Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Carver One

+8
John_234
MP5
Alfisti
Schaschanist
Professor Voodoo
Odon
FearTheLASERFACE
Il Direttore
12 posters

Go down

The Carver One Empty The Carver One

Post by Il Direttore Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 16:58

The Carver One Carver_One_2007_07

The Carver is a tilting three-wheeled vehicle using an automatic balancing technology to balance the passenger compartment under all conditions. The first commercial Carver product, the Carver One, was designed to seat two people, and manufactured and distributed by Carver Europe (formerly named Vandenbrink) in the Netherlands.

This needs to be come the standard vehicle for every fratello. Posthaste.
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Forum Posts : 1003

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Original Characters : Lieutenant James Spettro/Caterina

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

The Carver One Empty Re: The Carver One

Post by FearTheLASERFACE Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 17:28

Now THATS a...a...car?
FearTheLASERFACE
FearTheLASERFACE

Male

Forum Posts : 201

Original Characters : Subject 2-Alpha, Serina, Sarah, James Antolini, Jack Vesputchi

Comments : Kalashnikov sounds so much more bad*** than AK-47

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 5:10

I heard the company that makes them went bust as a result of the financial crisis though...

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 482

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 13:59

The idea of an enclosed motorcycle with outrigger wheels is nothing new...look through a stack of old bike magazines and you'll find similar designs all the way back to the mid 1950's (probably earlier).

These companies all run into the same problem. They think they're combining the best of the motorcycle world (fuel economy, easy parking), with the best of the car world (stability, weather protection). Unfortunately consumers see it the opposite way.

Motorcycle riders find these slow and bad handling compared to what they're used to. The outrigger wheels are not an attraction because we're not afraid that we'll tip over; being hit by cars is the real danger to motorcyclists and these are still pretty vulnerable to that.

Car drivers find these things uncomfortable and lacking in cargo space. Since buyers never bite, economy of scale never kicks in and these things remain ridiculously expensive. For example, the Swiss MonoTracer pictured here costs between $100,000-300,000. For that I could buy a bike for every day of the week...a car to carry groceries and a house to keep them in.
The Carver One Perave10
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 15:30

Yeah, but it LEANS. I mean sure, a motorbike does the same thing and it's really just an overpriced bike with ugly body work, but it's still technically a car that LEANS.

....maybe I'm the only person who think's that's cool?
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 15:34

Professor Voodoo wrote:The idea of an enclosed motorcycle with outrigger wheels is nothing new...look through a stack of old bike magazines and you'll find similar designs all the way back to the mid 1950's (probably earlier).

These companies all run into the same problem. They think they're combining the best of the motorcycle world (fuel economy, easy parking), with the best of the car world (stability, weather protection). Unfortunately consumers see it the opposite way.

Motorcycle riders find these slow and bad handling compared to what they're used to. The outrigger wheels are not an attraction because we're not afraid that we'll tip over; being hit by cars is the real danger to motorcyclists and these are still pretty vulnerable to that.

Car drivers find these things uncomfortable and lacking in cargo space. Since buyers never bite, economy of scale never kicks in and these things remain ridiculously expensive. For example, the Swiss MonoTracer pictured here costs between $100,000-300,000. For that I could buy a bike for every day of the week...a car to carry groceries and a house to keep them in.
The Carver One Perave10
Well, what should i , as a bike enthusiast, should say to the whole thing?
That: Nothing half, Nothing full.
Never drove this thing but seen it in a car magazine in TV years ago.

For the combining of both worlds: I still prefer the Messerschmitt Kabinenroller or the classical Vespa APE. They already combined bike and car in one vehicle.
The Messerschmitt was a two seater, both in a row, with three wheels, powered by a 2-stroke engine, the design was amazing.
The Carver One Tumblr_lys17k0pon1qapwlw

The Vespa on the other side is a cargo vehicle, is a two seater and was powered with various engines. the smallest was the Vespa 50ccm 4 gears engine with a highspeed of amazingly 37km/h. The larger version, even with a larger chassis, had at least 200ccm, the engine of the Vespa PX or had up to 400ccm diesel engine.
The Carver One 30457_caravan_salon_11_50Jahre_8
You even can bmake a caravan of it!

Sorry for the word choice, but other FAGS bought and developed this scum:
The Carver One MP3_ACTION_10
The Piaggio MP3, a scooter with two front wheels. I really hate this piece, because that is again a case of "nothing half, nothing full". Plus I hate sound of scooters and the "Variomatik" transmission.

The other concept i don't see a future for is the Renault Twizzy. It's a electric car, WITHOUT Side WINDOWS, and in my eyes a "1+1 seater".
The Carver One 29580_ren_twz_11_test_2
I don't know neither WHO NEEDS this thing nor who WANTS this thing. It's perhaps interesting for car sharing, but without any window you cannot leave anything like keys, wallet, MP3-player, money or anything personal thing in it. plus carrying a larger shopping cart content is difficult to absolutely impossible.

BMW already built a 2-wheel version of it, the C1 Scooter:
The Carver One Bmw_c1_bay_ha1
The design was an absolute fail, nobody bought it except the police, but even very soon got rid of it because it was just a fail, not fast enough like the BMW K1200 or R1200 the bike cops used for chasing criminals and impractical in the inner city use.

The idea to safe fuel and emmisions with using electric engines or in general more efficient, alternative fueled cars is not that bad, but the solution cannot be building cars with producing MORE CARS for LESS people, that is causing a new problem: "WHERE THE FUCK CAN I PARK MY FUCKING CARS???". Producing MORE Cars needs making more parking lots, but have you ever been in an european inner city? It's in the large cities nearly impossible, there is no room to live or building new houses (or skyscrapers) and even less room for parking lots or parking houses.
The Better solution would be to ban cars in general in inner cities like for example in the historic town of Zermatt in switzerland.

No, you don't have to reinvent the already perfect wheel from the base, just trimm/tune it more efficiently or replace the fossile fueled engine with new economic engines, eltronic, hydrogen, solar, hybrid technology, it's all there, just use it wisely and even more important in an acceptable designed car, TOYOTA or RENAULT (this is meant to the inventors of the just ugly cars like Prius or Twizzy, IQ or so)
I mean, the people WOULD buy more electric or hybrid cars, if the one youu can buy wouldn't be just so ridiculously ugly.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 816

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 21:13

El Conservatore wrote:....maybe I'm the only person who think's that's cool?
I'd certainly love to try one, but for the money I'm gonna say the vehicle falls into the category of "The Perfect Answer to a Question Nobody Asked."
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 21:18

Lulz, nice. Still, it'd be an interesting addition to a fic. Maybe Marisa commandeers one in the process of chasing a Padania agent?

Though the reason for it being there would be HIGHLY contrived.
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 5:47

I quite like the Carver, and of course love the quirkyness of the Messerschmitt... the APE though I can't take seriously: I've seen enough Pink Panther movies to know those invariably end up in swimming pools.

Personally if I was going to have something halfway between car and bike though, I'd have a...

The Carver One Morgan-3-Wheeler-2

...Morgan Three Wheeler.

Frankly I really, REALLY want one anyway. The only problem with that particular plan is that I know a few people with original ones, and I know I'd never hear the end of it if I bought a "new" one. Kinda looking for an excuse to let Jethro have one at some point as well... though if he actually managed to swing it I'm not entirely certain if the car would appeal to Monty's sense of yesteryear romanticism... or if she'd be filing for divorce.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 9:22

I take one look at the Carver, and despite its ability to lean into corners, I can see nothing bu the issue all such vehicles with that wheel layout have:

Alfisti wrote:

Personally if I was going to have something halfway between car and bike though, I'd have a...

...Morgan Three Wheeler.

I was about to say that this is my ideal three-wheeler, with this coming in at a close second, the Campagna T-Rex:

The Carver One Campag10

though if he actually managed to swing it I'm not entirely certain if the car would appeal to Monty's sense of yesteryear romanticism... or if she'd be filing for divorce.

Brian: So they are essentially a married couple...
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 15:29

The Morgan looks like you could build one in a garage. lol
John_234
John_234

Male

Forum Posts : 469

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Taking a break for a while.

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 15:38

Morgan sold the rights to the Three wheeler to an American builder, they had to buy them back to put the Three wheeler back into production !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 5:03

MP5 wrote:
though if he actually managed to swing it I'm not entirely certain if the car would appeal to Monty's sense of yesteryear romanticism... or if she'd be filing for divorce.

Jethro+Monty: *together* No.

Alfisti: Yes.

John_234 wrote:The Morgan looks like you could build one in a garage. lol
Though it may look like a slightly ropey shed-build from the 1930s (which, lets be honest here: describes most of Morgan's product line), it's one with performance to seriously worry a BMW M3 (E92) and, on a tight road I'd be willing to say there's a resonable chance the Morgan could show the Bimmer a clean set of heels, by virtue of being significantly lighter and much, much smaller.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 5:43

Alfisti wrote:
MP5 wrote:

Jethro+Monty: *together* No.

Alfisti: Yes.

John_234 wrote:The Morgan looks like you could build one in a garage. lol
Though it may look like a slightly ropey shed-build from the 1930s (which, lets be honest here: describes most of Morgan's product line), it's one with performance to seriously worry a BMW M3 (E92) and, on a tight road I'd be willing to say there's a resonable chance the Morgan could show the Bimmer a clean set of heels, by virtue of being significantly lighter and much, much smaller.

Well, everything is good at something.
John_234
John_234

Male

Forum Posts : 469

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Taking a break for a while.

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 23 Jul 2012 - 12:36

Alfisti wrote:I quite like the Carver, and of course love the quirkyness of the Messerschmitt... the APE though I can't take seriously: I've seen enough Pink Panther movies to know those invariably end up in swimming pools.

...Morgan Three Wheeler.

Frankly I really, REALLY want one anyway. The only problem with that particular plan is that I know a few people with original ones, and I know I'd never hear the end of it if I bought a "new" one. Kinda looking for an excuse to let Jethro have one at some point as well... though if he actually managed to swing it I'm not entirely certain if the car would appeal to Monty's sense of yesteryear romanticism... or if she'd be filing for divorce.

I happen to love the Morgan 3-wheeler. but its definitely out of my price range.

The hell with the Carver I must say. Fernando would refuse one because it only seats two, but I can see Jethro and Monty with a PAL-V!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgHSaNtAMjs
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Mon 23 Jul 2012 - 13:06

-_-
Puzzled
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 23 Jul 2012 - 13:35

Its a flying car based on an autogyro.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Mon 23 Jul 2012 - 14:38

????
i'm very idiot when facing a car(except for a tank and armor)...
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 15:33

KuroNeko wrote:????
I believe its being a deer staring back at headlights...
The Carver One Deer
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 16:39

ElfenMagix wrote:
KuroNeko wrote:????
I believe its being a deer staring back at headlights...
The Carver One Deer
i know...
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 13:10

Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum