Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College in 11 days

+10
Triela
Nuke is Good
boomer_gonz
Nachtsider
Godot
tsundere9kagami2
ElfenMagix
Kiskaloo
LoC978
Cherubino
14 posters

Go down

College in 11 days Empty College in 11 days

Post by Cherubino Tue 11 Aug 2009 - 15:24

So there are only 11 more days left until Triela and I go off to school. As you all well know, I will be off in Purchase NY whereas Triela will be in Bumblefuck, Delaware.

I just can’t believe it’s going to be here so soon. In 11 days I will be away from my mom who isn’t really a mother figure, she is really a best friend. I will be away from my brother Steve who is such an introvert that he doesn’t even talk to my mom. I’m the only one he trusts. Not to mention I leave behind my legacy... My little beautiful puppy Pharaoh who I chose. No one else wanted her but me. And what of my beagle named Doc?

And I am leaving this for what? College parties which I will probably not go to after a bad party experience this past week... Music instruction which will help me but I am worried. What if the teachers don’t do as I ask them. Singing is like body building. If you fuck up you can’t compete. This is a crucial part of my life now. I will have a whole new life and whole new venue to perform and my own place to live far away from home.

I mean there is no good or bad here. I am not afraid of this change but... I hate to reference an anime here but in Full Metal Alchemist, alchemy requires equivalent exchange. Nothing can be gained without there being a sacrifice of equal worth. I guess just realizing I am going to miss out on my old life with mom, Steve, Pharaoh and Doc for a new group of people and my vocal instruction. I guess in a way I am sacrificing my old self (who is still my actual self) to become a different self. One more aware of her voice and technique and ability. *sigh* I don’t even know If I am making sense.

I just figured I would post this...
Cherubino
Cherubino

Female

Forum Posts : 457

Fan of : Opera, Gun sports, antique guns, Final Fantasy

Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

College in 11 days Empty Re: College in 11 days

Post by LoC978 Tue 11 Aug 2009 - 15:29

Makes sense to me. Sounds like you've got a good idea as to what's required of you, and the only thing left to do is go through with it. When life changes, it's rarely comfortable. The only comfort I can point you to is relative: imagine the alternatives (ie doing nothing). Action tends to be better than stagnation... unless it gets ya killed. Even then, was it worse?
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 11 Aug 2009 - 15:31

On the plus side, you'll still be relatively close to home, friends and family since you're in NY.

I went to college in my early teens on the opposite side of the country from my family and friends in Seattle. I graduated three years later and came back home to start my Masters. A year after that, I was in Beijing for a year finishing up that degree.

So for a good part of five years I was away from everyone I knew. Back then, the Internet as we know it didn't exist, but online chatrooms via ARPANET and BBS' did help me get through those times by connecting me with existing friends and helping me make new ones.

So if you ever feel lonely, you know we're here for ya. Good
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 11 Aug 2009 - 16:52

Oh God! Purchase NY?!!!
I hope you like snow!!!

All kidding aside, you will be relatively close to home. Its only a greyhound bus ride away (less than an hour). My god son will also be heading in that direction, so you might get to know him.

Just because you will be away, does not men that you can go out and party hardy all the time. You do have your studies. The sooner you can get them out of the way- the better.

I went (and still do go) to school in the city, but my ex-from-hell and our daughter went to Cornell. All my friends I know- who went to schools up state- HATED THE COLD WINTERS AND SNOW!!! 6FT OF IT!!!

Have fun, study hard!
I will be starting college too, but around 9/2. Summer school was a burn out experience!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Tue 11 Aug 2009 - 20:10

Im going college next year.....GO FIND SCHOLARSHIPS TSUNDERE!!! NAO!!!!!!!!
Im a senior now so im gonna go out and live it up this year now that i has mein lisence gonna do a bunch of shit (while minding my schoolwork) and im gonna go smoke abunch of weed (while minding my schoolwerk) gonna party and go out with friends (whist minding thine schulework) and whatever else I can do (while minding my schoolwork)

and maybe do something ive never done....skip class!!! bwahahahaha I dont know why i havent done this yet...
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1075

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino Tue 11 Aug 2009 - 22:25

tsundere9kagami2 wrote:and maybe do something ive never done....skip class!!! bwahahahaha I dont know why i havent done this yet...

Are you kidding me? You've never skipped classes before? I'm shocked. I only went to three days outta 5 days of school on good weeks. And I still graduated xD.

Anyway, thanks guys. There isn't much you can really say in the way of guidance or support in this sorta topic but somehow everyone has managed to say one of the two in a meaningful way. Razz

And thank you especially Loc. Your words really meant a lot.
Cherubino
Cherubino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Tue 11 Aug 2009 - 23:54

theres nothing even good to do
either smoke weed ...in a bathroom..
Hang out with friends....in a bathroom
or leave the grounds...in a bathroom

or hang out with people in someone elses classroom which i have done
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 1:50

man, I wish I had it so good in high school. 10 days missed in a semester was an automatic 'No Grade' (like an F that doesn't affect your GPA) at my school. Some kids had to petition the school board because they were sick too often...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 1:57

actually LOC for me its 7 days and you fail
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 1:59

yours was harsher than mine, then. I was talking to cherubino. missing 2 outta 5 days every week would've gotten me expelled in short order.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 3:16

Good luck in college Cherry cheers . I can't say I know how it is since I still live at home and commute to my university daily so I haven't really lost out on too much.
As for the parties, you don't have to go to any at all if you choose not to. I'm certainly not a party person although living on-campus might make parties harder to avoid.
Personally, I would never skip classes, especially in college. Partly because the tuition we're paying is so astronomically high that I would feel horribly guilty to have my mom pay this bill only to have me not take full advantage of it. We're pretty much paying around $100+ before any financial aid of any sort per class. Guh?
So you're going to study music if I'm not mistaken?
Godot
Godot

Male

Forum Posts : 198

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 6:04

11 more days, huh? That's nice...well, I think that's nice since its better than to just sit around and doing nothing. I'll be stuck at home until the 9th of September--that's still a month way off! And most of my friends have already left for college/uni. So its pretty lonely at some point.

Hey, at least you're still in country! I'll have to cross the pond to get back home and see my family again if I'm thinking of going home.

And I am leaving this for what? College parties which I will probably not go to
Experience! Knowledge! What else people go to college/uni for? Prestige? Parties? No! To gain more knowledge and experience for a better future! I really have to question the local students once I get to college about 'what's up with college parties'. Seriously...the idea is just to get yourself drunk, doped, and laid its almost pointless. Frying a fair amount of brain cells when it can be used for something else much more productive.

in Full Metal Alchemist, alchemy requires equivalent exchange. Nothing
can be gained without there being a sacrifice of equal worth.
True, true. I can't agree more. However, let me reference something from a video game of the same anime. Sometimes in life, no matter how much or how large you sacrifice you may not gain anything. So once your mother gave you that trust to live alone, use it wisely. Think twice or maybe three times when you're forced to make a decision.

All in all, good luck! And for getting into college, omedettou!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 6:52

I wish you nothing but the very best in the journey of knowledge and discovery you are about to embark upon, Cherry. It may seem a daunting prospect, but the truth is nowhere near as so - this I can tell you from first-hand experience. Home is not distant in your case, and the miracle of technology will ensure that contact with your loved ones remains more than just a possibility prior to your inevitable return to their arms (and paws). And while I know in my heart of hearts that you will advance in life by leaps and bounds, the joy of your old existence will remain a tender, warm sanctuary you can always visit if you so please. Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. Here's looking at ya, sistah - go out there and sock it to 'em.

On a final note - playing hooky for the win. Good girls go to heaven; bad girls go EVERYWHERE. AWESOME
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 10:34

Yeah, I went to a private high school so organizing "Senior Skip Day" was a major undertaking. To just ditch for the heck of it? Unfathomable.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 12:17

cheers

The best advice I can give you on playing in the majors.

Go get 'em...

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke...

and...Make the world your bitch!
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 14:03

At least you have technology to talk to your friends and family. Any amount of effort will go a long way with keeping in touch.

Think of your friends in family when in college, so you can keep motivated and such. Even though I have friends in my college, the ones I have at home still matter more.
Nuke is Good
Nuke is Good

Male

Forum Posts : 326

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Rc v1

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 14:56

So little time at home left. It feels like summer just stared and now I'm going away. I never wanted to leave home and my sister wanted to go away for college, now it's the compleat opposite.

I have an amazing roommate and I know we're going to be great friends. I just don't want it to be like my first year of high school when I had no friends because I was too shy to talk to anyone...

I'm also really stressed because I KNOW people's art is going to be sooo much better than mine. I can't help but think that I have 0 talent next to some people...

I'm just scared from being so far from home. On one side I'm ecited about this new chapter in my life, but on the other I want to stay where I am and not move forward.

Darn stress.
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 18:51

LoC and Tsuna roll: My school is needy. They don't care if someone like me, who has an average above 90, cuts class. As long as I keep my grades and regents up they will love you.

Personally, I would never skip classes, especially in college. Partly because the tuition we're paying is so astronomically high that I would feel horribly guilty to have my mom pay this bill only to have me not take full advantage of it. We're pretty much paying around $100+ before any financial aid of any sort per class.
So you're going to study music if I'm not mistaken?
Chances are I won't be cutting that much. But since school is coming out of my own pocket I won't feel so bad for my mom lol. Yes I am going to be a vocal performance major.

Seriously...the idea is just to get yourself drunk, doped, and laid its almost pointless. Frying a fair amount of brain cells when it can be used for something else much more productive.
The reason I go to house parties is for the free booze, to hook up with people, and dance. I don't get bumbling drunk. If you party, you just have to do so responsibly. Wink Wrap that tool fellas! xD

So once your mother gave you that trust to live alone, use it wisely. Think twice or maybe three times when you're forced to make a decision.
This has nothing to do with my parents... I signed to loans for my school. I spent all my inheritance on books. My mother has no say in what I do and she even said she was upset she had nothing to hold over my head anymore and torment me. lol. Really though, my mom's cool.

Home is not distant in your case, and the miracle of technology will ensure that contact with your loved ones remains more than just a possibility prior to your inevitable return to their arms (and paws). And while I know in my heart of hearts that you will advance in life by leaps and bounds, the joy of your old existence will remain a tender, warm sanctuary you can always visit if you so please. Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. Here's looking at ya, sistah - go out there and sock it to 'em.
AWW!!! You know... I think it's sad that of all my family I will be leaving... I will miss my Pharaoh the most...

[quote] On a final note - playing hooky for the win. Good girls go to heaven; bad girls go EVERYWHERE. [quote]
Oh don't we though? Wink

... Oh Just the world? Wink

Think of your friends in family when in college, so you can keep motivated and such. Even though I have friends in my college, the ones I have at home still matter more.
Oh that's true. Though I will have friends around me... My friends like Triela will always be in my mind.

And Triela, I'm more excited for you than I am for myself! I can't wait for you to move and become independent. Maybe then you'll learn how to drive and how to navigate xD

Last edited by Cherubino on Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 21:32; edited 1 time in total
Cherubino
Cherubino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 19:54

Experience! Knowledge! What else people go to college/uni for?
Prestige? Parties? No! To gain more knowledge and experience for a
better future! I really have to question the local students once I get
to college about 'what's up with college parties'. Seriously...the idea
is just to get yourself drunk, doped, and laid its almost pointless.
Frying a fair amount of brain cells when it can be used for something
else much more productive.

You'd be surprised how many college students believe that college is about "finding yourself" and having fun! I've taught many college kids who said that they expect to get an "A" jut for showing up and going through the mostions, and that they'll actrually bother to learn when they get into medical/dental school, &c.!

NO
MadHatChemist
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Thu 13 Aug 2009 - 0:16

I went to a college about an hour away from home so I was far enough from it to enjoy life in the college dorms/apt, but close enough that if I wanted to go home I could. I was pretty shy in high school, but I had a blast getting to know my roomie and others in the dorms and had some of the best times of my life there. While you are going off to start a new life, just remember that when you go back home your old life will still be there. It's easy to be anxious, but make the best out of it. =)

You'd be surprised how many college students believe that college is about "finding yourself" and having fun! I've taught many college kids who said that they expect to get an "A" jut for showing up and going through the motions, and that they'll actually bother to learn when they get into medical/dental school
I've had to TA college brats that pleaded/begged they need an A or B to get into med/nursing/dental/pharm school. Seriously....if you really needed that grade, maybe do better on the exams in the first place instead of waiting till the very end. Wink
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 13 Aug 2009 - 9:09

Sakura wrote:I've had to TA college brats that pleaded/begged they need an A or B to get into med/nursing/dental/pharm school. Seriously....if you really needed that grade, maybe do better on the exams in the first place instead of waiting till the very end. Wink

They probably wanted to get into medicine after watching Scrubs and didn't realize until it was too late that real medicine wasn't like that and therefore the...preparation...they'd been doing in college wasn't applicable. Razz
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Thu 13 Aug 2009 - 13:00

skipping class in my school means being a delinquent and doing delinquent activities...unless you are a total pussy and you go to the bandroom

dealing doing drugs dealing weapons dealing good old honest car parts.
Oh and my personal favorite Bathroom fight club (even tho some of the fights looked almightily gay.

the girl handcuffed to the retard stall was funny ...but i was concerned

skipping class to go to a second lunch...you are either super fat or you skip to be with your friends.

skip to be in the library...who does that ayway thats what hall passes are for.
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino Thu 13 Aug 2009 - 13:53

tsundere9kagami2 wrote:skipping class in my school means being a delinquent and doing delinquent activities...unless you are a total pussy and you go to the bandroom

dealing doing drugs dealing weapons dealing good old honest car parts.
Oh and my personal favorite Bathroom fight club (even tho some of the fights looked almightily gay.

the girl handcuffed to the retard stall was funny ...but i was concerned

skipping class to go to a second lunch...you are either super fat or you skip to be with your friends.

skip to be in the library...who does that ayway thats what hall passes are for.

When I cut random classes I would go to the music rooms. They all knew me there.
But honestly, by cutting, I would really just leave school and go home. It took almost an hour to get to and from school and i kinda liked going home early. And since I had only 3 classes a day my senior year... I just wouldn't go in general. But NO ONE SHOULD FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE. Every one here who is in HS should continue to go and do well. If you don't...I'll make you! College in 11 days 86919
Cherubino
Cherubino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 8:09

well just one thing... as much as people say high school is ur best year, just remember that u make ur life so college can be ur best years if you want too, cheers drinkin'
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 15 Aug 2009 - 2:05

Cherubino wrote:
... Oh Just the world? Wink [/quote]

NO! The world is just a start. LOLZ

Kiskaloo wrote:They probably wanted to get into medicine after watching Scrubs and didn't realize until it was too late that real medicine wasn't like that and therefore the...preparation...they'd been doing in college wasn't applicable. Razz

Story of my entire professional life. LOLZ
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 15 Aug 2009 - 2:15

Kiskaloo wrote:They probably wanted to get into medicine after watching Scrubs and didn't realize until it was too late that real medicine wasn't like that and therefore the...preparation...they'd been doing in college wasn't applicable. Razz
PROTIP: You're meant to go into medicine expecting it to be a dog's life.

@ Triela: Be brave, Princess. Who dares, wins. Fortune favors the bold. You're far more talented than you (and even I) think you are.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 15 Aug 2009 - 2:41

Nachtsider wrote:PROTIP: You're meant to go into medicine expecting it to be a dog's life.

LOLZ!! I about floored the class when I gave my reasons.

I.E. I wanna make enough money to keep going to school without relying on financial aide and work in a place with a lot of hot chicks. The hot chicks part didn't really pan out so well. sweat

Hell, I didn't even go to that candle-lighting ceremony and had to wait for my license to come in the mail longer than I should have. But, I wasn't mad. The day before graduation, Sera insisted we go out to celebrate and celebrate we did. I awoke in Sera's apartment(a rarity) on her bed(an even bigger rarity) with a chick I didn't know on top of me. I look over and Sera has her head buried in one of the best racks I ever saw. I remember everything except after 3 a.m...maybe. It didn't help that when I woke up it was already 5 PM of the next day.

For all aspiring nurses in The Republic who have been told that the candle-lighting ceremony is now mandatory, that might've been my fault. Sorry.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by destroyer Sun 16 Aug 2009 - 8:14

Wish you luck!!!! a whole new world is waiting for you.
Have a good time and never overdo anything.
need help in any of your subjects? ask your teacher, that's what they're for. lol.
destroyer
destroyer

Male

Forum Posts : 238

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : none

Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down