Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IS- Infinite Stratos

5 posters

Go down

IS- Infinite Stratos Empty IS- Infinite Stratos

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 9:31

Recently, I've been looking into an anime reminding me of Strike Witches called IS or Infinite Stratos. Anyone familiar with this?

Also, I was wondering if shows and games like Sky Girls, Strike Witches, and so have their own genre. Since they're having similar themes, I was wondering if it is or will be a genre of its own.

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Male

Forum Posts : 167

Fan of : Crossovers

Original Characters : Henrietta and Jose

Comments : Very interested in the series. Like to learn more.

Registration date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

IS- Infinite Stratos Empty Re: IS- Infinite Stratos

Post by taerKitty Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 15:33

It's a harem rom-com. Summary of first few eps:

We built these mechs, but only women (girls) can pilot them.

We use these mechs in contests, not real battles, so the best of the mecha pilots go to this elite school.

Uh, there's this one boy who can pilot them.

Okay, throw him into the school as well.

Hilarity ensues.
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1211

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 15:52

I think the next season comes out in the spring,the schools are used as a sort of weapons limitation treaty, the use of IS's in combat is strictly prohibited,so the girls battles are used instead of open warfare
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 21:39

Hold on a sec, I though Sky Girls was an early concept for Strike Witches? Puzzled

Back on topic. Infinite Stratos is an alright show, Kapt me ammused. And one of my mates did get me to watch it by saying it was like Strike Witches.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 0:39

Mr. Antonic wrote:Hold on a sec, I though Sky Girls was an early concept for Strike Witches? Puzzled

Back on topic. Infinite Stratos is an alright show, Kapt me ammused. And one of my mates did get me to watch it by saying it was like Strike Witches.

That reminds me of what I asked before. Is this "girls on fighting machines" genre of its own? If not, then it looks like it should be.

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Male

Forum Posts : 167

Fan of : Crossovers

Original Characters : Henrietta and Jose

Comments : Very interested in the series. Like to learn more.

Registration date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 0:45

JameyoftheMegacosmos wrote:That reminds me of what I asked before. Is this "girls on fighting machines" genre of its own? If not, then it looks like it should be.

Well, IS comes under Sci-Fi, Romance, Comedy and Harem in Wikipaedia, and Strike Witches comes under Military Science Fiction. Thought I would have thought they'd both come under mecha becuase of the machine-that-they-wear part. I will admit I don't know too much about mecha stuff to begin with though.

It may become a genre though. I see no reason why not.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 2:03

At it's best, Infinite Stratos was a pretty entertaining show. I liked the way it showcased the downsides to being the only guy in an otherwise all girls school (too many curious girls!). Also Ichika may be dense about realising that the girls in his harem like him, but he's so dense about it it's actually rather amusing.

My favorite character in the show is Charles/Charlotte. Even if her reverse trap routine was pretty unconvincing (I suspected "Chales" was a girl just from the next episode preview prior to her introductory episode!). Of course Ichika needed to walk in on her in the shower before he cued in. (That scene was pretty cliche, but it was still hilarious due to brilliant execution. And then there was the bit afterwards when she'd finished her shower and come out. Both she and Ichika know they've got to address the elephant in the room, but neither one of them wants to be the first one to broach the subject. Laughing )

While I can kind of see the two shows appealing to similar audiences, I'd say the fact that IS is a harem show with a male lead character makes it a very different show from Strike Witches.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down