Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epic Gaming Moments.

+4
rusty-spring
Sintendo
Whatface
sasahara17
8 posters

Go down

Epic Gaming Moments. Empty Epic Gaming Moments.

Post by sasahara17 Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 8:12

A small chat between nacht, Whatface and Myself over counterstrike resulted in us talking about our epic momenbts in online/LAN gaming. It was pure awesome. Lets share stores!

--

Counter Strike

--

It was about six ago... in a CS session with six-eight of my buddies (hey, I have failing memory).

I was Terror in De Dust.
I was the noob. With the bomb.

my buddies were all like 'stay here. we'll clear a path for you.'

--

'bout a minute later, they were all dead.

--

My best friend (sitting next to me) offered to take over since he thought 'crap, it's all over'.

But here I was. "Nah, I can take-em.'

--

Him - 'Your name is Bullet Magnet'.
Me - 'uh yeah.'
Him - '... okay guys, what's the plan for the NEXT round?'

--

So there I was, lil IMI Galil and all (cuase I couln't afford anything bigger) creeping up to the entire CT team waiting around the bomb sites...

Well, seeing as how I was a newb and didn't have backup, so my chances of winning were in decimal percentages, I decided to announce across the room to the CTs I was going in.

Must have been rather gracious of me I suppose (This was to put them all in one place see).

---

Then as usual, I had beginners luck.

Man did we (the Terror Team) laugh.

---

Warcraft 3

---

You know the night elf buildings can fight right?

I once tried rushing someone with them

4 v 4 game. I was a noob then too.

It worked against the Night Elf player. Killed his hero (demon hunter pfft!), his entire army (who builds that many archers?), and set him back for about fifteen mins.

So flush with victory (and neglecting to finish the job) I took my massive ancient army...

And charged the Orc player.

Or more specifically, his Orc Shaman.

Unlike me, he knows what an opening is when he sees one. I died moments later... but not before torching his mining operation. Too busy rampaging over my base to notice the big two headed winged beats over his mine I suppose.

We had a laugh about it later, but... man was I stupid.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Epic Gaming Moments. Empty Re: Epic Gaming Moments.

Post by Whatface Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 9:10

Hmm.. might as well post this one up since it was part of the conversation. Its about how I nearly got owned due to my overconfinence Razz . Well, sort of.

Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour

It's is an RTS (Real Time Stratagy) btw.
In Zero Hour, there are different factions with their own strengths and weaknesses.
It was a 2v2 with my buddies. (Two of us were pros, so we both teamed up with a newbie to even it out)

The pro on the other team chose China Tank (Good with tanks obviously).

I chose USA Airforce. (Kick ass airforce).

I was teamed up with an "ok" guy. He was alright, but not too good. He chose GLA Toxin (Good against infantry).

The noob on the other team chose China Infantry. Infantry from this particular faction PWN air units (They got miniguns). But I didnt worry about it too much since it was his first time playing. Besides, I was teamed up with a Toxin guy.

As soon as the game starts, I begin bombing the crap out of China Tank. The guy's a pro, so obviously I gotta take him out first. Meanwhile, I fly an air unit over to the Infantry base. The noob was still building powerplants! I could have wiped him out right there. But I decided against it, it was his first time playing after all. Man, I would regret that...

My Toxin ally builds two superweapons. Great, until he gets tank rushed... I could have helped him, but I was too focused on bombing the Tank base.

I manage to totally destory the China Tank's base. Unforunatly, he had also just captured my ally's entire base, including the two superweapons! My ally was defeated, though the Tank guy was still crippled and didn't pose much of a threat. I then realised I haven't checked on the Infantry guy for a while, so I sent a unit over to his base to check it out. I shit my pants at what I saw.

He had a whole damn wave of minigunners headed right for my base. My Raptors & Comanches dropped like flies...
They basically walked right past my defenses into my base. I had a whole wall of missile defences around my base, but they werent effective against infantry units.

My first reaction was to build snipers, but unfortunately they required "General Points". You are given a
certain amount of these to spend on special powers (carpet bombing) or special units (snipers). I thought I had used them all up, so I resorted to other measures such as running them over with Humvees.

Alot of my stuff got blown up and I just barely survived. He had already had another wave of infantry headed right towards my base. But then I looked over and saw that I still had one General Point left!! Damn, I thought I had used them all. I immediately unlocked the sniper and started spamming them. Put a whole friggin wall of them around my base.

I recovered and eventually I ripped the Infantry base apart with Carpet bombers, Fuel air bombs and Spector Gunships. His and his other teammate were crippled but still alive and kicking. I could have defeated them, but in the end, we decided to call it a tie. The game had dragged on for 2 damn hours. My friend that had been defeated early on had been waiting the whole time Razz

It was a fun game. Man, next time I'm sure as hell not going to hesitate in wiping out "noobs" early.
Whatface
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 880

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 11:08

Warhawk

Warhawk is your run-of-the-mill deathmatch game, but with a focus on a game type called "Zones" where you capture territory and try to hold it for as long as possible to rack up points before time runs out. Also it has extremely large maps (Takes about 3 minutes to get from one end to the other on a Vehicle, and 8 or so on Foot). But it's main draw is the Warhawk, a VTOL jet fighter.

Anyways, I'm not good as a Warhawk pilot, so I almost always stick to the ground. During the beginning of a 8 vs. 8 clan match, I took it upon myself to slow down the enemy camp by delaying them for a while... by filling a 4x4 with land mines and driving toward the enemy home base.

I did so, killed 7 of their 8, and caused everyone else on my team to capture every single territory on the map.

Monster Hunter

I think LoC and I had a conversation about this game a few months back, but if you missed out, Monster Hunter is a game where you hunt monsters for a living... Awesome!

The basic premise of the game is "Kill things and make equipment out of their carcasses to kill bigger things."

With a maximum party of 4 players, it's still challenging to bring down a common wyvern. Each mission takes 50 minutes, and you have a limited amount of items to carry, as well as the number of deaths or "Faints" you can take before game over (3 strikes and you're out)

Anyways, one of the last mission in the game is called "4 horns" where you have to kill a pair of Wyverns called "Diablos" (See what they did there?). Not only are they difficult to kill (Takes about 30 minutes of hitting and chasing to kill ONE of them), but it also takes place in the desert, where the heat can sap your health away unless you have drinks to prevent that from happening (You can only carry 3, with each lasting about 11 minutes).

To cut it short, my friends and I were working on the last Diablos. However, we ran out of drinks, so all of our health were being sapped away, we were running out of potions, and two of my friend already fainted. I was playing as a gunner (who has to use items to make ammo) so I was taking the biggest hit. So when the 5 minute warning came up, we were all about ready to give up. I said, "Fuck it, might as well try." And, from across the desert, I fire one of the most powerful ammo in the game at the charging Diablos.... and completely miss it.

However, the ammo (Called Cluster 2), is time delayed. Usually, it's supposed to hit the target and then explode. However, my shot hit the ground and exploded right when the Diablos ran over it.

It died, and we won.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Forum Posts : 618

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 11:41

Can't recall any "epic" moments, but lately I've been playing lots of COD4 and Battlefield: Bad Company.

The moment of COD4 is during a deathmatch game on the map "Downpour." I was tearing up the game, the score being about 115 to 20. My second to last kill I toss a grenade at a guy in a "holycrapwtf!" twitch response. The grenade impact kills him, not the explosion. Laughing

That remains to this day the greatest game of COD4 I've ever played. I had 25 kills and only 1 death.

Secondly in Battlefield: Bad Company, it's not so much epic, but I certainly felt like Tom Beringer from "Sniper." While playing Assault/Defend I was on the attacking team, hanging back behind the rest of the squad giving sniper fire. I set up in a group of small bushes near some palm trees and just went to town. Had about 15 sniper kills and three tank kills using the laser designator.

Then some tank pilot got lucky and blew my ass back to ancient Rome. Haven't had that much fun in as a sniper in a long time.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 13:24

Unreal Tournament (original):

So I'm in the computer lab at computer camp during free time. [yes computer camp! There I claim the summit of Mt. Nerd!] Basically we would all play UT, and counter strike till they told us to get out of the labs, and back to the dorm. We developed a taste for Opposing Towers, or some such. Basically it was two large towers on islands in space connected by two tiny little paths. It was a super lovely sniper CTF map. Well I happen to join the game my friend next to me is playing. My eyes boggle at the score. It's 53 flag captures to 0. I'm like WTF to my friend. Then he points it out, he and I are the only human players on blue team. There are about another 8, or so craptacular bots on our team. The red team of course is compiled of all humans. Turns out my friend joined at about capture 45-50, had been holding off the other team more or less single handily. Well I may not be the best player at camp, but I was respected.

With me on board we are now able to split our efforts between defense, and offense. As the weaker player my friend stays on D, with the bots. I rack up about 3-5 captures while the other other team stays scoreless. Then another friend joins. Now when it was just two of us, we where doing pretty damn well. Three though, was just slaughter. For the rest of the map they only made one capture. We made it all the way to 59 captures, and literally had the flag in our hands again, when the host ended the match. Very Happy Good times...

Dungeons, and Dragons:

Okay so let me set up the situation for you. We, the party, are comprised of a demonic looking philosopher/serial murderer, an insane goblin thief/ninja, a pyromaniac 'communist' revolutionary cleric, and a pious ranger/scout for the Church of Hieronous. [God of law, and good] Needless to say we get along like a bunch of old friends. [This last sentence is a total lie] Recently the Brotherhood of Hextor [God of law, and evil] has become top dog, and as such is more, or less running things in several of the major powers. So far we have:

1. Almost drowned when the ship was smashed against the rocks Escaped from a Hextorian prison ship we're on.
  2. Made it to shore, where we fought an evil wizard, and his undead minions.
  3. Robbed the bodies in a graveyard belonging to followers of some evil death god.
  4. Lost a fight with a Knight that is clearly a blood relation to the previously mentioned evil wizard.
As a result of that last one we are taken prisoners by the Knight. Did I mention he was the local lord, worshiped an evil death good, the bodies we robbed where mostly likely his relatives, and he put zombies in our cells to guard us? Anyway on the bright side the thief, and totally innocent/useless carpenter managed to escape.

So the Thief, being part Ninja, sneaks into the castle. Failing to find us, he then sneaks into the secret underground dugeon/deathgod temple/whatever under the nice nondenominational church in the middle of the castle. He finds us, and then is forced to duck into my cell to avoid being spotted by the guards. He doesn't rouse me from my slumber, or anger the zombie. He then leaves to find the parties stuff. Which goes like this:

• murdering 4-5 evil monks, some of whom are asleep, and taking their pocket change.
  • find parties stuff.
  • murdering 2-3 evil monks, some of whom are asleep, and taking their pocket change.
  • Discovering the guard post by throwing open it's door, thus revealing 5 armed, and awake guards.
Our escape is frantic, and chaotic. Lamp oil is found, and the Communist, who is also a pyromaniac, makes some lovely fires. We then make our way into the nondenominational church above the underground dungeon. While the Serial Murder, and I hold the door, the thief loots the alter. The Communist during this time sets the church on fire. We run up the walls where the Communist gives a rousing speech to the guards below us. The thief diligently attaches a rope to repel down the wall with. While I'm content to shove a guard over the wall. The thief goes over the wall, and his rope gives causing him to fall to the ground. He lands prone next to the now angry guard who has just gotten up. I land on the guard after jumping off the wall, knocking him unconscious. The human Communist, lands on the relatively tiny goblin thief. We escape happily into the night. Over the next couple days, and one fight we manage to loss the very upset Evil Knight. In the process I steal his horses, and more fire is made.

Next we broke into a Hextorian prision to free the political prisoners inside. That, and steal the massive amount of taxes stored there. We've gotten really good at handling prisons. I doubt there is one that can hold us. Very Happy

I have some other stories that I might share, but that's more then enough for now.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 17:50

Wil wrote:We developed a taste for Opposing Towers, or some such. Basically it was two large towers on islands in space connected by two tiny little paths.
it's called "Facing Worlds"... and is affectionately nicknamed "face" by lazy typists (such as myself)...

WHO'S THE NERD NAO!?
Unreal Tournament, running the Tactical Ops 2.2 mod (basically a ripoff of counterstrike, only running under the Unreal engine, and thus utilizing much less frustrating physics):
So anyway, I have a friend who is about as good as me at FPSes... and at times he gets off incredibly lucky/skilled/million to one -shots. At one point, he managed to land an M203 grenade at my brother's feet from across a map called 'Scope' (another 'sniper's wonderland' map, with a few buildings, hills, and water towers for cover) just as he was being lined up in the sights of my bro's PH-85. I have no idea how he guessed that perfect lobbing angle... he claims it "just felt right" (incidentally, it was closer to straight up {90 degrees} than straight forward... I would guess about 70 degrees)
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 19:13

Sintendo wrote:Monster Hunter
Double Diablos, and the idiot just so happens to charge over your last shot. Geez, what are the odds? One thing confuses me; which version of MH was this? I thought you could carry more Cool Drinks than 3 (or were you just not being very prudent)?

Wileama wrote:Unreal Tournament (original)
Pretty Good Wil! Where is this computer camp again? Maybe next time I'm in the U.S. I'll try looking it up.

Wileama wrote:Dungeons, and Dragons
And I'll try looking up your gaming group as well. That is one wacky adventure you got there.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 19:39

sasahara17 wrote:
Sintendo wrote:Monster Hunter
Double Diablos, and the idiot just so happens to charge over your last shot. Geez, what are the odds? One thing confuses me; which version of MH was this? I thought you could carry more Cool Drinks than 3 (or were you just not being very prudent)?

Monster Hunter for the PS2, lol. In that version, each Diablos was a + Diablos (G-ranked in MHF and MHF2) at full strength. Not like the 4 horns in MHF2 where each Diablos is at 1/3 it's strength. And it's always been 3 drinks max for all the MH games.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 19:50

Sin wrote:And it's always been 3 drinks max for all the MH games.
*boots up MHF2 for a moment...*
nope... looks like they bumped it up a tad. I can carry 5 hot drinks and 5 cool drinks at once.
I still kinda want the old PS2 version... I really can't stand playing anything on a handheld system for more than an hour or so...
Unfortunately, most of my Monster Hunter Epic Gaming experiences have been me getting horribly and swiftly PWNED by a monster you could probably kill with basic twin daggers and no armor... I've never been any good at analog sticks. Give me a pressure sensitive D-pad any day...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 19:56

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

Mission 18+: 8492

This mission is a "cheap shot" of sorts as it pits you against eight enemy planes. Four YF-23's and four Su-47s to be exact. There's no chance to select which plane you fly before this mission because you're on your way back to base. Naturally the last mission was a ground support mission and I had chosen an air-to-ground configured F-14B "Bombcat."

(You can of course anticipate this mission in later playthroughs, but this is about the first time I had played through the game so I didn't know.)

So all me and my two wingmen have are shortrange Sidewinders and laser guided bombs. There's eight enemy planes, plus EWACs support that gives you radar ghosts, making each plane appear to be three (meaning you can very well be chasing absolutely nothing while the real plane is lighting you up.)

So as soon as the eight planes go hostile the Su-47s fire off long range missiles that I have to break right to avoid. A second later the eight fighters streak past me and my two wingmen and split off into an eight plane clusterf*ck. With all the radar ghosts the whole radar is filled with red blips. You can either chose to fight and shoot down each bogey, or you can run for the mission zone exit.

Using guns and the sidewinders are a lost cause due the fact that the time it takes for you to finally tail a bandit for a shot, three of his buddies have come up behind you and shot you down. So the only choice is to run for it. (The F-14B is like a walrus compared to the 23's and 47's).

Missile lock warnings are blaring non-stop and I decide to take a lesson from Maverick by hitting the afterburners and diving towards the deck. At about 500 feet I pull up and break left, just barely missing a mountain. My controller shakes from the near misses as enemy missiles impact onto the mountain side and explode nearby sending my health into yellow. I've run out of room in the little valley I've dove into and have no choice but to pull up into a loop, which is rewarded by getting clipped by a gun burst, sending my health now into the red.

Still pulling into the loop I notice one of my wingmen fire a missile at one of the trailing bandits, causing him to peel off, slightly reducing the amount of warning tones sounding off into the cockpit. I finish the climb and now at about 2000 feet am back into the middle of the massive dogfight. It takes about two seconds for a Su-47 to single me out again and fires another missile, which I avoid by rolling over into a shallow dive. By a stroke of luck I manage to cross in front of Archer, one of my wingmen, as she's firing her guns at another enemy plane. Glancing towards the back of the cockpit, I see the bandit chasing me take a direct hit as it flies into her line of fire and goes down in a fireball, causing the lock tones to cease temporarily.

I decide to take the opportunity and push the plane as fast as it will go, once again dipping into the mountains while weaving and bobbing to avoid being hit. The enemy follows and continues to fire missiles at me, but by climbing and dropping over mountain peaks (with liberal left and right breaks) causes them to either streak past or slam into the rocks.

To end a long story, I manage to exit the area with my wingmen in a horribly damaged plane. The killscore at the end of the mission indicates there was only one enemy shot down, the one Archer managed to gun down in a stroke of luck.

The cinematic replay of the mission was worthy of Hollywood.

Of course now I can fly into the mission using an F-22 or a Su-35 and mop up rather nicely, but that first time was a doozy.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 21:57

LoC978 wrote:
Sin wrote:And it's always been 3 drinks max for all the MH games.
*boots up MHF2 for a moment...*
nope... looks like they bumped it up a tad. I can carry 5 hot drinks and 5 cool drinks at once.
I still kinda want the old PS2 version... I really can't stand playing anything on a handheld system for more than an hour or so...
Unfortunately, most of my Monster Hunter Epic Gaming experiences have been me getting horribly and swiftly PWNED by a monster you could probably kill with basic twin daggers and no armor... I've never been any good at analog sticks. Give me a pressure sensitive D-pad any day...

*Panics*

Uh... uh... I never said "Monster Hunter Freedom"... Har har! High Five

Lol, yeah, the first MH game was one brutal ass raping after another, especially is you didn't have good equipment. Too bad Crapcom shut down the servers a while back...

Hopefully they don't release MH 3 for the Wii, but for the PS3, 360, or even the PC instead... Fuck the Wii and it's damn wagglin' controls...
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 23:17

Sintendo wrote: Fuck the Wii and it's damn wagglin' controls...

Dat's right mon!

BTW, if anyone else is playing Metal Gear Solid 4 Online, feel free to drop me a message.

PSN - EastWay
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 23:26

rusty-spring wrote:
Sintendo wrote: Fuck the Wii and it's damn wagglin' controls...

Dat's right mon!

BTW, if anyone else is playing Metal Gear Solid 4 Online, feel free to drop me a line.

PSN - EastWay

Alright, I'll be online tonight!...

...Is what I would say if I had bought MGS4... but I leav for the Philippines this Sunday, so it would be pretty much worthless.

3 weeks from now, though, and I'll have the game in my hands.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 23:57

I've just started MGS4, but already it has lots of fun little things. Like the virtual range, where I get to test any weapons I've aquired in the game in a simulation.

It even gives you stats like how long the bullet took to reach the target and at how much "damage" you did. A headshot being 1000, a torso shot around 500 for example.

Something about shooting virtual virtual human analogs is deeply gratifying.

EDIT: Even a "girls w/ tentacles" fake commercial about...hell if I know. Puzzled Razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2008 - 10:54

I can't recall epic gaming moments at all....

Mostly, they last awhile before eventually disappear out of my head the next time.

But of course, I could *try* to recall some

Battlefield 2

So, I was playing with my good buddy and three other in a map which...I don't know, I think its Kubra Dam or something; one of the Middle East map. So anyways, I always pick the medic or the sniper most often since I have a good upgrade on them while my good buddy picked the SF. The rest of us usually go for either Assault, Engineer, Anti-Tank, or Support class.

So, there's this one time where Ono-san (my best buddy) grab a hold of a gunship. Oh, we just hate those guys who wants the gunship all for themselves and their friend who would GLADLY kill their own team just for the chopper. So he was in the gunner's seat, while this guy was on the pilot and is constantly telling him to bail out. He didn't, so instead he flew the chopper and purposely kill himself.
The next minute Ono-san spawns, he's very much unpleased. So he planted C4s (4 of em) on the chopper and hops in. Again, the same guy forced him to bail--so he did. His friend hop in and they fly up up and away before eventually...

boom!

There's also this one time when I use the Barrett Anti-Armor Sniper Rifle in a ChinaxUS map. There's this Chinese Tiger Gunship mowing down infantry and tanks with little mercy and little threat flying at the cliffs. I just return as a sniper when this chopper spotted me running in the tall grass. So he fired, but I ducked AND I survived. I'm just lucky at the time since when I go prone and put up my scope, I happen to have the crosshair on the pilot's head. I shot him, and he's dead--so there's no pilot. I lold hard when I saw the gunner struggling to keep his aim and hearing complaints from the other side of the PC about his friend not being able to fly the chopper. Two birds with one stone.

Then there's this other time with the same rifle in a water-based map between USxMEC. I'm part of the US and basically this gunship has been causing havoc and was eventually driven away--ravaged--by an APC. Its still flying with smokes around. I don't know HOW it happened, but I just stole a kill of someone WITH an Anti-Armor sniper rifle. Again I drop down in an attempt to humor myself and fire the rifle at the retreating chopper. The chopper explodes seconds later and I was awarded with 2 kills...

There's also this one time as a sniper I sniped the same guy for over 15 times until he eventually gives up. I camp in this bush-like tree line with an L96A1 sniper and constantly snipe this guy who tries to snipe me back but couldn't find me. I lol'd when he decided to stab me in the back but ended tripping my claymore--and I was waaay far from where I planted the thing.

There was a time when I play a medic in an attempt to revive my friend but instead killed 5 guys with the shocker when they try to gut me--funny how they decide to have their sights on me the next time they return.

Company of Heroes

This is played using my custom mod. My friend set up 4 halftracks and converted them into Stuka zu Fuss mobile artillery. A friend of mine was a newbie in the game and he sent waves of infantry and AT guns. I still can remember his face when the Stuka zu Fuss rain down rocket artillery and wiped out almost 30 people out of his pop-cap.

There was also this time when he saw a goliath in the bridge. He sent a sherman to take care of it and lost it instead after he blew the thing out the ground--the Sherman collapse with the bridge.

There was also the time when he use the Paratrooper reinforcement but got the plane shot-down in the middle of the way and lost all of its paratroopers--another is when he dropped the Paras right into a group of Pumas which I haven't upgraded yet. Man, they fell down like flies.

Oh! I accidentally dropped a V1 to a friendly base once when I actually wanted to call the Tiger Ace to support my friend.

....I think that's all I can remember...

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sun 15 Jun 2008 - 23:36

Whatface wrote:Hmm.. might as well post this one up since it was part of the conversation. Its about how I nearly got owned due to my overconfinence Razz . Well, sort of.

Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour

It's is an RTS (Real Time Stratagy) btw.
In Zero Hour, there are different factions with their own strengths and weaknesses.
It was a 2v2 with my buddies. (Two of us were pros, so we both teamed up with a newbie to even it out)

The pro on the other team chose China Tank (Good with tanks obviously).

I chose USA Airforce. (Kick ass airforce).

I was teamed up with an "ok" guy. He was alright, but not too good. He chose GLA Toxin (Good against infantry).

The noob on the other team chose China Infantry. Infantry from this particular faction PWN air units (They got miniguns). But I didnt worry about it too much since it was his first time playing. Besides, I was teamed up with a Toxin guy.

As soon as the game starts, I begin bombing the crap out of China Tank. The guy's a pro, so obviously I gotta take him out first. Meanwhile, I fly an air unit over to the Infantry base. The noob was still building powerplants! I could have wiped him out right there. But I decided against it, it was his first time playing after all. Man, I would regret that...

My Toxin ally builds two superweapons. Great, until he gets tank rushed... I could have helped him, but I was too focused on bombing the Tank base.

I manage to totally destory the China Tank's base. Unforunatly, he had also just captured my ally's entire base, including the two superweapons! My ally was defeated, though the Tank guy was still crippled and didn't pose much of a threat. I then realised I haven't checked on the Infantry guy for a while, so I sent a unit over to his base to check it out. I shit my pants at what I saw.

He had a whole damn wave of minigunners headed right for my base. My Raptors & Comanches dropped like flies...
They basically walked right past my defenses into my base. I had a whole wall of missile defences around my base, but they werent effective against infantry units.

My first reaction was to build snipers, but unfortunately they required "General Points". You are given a
certain amount of these to spend on special powers (carpet bombing) or special units (snipers). I thought I had used them all up, so I resorted to other measures such as running them over with Humvees.

Alot of my stuff got blown up and I just barely survived. He had already had another wave of infantry headed right towards my base. But then I looked over and saw that I still had one General Point left!! Damn, I thought I had used them all. I immediately unlocked the sniper and started spamming them. Put a whole friggin wall of them around my base.

I recovered and eventually I ripped the Infantry base apart with Carpet bombers, Fuel air bombs and Spector Gunships. His and his other teammate were crippled but still alive and kicking. I could have defeated them, but in the end, we decided to call it a tie. The game had dragged on for 2 damn hours. My friend that had been defeated early on had been waiting the whole time Razz

It was a fun game. Man, next time I'm sure as hell not going to hesitate in wiping out "noobs" early.

Lol that's why i make sure my defences are infantry, vehicle, aircraft and artillery proof.

My own C&C generals Zero Hour story

We were a group of eight teamed into 4 teams. i was using China's nuke general (my specialty) and my allie was USA superweapon general (she can use air crafts that are untouchable when flying into the enemie's base, and build particle cannons faster, and her base defences can paralize vehicles). We both specialized in base defense then taking enemies out with aircrafts and weapons of mass destruction. + with a certain upgrade from one of my weapons (it can take out the pilot of the builder unit and allow other's to use it) we were able to share technologies. anyway, everyone else eventually realized that we were the main threat and so ganged up on us. We had the fight of our lives as our defences were tested to the limits, taking out air and ground units almost simultaneously. Eventually i gathered up an army of 12 overlords (similar to the mamoth tank, a large tank with two cannons) and 10 smaller tanks and went to reak havock. but shortly after they left my base we were met up by 30 emperor overlords from my enemy who was using the chinese tank general. (emperor overlords are bigger than overlords) what's worst, as the two tank divisions neared each other the network cafe had a black out... the computer towers had back up power sources but all the monitors went black! for about 3 minutes me and my oponent were treated with the sounds of tanks blowing up. but having no idea who was winning. low and behold when the smoke cleared (when the monitors turned back on) i had 6 overlords left and my oponent was wiped out!! we eventually finished of the rest of the oposition and claimed victory. when we watched the recording later on, it turned out that i had the higher ground and as my tanks oppened fire on the enemy, they were still struggling to get to my level Laughing

Counter strike moment

We were playing on CS_deathmatch, when suddenly we were challenged by a bunch of uperclass men to a 5 on 5, i was still a noob so i did not want to take the challenge, but my friends who have been playing for a while said they'll assist me. so when i was struggling on the buy mode (i had no idea wat to do). my teammates went forward and... got pwned! as soon as i chose a gun a P-90, i looked for my teammates but then they were gone... Everyone was telling me to negotiate a surrender or commit suicide via handgrenade but i decided to give it a try. it was then that i realized that by looking for my teammates i passed some secret passage that got me standing behind my enemies! and since they were just standing there waiting for me to come out on the other side, i took em all out!

PS the secret passge can be accessed by going to the 2nd floor of the garrison (not the tower) and going to either ur left or right, ul find ur self standing on the border and capable of walking it to the other side.
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Mon 16 Jun 2008 - 0:14

Panzer IV wrote:
Battlefield 2
Its still flying with smokes around. I don't know HOW it happened, but I just stole a kill of someone WITH an Anti-Armor sniper rifle. Again I drop down in an attempt to humor myself and fire the rifle at the retreating chopper. The chopper explodes seconds later and I was awarded with 2 kills...
That happens alot in Battlefield. Everyone sprays at smoking choppers, since they are so easy to kill.

West Nile wrote:We were a group of eight teamed into 4 teams.
8 ppl? Damn, I wish I could get that many people to play. Everytime we organise to go2 an internet cafe some always ends up not coming...

West Nile wrote:i was using China's nuke general (my specialty) and my allie was USA superweapon general (she can use air crafts that are untouchable when flying into the enemie's base, and build particle cannons faster, and her base defences can paralize vehicles).
Sorta reminds me of a 1v1 with a friend (2v2 really, but the other two hardly did anything). We all chose Random factions. I ended with with China Nuke and my friend ended up with USA Superweapon.

I spammed like heaps of nuke migs at him rofl. Lucky, I did, cause he had 4 Aurora bombers waiting. My migs blew that airfield to hell (must've really pissed him off seeing all those unused bombers destroyed). You would think it would be suicidal against his EMP defenses but I was waaayy too used to using airforce. Besides, I bombed the crap out of his powerplants; so his defences kept on going on and offline.
In the end, each of us had like about a dozen superweapons. The Particle cannon recharges faster, but I kept on nuking his powersupply, rendering them useless. He was pretty good though, surviving all those nukes. Man he must've rebuilt his Command Center like what... 4 times?

I won of course Razz
Whatface
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 880

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Mon 16 Jun 2008 - 5:27

Whatface wrote:
West Nile wrote:We were a group of eight teamed into 4 teams.
8 ppl? Damn, I wish I could get that many people to play. Everytime we organise to go2 an internet cafe some always ends up not coming...
Taht's because Internet cafe gaming is very common here

Whatface wrote:
West Nile wrote:i was using China's nuke general (my specialty) and my allie was USA superweapon general (she can use air crafts that are untouchable when flying into the enemie's base, and build particle cannons faster, and her base defences can paralize vehicles).
Sorta reminds me of a 1v1 with a friend (2v2 really, but the other two hardly did anything). We all chose Random factions. I ended with with China Nuke and my friend ended up with USA Superweapon.

I spammed like heaps of nuke migs at him rofl. Lucky, I did, cause he had 4 Aurora bombers waiting. My migs blew that airfield to hell (must've really pissed him off seeing all those unused bombers destroyed). You would think it would be suicidal against his EMP defenses but I was waaayy too used to using airforce. Besides, I bombed the crap out of his powerplants; so his defences kept on going on and offline.
In the end, each of us had like about a dozen superweapons. The Particle cannon recharges faster, but I kept on nuking his powersupply, rendering them useless. He was pretty good though, surviving all those nukes. Man he must've rebuilt his Command Center like what... 4 times?

I won of course Razz

dude u should try mixing both of them! totally bad ass, Emp patriots paralyze d tanks den d bunkers blow em up. don't get me started with compining migs and Auroras and using nukes and particle cannons!
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 16 Jun 2008 - 23:38

sasahara17 wrote:And I'll try looking up your gaming group as well. That is one wacky adventure you got there.
Yeah I loved gaming with those guys. Unfortunately after high school we kind of scattered to the four corners of the US. We've tried to keep that game going on the internet, but it's kind of dead at the moment. Sad, but that's life.

LoC978 wrote:It's called "Facing Worlds"
Oh yeah that was it's name. Man I think I still remember all the tricks to that map. Hiding behind the flames was I think the most awesome tactic though. It only really worked against people who hadn't seen it before, but they where always slow to catch on those ones.

LoC978 wrote:WHO'S THE NERD NAO!?
I'm sorry did I hurt babies feelings. A real nerd is secure in the knowledge he is a nerd, he has no need to prove it by whipping out his proverbial nerd wang. Speaking of Wangs, that reminds me of another story.

I had just arrived at college, my stuff barely unpacked. Through my open door I heard a call that drew my attention. The menu screen of Halo one. I popped into the room, and asked my neighbor if I could play. He allowed me, and I created a profile on Halo to play under. He echoed out the words I had entered into the scree, "Wang Mage, hu?"

"Yeah, that's me," I replied. A short while later another neighbor joined us, and the owner of the room introduced himself. Then pointing to me he introduced me as Wang Mage. Little did I know what had just happened. Others entered the room, and they too meet me as Wang Mage. Four months later one of my better friends in the dorm asked me, "Ahh Wang, what is your real name?" I on one occasion introduced myself by this alternate title, instead of my proper name, as I intended. If I had stayed in college I can only imagine what it would have been like to hold onto that nickname. \\Sigh

Anyway this next tale is not mine. However I remembered it, and decided that it was just to awesome to not share. So with out further adui, "The Magic Nade Theory"
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 23:00

Nerd?

Here's an example of a nerd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw

Back to top Go down

Post by mara Fri 20 Jun 2008 - 8:22

......running out from the corner of your tower in "Facing Worlds" and getting shot in the head 7 times in a row....... :crying:

mara

Female

Forum Posts : 42

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl

Original Characters : working on it

Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 20 Jun 2008 - 18:59

Was playing Metal Gear Online the other night and me and this other guy were menacing the other team.

He would use the CQC skill to choke hold them, then I'd plant an SVD round in their forehead. My favorite strategy in the game so far.

Nothing more evil/fun than seeing your buddy holding the enemy around the neck struggling, then putting him out of his misery from 300 ft. away between the eyes. snipe
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 20 Jun 2008 - 19:38

mara wrote:......running out from the corner of your tower in "Facing Worlds" and getting shot in the head 7 times in a row....... :crying:
That's what the translocator is for. You can scale the back of the building, or use it to help zig zag your way into the tower. That, and it makes for the best kills ever. Very Happy
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum