Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you first get interested in GSG?

+57
Jackal
Tross
Three Dog
Thescarredman
Nuke is Good
sage44
JameyoftheMegacosmos
Richarddr1234
KEN_giovanni
Godot
windfish55
SPARTAN 119
124C41
sdp2501
Jacen Starslayer
Dreamcast05
FearTheLASERFACE
glow
Chris Hansen
tremec6speed
Kiara
Trimutius
Nic2001
taraswizard
theprodigalson
Awinnell
Triela Hilshire
DaGuyEvery1Knows
maverick375
Alfisti
Professor Voodoo
austinhowell
MikhailN
Robert Frazer
hydra282
Ghostfriendly
tsundere9kagami2
GP
Secchan
Kiskaloo
emperor
TTIO
Ggultra2764
Whatface
boomer_gonz
Danjo3
Sakura
Utsurokuri
ElfenMagix
Tommygunner70
Probit Return
LoC978
West Nile
Wileama
Nachtsider
Sintendo
Triela
61 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 5 Empty Re: How did you first get interested in GSG?

Post by KEN_giovanni Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 1:38

Fairly sorry about the mixup on my previous post, I'm new here plus I'm on an iPhone

KEN_giovanni

Forum Posts : 58

Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 5 Empty Re: How did you first get interested in GSG?

Post by Alfisti Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 1:59

KEN_giovanni wrote:Fairly sorry about the mixup on my previous post, I'm new here plus I'm on an iPhone
Ugh, trying to work this place on an iPhone: nightmare.

Welcome to the boards though. Make sure to pop over to the "Come Say Hello" board and make a thread so everyone can get to know you. Very Happy

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by KEN_giovanni Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 2:04

Thanks man!

KEN_giovanni

Forum Posts : 58

Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Richarddr1234 Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 12:06

I think I got hooked around 2005. Thats when they showed GSG on animax in my country. Helps I'm a bit of a lolicon

Richarddr1234

Forum Posts : 12

Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 15:47

Tell you the truth, I got into it recently. I remember seeing a trailer for the anime a few years ago and I recalled it every now and then until I decided to learn more.

Last edited by JameyoftheMegacosmos on Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 7:17; edited 1 time in total

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Forum Posts : 167

Registration date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 6:54

i found it quite by accident... I was looking on youtube for the Mercenaries 2 theme song (Oh no you didn't) and I came across a vid with Gunslinger Girl clips... so I said: this looks interesting... so I watched the first season and felt in love ^^. This was actually my first anime, and was not long ago, in 2008 if I remeber correct. Then I read the manga and loved it even more. And till this day, it is still my favourite manga/anime series. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by sage44 Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 18:40

Well I literrally did not mean to find gunslinger girl... literally a younger friend of mine showed me a picture of a young girl. A few months later ( still 2011 about the end of summer vaca ) she found the show the pivture came from and showed me.

sage44

Forum Posts : 72

Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 10:00

Animenext 2005 viewing rooms.

To be honest that convention introduced me to a few animes that I still like to this day.

GSG
Jubei Chan
Scrapped Princess

Nuke is Good

Forum Posts : 326

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 20:21

Nice... I always try to scope out the viewing rooms since you might find something you like epecially at teh bigger conventions

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Fri 30 Mar 2012 - 22:42

The anime was on my list of Netflix recommendations after I'd given 'Grave of the Fireflies' five stars. Depressing, huh? But I gave it a look and was captured. I couldn't get the image of Elsa and Lauro lying in the park like broken toys out of my head until I'd written a 50K-word fanfic about it and posted it on FFnet. Then I discovered this site, joined up, started reading the manga and saw how far off canon I was.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 31 Mar 2012 - 0:12

Thescarredman wrote:The anime was on my list of Netflix recommendations after I'd given 'Grave of the Fireflies' five stars. Depressing, huh?
Grave of the Fireflies was terrific. A totally unflinching peek at a period and place in history that we westerners know so little about.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 31 Mar 2012 - 1:53

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Thescarredman wrote:The anime was on my list of Netflix recommendations after I'd given 'Grave of the Fireflies' five stars. Depressing, huh?
Grave of the Fireflies was terrific. A totally unflinching peek at a period and place in history that we westerners know so little about.

Agreed on all accounts!! Grave of the Fireflies is still #1 on my all-time feature list. Anime or otherwise.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 6:26

It was recomeded to me by a freind when I made fun of his wallpaper, it was smoething like 'Children with guns? What rubbish will Japan come up with next?'. Then he told me a little about, gave me seasons one and two to watch, and I was hooked. Now that I think about it, every time i make fun of an anime he watches (calling it stupid or somthing like that), I watch a little and enjoy it, thus eating my words about it being stupid. That's karma for you.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 1:11

I kind of decided to check out the anime on a whim. I saw it on an anime site and decided to check it out. I watched the first episode, and enjoyed the whole anime, all the way to the end. I didn't actually check out Il Teatrino till much later though. Anyways, I kind of just watched the 13 episode anime and left it at that(at that point it was my third favorite anime). One day my younger cousin talked about this great series called "Gunslinger Girl", and asked if I'd heard of it. Of course I said I had. I was a little surprised, since he was 13 at the time, and GG never struck me as an anime that appealed to a younger audience. He then talked about wanting to check out the manga. I decided to check it out too, on a whim, and picked up the first omnibus. Needless to say, I really enjoyed it, then watched the original anime again, which moved up two slots to become my favorite after that. I read a little manga before that, after hanging out with some classmates from my Japanese class, who were all really into it, but it never caught on as a hobby of mine, until I started reading the Gunslinger Girl manga. Now I actually prefer manga to anime. Go figure. Razz Well, that's my story, and the rest is history.
Tross
Tross

Male

Forum Posts : 122

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : None. I don't write fanfic.

Comments : N/A

Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackal Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 11:44

When I was 14, my favourite book was 'The Gunslinger' by Stephen King. It had a big impact on my life, and I must've read it about a hundred times. Soon after this, I usually googled things to do with 'Gunslingers', and stumbled across something called 'Gunslinger Girl'. Reading the summary on wikipedia, I thought I'd give the first chapter a read, and got hooked How did you first get interested in GSG? - Page 5 678465
Jackal
Jackal

Male

Forum Posts : 16

Fan of : Pinocchio, Triela, Jean

Original Characters : None

Registration date : 2012-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 19:02

The last year when I was in vacations at 1am, I wanted to watch an anime with bullets, action, guns, etc, so I just started searching. I saw the title "Gunslinger Girl", with the pic of Henrietta on the sofa, and then I clicked... Watched the 1st episode that day, and I loved it.

Back to top Go down

Post by kainoa123 Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 4:29

I was at a friends house playing OSU when I came across a certain song. The song sounded fun so I tried it. Upon hearing the intro I was amazed at his good it was and couldn't actually complete the song because I was too awestruck. I listed to it a few times on YouTube then realized it was tied to an anime. I'd never even seen an anime before but I knew was hooked. I guess the rest is history albeit recent history.

kainoa123

Male

Forum Posts : 2

Fan of : Gsg

Original Characters : none

Comments : Just want to leave one

Registration date : 2014-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 13:07

So, what was the song?
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Cad Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 16:30

Well my english is not good, but i was looking for a very sad/romantic anime ending at yahoo questions and someone recommended (3 month ago) gunslinger girl .

I have a question, anyone know if there ll have a new season?

Cad

Male

Forum Posts : 1

Fan of : GSG

Original Characters : AD

Comments : -------

Registration date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 23:14

Cad wrote:Well my english is not good, but i was looking for a very sad/romantic anime ending at yahoo questions and someone recommended (3 month ago) gunslinger girl .

I have a question, anyone know if there ll have a new season?

Highly unlikely. The Manga is also better IMO. Go figure 

If you want more, its on the interweb. Feel free to ask for a link to it, if you want.

As for myself...That was literally a year ago...

Before I was into anime and manga, I had stumbled upon Vocaloid while looking up (of all things) Mass Effect fanart on deviantART. An artist had created a comic based off the Vocaloid song "Triple Baka" substitudting Miku, Teto, and Neru for Shepard, Wrex and Garrus...Needless to say it was hilarious. Links: Here and Here

So I got interested in Vocaloid, and listened to that kind of music for about six months. During that time I liked a page on Facebook called: Cool story bro, but it needs more Miku.

So on February 11, 2013 they posted a picture of the front and back cover to the first season of the anime. The page admin was wondering why it was so great. So me being curious after reading the synopsis, went to investigate this "Gunslinger Girl" anime-thingy. (Here)

Found it on Netflix, watched it all. The rest is history.

No clue why I dug all that stuff up...lol  sweat

Last edited by PolosElite23 on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 23:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..fixing stuff in the long post...)
PolosElite23
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 936

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicola_Noto Sun 16 Feb 2014 - 22:22

Gunslinger Girl is the anime that got me into anime, my friend loved anime and wanted me to watch Soul Eater on Netflix. After a few episodes I was getting really bored of it and decided I'd go find something else to watch. After a few minutes Gunslinger Girl caught my eye because of my fascination with guns I decided to give it a try and I instantly loved it.
Nicola_Noto
Nicola_Noto

Male

Forum Posts : 4

Fan of : Anything Rico Croce

Original Characters : N/A

Comments : N/A

Registration date : 2014-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 23:41

PolosElite23 wrote:Found it on Netflix, watched it all. The rest is history.
Nicola_Noto wrote:wanted me to watch Soul Eater on Netflix. After a few episodes I was getting really bored of it and decided I'd go find something else to watch. After a few minutes Gunslinger Girl caught my eye

Interesting.  It's too bad GsG is no longer available on Netflix streaming...seems it caught a few people's interest that way.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 Tue 18 Feb 2014 - 0:08

Professor Voodoo wrote:
PolosElite23 wrote:Found it on Netflix, watched it all. The rest is history.
Nicola_Noto wrote:wanted me to watch Soul Eater on Netflix. After a few episodes I was getting really bored of it and decided I'd go find something else to watch. After a few minutes Gunslinger Girl caught my eye

Interesting.  It's too bad GsG is no longer available on Netflix streaming...seems it caught a few people's interest that way.
I was sad when it came off. With a few other animes that had gotten me into anime as well.
PolosElite23
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 936

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5