Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Gunslinger Girl has affected your life ?

+2
Thescarredman
Lyndist
6 posters

Go down

How Gunslinger Girl has affected your life ?  Empty How Gunslinger Girl has affected your life ?

Post by Lyndist Wed 28 Dec 2016 - 4:17

In fact, GSG has affected quite a lot in my life, it is one of the reasons that I decided to study Medicine and become a doctor , although I was a bit old to become a student . Seriously . It sounds pretty lame i know but I think it is a good decision . After demobilization , I've spent a lot of time to do nothing and feel extremely bored . I am unfit to become an officer and I do not want to sit around and became a salesman in the family store . After reading the GSG, once again, I decided to go to cram school and then take the exam at the University of Medicine . And failed .  Razz . It's too hard for me .Yah. But I continued to study at cram schools, partly because I have nothing to do and partly because I was flirting with a girl there, and this time I succeeded . Now I was the second year students of Cần Thơ University of Medicine Embarassed . Well . I do not hope that I can become an eminent professor or have a great initiative but I hope that I will one day be working with something similar to the SWAs and and maybe, someday become a handler 

How Gunslinger Girl has affected your life ?  Belleut_manga
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Forum Posts : 476

Fan of : Yu Aida

Original Characters : Phong Linh . Silvya SilverFox

Comments : I'm back

Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

How Gunslinger Girl has affected your life ?  Empty Re: How Gunslinger Girl has affected your life ?

Post by Lyndist Fri 30 Dec 2016 - 12:00

I have about 20 view, and there is no comments yet . Really!?
How Gunslinger Girl has affected your life ?  15625628_10154948073956654_87684741772994963_o
Well, at least you have read it . I was pretty drunk, high and feel uneasy - at the same time - therefore I will stay here and write a few miscellaneous things, it's pretty lame, but I think it's okay. I have seen a few mod but no one said anything, so I think I'm okay to write a few things, though they do not fit in here
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

How Gunslinger Girl has affected your life ?  Empty Re: How Gunslinger Girl has affected your life ?

Post by Thescarredman Fri 30 Dec 2016 - 22:44

Pretty much anything you want to say fits in the General section, Lyndist. No one ever complained about your 'Military Life' thread, did they?

But even among dedicated fans of GsG, you'll find few of us who believe that the Gunslinger Girl universe will ever become a reality. Some think the supporting science is weak. Some think social acceptance is unlikely. And others see the tragic lives of both the girls and their handlers and think the world is better off if the SWA, or anything like it, remains fiction.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 6:43

Pretty much anything you want to say fits in the General section, Lyndist. No one ever complained about your 'Military Life' thread, did they?

Ah , my dark past - my first contact with foreign websites -it is like listening to an album that you recorded when you were 16 years old and feel that why you have to be so stupid at that time . That is why I [Edit] all of them . Seriously  .
How Gunslinger Girl has affected your life ?  15800815_1488586914499830_3981279796243183902_o

Last edited by Lyndist on Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 8:26; edited 1 time in total
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 8:22

Don't get me wrong .I do not choose to become a doctor just because I love a series of fictional characters . It is just one of many reasons and also because of the special circumstances of my that I decided to choose this career . Well. because there are many new people and we did not have many opportunities to talk to each other so I will write about it here. I hope that it will help you understand more about me

My father was a military officer while my mother is a dean of a local hospital . My family, at that time, although not considered a wealthy family, had plenty of assets and they tried to give me the best schools . But too bad that I have failed them and finally I ended up at the near-the-end-of-the-list High School (But I never regretted it , they are the great years of my life) and after I graduated (with a narrow score) I joined the Army .  I spent 18 months at the camp and then two years at border guard stations (It is time That I know about the GSG ,via a Anime trailer on a foreign site. Wink ) At this time, my family has become richer, also become much more influential with local authorities And my father decided that I should pursue a career in the army and became a senior officer . I've been in several combat missions and then, thanks to my English (even though it's pretty bad, but it was enough to pass the test) I finally became a Embassy Guards (AKA Meat shield for the diplomatic missions) And I can tell you that it is as not fancy as you think . It's pretty tired and you will have to stay indoors, or in the car, or at the door all day and ABSOLUTELY NO outing outside . I stayed in the group for about a year and a half . Then my family decided that it's not worth it and I was discharged about 4 months later . At this time, my family has become rich with furniture store, private clinic and many farms. We also have more influence in local politics , thanks to my aunts and uncles . My family thought I should stay home and take care of family business but I decided to become a doctor . It's pretty cool, the local government has promised to give me a pretty good place when I graduated and even sponsored me at this time  . 

Currently, I think I will enjoy the University at this time, do things that students always do : fight against homework and lecturers and get laid at weekend
How Gunslinger Girl has affected your life ?  15697337_569250719939001_8627478122250439353_n
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 9:06

Thescarredman wrote:But even among dedicated fans of GsG, you'll find few of us who believe that the Gunslinger Girl universe will ever become a reality. Some think the supporting science is weak. Some think social acceptance is unlikely. And others see the tragic lives of both the girls and their handlers and think the world is better off if the SWA, or anything like it, remains fiction.
Well, I think we will have great strides on techniques in the years to come and these GSG techniques can put to use in about 2 next decade  . Back in 2006 , none of us think Smartphones, Touch screen and many other technologies will be widely used as it is now . At that time, mobile phone still is a luxury item in Vietnam , video call and touch screen only appears on the science fiction film . And now they're dirt cheap . 

As for social acceptance . Even in the manga, it's remain as a Black ops and you also can not deny the effect that it achieved in the health sector . In fact, the feat of the girls are nothing compared to the data that they provide to the scientists to perfect the techniques . Their sacrifices will save millions more from disease, disability and help to advance science to a new heights. And if I were there, I would be happy to be a part of it
How Gunslinger Girl has affected your life ?  15724620_1139211826184247_1976682438133678453_o
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Fri 20 Jan 2017 - 23:49

I find your involvement with medicine and how opportunities have developed for you interesting. May you continue to pursue your studies and succeed. As to how has GSG influenced me, it has inspired me to draw, write and try to take up frame by frame animation
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 6:44

Dude. When are you going to post something? We haven't seen a drawing or a fic from you in years. We miss Gun and hungry Ayden.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Sat 4 Mar 2017 - 21:09

How Gunslinger Girl has affected your life ?  IMG_20170305_090049

Me and my classmate Razz .Going to college is a very good decision of my life
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Sun 5 Mar 2017 - 5:56

Hm. Guess college life is the same all over the world...

Yu Aida's work has given me a great many insights into the human condition, and improved my writing thereby. And it led me to this forum, which got me exposed to a wider world and a lot of great people.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Sun 5 Mar 2017 - 10:08

Thescarredman wrote:Hm. Guess college life is the same all over the world...

Yu Aida's work has given me a great many insights into the human condition, and improved my writing thereby. And it led me to this forum, which got me exposed to a wider world and a lot of great people.
Yah. It's all the same all over the world.  LOL. Seriously .

I wanna meet Yu someday and have a drink with him . And tell him that his work has changed the lives of so many people. Including me. It gives me the goal to strive for and enjoy life in my own way
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 8 Mar 2017 - 23:43

Lyndist wrote:How Gunslinger Girl has affected your life ?
It certainly made me research Italian geography, food and language more.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Thu 9 Mar 2017 - 11:39

Ditto. It made we want to tour the country. Maybe someday...
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 9 Mar 2017 - 18:14

Thescarredman wrote:Ditto. It made me want to tour the country. Maybe someday...
I got to spend a few weeks in mainland Italy once, but I was kind of occupied with the Bosnia war so there wasn't much free time to explore.
When I did get a whole day off I just set out in the morning and walked for about twelve hours...no map, no destination in mind, I just wanted to see as much of the countryside as I could on foot.  If I'd had two bodyguards following me with lupara's it would have felt like a scene from The Godfather.

That was long before I was involved with the forum, before Yu Aida even began writing GsG.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Thu 9 Mar 2017 - 21:26

ThescarredmanDitto. It made we want to tour the country. Maybe someday...
We all wanna do that someday. Didn't we. My girlfriend and I planned to go on honeymoon in Japan but I was considering a trip to Italy ,alone ,before getting married
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson Fri 10 Mar 2017 - 18:59

GSG was probably the first anime I watched that made me realize how much I appreciate deep and complex characters - even moreso than a deep an inspired plot. A poor story with good characters can still catch my interest, but a good story with flat characters won't make it for me.

GSG is also the first anime that left me wanting more so bad that I sought out the manga. That brought me here to my first experience with a group of people who shared my love for this form of creative expression. The people here inspired me to ultimately embrace my love for anime and not be shy about it. I even went to Otakon the first time because someone on here mentioned it. So really, GSG has had a decent affect on my life haha - I never really thought about it until now. It all comes back to one tiny moment when I saw an avatar of Henrietta unloading her P90 from episode one. Life is pretty funny, huh?  Laughing
theprodigalson
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 436

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 11 Mar 2017 - 2:28

Professor Voodoo wrote:I just set out in the morning and walked for about twelve hours...no map, no destination in mind, I just wanted to see as much of the countryside as I could on foot.
Still one of the best things to do in another country.

As for me personally, if it weren't for GsG I wouldn't have created J+M, which means I wouldn't have started writing them, which means I wouldn't have started taking writing seriously/enjoying it, and thus I doubt I would be attempting to now write original fiction now.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Sat 11 Mar 2017 - 18:50

Alfisti: As for me personally, if it weren't for GsG I wouldn't have created J+M, which means I wouldn't have started writing them, which means I wouldn't have started taking writing seriously/enjoying it, and thus I doubt I would be attempting to now write original fiction now.

Not to mention the creation of a folio of GsG-related artwork, for which we are all grateful. And, wasn't Lettie originally (albeit briefly) envisioned as someone who knew pre-conversion Monty?
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 12 Mar 2017 - 4:50

Thescarredman wrote:Alfisti: As for me personally, if it weren't for GsG I wouldn't have created J+M, which means I wouldn't have started writing them, which means I wouldn't have started taking writing seriously/enjoying it, and thus I doubt I would be attempting to now write original fiction now.

Not to mention the creation of a folio of GsG-related artwork, for which we are all grateful. And, wasn't Lettie originally (albeit briefly) envisioned as someone who knew pre-conversion Monty?
Well, originally, Lettie came about because, after drawing Monty for ages, I felt like drawing tits.  sweat  However, yes, at one point whilst trying to figure out where she fit in the great grand scheme of things it was toyed with having her as someone who knew Monty pre-conversion.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Mon 13 Mar 2017 - 9:35

Well, originally, Lettie came about because, after drawing Monty for ages, I felt like drawing tits.  

From flat chest to Big boobs is a big step forward And it is not easy to do that. It is good to have another comrade in the revolution.
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down