Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concert!!

+2
Tommygunner70
Triela
6 posters

Go down

Concert!! Empty Concert!!

Post by Triela Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 14:59

I'm going to leave in a little while to go see... Linkin Park!!!! I'm soooo excited!! ^____^ I'll make sure to take tons of pics and vids!! ^_^ Well I guess since I made this topic what concerts have you guys been to?

My first concert was Clay Aiken (yes I'm a fan of his) ^_^
American Idol concert (I didn't really want to go...)
J-Rock Revolution (Miyavi!!!!!!) <33333
Projekt Revolution 07 (To see LP of corse, and MCR!)
And now this Linkin Park concert... I'm so happy!! ^____^
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Concert!! Empty Re: Concert!!

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 16:23

Not a Linkin Park fan myself, but yay for concerts.

My first concert was Weezer on their Enlightenment tour. I had a blast at the time, but in hindsight, a huge open-air venus isn't the best match for Weezer.

The most memorable concert I've ever been to was Lucky Boys Confusion. I don't like LBC nearly as much as I used to, but it was the most intense, high energy show ever. They performed in a tiny indoor skate park out in the middle of nowhere.

Other bands I can remember seeing live (some were openers) in no particular order: Ben Folds (multiple times, always a good show), Rx Bandits (good music, kind of bad live), Reel Big Fish, The Fray (before they were well known... was awesome to hear them on Scrubs afterwards), Yellow Card (was in college gym feet from giant speakers... my ears rang for the next few days), and some other minor acts that were awesome but can't remember the names of.

HALCALI are coming to ACen (anime con in Chicago) this year and it's really tempting to go since I love their music. But I dunno if I want to spend $40 to get in plus other expensise for what may only be a half hour set or something. The rest of the guest list (last I looked) was underwhelming at best. And apparently High and Mighty Color performed last year... wish I'd known about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 17:08

Ah shit...

its good news but not for me Triela. my, my mother and sister are into Linkin Park, but i am not paying the cash to travel all the way over to the US of A just to see them.

I'll wait for Them to preform here, or i'll catch them on TMF or MTV.
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 1:28

OMG you guysss!! I had SUCH an AMAZING time!!! ^___^ I can't even begin to discribe the awesomeness that is Linkin Park... My arms and my feet hurt... and my throat is on fire... but it was all worth it! God!! Linkin Park is the BEST ever!!! <3333 I hope to get the vids up really soon! ^_^
Triela
Triela

Female

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 3:39

Not really into Linkin Park (hell, I don't really listen to whatever's on the radio these days)...

Hmmm, concerts I've been to eh?

Hatebreed, Between The Buried and Me, Chimaira, Iced Earth, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Bad Religion, Zebrahead, Long Beach Short Bus, Long Beach Dub All Stars, Nobody Cares.... probably more, but those are off the top of my head.

Oh, and I don't know if you'd count these as concerts but...:

Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyk, Chicane, The Thrillseekers, Ronski Speed, Alex M.O.R.P.H., Daft Punk, GTR
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Forum Posts : 618

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Utsurokuri Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 15:31

Linkin Park is pretty cool. Doesn't matter that their sound has changed but I still like it. I still haven't been to a concert yet....epic fail for me. XD
Utsurokuri
Utsurokuri

Female

Forum Posts : 101

Fan of : -points to avatar-

Original Characters : TBA

Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 17:05

Sintendo wrote:Oh, and I don't know if you'd count these as concerts but...:

Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyk, Chicane, The Thrillseekers, Ronski Speed, Alex M.O.R.P.H., Daft Punk, GTR

Armin van Buuren: Good Dutch Power!!!

i heard his stuff, but i dont really like it personally.

Daft Punk: Kick ass musing from a pair of french guys.

also there music anime "Interstella 5555" is also very good.

its basically a anime which tells a story through music only. no chatting or dialog to the anime its self minus a few things being writen in the scenes them selfs some times.

just music with Lyrics and the anime running in the back ground.

really enjoyable.

the others that really ring a bell for me sadly.
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 19:44

Back in 2004 I went to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in Hyde Park. I remember that the opening band got booed off the stage. It was some punk-rocker chick band playing 90's pop muic. It was awful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 22 Jul 2008 - 13:08

Well I'm gonna go to Projekt Revolution today. I can't wait!! ^___^ I'm gonna go see Linkin Park and a lot of bands I don't know. Razz LP is the headliner and that's all I care about. ^o^ I'll post all about it tomorrow! ^__^
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2008 - 15:09

Never went to concerts before...except School Concerts at the end of the year performed by the school band.

Spend my savings on improving the Airsoft club and buying models :p

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Wed 23 Jul 2008 - 15:50

Utsurokuri wrote:I still haven't been to a concert yet....epic fail for me. XD

Same...

Something wierd happened though. When my sister went on her geography trip this year (to Barcelona), Emma Pollock did a Spain tour. Same start and end dates as the trip *freaked out*
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Wed 23 Jul 2008 - 18:02

I guess you're all wondering about Projekt Rev... maybe this will tell you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Y90lBsPYQ

Spoiler:

I was right in the front so I got tons of vids! I could ALMOST feel Chester's sweat... almost... ;_; I was VERY close... if only I was one row in front I could have been able to go right up to the stage and touch him. (No mosh pit) =D

I can't put it into words how AMAZING Linkin Park is. Super special awesome doesn't even come close to how amazing they are... amazing isn't even a good word! @_@

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxdpZpKkf64

I loved Mike's little fake drumming in that vid! ^o^ They're all so funny! ^_^

Speaking of drumming Rob is phenominal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1VyE0hy490

I'm exhausted and my throat and feet still hurt but Linkin Park is alllll worth it! I hope to have more vids up soon! ^____^

Concert!! Channel_icon
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2008 - 22:55

Tommygunner70 wrote:

I am so jealous of you right now. Europe has all the good techno. :sad:

Hmm, I'm planning to see a Radiohead concert when they come around 'round November or so. But most local shows around here serve booze and they are crazy strict about under 18's. I'm not trucking my ass into Boston just to get kicked out and get catcalled on the streets at night.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 23 Jul 2008 - 23:15

'bout time I posted here, I suppose...

I've been to more damn concerts than I can rightly remember, most of 'em either Ozzfest, Warped, or small-time local stuff (recently it's all been small time local stuff)...

the only headliners I remember clearly were quite a while ago:
I went to the Sick&Twisted tour (I think in 2000) and saw KoRn and Staind (this was before Staind went all soft, thank Cthulu)...
I also went to AC/DC's Stiff Upper Lip tour (in... 2002? Can't remember). Slash's Snakepit was supposed to open for 'em, but didn't make it, so they had a local blues band (who were actually pretty decent) open for 'em. I do believe that was the best concert I've ever been to...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Fri 25 Jul 2008 - 10:40

Here are my Projekt Revolution pictures!!!! I took a lot more but they came out blurry so I'm posting the best ones! =D

Spoiler:
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Fri 25 Jul 2008 - 10:47

Kelly Beansprout wrote:
Tommygunner70 wrote:

I am so jealous of you right now. Europe has all the good techno. :sad:

I know, but I don't really listen to Techno

Kelly Beansprout wrote:I'm not trucking my ass into Boston just to get kicked out and get catcalled on the streets at night.

Lol, Guess you'd better have someone with you who is an able fighter.

I myself have kicked plenty of asses when I went with my sister to see a show of a local band. Reason for me having to kick asses? Drunk people tend to do stupid things, like laying there fingers on my sister.

snipe
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down