Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misc Anime and Manga (and Shows and Books)

+9
Kiskaloo
Officer_Charon
Awinnell
Il Direttore
tsundere9kagami2
Alfisti
Thescarredman
Triela
taerKitty
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Misc Anime and Manga (and Shows and Books)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Misc Anime and Manga (and Shows and Books)

Post by tremec6speed Sat 9 Aug 2014 - 16:17

You're welcome! Smile Yeah, Cut Time is cool!  head bang

tremec6speed

Forum Posts : 2037

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Misc Anime and Manga (and Shows and Books)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Misc Anime and Manga (and Shows and Books)

Post by Triela Sat 13 Sep 2014 - 2:26

I HATE that I didn't get into Tiger and Bunny years ago. It is the best anime I've seen in a long time. I saw some pictures when it first came out and wrote it off as a mech anime. I recently got a grab box from AmiAmi and it came with a bunch of random figures. One of them was Ivan from Tiger and Bunny. (turns out Ivan is also my favorite character) I loved his design and thought, what the heck? I watched all 25 episodes in 2 days. It's full of action, it's funny, it has a different concept when it comes to super heroes fighting crime, and the animation is fantastic. (The only place it was lacking slightly was the music, but it's by no means awful) I cried 5 times for these character through the course of the show. I will defiantly go back to this one for years to come. Now to watch the movie and wait for the second one... Very Happy

Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Forum Posts : 2746

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Sat 13 Sep 2014 - 5:19

It made you cry? I love scenes that make the viewer cry! I'm on it!

taerKitty

Forum Posts : 1211

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 13 Sep 2014 - 5:48

Triela wrote:I HATE that I didn't get into Tiger and Bunny years ago.
Great show. I was late on the band wagon with it as well, but definitely worth the watch.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Sat 13 Sep 2014 - 18:41

I wouldn't say Agatha Hetrodyne, Girl Genius is done in manga style, but it is certainly enjoyable!

taerKitty

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Tue 16 Sep 2014 - 12:03

New topic:  What anime series have instrumental OP or EDs?

taerKitty

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 16 Sep 2014 - 13:09

Cowboy Bebop comes to mind.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 26 Sep 2014 - 6:07

taerkitty wrote:New topic:  What anime series have instrumental OP or EDs?
Baccano! (which was an awesome series too, by the way)?

Geneshaft?

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 9:22

The covers for the first two (of four) Japanese Blu-ray / DVD releases of the second season of Yama no Susume have been revealed:

Volume 01

Misc Anime and Manga (and Shows and Books)  - Page 2 YnS_BR1

Volume 02

Misc Anime and Manga (and Shows and Books)  - Page 2 YnS_BR2

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 9:28

Kawaii...
PolosElite23
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 936

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 21:47

Alfisti wrote:
taerkitty wrote:New topic:  What anime series have instrumental OP or EDs?
Baccano! (which was an awesome series too, by the way)?

Geneshaft?

Baccano! was indeed an excellent, if slightly opaque, anime.  

Geneshaft's OP was not to my liking.

===

I agree.  Kisk has this ability to find kawaii shows!
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 9:48

Battle Fairy Yukikaze

Yukikaze occurs in the early 21st century. Thirty-three years before the events of the series, an alien force known as the JAM invaded Earth through a dimensional portal that appeared over Antarctica. Without alarming the general public, the United Nations establishes a defense force to oppose the threat and after a series of bloody battles, managed to push the enemy back to the other side of the portal. The UN establishes five bases on a planet named "Fairy" to continue the offensive against the JAM with the Fairy Air Force (FAF) leading the way. The main character, Lt Rei Fukai, pilots the Super Sylph B-503 fighter, nicknamed "Yukikaze", an advanced armed tactical reconnaissance plane equipped with a near-sentient AI system, and belongs to the FAF's recon squadron, the Boomerang Squadron. Over the course of the series, Fukai and the FAF struggles to defeat the JAM, who have perfected the art of human cloning and planted agents all over the FAF.

Did not enjoy this nearly as much as I thought I would, but I think that is in part that I found it kind of hard to follow and the characters mostly uninteresting so I never really connected with them and didn’t much care what happened to them.

I’d recommend the original Area 88 OAVs, Macross Plus or Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu, instead.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 15:37

Waiting in the Summer / Ano Natsu de Matteru - OVA

Two years after the end of the series, Tetsuro finds a reel of film at Kaito's house. Kaito remembers it was made as a test film, so everyone could get use to being filmed….The test reel finishes and Kanna, Mio and Tetsuro turn up at Kaito's house with fireworks and sparklers. The friends reminiscence about old times.

In many ways, this was the ending denied to me in the original series two years prior. I’ve boycotted buying the US release because of said ending (which I felt ruined what was a solid show), but if this comes out in the US, I would reverse that decision because I could skip episodes 11 and 12 and just play this one after episode 10.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 22:36

Tamako Love Story

Pretty much perfect.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 6 May 2016 - 8:15

Just finished the 15th and final volume of Knights of Sidnonia. Really hope this show gets a third season because it would be epic.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum