Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Full Metal Panic Fanfic

2 posters

Go down

My Full Metal Panic Fanfic Empty My Full Metal Panic Fanfic

Post by Piero Fri 1 Jan 2016 - 2:29

Hopefully this is okay to post this here, as we don't seem to have a section for non GSG fanfics.

Believe it or not, the idea for this fanfic came from watching Yahari Ore of all things.  I saw Hachiman's cynical observations about the social interactions of the people around him, and somehow that led to me thinking it might be fun to write a Full Metal Panic fanfic from the perspective of some poor bastard whose peaceful life gets turned upside down because he happens to be a whispered.  I didn't initially do much with the idea, but with the recent announcement of a new Full Metal Panic anime I decided to write and publish When Did My Life Become a Bad Action Movie?

I will note that despite my intention for the story to be comedic, this first bit actually ended up being rather intense.  I'm also thinking of expanding it into a larger (and serious) story.  Sousuke and Kaname are a tough act to follow, but with Alex and Mei I feel like I've finally come up with a good pair of OC leads for a FMP fanfic. On the other hand, I'm finding it a bit of a challenge to come up with a good story for the two of them given FMP's rather tight and complete novel canon, which kind of limits what OC characters can do.  I wouldn't mind having someone to bounce some ideas around with!

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

My Full Metal Panic Fanfic Empty Re: My Full Metal Panic Fanfic

Post by Thescarredman Fri 1 Jan 2016 - 19:08

Don't know a thing about FMP, Piero, but I read your fic and it's good. You really should find a way to continue it.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sun 3 Jan 2016 - 0:57

I saw the review you posted on Fanfiction.net -thanks for the feedback!

Full Metal Panic is an older series that's perhaps best described as a Romantic Action Comedy -with Mecha. Razz It's set in an alternate timeline where the cold war is ongoing and strangely advanced pieces of technology (most notably giant suits of powered armor called Arm Slaves) exist alongside the mundane.  The plot involves a socially inept former child soldier turned counter terrorist who has no idea how to behave in peaceful society going undercover to protect a short tempered school girl without her knowledge and basically making a complete ass of himself at everything that doesn't involve directly protecting her from bad guys.  Funimation has it up on youtube if you ever want to check it out.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: