Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glory to the Brave II

3 posters

Go down

Glory to the Brave II Empty Glory to the Brave II

Post by Nachtsider Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 23:41

Retrieved 23 minutes prior from Yahoo News. Amazingly courageous children are everywhere, it would seem.

The Associated Press wrote:EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. - As flames consumed her home and prevented her parents from rescuing her and two younger siblings, a quick-thinking 12-year-old girl saved the other children Saturday by kicking out a second-story window and helping them down, firefighters said.

Derrionna Adams then leaped 15 feet to safety, East St. Louis Fire Chief William Fennoy said.

"She kicked the window out and stepped up onto the roof of the first floor and was able to pull her two siblings out," Fennoy said. "This was a blessed day."

Velma Dorris, the children's mother, and her husband, Bernard, were sleeping downstairs with three children when the fire started, authorities said. Smoke and flames kept them from reaching the children upstairs.

Meanwhile, oldest daughter Derrionna managed to guide her two siblings, a 9-year-old and an 8-year-old, onto the roof, Fennoy said. Once outside, the 9-year-old boy, Dedeonta Neal, noticed his younger sisters were missing, not knowing they were safe with his mother. The boy went back inside the burning building to find them, suffering burns on his arms before exiting.

He and the others jumped 15 feet from the roof, Fennoy said. The boy broke his ankle in the fall, but the other five children were uninjured.

The house was destroyed before firefighters could put out the blaze. Firefighters suspect a space heater started it, Fennoy said.
Mayor Alvin Parks Jr. said the 12-year-old girl was mature beyond her years.

"It is a tremendously courageous and wise way of dealing with the situation," Parks said. "We also look at the courage of the young man, the 9-year-old, of wanting to go back in."

Parks said the brother and sister would be honored, "as an example of what we all can be doing."
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Glory to the Brave II Empty Re: Glory to the Brave II

Post by Utsurokuri Sun 24 Feb 2008 - 16:52

Amazing things do happen everyday don't they?

It's like the little kids these days are so selfless and courageous these days. It's almost nuts then again I rather have these kids grace the front page of a newspaper than to have some report of how someone was killed.

Truly inspirational these youngsters. XD
Utsurokuri
Utsurokuri

Female

Forum Posts : 101

Fan of : -points to avatar-

Original Characters : TBA

Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 14:01

A fine display of quick thinking on the girl's part and pure courage on the boy's. Though this incident is not horrific on the same scale as Alexis' story, these kids are still heros.

You're absolutelly right Utsurokuri, I would much rather see something so amazing as this in the news instead of politics and murder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 16:20

HK-Fan wrote:You're absolutelly right Utsurokuri, I would much rather see something so amazing as this in the news instead of politics and murder.

I also agree,i stopped watching the news because it was just making me depressed
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Utsurokuri Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 20:53

Yeah that's the upside it that you don't see all of that but on the down side you have no idea what is going on around you. -shrugs-
Utsurokuri
Utsurokuri

Female

Forum Posts : 101

Fan of : -points to avatar-

Original Characters : TBA

Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down