Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10mm Auto

+2
Kiskaloo
FearTheLASERFACE
6 posters

Go down

10mm Auto Empty 10mm Auto

Post by FearTheLASERFACE Sat 25 May 2013 - 17:31

I've taken a huge interest in the 10mm Auto round. At full potential, it actually outperforms the .357 Magnum. It seems to be used mainly in the Glock 20 and the 10mm variant of the MP5. I thought it could fit very well in a setting were armored cyborgs and whatnot exist, because somebody is going to want more stopping power.
I've seen a lot of discussion on the interwebs, but I would like to know what you think are pros and cons of this round.
FearTheLASERFACE
FearTheLASERFACE

Male

Forum Posts : 201

Original Characters : Subject 2-Alpha, Serina, Sarah, James Antolini, Jack Vesputchi

Comments : Kalashnikov sounds so much more bad*** than AK-47

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

10mm Auto Empty Re: 10mm Auto

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 25 May 2013 - 18:15

Based on it's performance figures, 10mm Auto is not going to penetrate a cyborg's armor. Then again, I cannot think of any automatic pistol round that would. I am not sure even a high-power revolver round like .500 S&W Magnum or .600 Nitro will have the power unless delivered at very close range.

We must remember that Triela took a high-powered rifle round in the gut at point blank range and while it appears to have penetrated her armor jacket (based on the blood and her comments about the pain), she was still fully combat-effective.

You need an anti-material round like .50 BMG or 20mm if you want to be sure to take down a cyborg.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sat 25 May 2013 - 18:36

The 10mm round was issued to the FBI as a standard round, they found it to powerful for most of their agents to handle and had to use a lower pressure loading, this oddly enough led to the SW .40 round being developed as it is an easier round to shoot, though 10 mm shooters say the SW stands for Small and Wimpy !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by FearTheLASERFACE Mon 27 May 2013 - 12:38

Hm. The round may work better against a Gen2, though. Additionally, a cyborg could use such a weapon themselves to great effect, since they can presumably handle recoil much more easily...although the actual size of the gun may or may not be a problem.
FearTheLASERFACE
FearTheLASERFACE

Male

Forum Posts : 201

Original Characters : Subject 2-Alpha, Serina, Sarah, James Antolini, Jack Vesputchi

Comments : Kalashnikov sounds so much more bad*** than AK-47

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingdking Mon 27 May 2013 - 19:24

I own and use a 10mm glock it work relly good.
Wingdking
Wingdking

Male

Forum Posts : 47

Fan of : Gsg

Original Characters : frank

Comments : N/a

Registration date : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 28 May 2013 - 14:27

This is why I use the 1911 in .45 caliber. It is not that far off a 10mm. In fact, the Germans used 1911s in WWII in 10mm format and outside of a tiny barrel modification, there was no changes made to the gun and it still shot the .45 round after the mod!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 19:20

The 10mm is basically a sorta equivalent round to .45's kinetic energy in a different combination of velocity x weight. It uses a higher velocity and slightly lighter slugs than .45. Being thinner, guns chambered for it hold more rounds, but they are about as big as .45 guns. The difference is like, 13+1 in a Glock 21 .45 ACP versus 15+1 in a G20 10mm.

It's a nice cartridge that doesn't have snappy recoil by all accounts, but it's still basically a handgun round.
John_234
John_234

Male

Forum Posts : 469

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Taking a break for a while.

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content