Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Whispered "Hellosche"

+5
Thescarredman
Alfisti
FireTrooper113
Bathduck monster
Chronic Guardian
9 posters

Go down

I Whispered "Hellosche" Empty I Whispered "Hellosche"

Post by Chronic Guardian Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 0:38

*A smoke bomb goes off and slowly clears to reveal an intruder with a ponytail has invaded the forum*

Uh... Hi there! Allow me a rambling attempt to explain myself before I'm shot on sight. I'm Chronic Guardian, or "CG", a fan of Gunslinger Girl who mostly kept to the shadows because he felt he wasn't really dark and gritty enough for the fandom and was massively intimidated by the undeniable skill of just about every writer he came across. Although I prefer playful evasion as my primary modus operandi, I promise I really do think about things when I'm not off being a goof ball. So... maybe I'm secretly Vash the Stampede? I guess I'll leave that up to you to decide.

I primarily interact with Gunslinger Girl through Dual Trigger, an extensive self-made AU that mixes elements of Final Fantasy with the GsG universe. This includes such fratelli as Cyan Garamonde/Terra Branford, Vincent Valentine/Aerith Gainsborough, Laguna Loire/Quistis Trepe, and an "off-brand" team of Jecht/Penelo working under the COSMOS group. Because I developed the ideas behind this AU very early on in the series, there is a marked departure from canon events and ideas and the overall theme probably got switched along the way too. Heck, you're probably offended I still refer to it as even being related to Gunslinger Girl. I guess that's why I see myself as the step-headed redchild of the fandom.

After years of lurking in the shadows, my literary discussions with the famed taerkitty and TheScarredMan (oh, name dropping, I see how it is) finally drew me into actually setting foot in these sacred circles (but not after accidentally joining into the skype group, heh...oops). I promise not to disrupt the goings on too badly. Just let me know when I've crossed the line and I'll be happy to go back to my corner. In my defense though, Laguna and Quistis make a very entertaining fratello.

If I've somehow piqued your curiosity, feel free to check me out either on deviantArt or FanFiction.net. While I lack the refined skill of many of your honored members, I promise to be at least mildly diverting. The Dual Trigger Extra series in particular should give you a fair idea of how I roll.

Anyway, I suppose that shall do for the moment. Once the security team confirms I'm not carrying confetti bombs or anything else that might not fit in these circles I'll probably be popping back in every now and then.

Looking forward to (officially) meeting you all after my lack of general prudence,
-CG
Chronic Guardian
Chronic Guardian

Male

Forum Posts : 76

Fan of : Rico, Alphonso, and various writers of tremendous talent

Original Characters : Originality? CG has none of that.

Comments : CG is to the GsG fandom as Puddleglum is to Marshwiggles. He's not that much more cheerful, but certainly enough to warrant an exile.

Registration date : 2016-07-03
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

I Whispered "Hellosche" Empty Re: I Whispered "Hellosche"

Post by Bathduck monster Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 8:46

Welcome to CC.

Alfisti(look, I can namedrop too!) will probably be by soon to give  you a big stack of papers.  If you don't want to do them have them delivered to Agapita(and I can do it with story characters too!) in the cyborg dorms for practice( Nuke ).
Bathduck monster
Bathduck monster

Male

Forum Posts : 98

Fan of : Interesting stories

Original Characters : Santa and Nicia(and Enzo)

Comments : None, thanks for asking though.

Registration date : 2016-03-15
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by FireTrooper113 Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 8:51

Welcome, friend! 

I don't think you have to worry about your fic being too AU; crazyidiot78 is a veteran in that department.
FireTrooper113
FireTrooper113

Male

Forum Posts : 87

Fan of : The original five cyborgs and their handlers.

Original Characters : Not something I'm interested in, at least for now.

Comments : Most like to see things in black and white, I see them in gray. ....Pink would be nice, or red, hell let's throw some green in there too.

Registration date : 2014-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 14:57

@Bathduck monster: Thanks for the welcome! It's kinda surreal to finally join in, but... well, here I am.
Oh, hey, Alfisti! He would definitely be one of those writers who makes me feel unworthy to join your cause. Not on purpose (as far as I know), but, well... seems he can't help the natural talent. Fair warning though, I am allergic to paperwork and might revert into a feral maniac if overexposed. Just... y'know, fair warning.

@Firetrooper: Eh... to each their own. CrazyIdiot's a fine chap, if I remember correctly, but it all depends on what you're actually trying to do with your writing. Just between us, I may be engaged in the forbidden arts of thematic aestheticism (or at least, attempting to be) so... yeah. There's that. I just... I'd hate to be the one to tromp in and knock over the sand castle, so to speak. From the outside, Cyborg Central looks like a cohesive extended canon of fan love and amazingness. I really do enjoy Gunslinger Girl, I just don't want to rock the boat with a curveball approach, I guess.
Am I overthinking this? No Absolutely. But unless I spill my guts, how else are you to know that goes through this oddball's head? Except that guts and brains aren't quite anatomically analogous, but, you know, whatever.
Anyway, *ahem* thanks for the welcome! I'll try to contribute mild entertainment to your fandom, but I make no promises.

Regards,
-CG
Chronic Guardian
Chronic Guardian

Male

Comments : CG is to the GsG fandom as Puddleglum is to Marshwiggles. He's not that much more cheerful, but certainly enough to warrant an exile.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathduck monster Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 18:18

No problem, we have people, shredders, an incinerator, and computers to help with that problem.  If you do somehow turn into a maniac we'll get a couple cyborgs to punt heavy medicine balls at your head to knock you out.
Bathduck monster
Bathduck monster

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 4 Jul 2016 - 2:52

I thought the name sounded familiar... though, to be honest, my first notion was that you were some variety of returnee member. sweat

Chronic Guardian wrote:Fair warning though, I am allergic to paperwork and might revert into a feral maniac if overexposed. Just... y'know, fair warning.
*Grabs the nearest cyborg, handing her a stack of papers* See that bloke over there? Yeah, the one with the ponytail. Take these over to him, make sure he fills them out, properly, initials and signs them, then bring them back once he's done. Good lass.

Chronic Guardian wrote:From the outside, Cyborg Central looks like a cohesive extended canon of fan love and amazingness.
From inside it's a bit of a hodgepodge of grabbing bits that fit from each other and slotting them in where they work. Everything gets along like a house on fire. You ever seen a house on fire? People running, screaming, lots of smoke and confusion...

Jokes aside though, welcome. Feel free to get stuck in around the place, post about your OCs (or re-tooled, by the sound of things) fratelli, talk GsG-related bollocks, so on and so forth.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Mon 4 Jul 2016 - 21:42

Never thought I'd see the day.
Welcome, Chronic. You've been lurking around the place enough, go to the 'On Writing' thread and post something.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 7:20

Welcome

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 8:05

I Whispered "Hellosche" Triela_Welcome
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 10:52

Alfisti wrote:I thought the name sounded familiar... though, to be honest, my first notion was that you were some variety of returnee member. sweat

*CG looks between the stack of registration papers and the cyborg sent to deliver them* ...And what if we just pretended that I am some variety of returnee member? No use for the paperwork then, right?

@TSM: Who, me? Oh, you know I can't do that. What with the way I write and all the talks we've had on the subject and ...er, I mean: Yes, Sir!

@CI: Haldo! And thanks for the welcome.

@Kiskaloo: 'Eeeeey! How's K and M these days?
...Also, isn't Triela a little young to be drinking unsupervised?
Chronic Guardian
Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 13:59

...Also, isn't Triela a little young to be drinking unsupervised?

Praps Hilshire is the photographer. Or... would Sandro count as supervision?
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 16:21

Welcome to the Gunslinger Girl boards! I hope you like it here. ^_^ Say Cheese!
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian Wed 6 Jul 2016 - 2:04

Thescarredman wrote:

If Sandro is a responsible supervisor, then I am the picture of discretion and poise. I just hope this was Hilshire and not Henrietta. Having wine at one of the hang out sessions in Claes and Triela's room could have disastrous results...

Triela wrote:
Welcome to the Gunslinger Girl boards! I hope you like it here. ^_^ I Whispered "Hellosche" 269677
Thanks! I'm slowly getting the hang of things as I dig into years of archived conversations trying to figure out what's already been said. I'm so late to the party it seems like it's impossible to fully catch up without quitting my job and staying out of school for another semester or four. So long as I don't cramp anyone's style too badly, I think we should be good.

By the way, I noticed you're an artist. Very nice work you got going on! I'll have to try posting some of my own stuff once I've been here a little longer (although it's been a while since I've drawn anything GsG related...).
Chronic Guardian
Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 6 Jul 2016 - 5:22

Thescarredman wrote:...Also, isn't Triela a little young to be drinking unsupervised?

Any adult is technically "supervision", whether its effective supervision or not is an entirely different matter...

Chronic Guardian wrote:*CG looks between the stack of registration papers and the cyborg sent to deliver them* ...And what if we just pretended that I am some variety of returnee member? No use for the paperwork then, right?
Actually, you would then need to fill out these forms as well to explain your leave of absence, as well as submit to a full check of your activities whilst absent.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Thu 7 Jul 2016 - 23:01

Alfisti wrote:
Chronic Guardian wrote:Fair warning though, I am allergic to paperwork and might revert into a feral maniac if overexposed. Just... y'know, fair warning.
*Grabs the nearest cyborg, handing her a stack of papers* See that bloke over there? Yeah, the one with the ponytail. Take these over to him, make sure he fills them out, properly, initials and signs them, then bring them back once he's done. Good lass.
(Unluckily for Jamiebel, she was the nearest cyborg in Alfisti's area, and hands her the stack of papers. She walks up to Chronic Guardian nervously, papers in hands.)

Jamiebel: H-hello, my name is J-Jamiebel, and I-I'm here to give you these p-papers. (slowly places a huge stack of papers onto the desk) Now, if you could just initial on the suggested spaces, and... (speaks very quickly and frightened) andfilltheseoutintriplicateproperlyandwe'llbehappytoprocessthisinfointothedatabaseturnthemovertoAlfistiwhenyou'redoneJimwillhelpyououtwiththe
papersifyouneedhelpdon'tblamemeokayseeyoulaterbye! (bows, then scarpers)

Seriously, though, welcome to the S.S. Madhouse. I think you'll find your stay here to be very entertaining. Smile

topgearbrzgt86

Male

Forum Posts : 453

Fan of : Top Gear, Initial D, etc.

Original Characters : Jim, Jamiebel, Davina, Bernan, Frédéric. (More to come.)

Comments : You have to leave the space. All the time you have to leave the space!
-Fernando Alonso

Registration date : 2013-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 8 Jul 2016 - 6:06

topgearbrzgt86 wrote:
Alfisti wrote:
(Unluckily for Jamiebel, she was the nearest cyborg in Alfisti's area, and hands her the stack of papers. She walks up to Chronic Guardian nervously, papers in hands.)

Jamiebel: H-hello, my name is J-Jamiebel, and I-I'm here to give you these p-papers. (slowly places a huge stack of papers onto the desk) Now, if you could just initial on the suggested spaces, and... (speaks very quickly and frightened) andfilltheseoutintriplicateproperlyandwe'llbehappytoprocessthisinfointothedatabaseturnthemovertoAlfistiwhenyou'redoneJimwillhelpyououtwiththe
God, you just can't get good help anywhere these days.  Razz
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Fri 8 Jul 2016 - 22:02

Alfisti wrote:
topgearbrzgt86 wrote:
Alfisti wrote:

God, you just can't get good help anywhere these days. Razz
Well, if one reverting to a feral maniac when overexposed to too much paperwork doesn't get a girl scared, I dunno what will. Razz

topgearbrzgt86

Male

Forum Posts : 453

Fan of : Top Gear, Initial D, etc.

Original Characters : Jim, Jamiebel, Davina, Bernan, Frédéric. (More to come.)

Comments : You have to leave the space. All the time you have to leave the space!
-Fernando Alonso

Registration date : 2013-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian Sat 9 Jul 2016 - 13:36

Well, that's sweet that you still think of them as girls. The paperwork here seems to prefer the term "cybernetic counter-terrorism operative", but tomato-tom'ato I guess. Of course, given all the smart phones and what-have-you kids carry around these days I guess cybernetic isn't really describing anything too out of the ordinary...

Anyway, while speed reading through this paperwork (one of the few unique perks of being a lit. major) I noted a few disagreeable portions and made the appropriate edits. I forget what pages they're on though, so I guess you'll just have to reread through the whole thing yourself to find them. Sorry about that.

...That said, the whole portion about signing over the right to snarky comments seems a little out of place for an Agency doc. How much of this is just to make sure we're paying attention, I wonder? And, follow up question, what happens when I don't sign it? I do happen to like my freedom to comment snarkily...
Chronic Guardian
Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathduck monster Sat 9 Jul 2016 - 21:36

If you don't sign it we tell Henrietta that you were saying bad things about Jose and tell Marisa that you're the reason she won't receive a sword and they team up to make you miserable until you sign it.
Bathduck monster
Bathduck monster

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Mon 11 Jul 2016 - 22:11

Welcome to the MadHouse, enjoy the ride. dancin\\'
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum