Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New gear fo my OCs

+6
Nachtsider
Alfisti
Professor Voodoo
MP5
John_234
Three Dog
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New gear fo my OCs - Page 2 Empty Re: New gear fo my OCs

Post by Three Dog Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 3:10

John_234 wrote:I'm pointing out you're being rather absolute about a categorization that is not widely agreed upon either way by experts. The Mac-11 is widely agreed to be a machine pistol. It has a wire stock for aimed fire. The automatic variant of the Mauser pistol was almost always used with a holster-stock, the Beretta 93r has a folding stock. It's really not absolute what makes something an SMG or a machine pistol.

Anyway, if you're going to be crass about I'd rather not argue. You asked for a gun suggestion, not a pointless debate...
I was just making fun, sorry New gear fo my OCs - Page 2 61015.

Three Dog

Forum Posts : 1243

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 3:20

I guess the internet does make it hard to read tone. If you meant no offense, no problems here.

John_234

Forum Posts : 469

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 6:38

John_234 wrote:That's why a Mac 11 or a TMP is sometimes considered a machine pistol. Machine pistol itself is a bit of an ambiguous term, because it was originally applied to SMGs in general.
Which neatly gives you two more candidates to replace the Skorpion with...

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 7:15

Alfisti wrote:
John_234 wrote:That's why a Mac 11 or a TMP is sometimes considered a machine pistol. Machine pistol itself is a bit of an ambiguous term, because it was originally applied to SMGs in general.

Nah, I'll go with the MP7. Mac 11 fires too quick, and I'd use the MP9 over the TMP (I won't explain why, look it up. Or just ask nicely:P ), and I already gave that to Victoria. Now, beofre anyone says there's no reason two people can't use the same weapon, Mercdes and Victoria both opperate differently; it could almost be describe as one using Eastern Bloc tacticts and the other Western.

Three Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 11:02

Triela has an MP7, so there is canon precedent for it being in the SWA armory.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Sat 23 Jun 2012 - 1:17

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:
Alfisti wrote:

Nah, I'll go with the MP7. Mac 11 fires too quick, and I'd use the MP9 over the TMP (I won't explain why, look it up. Or just ask nicely:P ), and I already gave that to Victoria. Now, beofre anyone says there's no reason two people can't use the same weapon, Mercdes and Victoria both opperate differently; it could almost be describe as one using Eastern Bloc tacticts and the other Western.
The Russians use AKs. The Chechens use very similar AKs. The Vietcong used AKs. Military contractors often use AKs. Some of my friends hunt deer with AKs. Very different methodologies of use. Past size and logistical concerns, a gun is ultimately still a simple tool that depends on its user.

The MP9 for most purposes is just a TMP with a stock and a rail. So it's not a significant difference to use either gun for a given scenario~

John_234

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sat 23 Jun 2012 - 1:39

John_234 wrote:
Alfisti wrote:

The Russians use AKs. The Chechens use very similar AKs. The Vietcong used AKs. Military contractors often use AKs. Some of my friends hunt deer with AKs. Very different methodologies of use. Past size and logistical concerns, a gun is ultimately still a simple tool that depends on its user.
Mybe I should have used a different analogy, but I was making a referrence to the fact the Mercedes Handler, Barry, is former MI:6, which is in England, a western nation. Victoria's Handler, Andromeda, on the other is a Czech, and joined up back when Czecholsovaia still used Eastern Bloc tactics and training. I probably shouldn't have expected people to get that referrence though, should I?New gear fo my OCs - Page 2 61015

Back to the analogy now. One's red and the other is blue. One's north, the other is south.

John_234 wrote:[The MP9 for most purposes is just a TMP with a stock and a rail. So it's not a significant difference to use either gun for a given scenario~
Fair call.

Three Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Sat 23 Jun 2012 - 3:53

well, you tend to stick with what you grew up on, but it's definitely possible for your needs to overlap with your opposite. Glocks are a prime example. Both ex-East Bloc and NATO nations use them today in large numbers.

John_234

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sat 23 Jun 2012 - 9:24

This may seem a little out of place, but under the secion labelled, Weapos Training, in the character profiles I'm writing up, I'm listing Laptop and Tablet computer under Mercedes' weapons. Should I go into specifics about the opperating systems etc, etc, and if so, don't s'pose anone can give me deatials, or at least some ames of devices that would be good for hacking and the like? I know shit all about computers.

Three Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Sat 23 Jun 2012 - 9:36

When "hacking" you generally have some sort of connection or a terminal to access, so a tablet used for that might be of limited utility, unless you use it to carry some pre-packaged cracking program. Aside from that, I'm not really a computer person, though your OS is really preference.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Taking a break for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sat 23 Jun 2012 - 9:45

John_234 wrote:When "hacking" you generally have some sort of connection or a terminal to access, so a tablet used for that might be of limited utility, unless you use it to carry some pre-packaged cracking program. Aside from that, I'm not really a computer person, though your OS is really preference.
I'll probably go with Windows 7 then. I know Vista was a piece of crap and XP is older. I don't know anything about Macs though, so...

I was also wondering what brand people would recomend? Wait, scratch that. I remember a couple of my mates making their own computers. It is decided, her computer will be a custom job.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 23 Jun 2012 - 10:42

John_234 wrote:When "hacking" you generally have some sort of connection or a terminal to access, so a tablet used for that might be of limited utility, unless you use it to carry some pre-packaged cracking program.
Using pre-packaged software hooked into a USB drive or into their phones is the approach I take with Jethro + Monty. Neither are what you'd call "computer" people, but they also need some capability there to hack into systems and so forth... in general though their skill sets tend to err toward the physical.

I'm not a computer person either, but for executing a cyber attack from first principals I'm dubioius many of the tablet PCs on the market would have the hardward grunt... not to mention that those virtual keyboards are real difficult to type fast on.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 0:54

Alfisti wrote:
John_234 wrote:When "hacking" you generally have some sort of connection or a terminal to access, so a tablet used for that might be of limited utility, unless you use it to carry some pre-packaged cracking program.
Using pre-packaged software hooked into a USB drive or into their phones is the approach I take with Jethro + Monty. Neither are what you'd call "computer" people, but they also need some capability there to hack into systems and so forth... in general though their skill sets tend to err toward the physical.

I'm not a computer person either, but for executing a cyber attack from first principals I'm dubioius many of the tablet PCs on the market would have the hardward grunt... not to mention that those virtual keyboards are real difficult to type fast on.
Yeah, I think I'll throw the tablet out and ust have her use her lappy. Truth be told, part of my motivation for this is just so I can have Mercedes trying to unlock an electorically locked door or something, and another cyborg (proabably Victoria) will get impatiant and just kick in the door. When Mercedes exclaims, "What the hell!" the other will reply, "Manuel overide."
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 1:14

Also depends on what the objective is.

In my current story, Monty and Laine need to clone an iMac SSD so they have a small SSD drive with a Thunderbolt connection and a basic OS to boot from and run the cloning software.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 8:55

Alfisti wrote:

Yeah, I think I'll throw the tablet out and ust have her use her lappy. Truth be told, part of my motivation for this is just so I can have Mercedes trying to unlock an electorically locked door or something, and another cyborg (proabably Victoria) will get impatiant and just kick in the door. When Mercedes exclaims, "What the hell!" the other will reply, "Manuel overide."

LOL now thats a scene I can't wait to read.

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 16:50

Reminds me of that lockpicking scene in the recent Sherlock Holmes movie.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 18:12

John_234 wrote:Reminds me of that lockpicking scene in the recent Sherlock Holmes movie.
Or the one from RED.

"They randomly change the code every six hours, it's unbreakable."
"Then how do we get in?"
Bruce Willis kicks through the wall next to the lock and opens it from the other side.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 6:50

Okay, so I've been remoddeling Samuel a bit, and since he'sin the desert for quite some time, what do people think of the IMI Galil for his primary and the Jericho 941 as a secondary?
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 7:25

What's his reworked background, first?
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 15:07

crazyidiot78 wrote:
Alfisti wrote:

Ditto head bang
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by FearTheLASERFACE Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 16:18

Better yet, manually override the wall.
FearTheLASERFACE
FearTheLASERFACE

Male

Forum Posts : 201

Original Characters : Subject 2-Alpha, Serina, Sarah, James Antolini, Jack Vesputchi

Comments : Kalashnikov sounds so much more bad*** than AK-47

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 0:56

go loud with SPAS and Thumper....it's anything but silence
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 4:06

John_234 wrote:What's his reworked background, first?

It's pretty simple. Ran away from home and joined the Legion after getting into a bit of 'lady touble' with an upperclass English family during the troubles. After 10 years with the Legion, went into PMC work with some other ex-Legion friends. Made a lady friend in Isreal and quite PMC work to be with her. She died in a mugging not long after and he decided to work as a gun for hire in the region. He'll be first introducd as a guide to take Jean, Rico and Claes across the border and into Syria to assassinate Aafez al-Assad to try and put an end to the conflict. (before anyone says "but cyborgs work in Italy, this makes no sense", just think about it. The prez is the problem, but no one wants to interfere, lest they casue an international incident. Why not send a group of assassins that don't exist? Just think about it.)

And I'm changing Samuel's identifying fetures from the Glascow Smile Scars to something a little more probable... a ZZ Top beard.

tremec6speed wrote:
crazyidiot78 wrote:
Alfisti wrote:

Ditto New gear fo my OCs - Page 2 732225

FearTheLASERFACE wrote:Better yet, manually override the wall.

GattoNero wrote:go loud with SPAS and Thumper....it's anything but silence

I finished writing that fic, BTW, so 'll hurry up and post it ^_^.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 13:13

I know you asked me to post a list of battle rifles on here, but that's a ton of work. I'll see you in the chat later.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 23:51

John_234 wrote:I know you asked me to post a list of battle rifles on here, but that's a ton of work. I'll see you in the chat later.
Okee-day.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2