Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I found what people THOUGHT GSG was going to be about...

+9
LoC978
rusty-spring
ElfenMagix
Danjo3
Tommygunner70
sasahara17
Nachtsider
Wileama
Sintendo
13 posters

Go down

I think I found what people THOUGHT GSG was going to be about... Empty I think I found what people THOUGHT GSG was going to be about...

Post by Sintendo Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 4:02

Little Girls that are part WWII aircraft blowing shit up left, right, up, AND down...

...And ALL of them don't wear any pants...

Guh?
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Forum Posts : 618

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

I think I found what people THOUGHT GSG was going to be about... Empty Re: I think I found what people THOUGHT GSG was going to be about...

Post by Wileama Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 5:39

I declare this super ridiculous, and more then a little questionable in terms of taste. With that in mind I motion that this awful attempt at a show be banned from reality. Do I have a second?
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

I think I found what people THOUGHT GSG was going to be about... Empty Re: I think I found what people THOUGHT GSG was going to be about...

Post by Nachtsider Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 6:05

I like the whole Tank/Plane Girls concept or whatever they call it, but the lack of pants?

Goddammit, Japan.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 6:10

Errr... wow. Now I've seen everything.

I'm watching Blassreiter at the moment, so this thing is kinda... disturbing.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 7:43

Its just your standard menu of so many anime shows.

the main dish being cute, young girls with a few over sized guns with a salad of Secret advanced Technology to aid those girls in fighting against a side order of Enemy Alien forces.

And as a dessert for the after taste, some form of Lolicon or showing of Panties mixed in with the heavy battle scene's.

I don't care much about Lolicon, and it isn't like I haven't seen Panties before.

But I would watch this anime because it looks interesting.

Nachtsider wrote:I like the whole Tank/Plane Girls concept or whatever they call it

Lol, has a transformers Ring to it right? Razz

Nachtsider wrote:But the lack of pants?

That Japan for ya.

Seriously though, I bet if you ask the author why he did that, he'd be saying something like "Pants or fabric would interfere with the neurological connection that allows them to control those plane boots of theirs.
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 10:41

Sintendo wrote:Little Girls that are part WWII aircraft blowing shit up left, right, up, AND down...
They threw in a little bit of everything on this one, didn’t they? (even cat ears and tails!)
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 17:09

Guh? Awesome!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 19:39

VIVA ITALIA!!!

I have to say, loli panty shots aside, it's an intertaining show (Yes, I caved into my curiosity).

Lots of mindless violence and all that good stuff, but I'm not going to be shitting my pants waiting for the next episode.

EDIT: Forget what I said. I was challenged to "take a shot everytime there's a crotch-shot" by a friend of mine...

I didn't last the whole episode, lol...
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 5:26

Man okay so I spotted this youtube video. So there is another show like this one. Then I noticed there was this one episode on youtube of this similar show. Okay girl suffering total guilt trip on surviving, that looked like interesting room for character development. Then there was the whole bra story line.

I just can't over look like. That kills the entire thing for me. The characters are 12 tops. There is no way I'm down with the show focusing on a 12 year old girls measurements. It's just not cool. If the other show is anything like that, then I couldn't watch it. Not for all the mindless violence in the world.

Also why are there three girls from Nazi Germany in Sky Witches. They totally don't look like villains...
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 6:30

Wileama wrote:Man okay so I spotted this youtube video. So there is another show like this one. Then I noticed there was this one episode on youtube of this similar show. Okay girl suffering total guilt trip on surviving, that looked like interesting room for character development. Then there was the whole bra story line.

I just can't over look like. That kills the entire thing for me. The characters are 12 tops. There is no way I'm down with the show focusing on a 12 year old girls measurements. It's just not cool. If the other show is anything like that, then I couldn't watch it. Not for all the mindless violence in the world.

Also why are there three girls from Nazi Germany in Sky Witches. They totally don't look like villains...

World invaded by aliens in 1944. Germany was destroyed.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 8:43

*look at Image from Sin*

Lol, a 16 year old German girl (6th row) named: "Erica Hartmann"?

Guess it must be Hillshire's niece Razz
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 9:27

Tommygunner70 wrote:Lol, a 16 year old German girl (6th row) named: "Erica Hartmann"?

Guess it must be Hillshire's niece Razz
Poor guy just can’t get away from that shit can he? Laughing
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 10:22

Danjo3 wrote:Poor guy just can’t get away from that shit can he? Laughing

No he can't ^_^
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 14:14

I don't have much time to type a response, but I have found this entire thread to be highly amusing. From Nazi loli's to pants-less aerial combat... :lollol:

And I sometimes think the stuff that goes on in my mind is wacky. Laughing
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 9:33

Mecha-Musumes.

Well, this is one of the wonders we have here and one otaku-magnet.

What else can an otaku get?
-Panty shots (v)
-lolis (v)
-mechas (v)
-ears and tails (v)
-guns (v)
-romance (v)
-'story' (v)

a complete list that I for sure not touching.

There are animes out there far more 'magnetic' than that, but its not worth mentioning

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 12:44

Sintendo wrote:World invaded by aliens in 1944. Germany was destroyed.
Okay, but are they still Nazis? Just, because Germany gets obliterated doesn't mean the same goes for the Nazis party, or it's crimes. Is there a more benign explanation. Like the nationality of Germans is shown with the Nazi flag, because that was the government when the fatherland was destroyed?
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 12:57

Okay, but are they still Nazis? Just, because Germany gets obliterated doesn't mean the same goes for the Nazis party, or it's crimes. Is there a more benign explanation. Like the nationality of Germans is shown with the Nazi flag, because that was the government when the fatherland was destroyed?

...on second thought, if there are Nazi flags on the anime I'd be damn watching it and laugh my ass off. That means the anime would most definitely be illegal in almost all countries!

I think it goes:

-Aliens invade in 1944, Germany destroyed
-Remaining Germans and Nazi Party makes peace with Allies to fight Aliens

...maybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 13:36

That's pretty much spot on.

Also, the chick from Great Britian is actually from Canada. There an updated image out there where they used Canada's pre-1960 flag.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 13:50

That's pretty much spot on.

Laughing

Something I could come up after the end of the alien thing:

Next thing of course after the end of the Alien-war-thingy, Nazis rose back up and start using the technologies against the Allies--then the Allies would do so in return, and next minute you know there will be full-scale world war involving adolescent teenage girls with guns as a WMD being killed by others of the same or by ground troops or r**ed by soldiers in the continuation of the war.

...and that's about it. Reading about Nazi Germany, I won't doubt that they'll try to take over the world sooner or later. After that, the Japanese created SaiKano using Chise, and then its the end of the world :p

...now that's a bit of a loss

That Japan for ya.

Seriously though, I bet if you ask the author why he did that, he'd be saying something like "Pants or fabric would interfere with the neurological connection that allows them to control those plane boots of theirs.

And I do find that OFFENSIVE. How long have you been living here? I doubt you even have visited here to even UNDERSTAND fully what Japan is! Before you say any other comment I suggest you THINK of what you're going to say! PERIOD!

Goddammit, Japan.

Oh, and yes goddammit Japan eh? If there's no Japan, would there be Gunslinger Girl? Would there be Azumanga Daioh? Would there be School Rumble? Would there even be ANIME? I don't think so.

Oh, please don't mind me today I'm in a terrible mood

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 13:53

how about "That's exported Japanese media for ya"

Because, seriously... the loli pantyshot is WAAAAY too common in anime. Obviously, it sells. otherwise, why would they do it?
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 14:06

how about "That's exported Japanese media for ya"

Because, seriously... the loli pantyshot is WAAAAY too common in anime. Obviously, it sells. otherwise, why would they do it?

Oh suuuuuure...

and you guys like it, right? Of course! And of course damn 'Japan' for creating such? But who watch it? Who LIKES it?

Not many! Just because it is from Japan, doesn't mean every single one of us loves it! They were use as an otaku-magnet considering how LARGE the numbers of them are here! Want prove? Oooh go visit Akihabara and see.

God I'm sorry for saying that. Very, very sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 14:24

Panzer wrote:Just because it is from Japan, doesn't mean every single one of us loves it!
You think we don't know that? we can pretty much equate it to Star Trek or Star Wars fans over here. The majority of people don't like sci-fi (they'd rather watch celebrity gossip shit), but the hardcore fans are like a fucking cult.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 14:26

Ok guys, let's chill Razz . Here, have a doughnut.

I think I found what people THOUGHT GSG was going to be about... Krispy_kreme_glazed_doughnut
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 14:35

rusty-spring wrote:Ok guys, let's chill Razz . Here, have a doughnut.

I think I found what people THOUGHT GSG was going to be about... Krispy_kreme_glazed_doughnut

cheers Doughnuts! cheers

I likey, I likey!!!!
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 15:19

I've got enough extra fat from beer. I'll eat a veggie party platter, thanks Smile

Last edited by LoC978 on Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 15:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : move along, people... nothing to see here...)
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 15:23

You think we don't know that?

Of course you guys know that!

How it was mentioned
That Japan for ya.; Goddammit, Japan.
is what offends me! As if we're ALL like that! Geez...

First thing that catch my head when I read that, heh, 'fuck you'

*sigh*

I need ice on my head now...

...and maybe an ice cream. Damn heat's a killer...

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 19:37

I understand.

I bought a frozen yogurt cone at my local greaseball factory and I barely got through my first bite when the damned thing starts melting like someone pissed on it.

I looked at the sky and said, "Oh, come on. That's just fucking cruel!!!"
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 22:24

Holy shit, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Wait wait...I need to find them

I think I found what people THOUGHT GSG was going to be about... Loliai10

^These things. Some of them look nekkid, but they are actually wearing tiny crotch-pasties, so it's okay. :tired:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jul 2008 - 1:16

Loli Airplane Machine

They are, respectfully, called Mecha Musumes.

But, Loli Airplane Machine doesn't stray too far

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 16 Jul 2008 - 1:17

I just call them 'Tank Girls' or 'Plane Dames'.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Thu 17 Jul 2008 - 23:40

Sintendo wrote:That's pretty much spot on.
So I assume then the Allies skip over the crimes against humanity, seeing as Germany, and most of those responsible are obliterated?

Kelly Beansprout wrote:Some of them look are nekkid.
Minor correction made. Razz
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Thu 17 Jul 2008 - 23:47

Wileama wrote:
Sintendo wrote:That's pretty much spot on.
So I assume then the Allies skip over the crimes against humanity, seeing as Germany, and most of those responsible are obliterated?

Well (and no offense to anyone):

1) They all have something much more important to deal with... saving the Earth from an invading alien race. I think that they'd stop bickering for a while and deal with that first.

2) Not quite sure what the exact details are, but I'm damned sure the Nazis were spread throughout Europe and Africa... remnants of those who weren't in Germany when it went ka-boom...?

3) lol, why are we still talking about this show?
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 18 Jul 2008 - 0:18

Sorry, I just find myself curious about having Nazis on the 'good guy' side. I mean they're Nazis. I've lost count of how many stories revolve around having Nazis as villains. To see them one the other side just rubs me the wrong way, and I have to understand it. That, and yeah I would put the survival of the human race above crimes against humanity, but that's a kind of moral gray area to me. So I'm curious how the show handles it. Is there any animosity between the Axis, and Allied characters, or are they all just best buddies?

P.S. Before anyone says it, yes I know curiosity killed the cat...
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Fri 18 Jul 2008 - 1:04

Wileama wrote:Sorry, I just find myself curious about having Nazis on the 'good guy' side. I mean they're Nazis. I've lost count of how many stories revolve around having Nazis as villains. To see them one the other side just rubs me the wrong way, and I have to understand it. That, and yeah I would put the survival of the human race above crimes against humanity, but that's a kind of moral gray area to me. So I'm curious how the show handles it. Is there any animosity between the Axis, and Allied characters, or are they all just best buddies?

P.S. Before anyone says it, yes I know curiosity killed the cat...

I only watched the first 2 episodes, but they dealt with the new girl (Japanese healer) joining the group, so nothing about the Axis and allies yet... although the Italian chick and the American chick seem to be best buddies...
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mara Fri 18 Jul 2008 - 9:28

Good Nazi's?.....well....Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series is another example of this.

mara

Female

Forum Posts : 42

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl

Original Characters : working on it

Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jul 2008 - 13:01

Now this got me wondering...

...is there ANY hints or even the flag of Nazi Germany waving in the Anime?

If there is, I wonder if it was censored...

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sat 19 Jul 2008 - 13:45

well, it's all over the place in at least one promo...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jul 2008 - 14:06

Wow...

Now it SHOULD be banned. I thought America doesn't like to see Nazi flags waving around...?

and now I wonder...how strong are those girls to carry GPMG and AT-Rifles with relative ease.

Damn, I'd watch if all the neko-mimis were taken off and the girls were wearing PANTS!

How come there's no Me262? Hell, props were outclassed by jet-engines!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Sat 19 Jul 2008 - 15:02

I think all of the U.S. has gotten to the point where the Swastika can be used depending on the context...

Racist? Fuck you, don't let me see that.

Historian? Oh, cool, they used to be symbols for peace? The more you know...

Obviously this show isn't historically accurate ('cept for maybe the names and each's country's flags... which is probably why they used the Nazi flag), but it's just a cartoon, and there are much worse out there.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sat 19 Jul 2008 - 15:17

Sintendo wrote:I think all of the U.S. has gotten to the point where the Swastika can be used depending on the context...

Racist? Fuck you, don't let me see that.

Historian? Oh, cool, they used to be symbols for peace? The more you know...

Obviously this show isn't historically accurate ('cept for maybe the names and each's country's flags... which is probably why they used the Nazi flag), but it's just a cartoon, and there are much worse out there.
quoted for truth.
...that pretty much summed up my feelings about the whole thing. I'm not one to be offended by symbolism, only actions.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jul 2008 - 15:34

quoted for truth.
...that pretty much summed up my feelings about the whole thing. I'm not one to be offended by symbolism, only actions.

Yep, yep^^

Still I wonder why video games these days involving Nazis replace the Swastikas with an Iron Cross...*sigh*

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sat 19 Jul 2008 - 15:42

it would certainly be illegal to show it in Germany,all Nazi symbols and salutes are illegal there,mind you i think they may be relaxing the rules slightly as the BBC comedy, Allo Allo ,is now being shown there on sattelite tv
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Sat 19 Jul 2008 - 16:33

Awinnell wrote:it would certainly be illegal to show it in Germany,all Nazi symbols and salutes are illegal there,mind you i think they may be relaxing the rules slightly as the BBC comedy, Allo Allo ,is now being shown there on sattelite tv

I know what you are saying Awinnell, and I have an explanation for this.

Indeed, anything that has to do with the bad times, like Nazi stuff is pretty much banned.
the one reason why Allo Allo is being shown, is because it is something that Is not meant seriously. Allo Allo basically takes a piss at the second world war. which makes all the salutes and Nazi signs OK. Because it is over clouded with humor.

Were it serious though, I guess It would be different.

As for fascist related stuff in Anime and Mange... Well, the German government doesn't really take it serious, I mean, they got plenty of comic books that are themed in the 2nd World War. (none of them put the Germans in the spot light though.) so it would get slotted into the same box as Allo Allo easily.

So far I suspect that Germany doesn't allow there history to be shown with a serious attitude.

If the said material takes a piss at it, or just uses some things from that, there is no problem. As long as it doesn't put Germany in the spot light, they are OK with it.
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jul 2008 - 17:06

it would certainly be illegal to show it in Germany,all Nazi symbols and salutes are illegal there,mind you i think they may be relaxing the rules slightly as the BBC comedy, Allo Allo ,is now being shown there on sattelite tv

I guess slowly Germany is going to the light now...

speaking of which, did I catch this right on the news? North Korea is joining A.S.E.A.N.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Sat 19 Jul 2008 - 18:05

This video is so awesome...

*Nico video, so if you don't have an account... you'll have to make one... it's free.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Thu 24 Jul 2008 - 12:12

How exactly does one register to a site, when you don't understand what any of the links say?
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 24 Jul 2008 - 20:19

I got this far, but beyond that...
*shrug*
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Fri 25 Jul 2008 - 6:02

Try babelfish Razz
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum