Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have cyborg girls... err.. why not cyborg boys?

+26
xochequetsal
mistersaxon
ebitempura966
taraswizard
Five_X
japanwanderer
MadHatChemist
Triela Hilshire
Danjo3
boomer_gonz
Adam
ElfenMagix
Probit Return
Tommygunner70
Godot
Jacen Starslayer
MP5
Alfisti
Nachtsider
KodokuRyuu
rusty-spring
theprodigalson
Robert Frazer
Professor Voodoo
Kiskaloo
Kalshion
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

We have cyborg girls... err.. why not cyborg boys? - Page 3 Empty Re: We have cyborg girls... err.. why not cyborg boys?

Post by FearTheLASERFACE Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 16:32

Its explained the conditioning works better on a girl.
In fact, because of that, my fanfic was actually originally meant to feature a male cyborg anti-villain who fought back against the conditioning and betrays the SWA General Sheperd/Makorav-style. Then I thought, "Nah."

In fact, quick plot summary:
SWA attacks a Padanian safehouse in the middle of I-don't-know-where, one cyborg injured. That fratello limps back to a heli for evac. Male cyborg appears on the heli, helps the cyborg up, then suddenly pulls magnum out of nowhere and shoots her in the face, and then her handler. Then gets back on heli, and leaves with fellow defectors.

FearTheLASERFACE

Forum Posts : 201

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

We have cyborg girls... err.. why not cyborg boys? - Page 3 Empty Re: We have cyborg girls... err.. why not cyborg boys?

Post by Nachtsider Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 17:19

FearTheLASERFACE wrote:Its explained the conditioning works better on a girl.
Where was this again?

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by FearTheLASERFACE Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 18:53

Oh wait, nvm. It's just "child." I keep mixing the two up when I think about V1.

FearTheLASERFACE

Forum Posts : 201

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 19:00

There we go.

Nachtsider

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 3:28

ElfenMagix wrote:So boys, grab your balls and be proud that you are a boy! For without you, what would the girls do?
I’m sure Britney could give you some alternative solutions. just whistlin'

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Forum Posts : 2609

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 6:57

ElfenMagix wrote: For without you, what would the girls do?
Sounds like a reversal of the Maurice Chevalier line.

Oh god what have I done...I've revealed the horrible truth; I secretly enjoy the 1958 musical Gigi.

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3428

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 11:41

ROTFL

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 11 Nov 2010 - 2:26

Professor Voodoo wrote:Oh god what have I done...I've revealed the horrible truth; I secretly enjoy the 1958 musical Gigi.
We have cyborg girls... err.. why not cyborg boys? - Page 3 Skeleton+in+closet

Don’t worry Voodoo, we all have ‘em.Laughing

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Back to top Go down

Post by sdp2501 Thu 30 Dec 2010 - 10:13

the SWA are pedos thats why episode 3 is a key example snipe snipe

sdp2501

Forum Posts : 132

Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 30 Dec 2010 - 11:48

sdp2501 wrote:the SWA are pedos
Hmm...so it's the SWA themselves that are producing all those hentai doujinshi. Maybe that's how they make up budget shortfalls.

We have cyborg girls... err.. why not cyborg boys? - Page 3 11366110
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 30 Dec 2010 - 20:44

Professor Voodoo wrote:Hmm...so it's the SWA themselves that are producing all those hentai doujinshi. Maybe that's how they make up budget shortfalls.
That would explain things.

We have cyborg girls... err.. why not cyborg boys? - Page 3 Triela_14
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 30 Dec 2010 - 20:51

Professor Voodoo wrote:Hmm...so it's the SWA themselves that are producing all those hentai doujinshi. Maybe that's how they make up budget shortfalls.

Michele: "I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're going to Tokyo for the weekend."

Kara: "And the bad news?"

Michele: "You'll be a booth girl at Comiket."

Kara: "Did Henrietta shoot up an apartment block again?" Angry
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 30 Dec 2010 - 21:15

90% of all GsG Hentai Doujinshis are made by Jewel Box or approved by him by having his name on it somewhere. Jewel Box's other alias is Yu Aida.

Trying to get this back on line. In Yu's "Gunslinger Collection 1998-2002" there is a boy in the story "Cello Player." (He looks like Alpha in the early days. Razz )
We have cyborg girls... err.. why not cyborg boys? - Page 3 GsGBoy

In looking it over an over again , it looks like this character was a cyborg boy in the compound. Closer inspection, its a boy that Rico met on a mission, and in the end dated until Jean caught them. It is similar to the Emilio story, but the boy survives this time. I would like it translated to see what it and the others stories say.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 31 Dec 2010 - 12:36

Kiskaloo wrote:

Michele: "I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're going to Tokyo for the weekend."

Kara: "And the bad news?"

Michele: "You'll be a booth girl at Comiket."

Kara: "Did Henrietta shoot up an apartment block again?" Angry

[Inside Tokyo Big Site on December 29th]

Spoiler:
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 21:30

Nachtsider wrote:We're after in-universe reasons here, people. Not real-life ones. I maintain that there is absolutely no conclusive/good/solid in-universe reason why male operatives should not exist.

Perhaps the more important question is this. If it were up to you, would you allow for the existence of cyborg boys?

Go go go.

Absolutely not. As it has been much more eloquently stated much earlier in this thread, boy cyborgs would just ruin the theme. Having young girls, with feminine hobbies such as teddy bear collecting or having tea parties, forced to train and fight is jarring. Having young boys, who dream of being superheroes and the like, be given the ability to do so isn't quite the same.

I could also see some really annoying romantic relationships developing between the cyborgs, which I'll say would be very distracting and disruptive, since I feel like being polite about it. The girls looking to their handlers and family, as brothers or fathers, fits perfectly with the child soldier theme. I once had a professor who described her work in Africa, helping the victims of the atrocities there. She once said that the children have taken to calling her mother. The SWA is certainly not as charitable as her group was, but will the children of the SWA respond similarly? I'd imagine so.

If you're looking for a solid in-universe reason, you won't find one. There are no reasons aside from thematic reasons that boys can't be included, but that's certainly enough. Bioshock, for anyone that's familiar with it, also features only Little Sisters, not Brothers. They also briefly address why it can only be girls, to about the same degree that GSG explains it (i.e. minimally), but aside from that, it just boils down to the problems that will be created thematically.

But really, Robert Frazer pretty much ended this thread with that brilliant post back then.
Godot
Godot

Male

Forum Posts : 198

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Fri 7 Jan 2011 - 2:15

What Godot said. Yes Indeed
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum