Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CHATBOX

+7
Officer_Charon
ACH
Schaschanist
Professor Voodoo
Godot
Five_X
Nachtsider
11 posters

Go down

THE CHATBOX Empty THE CHATBOX

Post by Nachtsider Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 20:32

This forum has a chatbox, which you can see it between the title banner and the topic list. It's a place where members can hang out and talk in real time - the venue for many an entertaining conversation, and the hatchery for many an amazing idea. You haven't truly participated in this community until you've been on the chatbox at least once. Drop by sometime; all are welcome!
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

THE CHATBOX Empty Re: THE CHATBOX

Post by Five_X Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 22:52

Sadly my proxy doesn't show the chatbox. D:

Nice advertisement, though. I think the chatbox is a teeny bit obvious to most, in any case.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot Tue 3 May 2011 - 0:26

I think its important to point out to the lurkers out there since they can't see it. There certainly are a LOT of you sneaky bastards; at the time of this post, there's 13 registered users on and 42 guests. Damn. I know you're reading this! (3/4 chance you're a lurker reading this)
Godot
Godot

Male

Forum Posts : 198

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Tue 3 May 2011 - 0:47

Nothing but perverts & drunks in chat rooms. Some of us are both.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot Tue 3 May 2011 - 0:53

Hope that doesn't include ours.
Godot
Godot

Male

Forum Posts : 198

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Tue 3 May 2011 - 6:02

Professor Voodoo wrote:Nothing but perverts & drunks in chat rooms. Some of us are both.
What should I reply to that????
Maybe: Some of us aren't one of these two. Wink

I think the Chatbox is not only a ''teeny bit obvious to most'', it also is a good place to talk about projects, discuss things about OCs, details about their universe or just to joke around with them in a "collaborative story".
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 816

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 3 May 2011 - 6:54

So, the other day, I was chatting with this other user. I won't name names; you know who you are. Every time I pitched in with some talk, it took them a minimum of five minutes to respond. Longest I waited was a little over ten. After my repeatedly asking them if everything was alright, they eventually confessed that they were busy playing an MMORPG.

If you have something to tend to, and aren't capable of effectively multitasking between it and the chatbox, please go tend to it and don't juggle the two. Making those you're conversing with wait for you to respond is downright rude.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Tue 3 May 2011 - 7:39

Nachtsider wrote:So, the other day, I was chatting with this other user. I won't name names; you know who you are. Every time I pitched in with some talk, it took them a minimum of five minutes to respond. Longest I waited was a little over ten. After my repeatedly asking them if everything was alright, they eventually confessed that they were busy playing an MMORPG.

If you have something to tend to, and aren't capable of effectively multitasking between it and the chatbox, please go tend to it and don't juggle the two. Making those you're conversing with wait for you to respond is downright rude.
Damn right. I know that just too well.
I am to be honest always switching between Firefox, ICQ and OpenOffice but i arranged the windows so that i have both in my sight and can see if someone is writing something.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 816

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH Tue 3 May 2011 - 14:07

It is a bit barren on the Chatbox... I be on whenever Im using the net... tho Im normally as quiet as a rock... since Im off to one of the 15-51 Tabs I have on my browser...
ACH
ACH

Male

Forum Posts : 390

Fan of : Physics~

Original Characters : Lots~

Comments : None~~~

Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Tue 3 May 2011 - 15:50

I rather enjoy the lively sessions on the chatbox... I wish there was a rolling archive of them, rather than the occasional screencaps that some folks grab.

Also, it WOULD be great to see some fresh blood in there... nothing against the regulars at all, but it's always nice to talk to new people, too.
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 4 May 2011 - 15:59

I try to be on most nights (9:30ishPM - 12AM EST), and join in the fun and frustrations. I do enjoy the activities thereon for most of the times. Sometimes I come in tired so I wont say much. But I (and the other admins) do police that chat room for inappropreate content when it comes up and am willing to press the clear or kick buttons when needed.

The Kick is only a warning. And I only use it as little as possible when needed. There is a Ban button, but that will not be used unless the member needs to be kicked out of the system and off the forum. I dont like to ban anyone, so dont force me to that decision.

Dont think that this is a rinky dink chatroom. Like any other webservice, IPs are tracked, and if proxies are used, IPs are still tracked. (Go to a Cicso Certification class and find out how.)

I would like to op a few people to help with the chat room monitoring, but the OP-feature was removed sometime ago (I remember it being there last summer but couldn't find it this spring).

Lets have fun and more fun.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 4 May 2011 - 17:09

Godot wrote:I think its important to point out to the lurkers out there since they can't see it. There certainly are a LOT of you sneaky bastards; at the time of this post, there's 13 registered users on and 42 guests. Damn. I know you're reading this! (3/4 chance you're a lurker reading this)
Just right now, one of those lurkers is probably me. sweat

No internet at home right now (hopefully friday) and I try to avoid logging in during work hours for extended periods.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 7 May 2011 - 18:20

I love to chat with someone. But I don't like people who trolling me. So I was an nice guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Sun 8 May 2011 - 0:03

Yeah I gotta go more often. I intend to but like now, I really don't have a great deal to say. If I see a thread that catches my eye I jump in and comment, but honestly, in chat rooms I tend to be shy for no reason......
sweat
i dunno
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 30 Jul 2011 - 1:40

As referenced in the chatbox, 30 July @ 0035 or so...

THE CHATBOX Americ10
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 9:26

Godot wrote:I think its important to point out to the lurkers out there since they can't see it. There certainly are a LOT of you sneaky bastards; at the time of this post, there's 13 registered users on and 42 guests. Damn. I know you're reading this! (3/4 chance you're a lurker reading this)

*Peeks around the side of the HTML coding* Squeak! *Hides in the lurker shadows again*
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content