instance, go out to watch a soccer match, but want to go to the soccer match as well, and not because they're just trying to make you happy, but because they're soccer fans, too.

I never meant that effort would be unecessary to make a relationship with such a person work. 'Almost effortlessly forming an affinity' with this person is one thing, but making this existing affinity blossom into full-fledged love and maintaining it through loyalty and commitment is, of course, paramount. But where this person is concerned, maintaining loyalty and commitment to the relationship will never, ever seem tedious or chore-like - you'd whole-heartedly enjoy every second of doing so, and the love that blooms from such effort would be an extremely intense one that lasts and lasts. Your soulmate would be the person whom you would always want to spend time with - not because you're trying to please them, but because you truly wish to be with them. The same, of course, would also apply for them.

Get my drift?

Well if you put it that way, it's more understandable. i just don't like the term 'soulmate' that's all. i use to use it alot but back then i was breaking hearts, one girl at a time... i was stupid and i still beat myself for that.
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Mar 2008 - 17:45

Bah. That's ok. As long as you actually learned from your mistakes. I know not everyone does...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Sun 16 Mar 2008 - 21:19

Miiko Ashida wrote:

LOL! So this is where the original was found! I've been wondering since I saw it on the caption thread. Nice job Miiko Ashida!

Miiko Ashida wrote:Apparently, not only is everyone in the GSG fandom male when I had
assumed them to be female, but they're all in their twenties, as well.
Now not only do I feel a weird sense of "otherness", but I realize that
OMG, EVERYONE IS OLDER THAN ME. Cue insecruity! Am I young and immature
and completely out of the loop about what adults are like? Waaaah!

Truthfully, I don't think gender or age matters when it comes to forums as long as you can type clearly and express your thoughts. I've meet fans of series that are a decade younger or older than me and it never bothered me because we all had a common connection in that we liked a series and could talk about it. LOL...I joined this forum not because there is a lack of girls (though it be cool if there were more girls), but this was a place where I could express and hear the thoughts of people from a series I truly enjoy.

But damn...all this talk about soulmates and what not makes me feel kinda naive and immature compared to everyone else.
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sun 16 Mar 2008 - 21:23

Sakura wrote:
Miiko Ashida wrote:Apparently, not only is everyone in the GSG fandom male when I had
assumed them to be female, but they're all in their twenties, as well.
Now not only do I feel a weird sense of "otherness", but I realize that
OMG, EVERYONE IS OLDER THAN ME. Cue insecruity! Am I young and immature
and completely out of the loop about what adults are like? Waaaah!

Truthfully, I don't think gender or age matters when it comes to forums as long as you can type clearly and express your thoughts. I've meet fans of series that are a decade younger or older than me and it never bothered me because we all had a common connection in that we liked a series and could talk about it. LOL...I joined this forum not because there is a lack of girls (though it be cool if there were more girls), but this was a place where I could express and hear the thoughts of people from a series I truly enjoy.

But damn...all this talk about soulmates and what not makes me feel kinda naive and immature compared to everyone else.

*raise hand* im 17 ^_^! Triela-chan would raise her hand to if she were here.
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Utsurokuri Tue 18 Mar 2008 - 12:57

Don't worry about the maturity thing it'll come to you or life will force you to mature. I can vouch for the later because the most unexpected things/situations occur all the time.
Utsurokuri
Utsurokuri

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Wed 19 Mar 2008 - 0:15

As Claes would have said "Enjoy your youth while it lasts" along those lines
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum