Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you first get interested in GSG?

+57
Jackal
Tross
Three Dog
Thescarredman
Nuke is Good
sage44
JameyoftheMegacosmos
Richarddr1234
KEN_giovanni
Godot
windfish55
SPARTAN 119
124C41
sdp2501
Jacen Starslayer
Dreamcast05
FearTheLASERFACE
glow
Chris Hansen
tremec6speed
Kiara
Trimutius
Nic2001
taraswizard
theprodigalson
Awinnell
Triela Hilshire
DaGuyEvery1Knows
maverick375
Alfisti
Professor Voodoo
austinhowell
MikhailN
Robert Frazer
hydra282
Ghostfriendly
tsundere9kagami2
GP
Secchan
Kiskaloo
emperor
TTIO
Ggultra2764
Whatface
boomer_gonz
Danjo3
Sakura
Utsurokuri
ElfenMagix
Tommygunner70
Probit Return
LoC978
West Nile
Wileama
Nachtsider
Sintendo
Triela
61 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 4 Empty how i gt interested in gunslinger girl

Post by austinhowell Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 19:29

one night i was on youtube looking up the rammestein song fire fight after watching the begining of the movie xxx where the agent gets shot. the song was cool so ilooked it up and at the top of the page someone had put scenes from gunslinger girl to that song. at this time i didnt know what gunslinger girl was but i watched it and it intrigued me, girls who actually know how to use a gun and well? what could be better so i found vids of the dubbed episodes from mrsbloom3 on youtube and the i got the english versions off of netflix and read the books on spectrum nexus. and thats how i became interested

austinhowell

Forum Posts : 259

Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 4 Empty Re: How did you first get interested in GSG?

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 19:45

austinhowell wrote:one night i was on youtube looking up the rammestein song

I got to see Rammstein open for Ozzy in Germany...it must have been about 1998. Cool show.

The first time I saw GsG was on the Independent Film Channel. The first two episodes didn't really catch my attention, but the 3rd (Rico shoots Emelio) began to pick up steam, and by Elsa's episode I was hooked. Unwilling to wait for one episode a week I purchased the anime.

It wasn't until Il Teatrino came out and I became involved with this forum that I got my hands on the manga.

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3428

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 4 Empty germany rammestein

Post by austinhowell Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 19:58

do you live in germany

austinhowell

Back to top Go down

How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 4 Empty Re: How did you first get interested in GSG?

Post by austinhowell Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 19:59

sorry i just now saw the gulf of mexico

austinhowell

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 20:09

austinhowell wrote: i found vids of the dubbed episodes from mrsbloom3 on youtube

Mrsbloom3 is me! =D Wow! Talk about a small world! Very Happy

Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Forum Posts : 2746

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 20:39

Triela wrote:
austinhowell wrote: i found vids of the dubbed episodes from mrsbloom3 on youtube

Mrsbloom3 is me! =D Wow! Talk about a small world! Very Happy
Got to love it!

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 20:47

austinhowell wrote:do you live in germany

sorry i just now saw the gulf of mexico

From 1993-99 I lived in western Germany. I was in the US Air Force. I'm currently an oilfield sailor in the Gulf.

Professor Voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 22:35

I can actually blame two vexingly talented artists for getting me into Gunslinger Girl. The first is Usagisama off'f dA... the other is 47ness whom I'm sure we're all familiar with.

I'd seen GSG pictures around the traps without it really registering, but the first time I became properly aware of it was this picture of 'Etta that Usagi did. Got talking and piqued my interest, but didn't progress much from there from there. Skip forward a year or so and I found 47ness (or he found me, one of the two I can't remember), who of course has a gallery full of GSG related material. That was enough to get me to watch the anime....

I didn't enjoy it at first.

To be honest I probably would've dropped it after the first episode or two if I hadn't had it on reccomendation from those two. Then about episode 04 (which may explain why I'm such a fan of Triela) something clicked. Finished the series, watched the second... asked 47 where the manga was available from. He pointed me here and the rest is fat-history.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 22:47

Picked up Volume one back when it was first released by ADV. One of the girls at Suncoast recommended it, so I read it and set it aside on my shelf. A while later I came back to it and got the second, and have been hooked ever since.

maverick375

Forum Posts : 826

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DaGuyEvery1Knows Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 23:32

The guns, mostly. And the fact that the girls are almost like the Spartans from Halo really stuck me to this series.
DaGuyEvery1Knows
DaGuyEvery1Knows

Male

Forum Posts : 102

Fan of : Triela, Claes, Henrietta

Original Characters : Roberto, Estela, Scott, Dalia, Julian, Jasmin, Oliver, Bellissa

Comments : "Momma didn't raise no fool."
"The elephant never forgets, but I forget what the elephant remembered."

Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Hilshire Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 8:48

For me it was curiosity, I had been to Italy when I was in high school for April vacation. Got to see a handful of the more popular locations in Italy, the Roman Colosseum, went through Naples...

And noticed a review on a blog site about the series. So after poking around on the net I found a local Best Buy with the GSG Viridian collection. And even blew a gasket when they pulled the "Classified" thing with the Building Triela extra feature. :p

Also picked up the manga from Borders Bookstore up to Volume 6, eventually finding myself here.

As for what really hooked me on the series it was the relation to places in this world and the weapons used. Mainly Triela's P230 which I think is a really neat looking handgun.

And if this makes no sense I'm on my first cup of coffee for the day.

Last edited by Triela Hilshire on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 8:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Low caffine levels)
Triela Hilshire
Triela Hilshire

Female

Forum Posts : 150

Fan of : Triela, Henrietta, Rico, Beatrice, Angelica, and... Claes.

Original Characters : Karin Hilshire

Comments : Karin Hilshire, WoD character based off of Triela from Gunslinger Girl.

Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DaGuyEvery1Knows Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 15:03

Triela Hilshire wrote: And even blew a gasket when they pulled the "Classified" thing with the Building Triela extra feature. :p
Ooooo! What did they mention in her classifieds?
DaGuyEvery1Knows
DaGuyEvery1Knows

Male

Forum Posts : 102

Fan of : Triela, Claes, Henrietta

Original Characters : Roberto, Estela, Scott, Dalia, Julian, Jasmin, Oliver, Bellissa

Comments : "Momma didn't raise no fool."
"The elephant never forgets, but I forget what the elephant remembered."

Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 15:46

DaGuyEvery1Knows wrote:
Triela Hilshire wrote: And even blew a gasket when they pulled the "Classified" thing with the Building Triela extra feature. :p

nothing ! thats the point, its CLASSIFIED !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Hilshire Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 20:12

Awinnell wrote:
DaGuyEvery1Knows wrote:

nothing ! thats the point, its CLASSIFIED !

I searched the net for hours to figure out what was up with that, or if there was any way to unlock the feature, like watching the disc in both English and Japanese language modes... but still... made me want to snap the disc in half. How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 4 95912
Triela Hilshire
Triela Hilshire

Female

Forum Posts : 150

Fan of : Triela, Henrietta, Rico, Beatrice, Angelica, and... Claes.

Original Characters : Karin Hilshire

Comments : Karin Hilshire, WoD character based off of Triela from Gunslinger Girl.

Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 13:39

For me it was an unintresting Fall 2009 anime season. Someone posted the dub on an anime site I frequent and they had an animated avatar of henrietta going berserk in episode one. I thought "Well thats a disturbing clash of innocence and violence."
Download.

Episode 1 confused me just enough to make me watch episode 2 and I devoured the rest in record time. I liked it so much I looked to see if there were more season, found the manga, found this place. So far its the only manga I have ever read.
theprodigalson
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 436

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by taraswizard Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 18:24

My answer is going to sound really weird and will not make much sense. I'll preface by saying I'm a recent convert to the world of anime and manga. One of my introductions was through IFC's broadcasts of Hell Girl. On a random December evening in 2008 after missing IFC's showing of HG, I was watching much, much later and they had a reshowing of Shooting Stars. After seeing that I was intrigued. And after asking a few other anime fans what I seen and their inability to give me any answer at all, I knew I had to see this. Then it started showing up on my CATV's On Demand and I started watching them all.

If I clear up the above, ask and I'll try to make this make more sense.

p.s. Of course, I like Leon: The Professional, too.

taraswizard

Male

Forum Posts : 7

Fan of : BtVS, Hellgirl,

Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 2:28

taraswizard wrote:p.s. Of course, I like Leon: The Professional, too.
It’s pretty hard to be a GSG fan and not like Leon. How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic2001 Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 8:34

Danjo3 wrote:
taraswizard wrote:p.s. Of course, I like Leon: The Professional, too.
It’s pretty hard to be a GSG fan and not like Leon. How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Or Nikita How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 4 Icon_wink (and that american remake they did in the 90s... dont remember the name in English (was --Sans Retour-- in French)

Nic2001

Male

Forum Posts : 13

Fan of : Triela, Claes, Rico

Registration date : 2010-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 9:22

Nic2001 wrote:
Or Nikita How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 4 Icon_wink (and that american remake they did in the 90s... dont remember the name in English (was --Sans Retour-- in French)
The remake was called Point of No Return in the US, and The Assassin in Eurpose & Australia. It starred Bridget Fonda & Gabriel Byrne...also featuring Harvey Keitel.

Funny, I just mentioned those 2 movies in Kiskaloo's story thread.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 10:06

I have the international version of Léon, which I think is far superior to the chopped American version. They aired the movie on AMC a while back and it was so badly hacked up that it was just plain unwatchable.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic2001 Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 11:15

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Nic2001 wrote:
The remake was called Point of No Return in the US, and The Assassin in Eurpose & Australia. It starred Bridget Fonda & Gabriel Byrne...also featuring Harvey Keitel.

Funny, I just mentioned those 2 movies in Kiskaloo's story thread.

Yeah that's the one... Been a while since i saw it.

Nic2001

Male

Forum Posts : 13

Fan of : Triela, Claes, Rico

Registration date : 2010-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Trimutius Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 12:38

My story is pretty simple... I saw accidently episode on TV it was back in Russia, then not so long ago i decided to read some mangas and so reading mangas on which anime are based is pretty obvious choice for me (plus i can find there the continuation of story), and so that's how it is... I just liked stuff about cyborgs actually (i just like any futuristic and/or supernormal and/or abnormal stuff)
Trimutius
Trimutius

Male

Forum Posts : 16

Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiara Thu 24 Jun 2010 - 0:10

someday I listened the soundtrack of GSG Il Teatrino (Kokia--Tatta Hitotsu no Omoi), and then searching what kind of anime is it.....
Kiara
Kiara

Male

Forum Posts : 14

Fan of : Beatrice

Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 0:51

looks like some new members alright
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Fan of : SOCCER,DISTURBED,METEOR SHOWERS, CALL OF DUTY, AND TRIELA'S MESMERISING EYES AND PRETTY HAIR

Original Characters : TRIELA , WHAT COULD BE BETTER

Comments : CURRENTLY READING VOLUME 7, I HOPE THEY MAKE A THIRD SEASON, METEOR SHOWERS ARE MY FAVORITE THING NEXT TO GSG, SOCCER, COD, DISTURBED, AND RIDING HORSES

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiara Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 0:55

hahaha...yes...
Kiara
Kiara

Male

Forum Posts : 14

Fan of : Beatrice

Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Sun 15 Aug 2010 - 6:33

I got turned on to GSG accidently by flipping channels one night and saw an anime that simply blew my mind!
I wasn't really into manga/anime at that time, the only thing I knew coming out of Japan was Speed Racer, so imagine the contrast!
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Hansen Sun 15 Aug 2010 - 23:55

Alfisti wrote:I can actually blame two vexingly talented artists for getting me into Gunslinger Girl. The first is Usagisama off'f dA... the other is 47ness whom I'm sure we're all familiar with.

I'd seen GSG pictures around the traps without it really registering, but the first time I became properly aware of it was this picture of 'Etta that Usagi did. Got talking and piqued my interest, but didn't progress much from there from there. Skip forward a year or so and I found 47ness (or he found me, one of the two I can't remember), who of course has a gallery full of GSG related material. That was enough to get me to watch the anime....

I didn't enjoy it at first.

To be honest I probably would've dropped it after the first episode or two if I hadn't had it on reccomendation from those two. Then about episode 04 (which may explain why I'm such a fan of Triela) something clicked. Finished the series, watched the second... asked 47 where the manga was available from. He pointed me here and the rest is fat-history.

Well that's just downright awesome! I don't suppose these artists, uhh, do stuff for free? :p

Anyway as for me, my dear friend from MAL kept bugging me to read the manga and so I finally caved in. Yes that's right I actually read the manga first.

In fact that's how I found this place.
Chris Hansen
Chris Hansen

Male

Forum Posts : 40

Fan of : Dateline NBC "To Catch a Predator"

Original Characters : ...working on it (srsly)...

Comments : ...have a seat....

Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Thu 19 Aug 2010 - 0:51

when I was younger, like 12 I didn't have cable, so I read allot more manga then I watched anime
I was browsing the manga at barns and noble and it caught my eye. Bought it, read it, loved it, cant live without it
glow
glow

Female

Forum Posts : 12

Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 19 Aug 2010 - 7:47

Chris Hansen wrote:Well that's just downright awesome! I don't suppose these artists, uhh, do stuff for free? :p
Argh, sorry it took so long to reply... I missed this post.

Sadly I don't know if either do requests... you'd need to ask them. Usagisama however has pretty much dissappeared off the interbotz (or at least from dA) and I know he's kept pretty busy with work. 47's on here a bit but his own manga project keeps him busy.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010 - 16:39

A buddy of mine let me borrow a few dvd's recently and....I was hooked. Love the art, love the story, 'nuff said.

Back to top Go down

Post by FearTheLASERFACE Mon 30 Aug 2010 - 14:03

I saw a GSG AMV on YouTube, then searched the whole series, and watched the anime after getting hooked on it.
FearTheLASERFACE
FearTheLASERFACE

Male

Forum Posts : 201

Original Characters : Subject 2-Alpha, Serina, Sarah, James Antolini, Jack Vesputchi

Comments : Kalashnikov sounds so much more bad*** than AK-47

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Mon 30 Aug 2010 - 22:05

damn lots of new members kickass!!!!!
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Fan of : SOCCER,DISTURBED,METEOR SHOWERS, CALL OF DUTY, AND TRIELA'S MESMERISING EYES AND PRETTY HAIR

Original Characters : TRIELA , WHAT COULD BE BETTER

Comments : CURRENTLY READING VOLUME 7, I HOPE THEY MAKE A THIRD SEASON, METEOR SHOWERS ARE MY FAVORITE THING NEXT TO GSG, SOCCER, COD, DISTURBED, AND RIDING HORSES

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamcast05 Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 18:59

I saw it and became curious about how it would work out: little girls with guns, and a whole lot of responsibilities to follow...

Next thing I knew, I fell in love with the series when Rico went and killed that boy to satisfy her "second chance" rather than ignore her own characterization... To me, it was just too powerful to stop.

Although the anime series had ended, I decided to broaden my horizons and attempt to read the manga-- good thing I did because it carried itself well, although there was a questionable shift at one point!

Of course, the looming existence of Il Teatrino approached me like a virus approaches secure information-- I was infected with corruption and left with the feeling that my universe no longer beckons my existence... I was morally surprised that something so "right" turned so hideous in practically overnight! It left me without any answer how such a change could even happen, and I still lack such an answer to date!

So, that would be my love-love-hate relationship with the series! Honestly, I cannot remember what brought me to view the first episode in the first place-- just cannot!

Dreamcast05

Male

Forum Posts : 6

Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 20:01

I still believe that the scenes involving Pinocchio was well done, and that being the highlight of the Il Teatrino series...
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 21:02

Anyone who like GsG must see The Professional!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 21:12

Agreed that movie was amazing. [listens to Sting's song, Shape of My Heart.]
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 21:22

ElfenMagix wrote:Anyone who like GsG must see The Professional!

Anyone who has seen The Professional needs to see the original French release, Léon (the longer version).
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 21:23

My first introduction was a couple of years back when I was reading some stories on fanfiction. net and ended up reading battlezone by nachtsider. His story was good so I decided to check out the anime trailer and videos on youtube. I liked what I saw so I picked it for cheap at bestbuy and was hooked by the end of the first episode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamcast05 Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 23:19

Jacen Starslayer wrote:I still believe that the scenes involving Pinocchio was well done, and that being the highlight of the Il Teatrino series...

This I cannot disagree with, however, it is just that: a small, good, well-done scene engulfed by complete sadistically creepy mistakes. There's really a ton of humanistic values to be injected with, before you could even bare the condition that the work is presented in. It would be as difficult to take seriously as a book written by a two-year old child.

The manga has those scenes, not animated, and does a finer job presenting the visuals to the readers, without the shameful acting, visuals, and of course horrific construction that was supposed to be developed during the "planning stages" before production even begun. You just cannot look at Il Treatrino and call it "lovely" and "beautiful" due to becoming a parody because of "perverse" ideals. I cannot credit Il Teatrino for practically doing nothing of "value" and just badly copying what the manga influenced... In fact, I can't give it consideration that it's even remotely able to touch what its predecessor created.

Dreamcast05

Male

Forum Posts : 6

Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 3 Sep 2010 - 3:44

crazyidiot78 wrote:My first introduction was a couple of years back when I was reading some stories on fanfiction. net and ended up reading battlezone by nachtsider. His story was good so I decided to check out the anime trailer and videos on youtube. I liked what I saw so I picked it for cheap at bestbuy and was hooked by the end of the first episode.
I'm touched. Which reviewer were you? Cry
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 Sep 2010 - 19:45

I did not actually leave a review sorry about that Nachtsider. However my favorite part was the bit with Triela and Elsa rescuing the downed pilots. Henrietta going nuts on the bunkers was nice as well. I didn't quite understand the bits with Rico and Mier until I saw episode three of the anime. After that it made sense and it became a much or powerful scene for the pair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 3 Sep 2010 - 20:54

Ah, I see. I'm glad and grateful that you liked my story; Meir and Rico is pretty much the tale's touchstone. I'm an obscure old fart here nowadays; it's nice to be remembered. Smile
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 4 Sep 2010 - 20:02

Natch, you are neither obscure or an old fart... there are those who deserve the title more than you. Evil
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by sdp2501 Thu 30 Dec 2010 - 10:25

3klicks wrote:@ General discusssion:

"Normal" is not a standardised term. It means something different in every culture and for every person. If you accept the definition that normal is whatever is most popular and most accepted then most of it would be complete bull-shit and really not worth going after. Everything that's really good is by definition above-average and hence also abnormal. So there are two sides to it.

Anywya, in Canada (with it's openess to just about anything) I've gotten lost in all the possoble sexualities. I find a good deal of the options just plain weird or downright disturbing, but I agree with you guys that as long as they don;'t actively bother me or hurt peoplel it's thier life and I really don;t care what they do.

@LoC: Yeah, peer pressure and the need to conform to society is already choking a lot of people.

@Nacht: That's right. I mean, who hasn't dreamt of his own cute personal slave... Razz

The reality of modern slavery is very disturbing, though. Thinking that even now women are regularly kidnapped and sold like objects really shakes my belief in humanity.

well said Very Happy
sdp2501
sdp2501

Forum Posts : 132

Fan of : Rico, Gunslinger girl, Slpiknot, Asking Alexandria, Killswitch Engage, SUICIDE SILENCE, canibal corpse, buttered toffie popcorn XD, Xbox 360

Original Characters : Kiyra, Ryu

Comments : I will drag you. To oblivion, even if I must die.

Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by 124C41 Wed 5 Jan 2011 - 7:15

I rented the first dvd when it hit the shelf at the local rental store. I thought "Super human little girl with a P90... full of win!" Good
124C41
124C41

Male

Forum Posts : 50

Fan of : Battle Angel

Comments : Being a grownup doesn't mean I gave up Anime, it means part of my collection is on VHS.

Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 4:25

Sometime in 2008: After rediscovering anime (or rather, learning that not all anime is the same old shonen crap) after seeing first Death Note and then Elfen Lied. At some point, I looked up Elfen Lied on Wikipedia to link to it on a post on a website... somewhere. The wiki article referenced that Elfen Lied borrowed elements from Gunslinger Girl, among other anime.

I gave that no further thought and went on to watch Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni. After finishing Higurashi Ni and Kai, I ran across a Higurashi AMV on Youtube, after watching said AMV, I saw a link to a GSG AMV, with the thumbnail image showing a girl with P90. And that is how I met Henrietta. The loli with P90 caught my interest, and I looked at the AMV, and looked up the series. I was impressed, and looked up the series, watching both seasons. A few Google searches later, I found this place.
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by windfish55 Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 5:19

My story isn't very interesting. I got the DVD at the library because it looked fun. I gotta say, I got more than I bargained for!
windfish55
windfish55

Male

Forum Posts : 145

Fan of : Shonen Knife

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 21:13

I was on vacation in the Philippines about 5 years ago when I randomly tuned into GSG on the Animax channel. The beautiful opening entranced me and soon afterward I was watching the Prince of the Kingdom of Pasta episode. I remember these, now nostalgic, events so vividly well. I had never seen anything quite like it before: fascinating with a quick, relentless emotional hook, leaving me depressed or hopeful, and yearning for more.

After returning back home to the U.S., I quickly went on to purchase the DVDs and the manga. GSG also got me drawing as evidenced by my art thread here (oops, forgot all about updating that). Several years later, I found this slightly less crazy corner of the internet.

I also credit GSG for being the series that began my change into a snob of sorts when it comes to anime. Woohoo~
Godot
Godot

Male

Forum Posts : 198

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 23:37

Godot wrote:
I also credit GSG for being the series that began my change into a snob of sorts when it comes to anime. Woohoo~

Me too! Whenever I watch a new anime it can just never compare to the first season of GSG. XD
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by KEN_giovanni Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 1:36

Triela wrote:Let me think... I've been a fan of Gunslinger Girl for 3 years now.

One night I was home alone and I decided to watch some FullMetal Alchemist. I watched a few episodes and then I checked out the trailers. The title Gunslinger Girl caught my attention imediatly. I wasn't sure what to expect and I pressed play. I was suprised to see such an anime but I watched the trailer... again... and again... and again. Every time it made me want to watch it even more. I was so intriged and hyped up over this anime that looked so amazing!!

Of corse wherever I went they didn't have the first disk, or I didn't have any money. I was shocked to see that a manga was out so I got the first book and LOVED it. One day my sister was going out and I asked her to pick up the Gunslinger Girl DVD if she saw it. She came back and she got it for me. I was soooo happy!

One day whilst browsing netflix I saw GSG as a recomended title since I have just watched Afro samurai, so at first I wasn't expecting much but then I saw beutiful artwork, a heartbreaking story and fire arms. From there you can tell what happened, I feverishly read through all available chapters on mangafox Smile

And to this day I still love it as much as I did the first time I saw the trailer. Very Happy What about you guys?

KEN_giovanni

Male

Forum Posts : 58

Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KEN_giovanni Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 1:38

Fairly sorry about the mixup on my previous post, I'm new here plus I'm on an iPhone

KEN_giovanni

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 1:59

KEN_giovanni wrote:Fairly sorry about the mixup on my previous post, I'm new here plus I'm on an iPhone
Ugh, trying to work this place on an iPhone: nightmare.

Welcome to the boards though. Make sure to pop over to the "Come Say Hello" board and make a thread so everyone can get to know you. Very Happy
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by KEN_giovanni Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 2:04

Thanks man!

KEN_giovanni

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Richarddr1234 Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 12:06

I think I got hooked around 2005. Thats when they showed GSG on animax in my country. Helps I'm a bit of a lolicon

Richarddr1234

Male

Forum Posts : 12

Fan of : Rico

Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 15:47

Tell you the truth, I got into it recently. I remember seeing a trailer for the anime a few years ago and I recalled it every now and then until I decided to learn more.

Last edited by JameyoftheMegacosmos on Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 7:17; edited 1 time in total

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Male

Forum Posts : 167

Fan of : Crossovers

Original Characters : Henrietta and Jose

Comments : Very interested in the series. Like to learn more.

Registration date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 6:54

i found it quite by accident... I was looking on youtube for the Mercenaries 2 theme song (Oh no you didn't) and I came across a vid with Gunslinger Girl clips... so I said: this looks interesting... so I watched the first season and felt in love ^^. This was actually my first anime, and was not long ago, in 2008 if I remeber correct. Then I read the manga and loved it even more. And till this day, it is still my favourite manga/anime series. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by sage44 Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 18:40

Well I literrally did not mean to find gunslinger girl... literally a younger friend of mine showed me a picture of a young girl. A few months later ( still 2011 about the end of summer vaca ) she found the show the pivture came from and showed me.
sage44
sage44

Female

Forum Posts : 72

Fan of : AxisPower Hetalia,GunSlinger Girl * duh *,Ouran High School Host Club

Original Characters : Michel " Minx ",Fillala,Brent Cose,Cirus and more

Comments : My favorite charrie from GSG is Claues,she a smart-aleck and so cool.

Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 10:00

Animenext 2005 viewing rooms.

To be honest that convention introduced me to a few animes that I still like to this day.

GSG
Jubei Chan
Scrapped Princess
Nuke is Good
Nuke is Good

Male

Forum Posts : 326

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Rc v1

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 20:21

Nice... I always try to scope out the viewing rooms since you might find something you like epecially at teh bigger conventions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next