Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you first get interested in GSG?

+57
Jackal
Tross
Three Dog
Thescarredman
Nuke is Good
sage44
JameyoftheMegacosmos
Richarddr1234
KEN_giovanni
Godot
windfish55
SPARTAN 119
124C41
sdp2501
Jacen Starslayer
Dreamcast05
FearTheLASERFACE
glow
Chris Hansen
tremec6speed
Kiara
Trimutius
Nic2001
taraswizard
theprodigalson
Awinnell
Triela Hilshire
DaGuyEvery1Knows
maverick375
Alfisti
Professor Voodoo
austinhowell
MikhailN
Robert Frazer
hydra282
Ghostfriendly
tsundere9kagami2
GP
Secchan
Kiskaloo
emperor
TTIO
Ggultra2764
Whatface
boomer_gonz
Danjo3
Sakura
Utsurokuri
ElfenMagix
Tommygunner70
Probit Return
LoC978
West Nile
Wileama
Nachtsider
Sintendo
Triela
61 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 3 Empty Re: How did you first get interested in GSG?

Post by West Nile Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 9:05

LoC978 wrote:very. quite different from the movies, as well, being set in the early 80s, having more parties hunting Bourne (such as an old-fashioned, well-established assassin) and... well, the rest would be a spoiler.
the trilogy is 1400 large, fairly small-print pages, though. not for the short of attention span.

im quite a book reader, but if the book bores me for 3 chapters straight, im burning it into ashes.

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Forum Posts : 1747

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 3 Empty Re: How did you first get interested in GSG?

Post by Nachtsider Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 11:12

Xenomorph Alpha wrote:NO! My secret plot to destroy Nachtsider is RUINED! RUINED! D: I will never be able to infiltrate his inner circle now!

And I didn't even mention that I like a certain American candidate, either...>.>;;;; but moving away from that. ^^;

Eh, don't worry about it. The last thing I'd do would be let political ideology get in the way of comradeship.

And as for my inner circle - you sure you want to infiltrate it, Alpha? You've got no idea how deep the rabbit holes go hereabouts.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 18:13

Glad to hear it! Very Happy I follow a similar creed. (After all politics, like faith, are quite personal and ought to remain so. >.>; Something many Americans tend to forget, unfortunately.)

As for the inner circle, well I have to infiltrate it in order to destroy y--er, I mean--LOOK! AN ENTIRE TRUCK FULL OF XM8s! ...*realizes truck could, in fact, be filled with XM8s and chases it*

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 18:18

XM8s are lovely weapons - I was actually contemplating saddling Liesel with one later on, unless anybody else wants dibs on them. *follows you in chasing the truck* Really can't understand why they were discontinued and all...

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 18:54

same reason as the Comanche: money.
*weeps for a beautiful attack helicopter project that was cut down in its infancy*

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 22:14

LoC978 wrote:very. quite different from the movies, as well, being set in the early 80s, having more parties hunting Bourne (such as an old-fashioned, well-established assassin) and... well, the rest would be a spoiler.
the trilogy is 1400 large, fairly small-print pages, though. not for the short of attention span.

I second that. I read the "Bourne Identity", which was really good, and I've been planning to get my hands on the other two books for a long time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 23:11

Is it too late for me to post how I got interested? =p

Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Forum Posts : 880

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 23:20

Whatface wrote:Is it too late for me to post how I got interested? =p
It's never too late to post how you got interested. Let's hear it! Very Happy

Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Forum Posts : 472

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 23:55

Ok Smile

Well it was on Friday, 14 July 2006. (No, I didnt remember the date lmao! The date is still on my GSG Epi 1 file).

I logged on to MSN as usual and saw that my gaming buddy had a new display pic. On closer inspection it was a bunch of anime girls with guns.

First reaction: LOL WTF?!

So me and a few friends and started making fun of him. It just seemed funny at the time. To me anime girls with guns just sounded cheesy. After I while I got interested, wondering what the hell the plot could be about. So I looked it up on wiki. The word 'cyborg' got my attention. Thought cyborgs were awesome, recongized a few guns from Counter-Strike as well (rofl).

I then decided to download the first epi, hoping it wasn't some cheesy crap.

I was impressed from the first second. The OP was... wow. Henrietta bezerk was like... holy crap!! AWESOME!!!! and it wasn't some "lol I killed 500 pplz yay" cheesy stuff either. Thought the ED suited the mood very well too. I loved the serious atmosphere of it.

Now I've been crazy about it ever since. Even made a few crappy Flash animations on GSG Razz

Oh, I forgot to say. GSG was the first anime I seriously watched as well. Back then I was one of them streotypical idiots that thought anime was just cheesy happy crap. Now I know there are actually some really good serious stuff out there. Man I love serious shit.

Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 1:06

Whatface wrote:
Now I've been crazy about it ever since. Even made a few crappy Flash animations on GSG Razz

oo flash! i wanna see i wanna see. if it's like Madness Combat i wanna see!!
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 4:47

Haha. They were a bit like Madness Combat actually. But looking back on them, they're just... HORRIBLE!! Argh...

I don't mind the crappy animation (It was the first few Flash animations I ever made after all), but the graphics were just... SHAMEFUL! Maybe I should censor the faces lol.

The last GSG one I did was okay though. Maybe I should upload that one?

Wow, just checked and the file is 2 years old. I'm pretty good at Flash now. I wonder what it'll be like if I made a GSG one now?
Whatface
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 5:02

By all means, Whatface, go ahead. We'd love to see your videos.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 5:28

Ok... Here's it is: http://www.swfup.com/file/167568
For some reason the frames per sec seems to be stuffed up when uploaded, but whatever.

Btw, the guy depicted is the same guy that got me into GSG with his display pic. He's obbessed with Triela too, so I made this to make fun of him. That thing he drops is 5cents.

Oh, and please keep in mind this is 2 years old. *Hides*
Whatface
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 5:47

I can't believe you'd beat yourself up over that. It's adorable - morbidly adorable, to be sure, but adorable nonetheless. All in all, a very commendable effort. Well done!
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 6:06

Ty, ty for the kind comments.

I was beating myself up over my earlier ones. The one I uploaded was my most recent and best GSG one. Honestly, the graphics in my early ones were really bad.

Ah, all this talk is making me want to animate again... *starts up Flash*
Whatface
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 11:07

These are actually not bad, one of the moderators should make u a title, "GSG flash animator" u know one day... when season 2 is over, all of us will be looking for more GSG gore, and u might actually be the answer... u can probably animate a couple of fanfics too!!

And now that Madness Combat is over as well, u can probably get me my Madness fix. Because when the mass killings of GSG does not suffise for me... Madness Combat does it for me. Muh-m-muhahahaha!
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Sun 30 Mar 2008 - 19:49

Hey, I'd love you try and get your Madness fix. I fact, I'm almost finished with a new GSG one. I'll post it up whem I'm done.

I dont think Madness Combat 8 is the last one though.

Btw, you've seen the Bunnykill series right?
Whatface
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sun 30 Mar 2008 - 22:30

I did, Bunnykill 4 was rather uneventfull though, mostly light sabers. They did kill of every character at the end of Madness 8... however, don't they do that on every episode Laughing o well, there still may be hope
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Apr 2008 - 15:43

While I don't know what got me interested in GSG in the first place, I do remember my very first time seeing it:
http://csanime.ytmnd.com/

YTMND has caused me to learn so much. My first experience of Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger:
http://ninjaworksit.ytmnd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Tue 5 Aug 2008 - 11:07

I first heard of the series about three years ago. But, I had my sights on other anime titles during my times in college so I never got into the series at the time. During a trip to a video store last year, I came across the series box set. At the time, I had no new anime titles to see so I figured I would check it out. Ever since completing watch of the first series, I've been intrigued with GSG since.
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 Aug 2008 - 11:31

The video game and the guns first caught my intention.

Hey, what's better than a girl who kicks-ass and holds a gun? Laughing

The story!

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Wed 6 Aug 2008 - 6:17

Saw an advert for it on Animax in India, then found the fansub on the internet. Caught my eye 'cos of that advert Wink
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Aug 2008 - 19:17

Last fall, I was watching Serial Experiments Lain and decided to browse around to see what might be an interesting series to watch in the future. The comments on amazon.com seemed to say that GSG was an unusual and great series, even though the premise of the series didn't seem all that great. I bought the DVDs at that time but it sat on my shelf while I watched other things. After finishing Paranoia Agent (...I love everything that Satoshi Kon directed...), I decided to give GSG a try as a change of pace. I blitzed through the episodes, amazed at the innate sadness of many of the episodes.

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Thu 7 Aug 2008 - 21:35

You have a right choice into the Gunslinger Girl already!

cheers
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 14:27

I saw the trailer from somewhere but cant remember which anime. That trailer itself hooked to GsG. Dloaded the anime and bought the dvd.

Just noticed the manga few months back and thats how I came to know this site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 20:26

My father, of all people, introduced me to it. He caught it one night when the original anime was being shown on the Action Network and mentioned it next time I saw him. I rented the first DVD from Netflix and was hooked.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 20:46

Well i first heard of GSG Via SomethingAwful's ADTRW Wiki, listed as recommended if you liked Elfen Lied. can't say i was dissapointed tho, loved the setting and the soundtrack.

Cant rate it higher then that Gory emotional Rollercoaster that is Elfen Lied however, thats mainly because of nostalgia more then anything else. I Only started watching anime like 5 months ago, guess prejudice or whatever you wanna call it is what kept me away from it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2008 - 11:00

Elfen Lied seemed to be gore and nudity for the sake of gore and nudity. It didn't really serve any purpose to advancing the story.

GSG is one of the greatest manga I've ever read because the whole show is a moral dilemma and I love how they sketch out their villians just as much as their main characters to up the tension.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 2:24

Fumika wrote:GSG is one of the greatest manga I've ever read because the whole show is a moral dilemma and I love how they sketch out their villians just as much as their main characters to up the tension.
I also like how the lines between the good guys and the bad guys are somewhat blurred.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 4:56

Danjo3 wrote:
Fumika wrote:GSG is one of the greatest manga I've ever read because the whole show is a moral dilemma and I love how they sketch out their villians just as much as their main characters to up the tension.
I also like how the lines between the good guys and the bad guys are somewhat blurred.

but isn't that also the ingredients in the Xanatos gambit filled series known as Death Note?
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Nov 2008 - 3:41

I came to be a fan of GSG in 2005. I enjoy watching AMV's so my first taste of GSG was this AMV. The style of animation intrigued me so I went searching for more info and fansubs. After watching the first season I was hooked. I loved everything about the series from the character interaction (I'm a big fan of anime that focus on character development, interpersonal relationships, and exploring a wide and darker range of human emotions and motivations) to the attention to detail in the scenery, and depictions of the firearms the girls and handlers use, to the psuedo sci-fi aspect of cybernetically enhanced humans. The music is beautiful and complements the mood of the anime perfectly (in my opinion at least). The anime is very thought provoking on the subject of cybernetics (in medical applications and its weaponization for military operations) especially in today's reality where the concept is becoming increasingly more plausible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Nov 2008 - 23:26

Triela (The user) got me into GSG. She ranted a lot about this oh-so-good-anime, so I gave it a try. Dammit, she was right. It's sure a hell of an anime, got me really hooked. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Sat 22 Nov 2008 - 15:31

Not sure ranted is the word you want...
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Sat 22 Nov 2008 - 16:17

Alados wrote:Triela (The user) got me into GSG. She ranted a lot about this oh-so-good-anime, so I gave it a try. Dammit, she was right. It's sure a hell of an anime, got me really hooked. Very Happy

Ahhh yes. I remember that quite well. ^__^ If I recall your favorite character was Rico for a while. It still makes me happy that I made you a fan of this amazing anime. =D
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Nov 2008 - 4:50

The title caught my eye when I was browseing a bt site. First 5 minutes got me hooked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 2 Dec 2008 - 22:27

In the Phillippines, piracy is somewhat a tradition starting way back spanish colonial times. Here anime are sold by dvd copies at small stands in malls, some secretly. And the lead at that is a group called Rats2, I think.

Anyway I bought a copy of Macross Frontier from tham and found they lacked ep13 so I asked for an exchange. I randomly selected GSG Season 1 out of all the lists there.

At first I thought this is some random anime but the OP striked me like lightning. I mean Henrietta with my fave FN P90 while the song goes "without a premonition, where do we stand? I hate to lose this light before we land".

So basically the concept "loli-ghost/cyborgs/special ops" really hit me.

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Wed 3 Dec 2008 - 7:21

So you live at Philippines?

Westnile also live in the same country as your.

Very Happy
emperor
emperor

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Dec 2008 - 1:53

I saw GsG on PSN but i did not buy it at first because I refused to see it without checking reviews. What ends up happening? I forget about checking reviews, walk in the comic book store to buy latest berserk, saw GsG bought the first 3 volumes instead (XD). I guess curiosity brought me to the series but after reading a few chapters, I was hooked lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Secchan Mon 23 Feb 2009 - 21:21

I saw a review for the first volume of the manga in a Beckett Anime magazine, and was interested right away. It turns out that I watched the whole first season before getting the manga, but that's still how it started xD
Secchan
Secchan

Female

Forum Posts : 125

Fan of : Yuri

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Tue 24 Feb 2009 - 7:43

Do you buy any GSG manga yet?

:3
emperor
emperor

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by GP Tue 24 Feb 2009 - 19:20

I got into it from a friend who saw the first anime series and liked it. I didn't look for the manga at that point though, only after the 2nd anime series did I start reading the manga. And here I am now.

GP

Male

Forum Posts : 123

Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 24 Feb 2009 - 20:09

Seriously, I actually recommend that people start with the anime first.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Tue 24 Feb 2009 - 20:31

I ussually recomend action shows first then i get them slowly into love comedy stuff and slice of life until i can hone them into perfect anime watching otakus.

Ive worked with varied success at this but one of em went wrong hes a lolicon now and just everyone hates him and i think hes in jail
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1075

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 24 Feb 2009 - 20:43

I finally bought V1 - V5 in the US around Xmas as a present for myself. Still looking for V6...
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by GP Wed 25 Feb 2009 - 3:52

I can't get into normal slice of life shows though, even if they're a bit funny etc. I figure, if I wanted to see characters living their day to day lives I might as well just live my own.

I watch/read anime/manga much for the same reason I play video games and watch movies, for something more than just the normal day to day stuff I go through already.

GP

Male

Forum Posts : 123

Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostfriendly Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 20:08

As far as I remember, I read the premise on wikipedia, and pretty much fell for it. Despite the fanservicey name, it seemed to be a series that dealt seriously with politics and security. Then I watched the anime, and fell for the characters. Then I read the manga, and fell for the plot, the drama, and the bits with Triela. Just one of the best manga ever, with even being absurdly violent.
Ghostfriendly
Ghostfriendly

Male

Forum Posts : 149

Fan of : Rico and Triela, Triela and Rico

Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2009 - 17:10

I Saw the character Henrieta in some wallpaper, and the name was interesting.
Then i watched the 2 anime seasons. I Was interested because it somehow dealt with Padania & the 5 Republics.

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 Tue 23 Jun 2009 - 2:03

Thank goodness I got comcast! That's what made me a funimation fan. 1st show I saw on demand was School Rumble cheers . I think at the beginning of this year is when I found GSG there and it was love at first sight(especially cuz of Etta). I'm pretty sure it's my fav manga ever! Very Happy
hydra282
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Forum Posts : 358

Fan of : Henrietta! Beatrice! Elsa!

Original Characters : Zaron + Josie +

Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Sun 28 Jun 2009 - 16:25

I bought the boxed set of Gunslinger Girl at Funimation's vendor stall at the London MCM Expo in October last year; I was actually there for the Conqueror of Shamballa DVD, but I picked up GSG as well mainly because I got a discount with multiple purchases. It wasn't promoted by the staff at all - indeed, they looked bored out of their skulls at the time. I had no prior knowledge of GSG - someone somewhere might have possibly mentioned once that it was a decent series, but I could never provenance it for you now.

It sat on my shelf for about four months, untouched, until during a slow evening this February. With nothing else to do I decided to pop it into the DVD player simply so that the money that I had spent on it wouldn't be wasted.

It was good.

It was really, really good!
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by MikhailN Sun 28 Jun 2009 - 17:07

I remember some chap snuck it into camp and we watched a bit on the sly. After that when I got home I went to search for the complete series.
MikhailN
MikhailN

Male

Forum Posts : 583

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 3 Empty how i gt interested in gunslinger girl

Post by austinhowell Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 19:29

one night i was on youtube looking up the rammestein song fire fight after watching the begining of the movie xxx where the agent gets shot. the song was cool so ilooked it up and at the top of the page someone had put scenes from gunslinger girl to that song. at this time i didnt know what gunslinger girl was but i watched it and it intrigued me, girls who actually know how to use a gun and well? what could be better so i found vids of the dubbed episodes from mrsbloom3 on youtube and the i got the english versions off of netflix and read the books on spectrum nexus. and thats how i became interested
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Forum Posts : 259

Fan of : SOCCER,DISTURBED,METEOR SHOWERS, CALL OF DUTY, AND TRIELA'S MESMERISING EYES AND PRETTY HAIR

Original Characters : TRIELA , WHAT COULD BE BETTER

Comments : CURRENTLY READING VOLUME 7, I HOPE THEY MAKE A THIRD SEASON, METEOR SHOWERS ARE MY FAVORITE THING NEXT TO GSG, SOCCER, COD, DISTURBED, AND RIDING HORSES

Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 19:45

austinhowell wrote:one night i was on youtube looking up the rammestein song

I got to see Rammstein open for Ozzy in Germany...it must have been about 1998. Cool show.

The first time I saw GsG was on the Independent Film Channel. The first two episodes didn't really catch my attention, but the 3rd (Rico shoots Emelio) began to pick up steam, and by Elsa's episode I was hooked. Unwilling to wait for one episode a week I purchased the anime.

It wasn't until Il Teatrino came out and I became involved with this forum that I got my hands on the manga.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 3 Empty germany rammestein

Post by austinhowell Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 19:58

do you live in germany
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Fan of : SOCCER,DISTURBED,METEOR SHOWERS, CALL OF DUTY, AND TRIELA'S MESMERISING EYES AND PRETTY HAIR

Comments : CURRENTLY READING VOLUME 7, I HOPE THEY MAKE A THIRD SEASON, METEOR SHOWERS ARE MY FAVORITE THING NEXT TO GSG, SOCCER, COD, DISTURBED, AND RIDING HORSES

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 19:59

sorry i just now saw the gulf of mexico
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 20:09

austinhowell wrote: i found vids of the dubbed episodes from mrsbloom3 on youtube

Mrsbloom3 is me! =D Wow! Talk about a small world! Very Happy
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 20:39

Triela wrote:
austinhowell wrote: i found vids of the dubbed episodes from mrsbloom3 on youtube

Mrsbloom3 is me! =D Wow! Talk about a small world! Very Happy
Got to love it!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 20:47

austinhowell wrote:do you live in germany

sorry i just now saw the gulf of mexico

From 1993-99 I lived in western Germany. I was in the US Air Force. I'm currently an oilfield sailor in the Gulf.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 22:35

I can actually blame two vexingly talented artists for getting me into Gunslinger Girl. The first is Usagisama off'f dA... the other is 47ness whom I'm sure we're all familiar with.

I'd seen GSG pictures around the traps without it really registering, but the first time I became properly aware of it was this picture of 'Etta that Usagi did. Got talking and piqued my interest, but didn't progress much from there from there. Skip forward a year or so and I found 47ness (or he found me, one of the two I can't remember), who of course has a gallery full of GSG related material. That was enough to get me to watch the anime....

I didn't enjoy it at first.

To be honest I probably would've dropped it after the first episode or two if I hadn't had it on reccomendation from those two. Then about episode 04 (which may explain why I'm such a fan of Triela) something clicked. Finished the series, watched the second... asked 47 where the manga was available from. He pointed me here and the rest is fat-history.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 22:47

Picked up Volume one back when it was first released by ADV. One of the girls at Suncoast recommended it, so I read it and set it aside on my shelf. A while later I came back to it and got the second, and have been hooked ever since.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next