Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone

+3
LoC978
Nachtsider
Probit Return
7 posters

Go down

Hello everyone Empty Hello everyone

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 20:02

Ok... Well I'm awful with intro's so I useually skip the whole 'Welcome board' thing but hey, I'm feeling optimistic. ^^"

I'm HK-Fan, I found this place from fanfiction.net I think whilst I was looking around there and i thought this place looked fun so I decided to get on with it and register Smile

Anyway I'm a big fan of the anime series. I was blown away by the depth and fantastic style of the first sereis, plus I never before realised how awesome a P90 in a violin ( or viola...) case could be! (I sometimes pretend I have one in my guitar case now...) I think it was definately one of the best series I've ever seen . My interest was re-awakened when I heared of a second sereis so I re-watched the first series and then started on the second. I must say I'm enjoying the story more second time through. I think I was a bit young to fully grasp it last time. I also started reading the manga and before long I'm hooked... the mixture of joy, sadness and gritty realism un an unreal situation is something quite special...so thats about it really.

I feel I might get round to writing a fan-fic based on the series soon... but knowing my track record it will end up with the projected length of War and Peace and end up never finnished... but I guess theres a first time for everything... sweat

Well, I look forward to getting to know you all.

Last edited by HK-Fan on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 20:25; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty Re: Hello everyone

Post by Probit Return Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 20:06

Greetings. I am Probit Return, the official forum greeter. I would like to formally welcome you to our fabulous forums. I'm sure you will fit in well here.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 20:12

Welcome to our forum, HK - make yourself right at home. Most of us (myself included) are writers of Gunslinger Girl fanfiction, too, and would be more than willing to assist you in penning your tale. Looking forward to perusing your contributions to the discussions!
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 20:29

Thankyou Probit Return, Nachtsider. Its nice to meet you both. Am I right in thinking that your fanfiction can be found on Fanfiction.net, right? I intend to read as much as I can this weekend.

Then I think I'll get properly started on my own. Thankou for the offer of help too, I may well need it, afterall I've never tried writing fanfiction for a series like Gunslinger Girl...

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 20:40

Yup, most (if not all) of us fanfiction writers use fanfiction.net as a base for the holding of the stories and what not. Some of us have fictionpress accounts too, but that's not too important.

Psst, read Memories Upon Broken Glass. *Shifty Eyes* If you're lucky, there will be a new chapter by the end of this weekend.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 20:41

welcome aboard. glad to have another interested party for our collection of fanfiction...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 21:18

HK-Fan wrote:Thankyou Probit Return, Nachtsider. Its nice to meet you both. Am I right in thinking that your fanfiction can be found on Fanfiction.net, right? I intend to read as much as I can this weekend.

Thanks for the offer, HK - links to my work can be found here if you desire quick access. I must inform you, though, that several of my stories are linked and sequential - please read 'A Day in the Life' first of all, followed by 'Battlezone', 'Iceberg', 'Night Shift' and 'Memorabilia Morbosi'. The others can be read in no particular order. Don't hesitate to tell me what you think of them - I deeply appreciate constructive feedback.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 21:34

Alright then! Memories Upon Broken Glass, and then 'A day in the life' then 'Battlezone', then 'Iceberg' then 'Night Shift' then 'Memorabilia'... Copy that I'll check them out in the morning Thanks guys. I'll try to give some worthwhile feedback for you too.

Thanks for the welcome LoC978 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 21:44

High Five
I guess I'll plug my own stories, too, then. The two that actually matter are:

Rebirth of a Queen (the fic featuring my OCs)
and Another Saturday at the Office (which is really just a short piece of fluff, but I think it's the best fluff I've written)

oh, and... it's not mine, but READ THIS. It's the best fic our community has to offer. No joke.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 21:55

Seeing as I hold the record of being only the second person to write Gunslinger Girl fanfiction on the entire Web, HK, the content of my stories may seem quite dated to recent readers who've whetted their appetite on newer material. But I created several trends that are widely used in the fandom today (the usage of OCs, foreign SWA counterparts and male cyborgs, for instance), and it's fair to say that I can still hold my own against our community's brightest new stars. I can guarantee that my stories will, at the very least, keep you entertained.

I see you've listed Monty Python as being a form of humor you enjoy - that's awesome, seeing as I'm a Python fan myself. Which sketches do you enjoy best?
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 22:22

Nachtsider wrote: I can guarantee that my stories will, at the very least, keep you entertained.
I can vouch for that. Nacht's stories are some of the best.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 22:28

Thanks, LoC. I've got two new ones coming up soon that poke fun at Jean once again - watch out for them!
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 0:48

Youkoso! The more the merrier~! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 6:09

Wow, I've got loads to read now,huh? Thanks for the links, LoC978. So this is the best of the best huh? Maybe I should read that one first.

You were the second ever Nachtsider? Thats a pretty good claim to fame, I'll be expecting good things then Smile . I wouldn't worry about the dated issue, I haven't read much GSG Fanfiction at all yet and besides, if you did use these concepts first I feel I'd like to read the originals that new stories are inspired by. If it was original at the time I don't feel it can become dated.

Monty Python ? We'll for starters I love Holy Grail best of all and Life of Brian very much too, but as for individual sketches I still haven't been able to see as many as I'd like. I still think the parrot is hard to beat, and I laughed so hard when I first watched the Lumberjack song sketch, but in truth if Monty Python did it, I enjoy it. The sheer daftness of them all is genius. I'm trying to find videos of the series to watch, so far I found 3, you just gotta keep going round the charity shops and eventually you find 'em.

Hi, Thanks PanzerIV.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 6:29

Sheo's story is the best of them all, HK - a magisterial, ongoing epic that crosses over with many other series, including Noir, Metal Slug, Saikano and Full Metal Panic. Thing is, though, it incorporates three of my original characters, who appear in 'A Day in the Life' and 'Battlezone', so someone who hasn't read my work first wouldn't dig the relevant bits.

It's true about me being the second ever - the old hands like Sheo can confirm this. In 2004, before there was even a Gunslinger Girl category on Fanfiction.net, myself and my friends Ministry Agent (he was the first ever) and Deckman were running a little C2 category for Gunslinger Girl under 'Miscellaneous Anime' called Tales from the SWA, which archived the earliest works of Gunslinger Girl fanfiction ever, including my own. We lobbied and lobbied for a Gunslinger Girl category, which we eventually got after six months or so. It's pretty sad that MA and Deckman don't really write anymore, though - MA hasn't answered my e-mails for three years now, and I've more or less added an I to his initials already (MIA).

The features and sketches you present are brilliant ones. Among my own favorites are Army Protection Racket, Archeology Today, The Cheese Shop, The Bavarian Restaurant and Science Fiction Sketch. The Python crew were nothing short of comedic geniuses, really - I love their work, and have even been inspired to write stories based on their quirky blend of humor.

Your kind words I am extremely thankful for, HK. I hope you have a rollicking good time perusing my material.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 6:47

Welcome HK.

What SMG would you prefer, MP5a3, Ump or MP7 PDW?
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 10:04

Well welcome to the party. Roll initiative...
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 11:22

I've got to hand it to you Nachtsider, you write like a pofessional author and your descriptions are far more varied and luxurious than anything I could possibly hope to achive. I Liked the concept of 'Battlezone' very much.
I wonder, do we acutally find out when exactly Gunslinger Girl is set? I had in the very near future but you portray it in the recent past. I't would help me with my idea if I knew which year it is set in.
I also very much enjoyed Triela's private investigations.

Would you like me to give further feedback here or post a review of the stories on fanfiction.net?

I'm reading yours now LoC978 and then I'll read yours Probit return.

Which SMG? Well my heart says MP5A3 (ledgend) all the way! But my head would have the MP7 ( High Practicality) I reckon.

Thanks for the welcome Wileama.

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 13:39

Well, if I'm awesome today, you may have a bit more from me to read today (chapter 2 from Memories, the first chapter to a sidestory of Memories, and maybe chapter 2 also, not sure yet, and maybe even a rough working of my Boondock Saints/GSG crossover. I'm really eager to get that onto paper... or harddrive, whichever comes first). It might be a good day for me.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 14:44

My timeline of canonical events puts the SWA as coming into conception on the cusp of this new millennium, HK, with Angie arriving in 2000, Triela in 2001 and Rico, Henrietta, Claes and Elsa (in that order) in 2002, with events after Season One extending well into the present day. Liesel and Aharon were roboticized shortly after Triela in 2001, while Emilio became Meir almost immediately after being shot by Rico at the Hotel Villa Gatti in April 2002. The events of 'Battlezone' take place after the Villa Gatti mission (obviously), prior to Elsa's death and possibly prior to Raballo's demise, too.

I'm glad to know you liked my stories, and appreciate the praise. The detailed descriptions are something of a trademark - it's a rule of mine that authors should describe the scenes in their stories to the point where next to nothing is left to the imagination. And where feedback is concerned, reviews on Fanfiction.net itself should do just nicely.

Much obliged to you, my friend.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 17:06

Which SMG? Well my heart says MP5A3 (ledgend) all the way! But my head would have the MP7 ( High Practicality) I reckon.

bloody right you are, MP5A3 is the best, i'd go with the MP7 choice as well.
your alright mate Wink
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 20:32

Fanfiction reading Marathon finnished! All you guys are so good! I can't wait to read more. I've left a review of chapter 1 for you ,Probit Return and one for 'Rebirth of a Queen' LoC978. Really good stuff!

If you will forgive me Nachtsider, I will review your stories properly in the morning as I fear I am too tiered at the moment to do them justice. You already have so much feedback, I hope I will be able to offer something worthwhile...

Heh thanks , glad you think the same Tommygunner70,the MP5 will always be 'The standard by which all else are judged' Very Happy

By the way: "bloody right you are, MP5A3 is the best, i'd go with the MP7 choice as well.
your alright mate"
Sounds like it came straight from Gaz or Captain Price from CoD4. Like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 20:54

HK-Fan wrote:I wonder, do we acutally find out when exactly Gunslinger Girl is set?
There's not enough evidence to rule a time line out. Some, most notably Nachtsider puts it earlier, while personal I take the near future look. There are some things that in there isn't enough evidence for so it becomes a matter of opinion. This is one of those things.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Utsurokuri Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 21:52

Hello and welcome to the forums~ Very Happy
Utsurokuri
Utsurokuri

Female

Forum Posts : 101

Fan of : -points to avatar-

Original Characters : TBA

Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 24 Feb 2008 - 4:26

HK-Fan wrote:If you will forgive me Nachtsider, I will review your stories properly in the morning as I fear I am too tiered at the moment to do them justice. You already have so much feedback, I hope I will be able to offer something worthwhile...

No worries, HK - please do take your time.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Sun 24 Feb 2008 - 9:32

HK-Fan wrote:"bloody right you are, MP5A3 is the best, i'd go with the MP7 choice as well.
your alright mate"
Sounds like it came straight from Gaz or Captain Price from CoD4. Like it.

LOL! so you play it as well uh?
actually, yeah, it does sound like it came from them. they rock, thats for sure.

but actually i was trying to mimic that British accent in my writing there. and it seems like i was successful in that respect.

Favorite line of mine from CoD4. "How did a Mupid like you pass through training than eh?"

BTW: First personal objective on every mission of mine.

Lose the damn american weapon and exchange it for the following weapons: HK MP5, HK MP5SD, HK G3, HK G36C or HK USP :face:
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 0:27

Welcome,HK!!

:face:
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2008 - 13:12

Thanks for the welcome Emperor ^^.

"Lose the damn american weapon and exchange it for the following weapons: HK MP5, HK MP5SD, HK G3, HK G36C or HK USP :face:"

So damn true! Those are the only weapons I use online too. Mainly the MP5 even though I could use the P90 by now. I play as a ghost, the MP5 is a must.

Thats a good line from, Cpt. Price but his best moment has to be when he finds Al-Ashad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2008 - 13:58

"Lose the damn american weapon and exchange it for the following weapons: HK MP5, HK MP5SD, HK G3, HK G36C or HK USP What a Face"

Meh, scratch those.

I go for the StG 44 :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 28 Feb 2008 - 15:04

The Haenel is truly an exemplary weapon, Panzer.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 11:41

HK-Fan wrote:
So damn true! Those are the only weapons I use online too. Mainly the MP5 even though I could use the P90 by now. I play as a ghost, the MP5 is a must.

Oh Yeah! MP5SD, i prefer the P90 over the MP5 Especially when the P90 has the silencer yeah.

HK-Fan wrote:Thats a good line from, Cpt. Price but his best moment has to be when he finds Al-Ashad.

LOL! yeah, when he throws a Flashbang in, when it blows he charges in, shooting two goons and punchs down Al-Ashad.

I like the bit where he listens to the phone, Drops it and while turning around grabs a Cold and offs Al-Ashad.

Captain McMillan also has some fine lines. "It's that damn helicopter, Snipe the bastard!"Razz
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 12:10

Voice 1: "We're going in fast, and hard."
Voice 2: "Surely you can't be serious."
Voice 1: "I am, and don't call me Sheryl."

I can't do that level in sixty seconds, it's fucking impossible.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 1 Mar 2008 - 17:44

Yeah thats the scene. Bloody Brilliant, he is a one man army.

True, true, Captain McMillan is ace too, and he's a Scot which makes his lines all the better.

I keep replaying that epilogue mission trying to convince myself that Voice 1 is Captain Price. He just can't die, he's too badass.

I know the guy you play as in the epilogue is Soap, no-one else in the game is THAT good with an MP5 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum