Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mateba Auto Revolvers

5 posters

Go down

Mateba Auto Revolvers Empty Mateba Auto Revolvers

Post by Marder Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 20:23

I'm thinking of arming my OC Adeline with a Mateba Auto revolver chambered for .357 magnum. The reason being the increased firepower over most semi auto pistols such as the ability to punch through most car doors and low grade ballistic vests as well as having faster rates of fire. Anyone got any opinions?
Marder
Marder

Male

Forum Posts : 45

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl and much much more

Original Characters : Adeline, George, Jordan, Daniel

Registration date : 2010-02-10

Back to top Go down

Mateba Auto Revolvers Empty Re: Mateba Auto Revolvers

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 20:58

Cyborg Central Chat room wrote:
[00:30:20] Marder : Elfen what do you think of equipping a cyborg with a Mateba AUto Revolver

[00:31:13] @ ElfenMagix : What I think? It depends on what and why you want her to have it.

[00:31:23] @ ElfenMagix : weapons to me is not a matter.

[00:31:25] Marder : purpose is that she's a biker

[00:31:34] Marder : mainly kills people in cars when they stop at like red lights or in driveways

[00:31:36] Marder : or parking lots

[00:31:52] Marder : Mateba's autorevolvers come in .357 magnum chambering, which will punch through a car door

[00:31:53] @ ElfenMagix : Its how accurate you portray their use is what counts

[00:32:12] Marder : and have the semi automatic capability of most semi auto pistols

[00:32:39] MP5 : so it's really all in technique.

[00:32:56] @ ElfenMagix : As in the case of Biggie Smalls, 7 9mm rounds went through his SUV's door and it was supposed to be bullet proof

[00:33:16] Marder : hmm true

[00:34:01] @ ElfenMagix : Most street thugs will only ride in unprotected cars thinking that their doors will give them some protection.

[00:34:28] @ ElfenMagix : Only the so-called leaders will ride in bullet resistant vehicles.

What you give your OCs, like I said, depends on you. Today's cars are so flimsy that a .22LR will penetrate them. Guns/weapons are a personal choice.

As it has been said, its all in the technique. When my OCs meet up with someone wearing body amour, the target mode automatically switches from Body Shots to Head Shots. Amoured cars, like amoured vests, provide protection to a point. As we used to say in the station, "When buying Body Amour, Dont Buy Cheap!" But we all realize that the vests can only do so much, and makes our heads a much more important target. Furthermore, one can get bullet resistant head gear. Sure the bullet wont penetrate the skull, but you are still getting hit with a baseball bat force to the head. No protection there, now isn't it.

I like it when writers write with such details that run smoothly with the operation of their stories, and worry little about mistakes. Running facts and figures is one thing, but if research keeps you from writing a good story, then why write. A gun/weapon should be an extension of your OC's personality, same as their vehicles. Putting them together to make it work is what makes a story great.

If you want your OC to use such a weapon (Mateba Auto-Revolver), then by all means, do it. Other will argue that there could have been better weapons choices to be made, and they would be right on better weapons. But you would be right on making it work for your OCs.

As for 'fastest rate of fire', as a 'friend' told me, 'Out of the box, any gun can make such claims of speed and accuracy. But you can take any of your guns and make it that much more better in its performance stats b y giving it a liitle work...' He uses S&W 625s, which S&W liked so much that they now make his version of the modified weapon as its own standard weapon; named after him.

Last edited by ElfenMagix on Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 21:12; edited 2 times in total
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 21:08

Yup.

If you spend all your time obsessing over what to use, you'll never have any time to actually write.

Most of your audience is not going to have an encyclopedic knowledge about weapons. So just because you research and find out that a certain caliber of bullet in a certain situation is not optimal does not mean that your reader also knows this and will scream "bullshit!" when they read that passage. And even if they do have that knowledge, there is such a thing as "willing suspension of disbelief" so as long as it is not something really out of the ordinary or bleeding edge, if the story is entertaining, they will likely let it slide.

Also, as an author you have full control of the environment. If you need that "million to one shot" to make a story, then you are free to do so. If you need a weapon to "outperform" in a certain situation, then so be it. As long as you don't make a habit of it (constantly downplaying a weapon's weaknesses because you like to use it), nobody should be in a position to complain about it, especially if it helps the story's entertainment value.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 21:20

If you need that "million to one shot" to make a story, then you are
free to do so. If you need a weapon to "outperform" in a certain
situation, then so be it.

Never done that. I've never written a scene involving an 800yd snap-shot at a human head in a window. Never. I've also never exagerated the MOA rating of the .338 Lapua Magnum cartridge.

It was a hell of a scene, though.

I guess my only question, however, would be what practical purpose such a weapon would serve at all, let alone inside a story. If you need the power of the rimmed cartridges, the Desert Eagle certainly has that market covered in a more available package. It also carries a larger capacity in all of it's chamberings than the semi-auto revolver. For reference, the DEagle is available in .357 (9rounds), 41 Magnum(8), 44 magnum(8), 440 Cor-Bon(7), and the 50Action Express(7). About the only real benefit the gun has over the DEagle is the low bore-axis, which certainly reduces recoil.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 6:31

The other advantage over the DEagle is size, the DEagle so big its hard to hide .
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 18:34

I thought that was a given, though without them side by side, it's diffcult to imagine scale.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 18:44

the Matebas about the same size as a S&W ' N ' frame model 27 or 28
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down