Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best and worst anime... roomates?!

2 posters

Go down

Best and worst anime... roomates?! Empty Best and worst anime... roomates?!

Post by SPARTAN 119 Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 12:19

Something I've seen on anime threads similar to the "waifu" threads that are everywhere: The ideal (and worst) anime characters to have as a roommate:

Best:

Yuuko Kanoe (Tasogare Otome x Amnesia):
Starting with the recent season, as many on this forum (OK, myself and Kiskaloo *I think...*) have said, If I am ever haunted by a ghost, please let her be Yuuko Kanoe. While there are admittedly times where you where she may get a little annoying, she still makes my "best" list for the simple fact that there is never a dull moment when she's around and.... other reasons... That said, she's not without her pitfalls, for instance, that little issue with the shadow form that contains all her pain and suffering, but as you saw in the anime, she really just needs some psychological support. Also, there is the issue of possibly being caught getting it on with what to them appears to be absolutely nothing by your friends...

(adult) Nanoha Takamachi/Fate Testarossa/Hayate Yagami (Nanoha StrikerS): I specified the adult version because I am NOT a lolicon (unlike some denizens of the internet)... and because I'm not sure I'm not sure I'd be able to deal with a kid at this stage in my life, even one as unusually rapidly maturing as Nanoha et al. That said, the adult versions would make ideal roommates, I mean, I have a hard time finding more likable characters, I mean, every character she has encountered has ended up liking Nanoha, and, contrary to popular belief, she did not have to blast most of them. I listed them as one entry as, at least Nanoha and Fate, and possibly Hayate are already living to together, so it would be a little crowded, but as all three girls are seen sleeping on the same bed, you'd only need (at most) two bedrooms. Potential pitfalls include Divine Busters and Starlight Breakers to the face, though you will survive in spite of the property damage, and only end up loving Nanoha more for it.

More possibly coming later...

Now for the worst:

Yuno Gasai (Mirai Nikki):
As entertaining as Yuno's antics are to watch, I would not want to live with her, or indeed, within about a kilometer of her. If I did, if I was in at my place (with my local gun laws), I would probably invest in several handguns, a bullet proof blast door and bulletproof blast doors for my bedroom, and several motion trackers and security cameras. Any character who requires you to do that for even minimal peace of mind has got to be counted as one of the worst roommates ever...

Anyone from Higurashi: see above.

Revy... or pretty much anyone from Black Lagoon: Even with his potential position as the potential love interest of several attractive women (at least based on doujinshi and fanfiction), I cannot say I envy Rock. Mainly as all of the aforementioned women are heavily armed and have come within millimeters of murdering him on multiple occasions. Not to mention the neighborhood you'd end up living in. I mean, you probably can't go five minutes in Roanapur without a large caliber round flying through your window. If I was in Rock's position, I'd get several automatic weapons and learn to use them FAST! And probably a few Claymore mines for the my door!
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Best and worst anime... roomates?! Empty Re: Best and worst anime... roomates?!

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 19:21

LOL love the idea spartan and I will be makign an addittion here after I think about it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 19:23

hhhhhmmm best roommate ever would have to be Kenichi Morisato from Oh My goddess. He seems like a down to earth normal guy and you might get to live at his temple complex. I can give him a few buck and presto no more car problems. Also there is the whole goddess of a girlfriend Belldandy to take care of the place and Urd. Now would could resist living with Urd. You might even get Kenichi's help to atract urd so she leaves him alone.

PS- forgot to mention belldandy's cooking since my own skills are not that great- ugh canned crab, bentoli pesto sauce, and bentoli pasta.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 7:43

I was originally going to say Roger Smith from The Big O for this, the dude is rich, has class, is neat and comes with a butler, android, car and giant robot... however I don't like wearing black so that rules that one out.

Instead I'm going to say: Akira E. Ferrari from ARIA. She's a hard working, career focused, professional woman which means she'll always be able to pay her bills and isn't likely to cause a rukkus. She's also tidy and, this is important, doesn't cook much instead buying food; which means I wouldn't have to feel guilty about the fact that my idea of "cooking" generally amounts to "order out for pizza". As much as it would be nice to have a super-nice housemate, that would eventualy drive me up the wall. I'd feel guilty, all the time... I'd far prefer someone who's just as jaded, grumpy and lazy as I am. Which also means having someone to have a good bitch with at the end of the day.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down