Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combat Missions

2 posters

Go down

Combat Missions Empty Combat Missions

Post by Nachtsider Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 5:13

Watched and loved Combat Missions (downloadable here if you're new to this excellent series)? Then look no further than this thread should you wish to discuss the show or share your opinions on it. The floor is yours, people!
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Combat Missions Empty Re: Combat Missions

Post by sasahara17 Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 5:56

Wow, it has it's own thread now. Neat.

I've only watched the first two episodes, and it's the best reality TV show I've seen in a while (the last one was the first 'Mole' before I grew tired of it). I must admit, watching this really gets my blood pumping.

When I finish downloading the rest I'll come back. Don't wat to spoil myself at who won the thing. Ought to take a month at the rate my bittorrent is going.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 6:09

Don't worry, Sasahara - we can always just talk about the first two episodes for the time being. I promise not to go any further and possibly spoil things by doing so.

To everyone else - get those spoiler tags ready. Ya know ya have to.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 22:19

Showed it to a family member and he raised an intresting point. Who ARE the Shadow Squad anyway? It's only two episodes in, but he suspects that the 'reserves' that were called in and the dismissed/discharged team members could actually be the 'overwhelming force' that the teams have to go up against. Those replacements arrived far too quickly to have been called from anywhere else.

Spoiler:
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 22:25

That's a very interesting observation, Sasahara. However, if you take a good gander at the faces of the Shadow Squad troopers, none of them correspond to anybody who was discharged. If you go by the notion that the reserve players in the dossier room played the OPFOR, then they must have only been those who didn't end up being selected as replacements for discharged team members, for no replacement resembled any Shadow Squad soldier. The overall implication was that they were other military personnel/veterans who were brought on the show specifically to play the OPFOR, and were paid for their time.

C'est la guerre, mon ami. C'est la guerre.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 22:58

The shadow squad seemed to "play the Russian" to me. I think they were more prepared to play the role of the opposing force then simply being the non-selected candidates. They are overwhelming in number, but not intended to be overwhelming in skill. The way they behaved often seemed way too close to movie Russians. The way they fell when they got shot was performed well enough to suggest that they had practice, and they sometimes used the AK-47 in some funny ways.

(The show didn't really do it for me. I wouldn't post if it was just a reason why I didn't particularly like it, but this is relevant to the shadow squad conversation, and that's why I put it up.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 17 Jan 2008 - 0:55

Interesting you'd mention that, Klicks - in the context of the missions, Shadow Squad are actually supposed to be portraying Communist-bloc troops whenever they appear in tiger-stripe DPM.

When it all comes down to it, the OPFOR probably comprised soldiers of a lower standard compared to the Special Forces-qualified players. But as one will see throughout the series, Shadow Squad's capabilities cannot be underestimated.

Spoiler:
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sat 26 Jan 2008 - 1:16

Episode 5 finally came in.
I am beginning to cure the fact that most ISP's don't give me any better options than the one I have right now.

Spoiler:
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum