Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread)

+6
Wileama
LoC978
rshackleford
Awinnell
Piero
Nachtsider
10 posters

Go down

Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) Empty Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread)

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 9:43

Yeah so what if intel forgot to tell you that the target will arrive in an armored vehicle? Being the good handler you are you probably packed some extra heat for your cyborg...Hmm what would it be?

I would choose the M-72 LAW. It's portable, easy to handle by an 8 year old assassin, and it could be picked up at your local black market! ^^

Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) 300px-USAF_M72_LAW

But maybe intel wouldn't want so much collateral damage...So you've chosen...

The Barrett M107, since it could be loaded with armor piercing bullets. We'll just see how armored that car is...

Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) 180px-M107_1

Back to top Go down

Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) Empty Re: Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread)

Post by Nachtsider Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 10:16

The 'Baby Barrett' is an excellent heavy weapon. No surprise that many here have chosen it to arm their original characters with. Closest any canon character came to wielding something like that thing was Elsa with her PGM Ultima Ratio Hecate II.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) Empty Re: Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread)

Post by Piero Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 13:33

Alessia already has this covered with her 'Heavy Duty Special':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79FfE6OBTK4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3PukNG09RU
http://www.zid.ru/en/products/military/kord.html

It's so big, it probably has to be at least partially disassembled to fit in her handler's car -and he drives a Volvo V70 (a large station wagon).

On a more restrained note, I've considered that the Diana/Piero fratello may crack out one of these when Diana's G3-SG/1 isn't up to the job. Unfortunately, it uses spacers for stock length adjustment, making adjustments less convenient then with other adjustable stock designs, and that could be a problem given the seven and a half inch height difference between the two...

http://www.sako.fi/sakotrgmodels.php?trg42_showdata

Also given some thought to the folding stock version of the gun (easier to stow in the trunk of a small car?) although i think it uses spacers for adjustment as well.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 14:32

how about a 84mm carl gustav recoiless anti tank rifle !

Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) 84mm_c10
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 15:25

how would a 4-bore double barreled rifle do ?

Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) 4bore310

Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) Gatl-510

what that round looks like after it hits !

Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) 4bore111
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rshackleford Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 21:06

The Carl Gustav seems like the smartest choice. Rifled launch tube means better accuracy over longer distances, higher muzzle velocity gives the shooter better chances against a moving target, and it can be fitted with all sorts of optic systems. The Gustav surpasses the performance of the LAW on every level.

Sure it's about 3 times heavier than a LAW, but it is a superhuman cyborg we're talking about here, so an 18-pound launcher isn't really that big of a deal.

Hell, during the Falklands War a Royal Marine managed to to damage a Argentinian corvette (the type of ship, not the car) with a shot from a Gustav.
rshackleford
rshackleford

Male

Forum Posts : 85

Fan of : Leon the Professional

Registration date : 2008-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 21:44

...I realize that there is no overkill in war (only shoot and reload), but this is political assassination we're talkin' about. Subtlety is a virtue in the GSG world, and explosives are not subtle.
The .50cal rifles and machine guns can be employed in such a way as not to expose them too much, but antitank weapons?! I've said it before, but... that's what Italy's (and their allies') regular armed forces are for. Overt threats (like, say, a tank), are incredibly difficult to move in concealment... and once they're employed, concealment really isn't even an option anymore. If the northern seperatists actually busted out some real hardware and started blowing shit up, Esercito Italiano, Aeronautica Militare, and/or Marina Militare would be all over their asses. Highly doubtful they'd even need to call on the Americans in Aviano, Naples, et cetera.
[/rambling]
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 4:57

Ditto what LoC said. That said that 4 bore is ridiculous. Honestly that much metal flying through the air is just wow...
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 10:04

Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) Gatl-510

- Why is this bullet so big?

:huh:
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 13:24

emperor wrote:Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) Gatl-510

- Why is this bullet so big?

:huh:

its meant for very big game hunting,when you want to kill say a water buffalo or elephant (though thats illegal !) in one shot !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 23:16

Good old fashion Elephant Gun! Friend had one... :lol!:

It was created when Teddy Roosevelt was hunting Big Game and the 30-06 Winchester gave him were bouncing off the elephants, rhinos and hippos he shot at! Only made them mad- he complained. So Winchester made that just for him and it worked! They made more and sold them- :lol!:
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 23:24

Awinnell wrote:its meant for very big game hunting,when you want to kill say a water buffalo or elephant (though thats illegal !) in one shot !

Pfft...you guys hunt buffalo and elephant with guns? That's for little girly men. I hunt my exotic 2 ton animals with a spear baby.

Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) Jim_spear_small

Awesome! Razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 23:43

You hunt with Brittany Spears? :lol!:
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 0:14

I never thought I'd say this, Rusty, but you are one ugly SOB.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 10:28

Depends on which one of the OCs.

Gewehr would take the Barrett M107 Rifle and take the target out from a distance.

Anna would most likely go for LAW

Frederick...

either the Panzerfaust, Panzershreck, or what he'll most possibly use would be sticky bombs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 12:06

lol sticky bombs,one of the few weapons from the second world war that came with a safety warning for the user !

The sticky bomb was more complicated. It was like a large toffee apple. There was a white tape that you stripped off, you then gave the bomb a shake and two halves fell away leaving you with a sticky toffee apple type bomb full of nitro glycerin. You pushed a button in the handle and then whacked it onto the side of a passing enemy tank, which in our case was an old iron boiler towed along behind a lorry. It was while practicing that a HG. bomber got his stick [sic] bomb stuck to his trouser leg and couldn’t shift it. A quick thinking mate whipped the trousers off and got rid of them and the bomb. After the following explosion the trousers were in a bit of a mess though I think they were a bit of a mess prior to the explosion. [Bill Miles, WW2 People's War.[2]]
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 13:06

stick bombs came in all sorts of shapes, and sizes. Generally though they where not safe. Hell even if they where perfectly safe, think about their most common use. A person tries to attach it to a vulnerable spot on a tank. This requires something that is soft, and squish to be entirely to close to the big metal monstrosity with guns, for anything resembling comfort.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 20:05

The future of starchy root crop weaponry.

Shown here is Potato-In-Chief Spuds McKenzie displaying the new XM199 "90% More Ruffles" gun-howitzer:
Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) Huge_s10
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 20:17

Ruffles are delicious.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 1:13

Nachtsider wrote:Ruffles are delicious.

Of COURSE. Razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 7:21

ok if explosives are to much ,how about a 20mm rifle ? the South African, Mechem NTW 20

Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) Ntw20_10
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 7:31

You mean that thing doesn't fire explosive rounds?
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 9:22

stick bombs came in all sorts of shapes, and sizes. Generally though they where not safe

Laughing

Well, that's the main point.

Sometimes I have the thought of having Frederick exploded after he lit the sticky bomb a little too early :p
He's not into into explosives; in fact, he's not one to handle explosives! His handler gave him almost minimal training on explosives that the best thing he could create would be an improvised sticky bomb or a Molotov cocktail. He can use hand-grenades, but don't ask about grenade launchers. His distancexangle estimation sucks.

Then again, why would he need sticky bomb in a busy street? The Five Republics aren't going to brought in tanks into the city; that's declaring war.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 11:04

Awinnell wrote:ok if explosives are to much ,how about a 20mm rifle ? the South African, Mechem NTW 20
Nachtsider wrote:You mean that thing doesn't fire explosive rounds?
lol...

but yeah... that rifle (which seems to have gotten rather popular 'round here lately), while somewhat noisier than a .50cal, is still a plausible weapon for 'em.

Although my personal favorite is the Steyr AMR/IWS 2000:
Maybe a Little Fire Power Might Do... (The Heavy Weapons Thread) Steyr_amr_1
I'll take a sabot round over explosives any day to kill everything in a vehicle.
I know, I know... you're thinking "LoC is advocating finesse over brute force?! WTF!". But there comes a point where more brute force just complicates things unnecessarily.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 11:37

...I thought the Agency have APCs or Tanks in store?

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 12:51

LoC978 wrote:I know, I know... you're thinking "LoC is advocating finesse over brute force?! WTF!". But there comes a point where more brute force just complicates things unnecessarily.
I don't know who you are anymore. :crying:

Razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 13:26

Panzer IV wrote:...I thought the Agency have APCs or Tanks in store?
there's nothing in canon to support that theory, and logically, why would they? They're in the political assassination business. There's no reason not to leave army operations to Esercito Italiano.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jul 2008 - 21:00

In terms of heavy weapons, LoC did state the purpose of the agency is for politically motivated assassinations...okay, I twisted the wording a bit. My honest opinion? The heaviest they'll use is a HMG. But not
too heavy it has to be vehicle mounted.

In this case, I'll use something that a child assassin, trained well enough, can possibly use. This is stemming from Triela's use of the HK G3A3 in episode 12 of the first anime. The HK21E Machine Gun. If needed, (granted I take part in Piero's RPG and create a fratello) the weapon can be converted to fire a standard G3 box magazine or a 50rd drum. Nevertheless, it'd be a good all around weapon, except for the whole size issue.

At that point, I'll put aside my pro-HK sentiments and get an FN Minimi SPW.

HK21E MG footage, courtesy of HKPro
http://www.hkpro.com/video/HK21E.mov

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Tue 29 Jul 2008 - 7:52

Tomoya wrote:In terms of heavy weapons, LoC did state the purpose of the agency is for politically motivated assassinations...okay, I twisted the wording a bit. My honest opinion? The heaviest they'll use is a HMG. But not
too heavy it has to be vehicle mounted.

Last i checked Pia used a M203 grenade launcher. that plus what if the target is in a armored vehicle.

The Dark Night
*bullets rain on the side of the police van*
Harvey dent- this thing is built for this right?
Police- they're gonna need something bigger than that to do the job
*joker pulls out an RPG*
Police driver- is that a bazooka??!!
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 29 Jul 2008 - 8:04

Tomoya wrote:In terms of heavy weapons, LoC did state the purpose of the agency is for politically motivated assassinations...
They're more a elite counter-terrorist/law-enforcement team, I say.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jul 2008 - 10:11

True, at which point, the use of grenade launchers can be used. I'd use the HK ones, seeing their either side loading or bottom loading, a whole new set of 40mm Grenades can be used. Longer ones with more explosives, baton, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jul 2008 - 11:23

a whole new set of 40mm Grenades can be used. Longer ones with more explosives, baton, etc.

I believe the Agency permits it, but limits it.

I mean, how much damage can a grenade do to an area? Massive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jul 2008 - 15:32

Yeah, but that's only if the use is needed, and those grenade launchers can be kept as their own stand alone weapon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down