Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma's Roadtrip Journal/Photo Album

+6
Alfisti
tremec6speed
boomer_gonz
Professor Voodoo
Officer_Charon
taerKitty
10 posters

Go down

Emma's Roadtrip Journal/Photo Album Empty Emma's Roadtrip Journal/Photo Album

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012 - 7:34

In about a month or so, I will be taking the tarp off of my old 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner. Why? Because nostalgia told me to do so. I've been doing roadtrips for half my life, and this time, y'all are coming with me. I will be writing down what happens, what I see, or just stuff really.
If I can, I'll even take pictures and share them with you guys.

Though I am going to Denver, my route is not exact. I like to take it slow and watch the scenery. So, when I start, I'll probably be talking about my car, and why Denver of all places. Til then, Emma, out.

Back to top Go down

Emma's Roadtrip Journal/Photo Album Empty Re: Emma's Roadtrip Journal/Photo Album

Post by taerKitty Sun 14 Oct 2012 - 11:22

Yay you! I expect to see lots of pictures here!
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1211

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Emma's Roadtrip Journal/Photo Album Empty Re: Emma's Roadtrip Journal/Photo Album

Post by Officer_Charon Sun 14 Oct 2012 - 18:18

Dude, awesome! I am so jealous, it's not even funny!
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sun 14 Oct 2012 - 18:33

I did Air Force technical school in Denver (Lowry Air Force base, long gone now)...cool town, I enjoyed it. Have fun on your road trip, it seems like a great idea given recent circumstances.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012 - 19:02

Did I mention it will be 8 months?

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Sun 14 Oct 2012 - 19:43

That's a hell of a long leave...
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012 - 19:52

My tour got shortened. Dont ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sun 14 Oct 2012 - 21:40

Well in this case a short tour makes for a long road trip. Happy Trails and enjoy that wind blowing through your hair. Very Happy
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 3:43

May you enjoy the road and the music of your roaring V8....
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 6:11

Lets do this!

I'm in the middle of a suspension upgrade, followed by inspections later today. Once we do this.....bam. Ready to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 6:17

Sounds like one helluva trip. As Charon said: envy... one of these days I'll find the time for that sort of thing.

One of these days.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 6:19

I can honestly say that I hope to start today, gimme a head start. Just gotta get this heap through inspection. Haven't driven it in years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 6:25

Don't want to yell you how to suck eggs: but it might be worth paying particular attention to the bushings then... bad experience with an Alfa which had been laid up for 18 months prior to my purchasing it.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 6:29

Like I said, inspections. State regulation inspections, as well. So they'll know.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 7:21

Ah yes. Dreaded tales of the DMV, DOT, etc.

Mine usually involve smog regs. (i.e. "What do you mean it failed because it was too clean?!!")
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 12:49

Super jelly here. Any chance you can make it to the Seattle area? You can get two-for-the-price-of-one: both Kisk and I live in these parts, though we've never met either.
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 13:10

Depends. I might. I could try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 16:42

Day 1: 10/15/2012
San Diego, California

I don't have pics right now, but, well, I'll get you up to speed on how things are.

THE WHEELS
(Will add pics soon)

The car I will be using for this trip is a 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner, which I named "Ruth". She's got a 426 cubic inch 7.0 liter V8 Hemi, and a 4 speed manual transmission. I custom fitted her with a new suspension kit, Paxton NOVI gear driven supercharger, and a nice matte black paintjob with red pinstriping. This is my baby, my race car and my trip car. The type of car that should never be brought on a trailer to races. She's gained me 3 track wins, and many years of fun.

THE PLAN

Drive like it's running out of style. That's all. Sightseeing, adrenaline seeking, and friends that I wanna meet.

FIRST STOP?

Arizona, why? Because I like Arizona. I have a few old friends down there, and I figured I could pay em a visit. Might see if I can squeeze in some track time too.

ANY QUESTIONS?

Seriously folks, if you have questions, comments, or recommendations for places to visit, tell me.

Until then, Emma, out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derringer Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 17:04

Safe travels chief. I can vouch for the car btw, frickin spectacular.
Derringer
Derringer

Male

Forum Posts : 5

Fan of : Anything

Original Characters : None yet!

Comments : Hmm. Some say I'm crazy. Is it okay if I agree?

Registration date : 2012-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 18:32

If you happen to be in Glendale whilst you're in AZ, I suggest that if you have a sweet tooth, drop by Cerreta Candy Company in downtown Glendale. I went there while I was in Phoenix, and their shop is amazingly cool. Most everything they sell is produced right there in the shop.
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 20:14

MP5 wrote:If you happen to be in Glendale whilst you're in AZ, I suggest that if you have a sweet tooth, drop by Cerreta Candy Company in downtown Glendale. I went there while I was in Phoenix, and their shop is amazingly cool. Most everything they sell is produced right there in the shop.

I'd be checking the web page for "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" for each city I was visiting. Hawt!
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 16 Oct 2012 - 8:57

It's been a good long while while I lived in Blythe, but last I checked in it was still there.

If you're passing through Quartzsite; I recommend Daniel's for some awesome venison and buffalo jerky. Also, if stopping to eat ask if they have anything buffalo/bison on the menu. Especially if there's a ranch close by to the area.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012 - 19:53

Day 2: 10/16/12

What went on?

Well, we got a change of plans. Being where I am, and my friend Nikki having a super nice Z06, she wants to tag along. Why the fuck not. Point is, now I have a plan. 2 other friends of mine want in on the fun. One drives a Charger Interceptor (He does Undercover Ops for a city in a state. That is all. He bought the car, therefore, the car is his.), and one drives a Hemi Cuda. Fun times people!

Oh! I forgot to mention, I got into 3 stoplight quarter mile(ish) drags with whatever decided to say boo. A 2011 Camaro SS, an El Camino, and something else. I lost against the SS, bashed the unknown, and the Camino kinda chickened out. I passed a cop once. Nothin, absolutely nothin. Charon, care to shed some light there?

Plans?

I might be going (I know I'll hit a few, but not all. Or maybe I will.) to check out some of the places y'all recommended. Why not, ya know? I plan to be out of state......soon. Idk exactly, but I'll keep everyone posted.

Peace!

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Tue 16 Oct 2012 - 19:56

Where're the pics you promised? Smile
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012 - 19:57

Oh hush, I have no camera to speak of at the moment. But when I do..............

Besides, plausible deniability. Plus, really, words do good too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012 - 20:31

Emma's Roadtrip Journal/Photo Album Snapshot_20100825_2

My prize, as it were. I gotta go to friggin Nebraska to pick this one up. Looks eerily like Kurt Russel from Escape from LA in this one. Sorta. Cute to say the least.

But toooooootally worth it.

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Wed 17 Oct 2012 - 18:40

I'm jealous of how handsome he is.
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 1:30

He's got a nice beard Yes Indeed

A very nice beard.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 2:59

Looks like he's got his serious face on. An awesome serious face at that. I can never put on a serious face without looking angry. ME jelly. Razz
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 3:39

Now if he ditched the specs and got a winter coat and a longer beard, its totally MacReady.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 8:06

Very Happy
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down