Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weapon Idiosyncrasies

+10
MP5
tremec6speed
ElfenMagix
Professor Voodoo
Nachtsider
Three Dog
dragonfire238
Alfisti
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika
John_234
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Weapon Idiosyncrasies Empty Weapon Idiosyncrasies

Post by John_234 Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 9:33

[REDACTED]

Last edited by John_234 on Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 1:59; edited 1 time in total
John_234
John_234

Male

Forum Posts : 469

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Taking a break for a while.

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Weapon Idiosyncrasies Empty Re: Weapon Idiosyncrasies

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 16:02

Weapon Idiosyncrasies Rt20+sniper+rifle
this thing...RT20 sniper rifle,fully antimaterial....the reason for me to choose Yuki wield it is unknown to myself.....
Weapon Idiosyncrasies DM-ST-86-07442
Added to that,the Haskins/RAI M500 sniper rifle,henrietta wield it in my OC,seems impractical but.......

not to forget the last thing is:
Weapon Idiosyncrasies 76049_2
Beretta 92fs INOX two tone.....REASON,dunno...it just cool to see it...wielded by both the twin sister
Weapon Idiosyncrasies M93ri
and the ever hated Beretta 93r...i don't know why.....also wielded by both of them (ai and yuki)

Last edited by KuroNeko on Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 5:40; edited 1 time in total
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 5:12

Well, I don't think it's any secret that my weapon choices are as much styalistic and driven by portraying the characters using them as by functionality, and it would be resonably safe to say Jethro + Monty's personal firearms could be described as somewhat idosyncratic. From a purely technical perspective there are much, MUCH better options out there. Both use pistols chambered in 7.65mm, and both use pistols of an old design. Undergunned by most standards they may be, especially considering those are the only guns they carry on a regular basis, but I think it suits the characters, and speaks about their use of said guns, and views on how and when the firearms should be employed.... I wonder if the SWA higher-ups have ever tried to get them to trade to something more modern/powerful.

There are technical reasons for the choices of gun and round as well, but I don't think that's a discussion for this thread.

Jethro uses a SIG P230:

Weapon Idiosyncrasies 5927275853_7dce0ef023

I was trying to find a picture of one with a bit more wear on it as he has been using the same SIG for years, litterally since his his early days in the British Secret Intelligence Service. So far it's gone "bang" every time he's asked it to go "bang", and that's good enough for him. When it comes to trusting his life to equipment, Jethro likes things with a few thousand reliable miles on them with the attitude of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". He also tends to view shooting as a last option: after talking, wheedling and running-like-hell, and so is willing to accept the smaller round... and it's primarially a defensive piece anyway. Plus I think he quietly enjoys winding up those who think he should use a bigger bullet.

Monty, of course, uses a PPK...

Weapon Idiosyncrasies Walther_PPK

...manufactured in the mid-1960s and West German stamped. Everything said for Jethro also rings true for her (bar possibly the winding up), and she's developed the attiude (keeping in mind her view is coloured by her own, more covert, work and Jethro's attitudes) that people who expound the virtues of larger rounds to her are either incapable of getting the job done without help, are over-compensating for something, or possibly both.

The PPK was originally Jethro's, something he kept around because he liked it, and when it came time to select a gun for his girl he had it cleaned up, serviced and gave it to her. Call me old-fashioned, but I still subscribe to the idea that a cyborg wakes up, she meets her handler, he gives her a gun (usually) and that seals the deal. As such it's HER gun, no-one elses, and though Monty's certainly not a gun enthusiast, she cares a great deal about this particular weapon. Not PPKs in general either, just this one.

As an aside, J+M also had (and probably kept, still working on that one) a Jungle Carbine in South America:
Weapon Idiosyncrasies Jungle_carbine_9

...which they got because it was British, bolt action, suited the "romantic jungle adventure" context and I happen to think it looks cool... wandering zero and blinding muzzle flash or no.

Last edited by Alfisti on Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 11:02; edited 2 times in total
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 5:46

Weapon Idiosyncrasies Marlin10

My OC Abigail will sometime carry this Marlin 336cs .35 remington lever action rifle when hunting targets that are hiding in the woods, the rifle has sentimental value to her as it used to be her fathers. she used to hunt deer with it now she uses it to hunt a more dangerous pray.
dragonfire238
dragonfire238

Male

Forum Posts : 85

Fan of : all

Original Characters : -Abigail-cyborg/daughter -Leonard Casey- handler/father

Comments : a wise man once said "goo goo ga ga"

Registration date : 2012-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 7:07

dragonfire238 wrote:Weapon Idiosyncrasies Marlin10

My OC Abigail will sometime carry this Marlin 336cs .35 remington lever action rifle when hunting targets that are hiding in the woods, the rifle has sentimental value to her as it used to be her fathers. she used to hunt deer with it now she uses it to hunt a more dangerous pray.

classic old lever action rifle....reminds me of the olden days...
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 8:22

Smith & Wesson Model 29 (8 1/2 inch barrel)

Weapon Idiosyncrasies 350px-SW_Model_629

May not seem so od at first, until you hear that Mercedes uses it as her backup, and for no other reason than it gives her the ability to properly quote Clint Eastwood, should the opportunity arise.

Carl Gustav recoilless rifle

Weapon Idiosyncrasies 300px-Carl_Gustav_recoilless_rifle

Very, very impractical, but damn if that mother isn't awsome so I gave one to Andromeda and Victoria

M1 Carbine

Weapon Idiosyncrasies 300px-M1_Carbine_Mk_I_-_USA_-_Arm%C3%A9museum

The .30 cal rounds are under powered, but it's still used by Australia's premiere cyborg doomsday weapon, Tsuki. She picked it up in teh filed on her first mission with her handler after her M4 was knocked out of her hands and used it to save her handler. After the incident, none of the staff in the program were able to pry it from her hands, so it was decided it was easier to et her keep the thing than go throughthe trouble of yet another cyborg going spastic and killing a bunch of people on the base.

NTW 20mm

Weapon Idiosyncrasies Ntw20_1

Wielded by none other than the blood thirst CQC specailist, Victoria, who will herself admit she isn't the best sniper in the world. But, she has one anyway, even though it's bigger than she is, because like the Carl Gustav, "There might be a time she needs to use this in the furture."

M72 LAW & M18A1 Claymore

Weapon Idiosyncrasies 300px-USAF_M72_LAWWeapon Idiosyncrasies 300px-US_M18a1_claymore_mine

Tsuki uses this mean, grean, blowing up machine. It's actually the smallest rocket launcher used by the Australian army, and so Tsuki being the smallest soldier... shazzam! There isn't any real need for her to use one, however she has been trained in not only it's use, but in the use of the M18A1 Claymore as well.

There are a couple others, but I think this post is a bit long already. In summary, I though it would be cool to have a cyborg use that at some point. Razz
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 20:46

Weapon Idiosyncrasies Silenc10

not trying to stray for the topic or anything but there is one thing that I have seen in many shows and movies that just don't make sense to me, a silencer/surpressor on a revolver. the revolver is not a sealed off mechenism so all the noise that a person would try to stop would escape from around the cylinder.
dragonfire238
dragonfire238

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 20:51

dragonfire238 wrote:Weapon Idiosyncrasies Silenc10

not trying to stray for the topic or anything but there is one thing that I have seen in many shows and movies that just don't make sense to me, a silencer/surpressor on a revolver. the revolver is not a sealed off mechenism so all the noise that a person would try to stop would escape from around the cylinder.
I've never, ever seen silenced revolvers. Even in movies or TV shows.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 21:01

Nachtsider wrote:I've never, ever seen silenced revolvers. Even in movies or TV shows.
try the older american shows like Cannon, Hawaii five-o, or perry Mason. I think i have even seen it in the video game call of duty once can't remember though.
dragonfire238
dragonfire238

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 21:13

Nachtsider wrote:I've never, ever seen silenced revolvers. Even in movies or TV shows.
Sure there's been a silenced revolver in the movies; Vito Corleone uses one to kill Don Fanucci in The Godfather Part II.
Weapon Idiosyncrasies Pdvd_110
He just wraps the revolver in a towel. Laughing
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 21:38

ROFL!

by that way,the bullet trajectory path are hard to locate because of the towel....(similar to when you fire a round of 5.56 round pass the water...)
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 21:48

dragonfire238 wrote:Weapon Idiosyncrasies Silenc10

Nagant 1895. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvF4yurWSc0
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 21:54

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:
NTW 20mm

Wielded by none other than the blood thirst CQC specailist, Victoria, who will herself admit she isn't the best sniper in the world. But, she has one anyway, even though it's bigger than she is, because like the Carl Gustav, "There might be a time she needs to use this in the furture."
i've been thinking lately.....maybe in my next fanfic i will borrow her(victoria) for my next fanfic....can you destro? i want to cuple her with the other 20mm shooter Yuki,with her RT20 sniper rifle
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 23:28

KuroNeko wrote:
NTW 20mm

i've been thinking lately.....maybe in my next fanfic i will borrow her(victoria) for my next fanfic....can you destro? i want to cuple her with the other 20mm shooter Yuki,with her RT20 sniper rifle

No probs daddy-o. Just go through her character profile to make sure you're writing her properly, though the gist of it is, she doesn't like to be naked, she swears a lot, and has a tendancy to cover her self in almost all of the other persons blood and guts in CQC Razz
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 14:14

The 1895 Nagant revolver is a revolver that seals the rotating camber into the barrel, making it silencer capable.

With that said, the only weapons my OCs use are the 1911s in 45 format (except for Juanita/Katherine which have them in .38 Super format and Francesca who has a SiG 239 given to her by the SWA); an M1 Garand, an M16 with grenade launcher and an M107 (.50 caliber). They have all been trained in these weapons but except for the hand guns, are not expected to use them due to their roles. They are not snipers or a detailed attachment force. They are just individuals who just hunt down other individuals.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 16:37

KuroNeko wrote:
NTW 20mm

No probs daddy-o. Just go through her character profile to make sure you're writing her properly, though the gist of it is, she doesn't like to be naked, she swears a lot, and has a tendancy to cover her self in almost all of the other persons blood and guts in CQC Razz

i envy you all for having lust(i don't have lust...true story Weapon Idiosyncrasies 361650) so don't worry....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 1:18

Ayden sometimes uses the Saiga 12 so that she can clear out nests of terrorists in large groups. Being an experimental model that can heal faster than humans and in places where humans cannot, she can take multiple hits and keep on firing then afterward rest a bit, heal and go at it again without the constant repair/wipe process, so a weapon like the Saiga 12 works well for her. (that and a healthy supply of grrrrrrnades) bunker Weapon Idiosyncrasies ClickHandler.ashx?du=http%3a%2f%2ffrontlinearmory.com%2fgunsmithing%2fsaiga12%2fsaiga12_1lg.jpg&ru=http%3a%2f%2ffrontlinearmory.com%2fgunsmithing%2fsaiga12%2fsaiga12_1lg.jpg&ld=20120805&ap=1&app=1&c=mammaxml2&s=mammaxml2&coi=372380&cop=main-title&euip=98.111.18
Unfortunately she sometimes uses this even when not having to take on multiple targets, so in that case it can be seen as a weapon that is a bit unrealistic and overkill at times! sweat Razz
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 7:02

tremec6speed wrote:Ayden sometimes uses the Saiga 12 so that she can clear out nests of terrorists in large groups. Being an experimental model that can heal faster than humans and in places where humans cannot, she can take multiple hits and keep on firing then afterward rest a bit, heal and go at it again without the constant repair/wipe process, so a weapon like the Saiga 12 works well for her. (that and a healthy supply of grrrrrrnades) bunker Weapon Idiosyncrasies ClickHandler.ashx?du=http%3a%2f%2ffrontlinearmory.com%2fgunsmithing%2fsaiga12%2fsaiga12_1lg.jpg&ru=http%3a%2f%2ffrontlinearmory.com%2fgunsmithing%2fsaiga12%2fsaiga12_1lg.jpg&ld=20120805&ap=1&app=1&c=mammaxml2&s=mammaxml2&coi=372380&cop=main-title&euip=98.111.18

That Saiga looks mean. I like it.
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 7:04

To be honest a Saiga is pretty practical as far as autoloading shotguns go. It's no AA-12 or Jackhammer on the impracticality scale.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 12:44

tremec6speed wrote:Unfortunately she sometimes uses this even when not having to take on multiple targets, so in that case it can be seen as a weapon that is a bit unrealistic and overkill at times! Weapon Idiosyncrasies 61015 Razz

Abigail: I don't believe in overkill, because you will never know how much might not be enough.

Leonard: but keep in mind we are a secret government organization, so some level of discretion is advised.

Abigail: Does that mean I won't be getting an AA12 anytime soon.Weapon Idiosyncrasies 1371890812

Leonard: -has already secretly ordered one- no probably not
dragonfire238
dragonfire238

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 2:44

dragonfire238 wrote:
tremec6speed wrote:Unfortunately she sometimes uses this even when not having to take on multiple targets, so in that case it can be seen as a weapon that is a bit unrealistic and overkill at times! Weapon Idiosyncrasies 61015 Razz

Abigail: I don't believe in overkill, because you will never know how much might not be enough.

Leonard: but keep in mind we are a secret government organization, so some level of discretion is advised.

Abigail: Does that mean I won't be getting an AA12 anytime soon.Weapon Idiosyncrasies 1371890812

Leonard: -has already secretly ordered one- no probably not

Mercedes: Rule 37: There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 5:01

Yuki: Rule number 21: the one with the big stick doesn't mean he's gonna win...all it need is a small chainsaw....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 7:19

KuroNeko wrote:Yuki: Rule number 21: the one with the big stick doesn't mean he's gonna win...all it need is a small chainsaw....

Merecdes: Rule 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 10:06

KuroNeko wrote:Yuki: Rule number 21: the one with the big stick doesn't mean he's gonna win...all it need is a small chainsaw....

Merecdes: Rule 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Yuki
: Rule number 5: My Weakness is my STRENGTH....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 14:04

I can picture the two girls Yuki und Mercedes writing each other on the net even though they're only a few rooms away about rule # this and that, laughing as each tops the other back and forth! Razz
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 15:09

tremec6speed wrote:I can picture the two girls Yuki und Mercedes writing each other on the net even though they're only a few rooms away about rule # this and that, laughing as each tops the other back and forth! Razz
Jean: What the hell is wrong today? These range scores are terrible, the cyborgs are falling asleep in class and not one of them can complete the obstacle course with a reasonable time. It's like they're all zombies out there!

Ferro: I suggest we shut off the wireless intranet in the cyborg warehouse. (shows Jean her smart-phone) They've set up a "virtual tea party" chat group so they can continue gabbing & gossiping hours after lights-out time. Activity log reports they didn't quit messaging until 4am last night.

Jean: Weapon Idiosyncrasies 756796
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 16:26

Yuki: i get the picture....wait what ? no more WIFI?
Mercedes: what !? no more WIFI ? you gotta be joking!
Ferro: it's for your own good....
Mercedes: ah well...there is another option for that....
Yuki: Such as the agency's phone.......we'll use it 24-7....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 17:08

KuroNeko wrote:Yuki: i get the picture....wait what ? no more WIFI?

Abigail: you realise that you could also use your cell phones as wireless hotspots right, just get an unlimited data plan. I only say this because I don't want Ferro to make those phones incoming calls only.
dragonfire238
dragonfire238

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 17:41

dragonfire238 wrote:

Abigail: you realise that you could also use your cell phones as wireless hotspots right, just get an unlimited data plan. I only say this because I don't want Ferro to make those phones incoming calls only.

Ferro: i heard you.....

Abigail: f*#k my self...why do i slipped my tongue there...
Yuki & Mercedes: Abigail, one week as our servant for you my darling....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 18:21

KuroNeko wrote:
dragonfire238 wrote:

Ferro: i heard you.....

Abigail: f*#k my self...why do i slipped my tongue there...
Yuki & Mercedes: Abigail, one week as our servant for you my darling....

Abigail: umm yea no your on your own with that one.
dragonfire238
dragonfire238

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 23:08

http://rulesoftheinternet.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
dragonfire238
dragonfire238

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 1:07

I always lecture about handguns being a really poor primary weapon. As it turns out, I give Elise a "entry pistol" as a primary weapon for a hypothetical battle rig.

It's basically a IPSC-style race gun tuned for tactical work. No magna-porting, no welded comp, and a lighter overall design with a tactical light. Still has an optic, giant magazines and a good round - .357 Sig. That said a handgun is still what it is, so its existence involves a bit of handwaving on my part...
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 1:20

dragonfire238 wrote:http://rulesoftheinternet.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

what did i just read....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 1:26

John_234 wrote:I always lecture about handguns being a really poor primary weapon. As it turns out, I give Elise a "entry pistol" as a primary weapon for a hypothetical battle rig.

It's basically a IPSC-style race gun tuned for tactical work. No magna-porting, no welded comp, and a lighter overall design with a tactical light. Still has an optic, giant magazines and a good round - .357 Sig. That said a handgun is still what it is, so its existence involves a bit of handwaving on my part...

don't underestimate the power of the puny sidearm...
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 3:11

Professor Voodoo wrote:
tremec6speed wrote:I can picture the two girls Yuki und Mercedes writing each other on the net even though they're only a few rooms away about rule # this and that, laughing as each tops the other back and forth! Razz
Jean: What the hell is wrong today? These range scores are terrible, the cyborgs are falling asleep in class and not one of them can complete the obstacle course with a reasonable time. It's like they're all zombies out there!

Ferro: I suggest we shut off the wireless intranet in the cyborg warehouse. (shows Jean her smart-phone) They've set up a "virtual tea party" chat group so they can continue gabbing & gossiping hours after lights-out time. Activity log reports they didn't quit messaging until 4am last night.

Monty: Frankly I'm still at a loss as to why cyborgs even need internet, surely giving a bunch of teenagers access to the internet is just asking for security trouble.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 5:11

Alfisti wrote:
Professor Voodoo wrote:

Monty: Frankly I'm still at a loss as to why cyborgs even need internet, surely giving a bunch of teenagers access to the internet is just asking for security trouble.

Linda: I think htere's some profit to be made from an underground internet ring here at the Agency.

KuroNeko wrote:

Yuki
: Rule number 5: My Weakness is my STRENGTH....

Mercedes: 35. That which does not kill you has made a tactical error.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 5:57

Yuki: Rule number 46: if the bird is noisy, KILL IT

Ai
: Yuki-chan,who are you chatting with?
Yuki: uh...i dunno....this forum is pretty damn intense...
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 8:21

KuroNeko wrote:Yuki: Rule number 46: if the bird is noisy, KILL IT

Ai
: Yuki-chan,who are you chatting with?
Yuki: uh...i dunno....this forum is pretty damn intense...

Samuel: *flexing muscles, vein pulsing on forehead* Intense... doesn't even... fucking... describe it!

Mercedes: Rule 13: Do unto others.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 12:00

well getting back on track with the weapon idiosyncrasies I have recently decided to give Abigail a derringer .22 because it is small and can be concealed just about anywhere.

Weapon Idiosyncrasies Derrin10
dragonfire238
dragonfire238

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 13:25

Alfisti wrote:
Professor Voodoo wrote:

Amsel: At the RB, internet is a privilege. The good scores have to come before goofing off in the wee hours.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 13:36

Alfisti wrote:
Professor Voodoo wrote:

That's why I was careful to specify intranet...no link to the outside web. I agree, realistically the cyborg dormitory should have no internet access, no TV cable and no phones that dial to the outside world...none of that stuff appears in canon.

As far as fanfics go most of us have conceeded that some of the girls have mobile phones. I'm sure there's some pretty heavy restrictions placed on that too...

• All phones must be turned over to the technology department to have monitoring equipment installed.
  • If a number is dialed, or a call received from a number that that's not on the Agency approved list, the Agency knows it immediately.
  • Smartphones have restrictions on websites that can be browsed. Parent-lock is nothing compared to Handler-lock.
  • All chat, text and instant message functions are monitored by the Agency.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 13:47

Professor Voodoo wrote:As far as fanfics go most of us have conceeded that some of the girls have mobile phones. I'm sure there's some pretty heavy restrictions placed on that too...

• All phones must be turned over to the technology department to have monitoring equipment installed.
  • If a number is dialed, or a call received from a number that that's not on the Agency approved list, the Agency knows it immediately.
  • Smartphones have restrictions on websites that can be browsed. Parent-lock is nothing compared to Handler-lock.

Kara: "How about an app that warns a cyborg when they're closing in on their minutes limit, Professor?"
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 13:52

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Alfisti wrote:
Professor Voodoo wrote:

That's why I was careful to specify intranet...no link to the outside web. I agree, realistically the cyborg dormitory should have no internet access, no TV cable and no phones that dial to the outside world...none of that stuff appears in canon.

As far as fanfics go most of us have conceeded that some of the girls have mobile phones. I'm sure there's some pretty heavy restrictions placed on that too...

Amsel: Christ, don't give Marcus any ideas.

In all seriousness, Amsel and Luce probably have a relatively skewed look on how the RB works because they're not really used for intel work. They shoot people when they need to, and are more or less forgotten about otherwise.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 17:02

Triela: the line has bee tapped you know....

(now someone explain me why triela using a phone in episode 10?)
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 17:26

KuroNeko wrote:
Do you mean one of these two scenes?
Weapon Idiosyncrasies Captur48
Chapter 5

Weapon Idiosyncrasies Captur49
Chapter 26

In both cases that's a land-line phone...they're talking to an approved Agency member...and the phone is still tapped for security.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 17:31

Sherry: oh look, a telephone...
Ai; Let's prank someone..
*calling*
Jean: who's this ?
Sherry: your mother calling you from heaven.
Jean: *covering the mouthpiece* Ferro, trace this call, if this from heaven, i want to die NOW...
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 18:27

Professor Voodoo wrote:
KuroNeko wrote:
Do you mean one of these two scenes?
Weapon Idiosyncrasies Captur48
Chapter 5

Weapon Idiosyncrasies Captur49
Chapter 26

In both cases that's a land-line phone...they're talking to an approved Agency member...and the phone is still tapped for security.

Hey, that's just reality. Sometimes you have to make do even if circumstances are far from ideal.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 18:59

Sherry: "Is your refrigerator running?"
Elenora Gabrielli: "Yes it is."
Sherry: "You'd better catch it then!"
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 19:45

Professor Voodoo wrote:That's why I was careful to specify intranet...no link to the outside web. I agree, realistically the cyborg dormitory should have no internet access, no TV cable and no phones that dial to the outside world...none of that stuff appears in canon.

Point on intranet, I missed that. Frankly though, even then I could see a "cyborg" intranet being kept completely physically seperate from the Agency secure intranet, for obvious reasons. Either way it's going to be an IT nightmare waiting to happen.

As to the phone restrictions...

Monty: All sounds perfectly resonably to me. Probably worth adding that the handler should be able to find demostrable need for his cyborg to have a phone in the first place. Otherwise, why even take the risk to begin with?

Monty of course taking her usual view that broad spectrum "cyborgs shall/shall not" rulings don't apply to her, by virtue of being Monty... and in fairness, in this particular case, trying to apply restrictions and monitoring to her phone would be at cross purposes with her role.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 20:09

Kiskaloo wrote:Sherry: "Is your refrigerator running?"