Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would my parody webcomic be considered a fan comic?

+2
Robert Frazer
WSM
6 posters

Go down

Would my parody webcomic be considered a fan comic? Empty Would my parody webcomic be considered a fan comic?

Post by WSM Sat 21 May 2011 - 20:04

Hey, y'all, what's up?
I got a question concerning what qualifies as a "fan work".
I have this webcomic--or I HAD a webcomic--which was a parody of Gunslinger Girls. Would that be considered a fan comic or not? And if so, could I host it on this forum. You see, my DeviantArt account was deleted because I was "trolling" these stupid Wapanese artists, which is fine because I'm tired of DeviantArt but now I don't have anywhere else where I can put this comic and have people actually read it.
WSM
WSM

Male

Forum Posts : 24

Fan of : Lauro and Elsa, Pia, Hillshire and Triela maybe

Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Would my parody webcomic be considered a fan comic? Empty Re: Would my parody webcomic be considered a fan comic?

Post by Robert Frazer Sat 21 May 2011 - 20:24

If it involves Gunslinger Girl, why wouldn't it be seen as a GSG fancomic? It's certainly not a fancomic of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Wink

I'm curious to see what it involves, and I think that we all appreciate new content and the opportunity for a laugh. Please do share.
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Would my parody webcomic be considered a fan comic? Empty Re: Would my parody webcomic be considered a fan comic?

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 21 May 2011 - 20:41

Trolling is not allowed here either. Secondly, we can not host your images. The space per user is so small its not worth it. I would advise going back to DA and have them host the images you would post here.

Now, as for such work, parody or not, it is still a fan work. If you want to share, you are welcomed too here.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by WSM Sat 21 May 2011 - 20:52

ElfenMagix wrote:Trolling is not allowed here either. Secondly, we can not host your images. The space per user is so small its not worth it. I would advise going back to DA and have them host the images you would post here.

Now, as for such work, parody or not, it is still a fan work. If you want to share, you are welcomed too here.
When I say "host", I really mean post. And I do not plan to troll here. And for the record, I wasn't really trolling. I offered some constructive criticism but the artist had such a huge ego that she took it as an insult.

Let's say, I upload them to photobucket and then make a thread and post the pages of the comic there. Would that be allowed?
I should also point out that this isn't a straight forward parody. Like the characters (Henrietta, Rico, etc.) aren't in this comic at all and it doesn't even take place in the same universe but there are characters that are very similar and have similar roles and personalities (though greatly exaggerated for comedic effect).
WSM
WSM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Sat 21 May 2011 - 21:10

Go ahead, WSM, everyone likes a good joke.
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WSM Sat 21 May 2011 - 21:40

Robert Frazer wrote:Go ahead, WSM, everyone likes a good joke.
So, you're saying it's cool if I did just that?
WSM
WSM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Sat 21 May 2011 - 22:09

Well, sure. How many ways can it be said? We're all interested in seeing new content being contributed.
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WSM Sat 21 May 2011 - 22:10

Awesome. I'll try putting something up tomorrow, maybe
WSM
WSM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 21 May 2011 - 22:17

Robert Frazer wrote:Well, sure. How many ways can it be said? We're all interested in seeing new content being contributed.
What he said.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by WSM Sat 21 May 2011 - 23:51

Ok, let me see if I can put pics on here...

Would my parody webcomic be considered a fan comic? Gun

Edit:
Ok, it looks like I can
Awesome
WSM
WSM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Fri 27 May 2011 - 12:06

Looking good WSM, lookin' good! Mean Brigadier Babe there!
Hey you are a fan Lauro and runt? (er, Elsa I mean) Wink Cool!
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 27 May 2011 - 16:57

Bunny slippers.

Hardcore.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by WSM Fri 27 May 2011 - 20:14

tremec6speed wrote:Looking good WSM, lookin' good! Mean Brigadier Babe there!
Hey you are a fan Lauro and runt? (er, Elsa I mean) Wink Cool!
Yeah, I think Lauro's jackassness and Elsa's stalkerness makes them the most interesting team. They should get their own spin-off.

In any case, thanks.

Nachtsider wrote:Bunny slippers.

Hardcore.
You think that's hardcore; she's wearing a Hannah Montana t-shirt under her sweater.
WSM
WSM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum