Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Places to visit in Asia

5 posters

Go down

Places to visit in Asia Empty Places to visit in Asia

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 21:23

This summer, I'm thinking of planning a trip to Asia. I have a few countries that I may visit such as Japan, Taiwan, China, Korea, and maybe Vietnam.

If there is anything like any tourist attractions that should visit in these countries, please notify me. I like to know what's out there.

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Male

Forum Posts : 167

Fan of : Crossovers

Original Characters : Henrietta and Jose

Comments : Very interested in the series. Like to learn more.

Registration date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

Places to visit in Asia Empty Re: Places to visit in Asia

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 21:26

I'm sure each of those places has its charms. How, if I may ask, do you plan to do your traveling? It sounds like a very expensive trip.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 21:41

Japan - The Great Buddha at Kamakura, Takayama's lion dance museum, the Hikaru Memorial Museum, Mount Fuji, Shikoku and its myriad temples, Tokyo's Ginza District, the Studio Ghibli museum

China - Tunhuang, the Iron Pagoda, the Big Goose Pagoda, the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Shaolin Monastery, the Yun Gang Grottoes, Mount Tai, Sichuan's panda sanctuaries, Shi Huang Di's tomb, the West Lake of Hangzhou

Taiwan - Jade Mountain and its associated national park, the North Harbor Sea Goddess temple, White Sand Beach, Chiang Kai-Shek's memorial hall, the Tuntex Sky Tower

Vietnam - Ha Long Bay, the Cu Chi tunnel complex
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos Thu 3 Nov 2011 - 7:03

Nachtsider wrote:Japan - The Great Buddha at Kamakura, Takayama's lion dance museum, the Hikaru Memorial Museum, Mount Fuji, Shikoku and its myriad temples, Tokyo's Ginza District, the Studio Ghibli museum

China - Tunhuang, the Iron Pagoda, the Big Goose Pagoda, the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Shaolin Monastery, the Yun Gang Grottoes, Mount Tai, Sichuan's panda sanctuaries, Shi Huang Di's tomb, the West Lake of Hangzhou

Taiwan - Jade Mountain and its associated national park, the North Harbor Sea Goddess temple, White Sand Beach, Chiang Kai-Shek's memorial hall, the Tuntex Sky Tower

Vietnam - Ha Long Bay, the Cu Chi tunnel complex

Thanks for suggesting me these. I'll put them on a list so I can decide which ones I'd want to go to. Unlikely I may visit them all.

Professor Voodoo wrote:I'm sure each of those places has its charms. How, if I may ask, do you plan to do your traveling? It sounds like a very expensive trip.

What do you mean when you ask that? I know that it is very epensive and I'm actually going to go with my dad.

Also, I was wondering that if I go to Japan in the summer, there would be any anime events or attractions during that time. Where and what are things that I may like there when it comes to anime?

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Male

Forum Posts : 167

Fan of : Crossovers

Original Characters : Henrietta and Jose

Comments : Very interested in the series. Like to learn more.

Registration date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 3 Nov 2011 - 7:14

JameyoftheMegacosmos wrote:What do you mean when you ask that? I know that it is very epensive and I'm actually going to go with my dad.
I mean the amount of available resources (Places to visit in Asia 592421) often has a great influence over the trip. In Europe, Youth Hostels are very popular & inexpensive. Students also qualify for cut-rate rail passes and museum tickets. I'm sure there are such deals to be found in Asia as well.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 3 Nov 2011 - 7:16

I only made it to Tokyo when we did Japan, spent a week there (only problem with booking travel on a whim is that you run out of money quickly... having not properly saved before hand) and could easily have taken another.

Anime wise, I'll back Nacht here that the Ghibli museum is defs worth a look... though you need to book beforehand. It's also in a rather nice bit of parkland. Also, if you're chasing Anime then you'll want to visit Akihabra... which was fascinating in a sort of "Ok, kinda scared now"/geek-tastic way. I suppose you could try and line your travel up with summer Comiket as well. Personally though I like Tokyo In Winter... but I'm a cold weather person.

Oh yeah: Japanese Christmas = awesome.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by imksoon Sun 6 Nov 2011 - 3:33

If you are visiting Korea, go Jeju Island . One of finest place for vacation in Asia. Also the capital of Korea, Seoul is pretty good for vacation too. Long stream that through middle of the city, mountain Book Han San, etc... are fine places for foreign tourists.Smile
imksoon
imksoon

Male

Forum Posts : 70

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl

Original Characters : Cloe

Comments : small height but good length of lags and arms

hair style : poney tail

etc :

Registration date : 2011-10-02

Back to top Go down