Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day...

+4
ElfenMagix
Danjo3
West Nile
Nachtsider
8 posters

Go down

Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day... Empty Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day...

Post by Nachtsider Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 4:46

I often wonder what the girls' routines are like when they're not on missions - we know that they train regularly to keep their skills honed, but how about activities other than training? Any fellow wonderers?
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day... Empty Re: Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day...

Post by West Nile Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 4:49

always thought they'd do the stuff they do in our fanfics eg. baking, reading, painting, playing musical instruments, gardening, writing, taking pictures, having fun with their handlers... exclude that, they're also probably not messing with the internet or packing the SWA's phone bills.

Rico who really loves doing anything will probably be watching paint dry Laughing
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day... Empty Re: Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day...

Post by West Nile Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 4:53

Who ever can draw a picture of rico staring at a wall smiling intently will be my bestest friend forever!!
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 6:16

I always wondered if they were assigned certain domestic duties or (for the older girls) clerical work. Whether they are or not, I would think that during non work/training /study time, the Agency would try and keep them busy.

Now that I think about it, maybe after work/training /study, there is on down time.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 3:51

I'd agree on the "everything that (good) fanfiction has dreamed them doing" bit, with a bit of division into tasks--they'd have their down-time, where they can do whatever they'd like-- Rico can watch paint dry, 'Etta can beg Giuse to take her to see a movie he absolutely does not want to, Bíce can critique Bernardo's entire life, Ange can forget what book she's reading and panic (poor dear. XD I love her, honest! I wouldn't give her an RPG-7 all the time if I didn't...), and Triela can drag her handler away for an unspecified period of time that has lead the custodial staff to label one of the unused dormitory rooms as haunted. ...bad Xenomorph. Bad, bad, innuendo-making Xenomorph.

But, (on a more serious note) as I remember them saying once...some of the activities the girls do when they're not shooting, like Henrietta's violin-playing, is meant to improve their finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Sometimes, even when you're having fun, you're training! CURSE YOU, SECRET AGENCY! D:

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 10:56

Danjo3 wrote:I always wondered if they were assigned certain domestic duties or (for the older girls) clerical work. Whether they are or not, I would think that during non work/training /study time, the Agency would try and keep them busy.

Now that I think about it, maybe after work/training /study, there is on down time.
I have wondered about this. I mean, why teach the girls Math, Science and Language Arts if you are just going to warehouse them in solitude until the next mission? A cyborg's life is short, but how short? Turning them into functional citizens, I see this as a plus on their side if done right.

I think (and stated in my fanfict) that the girls have a bit more freedom than implied in the canon. With allowences and other gratutities, they probably go to hang out at the mall, dressed in school girl uniforms as to not raise suspicion.

Thus the other activities occur: school (weekdays), house keeping (weekends), radio/tv/internet, etc. In that the girls may not be able to go out alone on their own, but as a group of 3 or 4, I see that as a possibility. This would allow them to meet with their handlers outside of the compound when needed, a-la 'meet me by the gate...' rendevous, or at least being dropped off by the pizza van.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 11:31

I like Elfen's opinion the best. However, I also think that the girls would be taught whatever academic subjects that would be relevant to their job as black-ops soldiers - foreign languages, for one.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 14:31

... they're also keeping up appearances for the SWA as kids being rehabilitated, thus the normal education, yard work, movies, et cetera.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 15:09

Didn't read the whole thread, but going bakc to Elfen's post...

What Elfen said makes sense, and teh stuff we see in teh anime/manga supports it. I also thionk it makes sense to provide them with normal education in adition to the extra needed for their 'job'. First, to be able to pass of as normal girls and not attract attention they need to have the everage knowledge of a child their age. Second their minds are still highly undeeloped. Learning a whole gamma of subjects is a type of mental exercise that translates into being able to comprehend various categories of infomration more easily as well as a general increase in thinking speed/capacity. (In the real world you can get along fine without many of teh compulsory subjects at school, but - in my oppinion - without them you wouldn't have some important skills and the structures in teh brain that allow you to pick up related material more easily later in the future.)

There's my 3 cents. Razz

Back to top Go down

Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day... Empty opinion

Post by Angiegarde Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 18:13

Well, we know that they attend lectures that are their counterpart to school.

When they're not doing that though, It's always been my line of thought that the girls tend to engage in their various interests, hang out together or even both.

With some of the girls, they seem to even spend time with their handlers like Henrietta does with Jose.

We never see any of the girls engage in activities like watching TV, playing video/computer games, etc for some reason. Of course, that doesn't mean that they don't do these things.

In regards to why they attend school-like lectures, it's likely a mixture of "keeping up appearances" and having them learn things in order to become better educated so that they'll do better on missions.
Angiegarde
Angiegarde

Male

Forum Posts : 133

Fan of : anime

Original Characters : Clarissa

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 18:18

West Nile wrote:Who ever can draw a picture of rico staring at a wall smiling intently will be my bestest friend forever!!

I can do that for you!!!!!! Very Happy Weeee I take request!! ^o^ I'll try and start it tonight! ^__^
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 18:40

Well I just finished the sketch. Now I'm gonna ink it in and hopefully have it done by tomorrow. ^__^
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 18 Mar 2008 - 17:05

Angiegarde wrote:...We never see any of the girls engage in activities like watching TV, playing video/computer games, etc for some reason. Of course, that doesn't mean that they don't do these things.
According to the first season of the American English version of the Anime, when Claes said, "Enjoy your youth while it lasts...", Triela said, "You heard/got that from the tv..."

Least to say that in the American English version of the series, that they do see TV and do those other things.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 19 Mar 2008 - 2:19

ElfenMagix wrote:Least to say that in the American English version of the series, that they do see TV and do those other things.
Triela is also watching TV in vol.10.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Wed 19 Mar 2008 - 6:19

Electronics list:
Claes & Triela has a land line and a wireless

Claes has a walkman

Henrietta has her camerra

maybe TV is part of Claes' "assignment" they do make her watch movies
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 20 Mar 2008 - 10:25

I remember exploring such an incidence with Silent Sentinel.

Though I still believe it was Oddity's Gift that captured that aspect of the girls more fluidly.

Speaking of which, what happened to her. Is she still around?
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 20 Mar 2008 - 11:57

FHZSFYE/INGGXNWFRXQXYRFSNFXQSNFFHZEGNB[]XOFUFHS[]X/H
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 20 Mar 2008 - 19:54

Nachtsider wrote:FHZSFYE/INGGXNWFRXQXYRFSNFXQSNFFHZEGNB[]XOFUFHS[]X/H

Bad Day?

bang head
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 20 Mar 2008 - 20:01

Not really. Just trying to be oblique.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 20 Mar 2008 - 20:05

Ah, well played.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 20 Mar 2008 - 21:14

West Nile wrote:Electronics list:

Claes has a walkman

Apparently, Rico has a wall of wet paint to watch.
I think Claes wets it to keep her interested in something! :face:
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 20 Mar 2008 - 21:25

Careful, Elfen - that last sentence can be interpreted in many different ways...
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Fri 21 Mar 2008 - 2:28

ElfenMagix wrote:
West Nile wrote:Electronics list:

Claes has a walkman

Apparently, Rico has a wall of wet paint to watch.
I think Claes wets it to keep her interested in something! :face:

nah, if all the walls in the SWA are dried, Rico will find something else to do like...

watch:
grass grow
metal rust
toilets flush
or Jean throwing a fit
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 24 Mar 2008 - 19:28

West Nile wrote:

nah, if all the walls in the SWA are dried, Rico will find something else to do like...

watch:
or Jean throwing a fit
I'll pay $5 to see that last one!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 0:03

Wanna open the ticket booth again?
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 0:14

Come to think of it... Jean is rarely seen losing his cool. maybe he's emo and throws fits over the weirdest things then.

ex1
Jean: *looking at a jellybean jar* Why are there so many colors!!!
WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME!!!!
Jelly bean jar: ???

ex2.
Jean: LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 0:26

Chris Crocker isn't an emo - he's a fucking idiot.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 0:28

ya but it works for Jean that way lol
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down