Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glory to the Brave III

5 posters

Go down

Glory to the Brave III Empty Glory to the Brave III

Post by Nachtsider Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 18:41

Another case - more controversial than the other two, but one I consider a tremendous act of heroism nonetheless.

The Associated Press wrote:Wed Apr 2, 12:40 PM ET

HYATTSVILLE, Md. - A 12-year-old boy fatally slashed a man who was attacking his mother at the boarding house where they lived, authorities said.

Salomon Noubissie, 64, died at a hospital after he was slashed across the neck Monday night in the home in the Landover area.

Cpl. Diane Richardson, a spokeswoman for Prince George's County police, said Wednesday that authorities hadn't decided whether the boy would be charged with anything. They were reviewing the case with the state's attorney's office.

The boy said he had been playing a video game Monday night when he heard his mother, Cheryl Stamp, scream. He found her on the kitchen floor, straddled by a fellow resident who was choking her.

"I kept saying, 'Stop! Stop! Stop!'" the boy told The Washington Post, which published his account without giving his name. "But he just ignored me. He didn't stop. He just kept hurting her."

The boy said he took a knife and swung at the man. Police say they found Noubissie with a knife wound to the upper body.

Stamp said she didn't fully realize at first what her son had done. "He didn't say anything," she said. "But I knew when I looked in his eyes. I said, 'Oh, Lord.' "

Rarely is a 12-year-old implicated in a homicide, and even less often does a child that age kill someone to protect his mother.

"In Maryland, there can be a legitimate defense of third parties in the event of a violent attack," State's Attorney Glenn F. Ivey told the newspaper. "That is a possibility in this case."

Stamp said she and Noubissie, a Cameroonian immigrant, had moved into the boarding house within days of each other three months ago and had become friends. Stamp said Noubissie had told her he was studying to be a psychiatrist.

But on Monday night, she said, he was acting differently. He started to yell at her and grab her hair.
"He threw me down and started choking me. I think that's when my son came in. ... He protected me," she said.

Noubissie was combative with officers when they arrived, even as he was bleeding heavily, she said.

The boy said he was not happy with what happened but felt he had no choice.

"I told God that I had stabbed him because he was killing my mother. I know he understands, and I think he will keep us safe now."
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Glory to the Brave III Empty Re: Glory to the Brave III

Post by Sakura Thu 3 Apr 2008 - 0:50

Interesting you posted this up because I read it earlier today online. I thought it was very heroic of the boy to protect his mother in danger, but I think it's a shame the attacker ended up getting killed since the boy didn't mean for that to happen. I hope he doesn't get any charges filed against him.
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 3 Apr 2008 - 9:15

Encore! Encore!

That boy deserves an award--its an act of self defense, so I think its ok Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Utsurokuri Fri 4 Apr 2008 - 13:00

I hope he doesn't get any charges filed against him either.

12 is too young to get files charged against...I think?
Utsurokuri
Utsurokuri

Female

Forum Posts : 101

Fan of : -points to avatar-

Original Characters : TBA

Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 2:01

Utsurokuri wrote:12 is too young to get files charged against...I think?
I believe it depends on each state's law system. In recent news, some 3rd graders (8-10yr olds!) were being charged for attempting to knock out, hand-cuff, and stab (possibly even kill) their teacher. The reason? They were mad at the teacher for scolding a fellow student for standing on a chair. The state it happened in (Georgia) cannot bring adult criminal charges against them, however there is no age limit for children sent to the juvenile court. Here's a link to more info http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23905909/

In this boy's case, I feel he most likely will not get charged. If he does, there probably will be a huge protest. The boy already has enough to deal with knowing he killed someone accidently.
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 2:10

If they want someone to blame i know where they can find the perfect scape goat

Nachtsider wrote:
The boy said he had been playing a video game Monday night when he heard his mother, Cheryl Stamp, scream.

It's not the kid's fault it's Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto, Agent 47, Snake or Mortal Combat's fault

Nachtsider wrote:
The boy said he was not happy with what happened but felt he had no choice.

"I told God that I had stabbed him because he was killing my mother. I know he understands, and I think he will keep us safe now."

At least we know that he has no plan of doing that again... some kids could do it and say "cool" then become vigilantes for the rest of their lives.
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 2:24

Gawd not the video game excuse! bang head

I forgot who it was, but there was some idiot that goes on the news whenever there was a school shooting to preach the problem always lies with video games.
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 2:27

the kid sliced the guy's throat, there's a reason why most of the games i listed down were all revolving around the use of stealth, assassins or just plain gore (they all utilize throat slitting one way or another). you don't learn to slit a guy's throat from grade school

Im not saying that video games make people violent, heck i hate that reason. i just say that video games make kids proficient killers.

tell a kid who hasn't played video games to kill you with a gun and he'll probably point at you in the torso area. However, if that kid has played the right games, give him the gun and he'll aim for the head.
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 3:05

Could be video games, but then maybe by impulse/reflex or a mix of both. Sometimes when given a drastic situation the mind/body can do unimaginable things. Though I'd be curious to find out what games the boy was playing. Maybe he was playing Cooking Mama. Gotta chop with a knife there.
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 3:10

Our impulse is to hack the guy who is attacking our mom not slit his throat. on drastic situations the boy can acquire strenth to hit harder not knowledge to cut on the right places

hey cooking mama is dangerous... fryingpans makes a good blunt weapon
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Utsurokuri Sun 6 Apr 2008 - 15:05

what if he was playing something like brawl? o o?
Utsurokuri
Utsurokuri

Female

Forum Posts : 101

Fan of : -points to avatar-

Original Characters : TBA

Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Apr 2008 - 0:33

Laughing

Good thing he's not playing 'The Suffering' or 'Manhunt'--it'll end up worse!

OR playing CoD4 (the dad should have the gun; well, its an American family right?)

Heck if I was in that situation I'll draw my airsoft and aim right in his eyes :p

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Mon 7 Apr 2008 - 1:04

Panzer wrote:(the dad should have the gun; well, its an American family right?)
you'd be surprised... especially in a suburb in Maryland... guys like Sintendo, Boomer and myself are in the minority among Americans. Most consider owning a gun to be a dangerous indulgence.

...and the kid was better off with the knife than an airsoft gun. hell, I'd take a pickle fork over one for doin' any real damage.
or a frying pan, yeah.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 7 Apr 2008 - 1:05

Anybody who owns a frying pan owns death.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Mon 7 Apr 2008 - 1:18

Go Princess Peach! Very Happy
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum