Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who cares about the SOPA/PIPA Protests... SAVE THE TWINKIE!

5 posters

Go down

Who cares about the SOPA/PIPA Protests... SAVE THE TWINKIE! Empty Who cares about the SOPA/PIPA Protests... SAVE THE TWINKIE!

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 1:50

Hostess bakeries is going out of business and losing profits due to high prices of flour and sugar. They almost failed in 2008, but it looks really bad. Some of the things they make/made are: Twinkies, Snow Balls, Hostess fruit pies, Wonder Bread and other goodies. At one time, they made The Chocodile, a chocolate covered Twinkie.

The loss of Twinkies, a national icon would be a demise. The one food that was said to survive a nuclear holocaust, along with the roaches they would fight with for survival! Years ago, there was a place in Coney Island that sold Deep Fried Twinkies, but I have not seen them in a long time! I hear they do that in the Deep South.

Save a Twinkie, buy a Twinkie!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUT710fni_I
FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/savethetwinkie

Think of the alternatives: Frosted covered Krumpets or Coconut/Raspberry covered Lady Fingers by the lesser known Lovely Linda Bakeries. (The lady fingers are good in their own rite, but the krumpets are really gag-worthy!) And a world without Wonder Bread is a world with no bread at all.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Who cares about the SOPA/PIPA Protests... SAVE THE TWINKIE! Empty Re: Who cares about the SOPA/PIPA Protests... SAVE THE TWINKIE!

Post by Entropy Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 2:02

I don't care for Twinkies. I'm sure someone will make their own identical version of it if they do go out of business.
Entropy
Entropy

Male

Forum Posts : 347

Original Characters : Livia/Nero

Comments : The wonderful human being previously known as tsundere357

Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Who cares about the SOPA/PIPA Protests... SAVE THE TWINKIE! Empty Re: Who cares about the SOPA/PIPA Protests... SAVE THE TWINKIE!

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 2:13

I see a few 'fakes' here and there. They just dont taste or feel like Twinkies, and are often smaller for the same price. One I remember as a kid was rather gritty...
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 10:31

there was a woman selling imported American Candie sweets and sodas in Hereford street market,i have had my first ever Twinkie ! she was stunned when i told her it was in danger of going out of business !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 13:36

If this happens this man will be really sad.

Who cares about the SOPA/PIPA Protests... SAVE THE TWINKIE! Tumblr13

Guess I gotta go buy some Twinkies while I can so I can eat them during Zombieland.
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 17:03

Can't say I'm a big fan of Twinkies. It's been years since I've had one, and years before that since I had one. WonderBread was an icon but is now just another bread (and overly expensive at that). There are some things I will miss if Hostess fails, mainly the Ho-Hos. No doubt, it's getting difficult for the inexpensive stuff to remain cheap or in production.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum