Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Challenger!

+7
Alfisti
Lyndist
tremec6speed
PSVT
taerKitty
Thescarredman
Kirie
11 posters

Go down

A New Challenger! Empty A New Challenger!

Post by Kirie Sun 4 Mar 2018 - 16:15

Hello! My name’s Adam but I’m known as Kirie. I have been a Gunslinger Girl fan for years but there’s very few people I find who even know what it is. I hope to make a few friends on the forum!

A bit about myself, I play Tekken competitively (Eliza/Alisa/Chloe) and Dissidia NT competitively (Shantotto/Ramza), but also play a wide variety of games. I did get the Gunslinger Girl games but was unable to get past the tutorial LOL. I work in a hospital as a Cardiac Monitor Tech, and I collect plush dolls and a few figures. Nice to meet you all!
Kirie
Kirie

Male

Forum Posts : 10

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Kanna Nuno

Comments : No one ever told me about GG. I just happened to watch the anime on Netflix, and thought the first season was deep and thoughtful, then watched the second season, and minus Triela vs Pino, thought it was not nearly as good.
So I read the manga, and it has been the best manga and one of the best books in general I’ve ever read.

Registration date : 2018-03-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

A New Challenger! Empty Re: A New Challenger!

Post by Thescarredman Sun 4 Mar 2018 - 19:57

A New Challenger! Funny-10
Hi there!
Glad to have you aboard. Don't know of anyone here who plays those games, but I'll bet you'll find someone I don't know.
Do you write for entertainment, by chance?
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirie Sun 4 Mar 2018 - 22:08

I actually am currently writing a novel that has a little inspiration from GG, though it’s more based on the old US MKUltra project. Why?
Kirie
Kirie

Male

Comments : No one ever told me about GG. I just happened to watch the anime on Netflix, and thought the first season was deep and thoughtful, then watched the second season, and minus Triela vs Pino, thought it was not nearly as good.
So I read the manga, and it has been the best manga and one of the best books in general I’ve ever read.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Mon 5 Mar 2018 - 0:29

Kirie wrote:Hello! My name’s Adam but I’m known as Kirie. I have been a Gunslinger Girl fan for years but there’s very few people I find who even know what it is. I hope to make a few friends on the forum!

A bit about myself, I play Tekken competitively (Eliza/Alisa/Chloe) and Dissidia NT competitively (Shantotto/Ramza), but also play a wide variety of games. I did get the Gunslinger Girl games but was unable to get past the tutorial LOL. I work in a hospital as a Cardiac Monitor Tech, and I collect plush dolls and a few figures. Nice to meet you all!

Pleased to meet you! I see you've filled out the paperwork. Next stop is Medical. 

You might want to stop at the coffee machine before then, though.
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1211

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirie Mon 5 Mar 2018 - 0:50

:p
Nice to meet you too. What kind of coffee you got?
Kirie
Kirie

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Mon 5 Mar 2018 - 1:14

Kirie wrote:I actually am currently writing a novel that has a little inspiration from GG, though it’s more based on the old US MKUltra project. Why?

The scanlation fans have gone and moved on to other works. Those of us still haunting this place are mostly fanfic authors.

MKUltra is fascinating (if you can get past the WTF-edness of it existing in the first place) and definitely has possibilities when talking about a novel with hints of GSG.

If you're setting it in Italy, Operation Gladio is also interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1211

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirie Mon 5 Mar 2018 - 2:22

It’s set in America. I’ve been working on it for around 10 years now. It’s been scrapped and restarted many times since it’s inception but, it’s basically about an albino girl named Kanna who is orphaned in a government facility experimenting on children. After accidentally burning down the orphanage, she is placed under the care of an abusive Foster father, eventually leading her to try to kill herself, but instead kills him and begins a life a crime. Her goal is to obtain complete freedom. She eventually gets an arm cut off and is turned into a super soldier by the government, but betrays them and resumes her crime career. I have a plan to make a rival to her using Triela as an inspiration.
Kirie
Kirie

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Mon 5 Mar 2018 - 12:43

That sounds more than a little interesting. Ten years, you say? I have a few projects still sitting on my flash drive that old. Inspiration will come - just keep writing and reading.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirie Mon 5 Mar 2018 - 16:27

I’ll post a chapter of it, if you all don’t mind. Also secondary question, I’m ordering a custom Triela plush but because it’s techinically a site for OCs, they said I need to draw a character of Triela so they can, well, pretend she’s an OC. Can I use fanart from here and credit the artist? I drew bubbles from PPG once and her eyes were lookin in different directions.
Kirie
Kirie

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT Mon 5 Mar 2018 - 20:55

Welcome to the forum, Kirie! Glad to see some new faces around these parts!

I also think your story idea is rather compelling and I second TSM in wanting to see a chapter up if possible. We're mostly fanfic writers ourselves (or perpetually stuck in writer's block) so we're happy to read and comment and provide useful advice. A good thread on this forum about writing is the On Writing thread started by Taerkitty.

To answer your question, I don't see why not, if you let them know that you're using their artwork, or at the very least credit them as you say. Good luck in getting the plush. There's unfortunately not as much GSG stuff around as there used to be, so a good site, even if for OCs, would be amazing. Let us know how you fare!
PSVT
PSVT

Male

Forum Posts : 556

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Tue 6 Mar 2018 - 8:13

Welcome to the international gsg club!
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirie Tue 6 Mar 2018 - 8:52

Thanks! Nice to meet you
Kirie
Kirie

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Wed 7 Mar 2018 - 23:48

Welcome!
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Forum Posts : 476

Fan of : Yu Aida

Original Characters : Phong Linh . Silvya SilverFox

Comments : I'm back

Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 10 Mar 2018 - 22:25

I'm late to the party (per usual), but a belated hello and welcome to the fold.

*blows dust off a new arrivals package* Now, if you could just fill out the forms in there, sign and return them we'll get you inducted.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirie Sun 11 Mar 2018 - 7:57

I feel like I’m the one late to the party. About 10 years late.
Kirie
Kirie

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Sun 11 Mar 2018 - 9:14

Certainly the site was a lot busier in 2008. Old members still stop in, though not every day like they used to, and a few who have been long absent have shown up again. The fandom is small but loyal. OCs are rather hit-or-miss draws (some are quite popular on-site long after their creators have departed the forum), but if you came here to discuss the anime and manga, all you need to generate guaranteed responses is to open a topic or make a comment in an existing one.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirie Mon 12 Mar 2018 - 2:49

Forums in themselves are dying out as well, but no need to fear! I’m not planning on going anywhere.
Kirie
Kirie

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 12 Mar 2018 - 6:37

It is definitely a lot quieter than when you were putting in a couple of hours a night just to keep up. Razz We're all a bit slower replying these days, especially if something said begets thinking about. Of course, the fact that it's all a little slower means you can afford the time to mull things over... it's a bit of a self perpetuating cycle. sweat

Kirie wrote:Forums in themselves are dying out as well...
Unfortunately I think you've a point there. Stuff like facebook groups and reddit have killed them off somewhat, though I might not be the best person to make comment as I've not really gone looking for any others. It's a pity though, I quite like the forum format in that its easy to go reference old conversations or find past information (I still reference this one from time to time) though, again, my primary experience has been here, where things like necroposting are entirely acceptable.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 2:16

A most hearty welcome good sir. I haven't played Tekken since Tag 2, but I do dabble in Skullgirls, Smash, and anything from SNK.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 Sun 8 Apr 2018 - 17:48

Welcome welcome! Very Happy
PolosElite23
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 936

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 10:58

Happy that you're here!
ACH
ACH

Male

Forum Posts : 390

Fan of : Physics~

Original Characters : Lots~

Comments : None~~~

Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Thu 17 May 2018 - 0:21

Oh hai!! A new fan of best girl, Triela is always welcome!! Very Happy
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum